Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,345 members, 7,864,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria (436 Views)

Peter Obi Kneels Down In Dunamis Church To Appreciate God (Photo) / Governor Ortom Serves His Aides Food To Appreciate Their Services [PHOTOS] / Senator Bamidele: Why My Colleagues Don’t Want Our Pay Package Published (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 05, 2023
We must as a matter of urgency make federal and state government policy to ensure Nigeria produce at least 95% of what we eat. This will reduce our importation expenditure and we retain our wealth here, to keep expanding our economy, the capital flight for now is astronomical, this is why our naira value is falling continuously.

Government can discourage importation of those goods that we can adequately produce. But before implementing this policy, government must give the farmers and agricultural business men the resources, loans, for fertilizer and mechanical implements, ensuring they are safe to go to their farms, build good roads and rail tracks to move heavy goods cheaper and faster, create more accessible markets. With these platforms in place, the government can ensure all we eat is produced in Nigeria...this will immediately appreciate our currency exchange value in the international market, due to the favorable trade balance. Nigerians must buy and use Nigerian goods and services, this is how our currency value will appreciate.

3 Likes

Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by Ezeama400: 8:57am On Jul 05, 2023
How many of your Governors are using Innoson ?

1 Like

Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by Flets: 9:00am On Jul 05, 2023
Let's start with the government patronizing Made-in-Naija
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 05, 2023
Ezeama400:
Am referring to everyone, the governors are Nigerians too.
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 05, 2023
Flets:
Let's start with the government patronizing Made-in-Naija
Of course.
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by SwissMass: 9:09am On Jul 05, 2023
Ezeama400:
Innoson is the only indigenous vehicle?
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by DeLaRue: 9:32am On Jul 05, 2023
When you look at the the myriad imported varieties of products in supermarkets, you know the Naira is in trouble.

There are more than 15 types of imported breakfast cereal in the average supermarket. Oil nko, typically 5 or more types of olive oil, then there is avocado oil, this oil and that oil. Didn't we survive when we had just locally produced palm oil, and vegetable oil?

Back in the day, we ate bread and tea (bournvita), jumped into our school uniforms and went to school. Some days, we ate yam and egg, even beans. Whatever your mama gave you, you ate.

But today's parents think it is beneath them to give their children anything but oats, granola etc for breakfast.

You look at where these needlessly expensive things come from, it's USA, Europe etc

Women's imported hair nko. Or the hundred varieties of expensive 'cream' they insist on having.

These and many more needless imports are damaging the naira and causing exponential inflation but people keep expecting that any government can simply wave a magic wand and increase the value of the naira.

Nobody wants to sacrifice their addiction to imported things.

Ok na.

4 Likes

Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by Dc14(m): 9:37am On Jul 05, 2023
SwissMass:
Innoson is the only indigenous vehicle?
no there is one nord car company at epe own by a yoruba
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by ambale(m): 9:53am On Jul 05, 2023
No its tinubunomics that we need now😄

Yeye people, yeye country

Governors should be spearheading these sort of reforms but instead they are busy shouting subsidy removal

Lets see what the fools have in stock for us now
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by wegevv: 9:55am On Jul 05, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:
We must as a matter of urgency make federal and state government policy to ensure Nigeria produce at least 95% of what we eat. This will reduce our importation expenditure and we retain our wealth here, to keep expanding our economy, the capital flight for now is astronomical, this is why our naira value is falling continuously.

Government can discourage importation of those goods that we can adequately produce. But before implementing this policy, government must give the farmers and agricultural business men the resources, loans, for fertilizer and mechanical implements, ensuring they are safe to go to their farms, build good roads and rail tracks to move heavy goods cheaper and faster, create more accessible markets. With these platforms in place, the government can ensure all we eat is produced in Nigeria...this will immediately appreciate our currency exchange value in the international market, due to the favorable trade balance. Nigerians must buy and use Nigerian goods and services, this is how our currency value will appreciate.

The incompetent Buhari and his failed administration already tried some of this economic illiteracy and it didn't work.

Go and learn why importation can be good for a country before pushing for failed policies
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 05, 2023
wegevv:

The incompetent Buhari and his failed administration already tried some of this economic illiteracy and it didn't work.

Go and learn why importation can be good for a country before pushing for failed policies
In the long run, production is better. Check nation's exports and imports balances, it needs to be balance, Nigeria's own is in a huge deficit. Your importation style economy only benefits a few, compared to nurturing a productive economy. Are you an importer?

Of course if you are an importer, or your people benefit from importing you won't like this truth...think of the whole. It's either you can't read or don't understand English, I clearly stated my points, even a primary school student can see the merits. Government don't have to ban anything, but will discourage the importation by placing high taxes on them.

Am happy intelligent people who understands economics agree with me, this is for economists not traders.

2 Likes

Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by wegevv: 10:02am On Jul 05, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

In the long run, production is better. Check nation's export and income balances, it needs to be balance, Nigeria's own is a huge deficit. Your importation style economy only benefits a few, compared to nurturing a productive economy.

From "ensure Nigeria produce at least 95% of what we eat" to "it needs to be balance".

We thank God for progress at least. Keep studying and learning my bro ❤️

Are you an importer? grin
I wish ❤️
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 05, 2023
wegevv:

From "ensure Nigeria produce at least 95% of what we eat" to "it needs to be balance".

We thank God for progress at least. Keep studying and learning my bro ❤️

I wish ❤️
State your points, this post is for intellectuals, we are seeking solutions to our economy. You can enumerate your point, if you have any, your points will speak for itself, if you don't know better, listen and learn. "What we eat" is not the only thing we Import in Nigeria, if we can produce 95% of what we eat, it will reduce our imports volume and balance off the huge expenses we spend on importing cars, champaigne, wines, electronics etc ...you seem slow to comprehend. This is a public forum don't expose your ignorance. Okpolo eye no be open eye my man. This is secondary school economics, how can you say importation grows economy...what are the positive multiplier effects of importation?

I said it needs to be balanced because people have taste and choices in a society, so some will still crave for some foreign goods, foreigners too will have some foreign tastes, but government can discourage too much importation by placing taxes on such goods, so that local manufacturers will grow, and more capacity and jobs is created for Nigeria. No country in the world can stop importation 100%, but it must be balanced, and in Nigeria we must strive and aim for that balance, because now, our imports receipts are still way too high, compared to our exports receipt, this is the problem affecting the value of our currency in the international market, and also affects job creation, wealth and economic growth in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by wegevv: 10:30am On Jul 05, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

State your points, this post is for intellectuals, we are seeking solutions to our economy. You can enumerate your point, if you have any, your points will speak for itself, if you don't know better, listen and learn. "What we eat" is not the only thing we Import in Nigeria, if we can produce 95% of what we eat, it will reduce our imports volume and balance off the huge expenses we spend on importing cars, champaigne, wines, electronics etc ...you seem slow to comprehend. This is a public forum don't expose your ignorance. Okpolo eye no be open eye my man.

Call me more names if it makes you feel better lol. I can take just for you my bro ❤️

Again, the incompetent Buhari tried this economic closed borders policy with rice that only led to inflation.

We clearly cannot adequately and cheaply produce 95% of the food that we eat. What we need to do is open the borders on rice, poultry etc, not continue the policies of a failed president.

I hope PBAT will listen to experts on this issue and do the right thing.
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2023
wegevv:

Call me more names if it makes you feel better lol. I can take just for you my bro ❤️

Again, the incompetent Buhari tried this economic closed borders policy with rice that only led to inflation.

We clearly cannot adequately and cheaply produce 95% of the food that we eat. What we need to do is open the borders on rice, poultry etc, not continue the policies of a failed president.

I hope PBAT will listen to experts on this issue and do the right thing.
Still you making no point, you have not stated the multiplier effects of importing on an economy, but my posts have enumerated the benefits of a production economy.

This is not about Buhari or Tinubu, president come and go, let's discuss economics. Opening the borders will only make prices cheap in the short run, but unemployment will continue, we won't achieve productivity and value in our economy, our currency value will not improve and we won't be able to track quality and standards adequately. The best route is production. Production, production, and adding value is what we need to be doing. Importing is a lazy way of reducing price, but importing has destroyed our economy, because we have been importing acutely from the late 1980's till now, when we collected IMF loans via IBB and they started trade liberalisation and open borders as part of IMF agreement before giving loans, this is how our currency value started plummeting.
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by ratiani6: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2023
True
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by helinues: 10:36am On Jul 05, 2023
Government first need to provide a conducive environment, all those boko Haram, bandits e.t.c should be rooted out.

States now have the power to generate their own electricity, the electricity should be improved in the next 6 months to 1 year

The made in Nigeria products have to be something quality which we can export to earn more.

Government empowerment, grants , loans are things that would encourage the citizens to be more productive which in return government tax them.

We don't have to leave everything to the politicians. As long as you and I are contributing our little quota towards the development of Nigeria, a stammerer boy go eventually call Baba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by helinues: 11:06am On Jul 05, 2023
See as how the thread dead, if na petty gossiping, you go don dey see the tribal warlords throwing sledge hammer.

Those are the type of discussion we should be having as Nigerians. Funnily, the so called politicians ( government) are also here, they have followed so many advises/suggestions from member of this forum.

Things that are wrong, let us call them out and the one they have done well, let us applaud. All this daily tribal discussion is so boring nowadays

1 Like

Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 05, 2023
helinues:
See as how the thread dead, if na petty gossiping, you go don dey see the tribal warlords throwing sledge hammer.

Those are the type of discussion we should be having as Nigerians. Funnily, the so called politicians ( government) are also here, they have followed so many advises/suggestions from member of this forum.

Things that are wrong, let us call them out and the one they have done well, let us applaud. All this daily tribal discussion is so boring nowadays
True talk, Nigerians should engage on these platforms, on such topics, governors, House of representatives membey, senators are all here.
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 05, 2023
helinues:
Government first need to provide a conducive environment, all those boko Haram, bandits e.t.c should be rooted out.

States now have the power to generate their own electricity, the electricity should be improved in the next 6 months to 1 year

The made in Nigeria products have to be something quality which we can export to earn more.

Government empowerment, grants , loans are things that would encourage the citizens to be more productive which in return government tax them.

We don't have to leave everything to the politicians. As long as you and I are contributing our little quota towards the development of Nigeria, a stammerer boy go eventually call Baba
Rightly said

1 Like

Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by helinues: 11:36am On Jul 05, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

True talk, Nigerians should engage on these platforms, on such topics, governors, House of representatives membey, senators are all here.

It used to be like that before on this forum, until kids started loitering around and be derailing threads.

Who are the government? Are they Aliens 👽? If they are not , then they also need our contribution/suggestions on how to get some things right. We have so many bright minds in this forum
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by helinues: 11:42am On Jul 05, 2023
We are the mods, this supposed make fp now

Mynd44
Oam4j
Nlfpmod
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by Depriest2020: 11:46am On Jul 05, 2023
Good advice 👍.
It's a pitty, it's not laced with Yoruba and Igbo banter's to make it generate traffic.
Re: If You Want Our Currency Value To Appreciate, We Must Buy And Use Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2023
Depriest2020:
Good advice 👍.
It's a pitty, it's not laced with Yoruba and Igbo banter's to make it generate traffic.
Lol, we are one people, one black race, one human race, of course we all have our cultural identity and affinity. Respect, and tolerance will make it work.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Has Tinubu Not Arrested Or Suspended This Thief / Palliative: Can #8,000 Sustain Mr Tinubu And His Household For A Month? / Emotions Well Up As Gov. Soludo Shuts Down Anambra Newspapers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.