Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,767 members, 7,855,251 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 05:03 PM

Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim (1206 Views)

Pandora: Buhari Visited Tinubu In Corruption-Tainted Villa Acquired By Oyetola / Children's Day: Buhari Celebrates With Visiting Children At State House / Buhari Meets Saraki And Dogara At State House(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim by Bobloco: 2:10am On Jul 06, 2023
President Bola Tinubu met with former Senate President Anyim Anyim at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Anyim, a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation under President Goodluck Jonathan, arrived at the Villa a few minutes before 2 pm alongside former National Publicity Secretary of the People’s Democratic Party, Olisah Metuh.

In 2022, Anyim declared his intention to run for President on the PDP’s ticket.

The party later suspended Anyim in March 2023 for alleged anti-party activity when he supported the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Ebonyi State, Francis Nwifuru.

Meanwhile, Metuh publicly resigned from the PDP and partisan politics in October 2022.

In his letter dated October 25, 2022, and addressed to the party’s National Chairman, Metuh premised his decision on medical grounds.

Speaking to journalists after the meeting, Senator Anyim said amidst other heart-to-heart discussions, Wednesday’s visit was mainly to encourage and congratulate the President on his inauguration and the successes he has so far achieved.

“It was a great honour to pay courtesy to the President and congratulate him, first and foremost, for his successful inauguration as the 16th President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and also to encourage and congratulate him for the bold he has taken so far.

“We had a whole lot of heart-to-heart discussions, but primarily, it’s to congratulate him,” Anyim said.

Also speaking, the former PDP spokesman, Metuh, said although the country had bled for the past eight years, he is confident that the Tinubu administration will achieve national unity.

He said “We came to see the President, to commend him for his very good takeoff; the policies he has brought, his inclusiveness, and most of all to canvass for the idea of participatory governance, participatory democracy.

“We believe that for policies and programmes, there has to be options and alternatives for those programmes, but only when we are together can we achieve success.

“Our nation has bled for over eight years, but we believe that from now onwards, Mr President has shown the way that the country will come together and then we’ll be able to live happily.”

https://punchng.com/why-i-visited-tinubu-at-state-house-anyim/?amp

3 Likes

Re: Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:31am On Jul 06, 2023
Bobloco:

President Bola Tinubu met with former Senate President Anyim Anyim at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Anyim, a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation under President Goodluck Jonathan, arrived at the Villa a few minutes before 2 pm alongside former National Publicity Secretary of the People’s Democratic Party, Olisah Metuh.

In 2022, Anyim declared his intention to run for President on the PDP’s ticket.

The party later suspended Anyim in March 2023 for alleged anti-party activity when he supported the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Ebonyi State, Francis Nwifuru.

Meanwhile, Metuh publicly resigned from the PDP and partisan politics in October 2022.

In his letter dated October 25, 2022, and addressed to the party’s National Chairman, Metuh premised his decision on medical grounds.

Speaking to journalists after the meeting, Senator Anyim said amidst other heart-to-heart discussions, Wednesday’s visit was mainly to encourage and congratulate the President on his inauguration and the successes he has so far achieved.

“It was a great honour to pay courtesy to the President and congratulate him, first and foremost, for his successful inauguration as the 16th President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and also to encourage and congratulate him for the bold he has taken so far.

“We had a whole lot of heart-to-heart discussions, but primarily, it’s to congratulate him,” Anyim said.

Also speaking, the former PDP spokesman, Metuh, said although the country had bled for the past eight years, he is confident that the Tinubu administration will achieve national unity.

He said “We came to see the President, to commend him for his very good takeoff; the policies he has brought, his inclusiveness, and most of all to canvass for the idea of participatory governance, participatory democracy.

“We believe that for policies and programmes, there has to be options and alternatives for those programmes, but only when we are together can we achieve success.

“Our nation has bled for over eight years, but we believe that from now onwards, Mr President has shown the way that the country will come together and then we’ll be able to live happily.”

https://punchng.com/why-i-visited-tinubu-at-state-house-anyim/?amp

He only waited at the LOBBY, he is not there to lobby for appointments grin
Re: Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim by yinkus6750(m): 3:03am On Jul 06, 2023
Well, there is freedom of movement for every citizen.
However, enough of unnecessary courtesy visits.
Let PBAT settle down to face the task ahead of him.
It's a very heinous one, and this visits are merely distractions for selfish recognition.
Re: Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim by fineboynl(m): 3:44am On Jul 06, 2023
They are started again some way they were praising buhari. No politician will tell a president the truth. They will all tell lie to sweetening Thier ego and to get favour. This administration is already taking that path of self praise.
Re: Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim by tiger28: 4:03am On Jul 06, 2023
Small small........dem dey go pay Homage.

BUT isn't this too late as others have made their moves early.

But they are a bit okay. The ones that will be left behind are the fools who are STILL waiting for their mandate AFTER coming THIRD in an election.

It will be tooooo late for them to start making moves .
Re: Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim by GreatKingg: 5:06am On Jul 06, 2023
Governance should be without hatred and bitterness. The election is over, so is politicking. Politics should only be during election, and not during governance. We should learn to separate politics from governance. That being said, irrespective of whether the winners and losers are currently slugging it out at the tribunal, the truth is that we currently have a sitting president, and he needs all the cooperation and help to lead the country in the right direction. Until the tribunal and supreme court rule otherwise, we currently have a president manning the affairs of the country. Even if you didn't vote for the current administration, it doesn't stop us from giving our support in whatever little way we can. His policies, goals, and decisions have far-reaching effects on both supporters and non-supporters alike. Like it or hate it, we are all NIGERIANS. We should only pray for her success, and not downfall. What do we really stand to gain at the downfall of our own country? but we have a lot to gain at her success and greatness. If you are being asked today of your nationality, your response will be NIGERIAN, not Oduduwa, not Biafra, and definitely not Arewa. We all should pray for the success of our leaders so they can lead us right.

Nigeria SHALL be GREAT!
Re: Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim by ratiani6: 5:57am On Jul 06, 2023
Okay
Re: Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim by crossfm: 6:51am On Jul 06, 2023
Hehehe.

It's about to go down. Once you see these politicians uniting in Nigeria,then the masses are in danger.

I prefer when they fight and make constructive criticism. It will keep the ones in power in check,they will try and work even if they are not happy grin.
Re: Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim by monakii: 7:03am On Jul 06, 2023
Sycophants and lobbyists. They can't soil there hand in decent hustle except feeding off crumbs that fall off the government coffers. They have been choke-holding Nigeria and don't want Nigerians to breathe. May God deliver us!
Re: Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim by SmartPolician: 7:10am On Jul 06, 2023
yinkus6750:
Well, there is freedom of movement for every citizen.
However, enough of unnecessary courtesy visits.
Let PBAT settle down to face the task ahead of him.
It's a very heinous one, and this visits are merely distractions for selfish recognition.

People don't wake up and visit the Aso Rock.

The president must approve it before they meet him.

Welcoming guests is part of the job of a president because those people bring ideas, solutions and opportunities to him.

But the question now should be, "Who is visiting him and for what purpose?"

1 Like

Re: Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim by princeemma69: 8:29am On Jul 06, 2023
What is, Anyim still doing with politics? Because his candidate in PDP lost in the primaries, he supported Apc. I am shocked to see Olisa Metuh who said all sorts about APC, visiting Tinubu now. Maybe he is going for an appointment or the closure of his corruption case with EFCC. The next person I am expecting to to decamp back to APC is Kenneth Okonkwo, even his body language is already changing
Re: Why I Visited Tinubu At State House — Anyim by Okoroawusa: 8:32am On Jul 06, 2023
Who no like better thing...

(1) (Reply)

Dangers Of Lagosizing South West : Open Letter To Tinubu By SW APC / Ikwerre Elder Seeks To Become Ohanaeze Ndigbo President-general / It 's Never Late To Go To School!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.