Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo (598 Views)

2023:I Lost All My Classmates During The Civil War... Tinubu / Reno Omokri: Nigeria Will Be Worse Under Obi / Deji Adeyanju: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Runs Lagos Like Pig Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by astana1: 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2023
A Professor of Political Science and International Relations, Babafemi Badejo, has said though former President Muhammadu Buhari failed woefully in the fight against corruption, his successor, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, will be worse.

Badejo stated this while delivering the first inaugural lecture of Chrisland University, Abeokuta, Ogun State, titled: “Interests.”

He submitted that Tinubu, judging from his actions in the last one month, would do by far than Buhari in other areas, but not in the fight against corruption.

“It is my own view that former President Muhammadu Buhari failed woefully on the issue of anti-corruption. He did start by wanting to implement the UN anti-corruption’s strategy and went further to appoint a committee and that committee did nothing till today.”

“On President Tinubu, it is too early to give a conclusion, but I can say that from what he has done in one month, he will do by far better than Buhari, but not on corruption.

“He (Tinubu) has not been talking about corruption, but all he has been saying is that he is going to make sure that make judges are comfortable, make everybody comfortable, but no country around the world can be comfortable by staying very far away from fighting corruption. Maybe he will change his mind later on corruption. I wish him well.”

The inaugural lecturer lamented that, Nigerians had been making corruption to thrive by being “too docile and tolerant of corruption for too long.”

He said “Successive administrations, including that of President Buhari, have not faced corruption frontally with the full force of a political will that goes beyond mere lip service.
“Though possibly a hasty conclusion, I do not think the objective realities would allow President Tinubu to do any better, even if he ever wanted to fight corruption. The resultant outcome is unfruitful half-heartedly done prosecutorial gimmicks and noise, cherry-picking and selective haphazard trials.

There is need to ensure that in dealing with corruption, no one is immune or beyond the reach of the laws, by virtue of whatever relationships or status. This is indeed very important as part of steps by the President and those in top leadership positions, to begin to demonstrate their commitment to the anti-corruption war, through their personal examples of zero tolerance for corruption.”

Source: https://dailytrust.com/anti-graft-war-tinubu-will-be-worse-than-buhari-says-prof-badejo/

Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by rano1: 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2023
We have seen someone award themselves First Daughter of Nigeria
We have seen Terrorist visit the Villa ( Asari Dokubo)
We have seen Convicted criminals Visit the villa (Ibori)

All this in just 30 days... I don't think there is going to be a fight against corruption

4 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by TemplarLandry: 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2023
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by RingRoadMafia: 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:

This guy, I'm actually genuinely concerned about you, dont you have anything else to do with your life? You're on Nairaland from morning till night booking spaces, does that mean that you have nothing else to do? There's hardly any front page thread that I don't see you and it's really becoming a cause for concern how you spend all your day here booking spaces

To be honest, bro, if you're not getting paid for this, then I'm quite sorry for you.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by 001Lagos: 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2023
I thought Tinubu supporters said that it's on the south east people that are criticizing the druggy drugy
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by phorget(m): 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2023
Badejo is an Ipob... grin
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 7:55pm On Jul 05, 2023
We all knew it na. Not new.
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by TemplarLandry: 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2023
I know you're really really offended by my political comments. Sorry, ok?
And by the way, I'm not your guy, I'm an elder.

RingRoadMafia:

This guy, I'm actually genuinely concerned about you, dont you have anything else to do with your life? You're on Nairaland from morning till night booking spaces, does that mean that you have nothing else to do? There's hardly any front page thread that I don't see you and it's really becoming a cause for concern how you spend all your day here booking spaces

To be honest, bro, if you're not getting paid for this, then I'm quite sorry for you.
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by Adurax: 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2023
Fact grin grin
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by RingRoadMafia: 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
I know you're really really offended by my political comments. Sorry, ok?
And by the way, I'm not your guy, I'm an elder.

You're an elder yet you feel the best way to live out your days is by wasting your life on nairaland?
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by crossfm: 10:03pm On Jul 05, 2023
Hehehe .

This corruption fight go tough oh .

How can you go about fighting corrupt men who brought you to power,mad oooooo. angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by TemplarLandry: 10:04pm On Jul 05, 2023
“wasting” you say?
You got to know this how?
Jokes on you kiddo.

RingRoadMafia:

You're an elder yet you feel the best way to live out your days is by wasting your life on nairaland?
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by RingRoadMafia: 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
“wasting” you say?
You got to know this how?
Jokes on you kiddo.

So obviously think that booking spaces on the Internet is the best thing you could be doing at any given moment?
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by TemplarLandry: 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2023
What's “booking spaces”?
Enlighten me.
Coz you sound like an entitled secondary school boarding student.

RingRoadMafia:

So obviously think that booking spaces on the Internet is the best thing you could be doing at any given moment?
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by RingRoadMafia: 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
What's “booking spaces”?
Enlighten me.
Coz you sound like an entitled secondary school boarding student.

So this is supposed to hurt my feelings? Because I don't even understand what you're trying to achieve with that weak diss 🤣🤣
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by TemplarLandry: 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2023
Stop being embittered. Okay?
RingRoadMafia:

So this is supposed to hurt my feelings? Because I don't even understand what you're trying to achieve with that weak diss 🤣🤣
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by Fkmodhi: 10:22pm On Jul 05, 2023
How Will thief…nuuuubu… talk on corruption when he is the grandmaster of corruptions. That thief President is corruption right from birth.
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by Yorubadirty: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2023
Prof Badejo is an ipob

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a cocaine sniffing bend down select .

Helinues get your unwashed yansh here

1 Like

Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by AfonjaEkiti: 10:09am On Jul 06, 2023
Mods don hibernate 😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Anti-graft War: Tinubu Will Be Worse Than Buhari, Says Prof Badejo by RighChannel: 10:46am On Jul 06, 2023
Court go soon remove him from Aso Rock

(1) (Reply)

Solid Pick For Ministerial Position And Party Politics. She’s A Shinning Star / What Do You Think About His Quote on The Bible / ‘El-rufai’s Visit Is Over The Issue With The Senate’- Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.