Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,541 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Nursing Adaptation-ireland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nursing Adaptation-ireland (5467 Views)

Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Fake Marriages In Ireland: Nigerians Involvement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nursing Adaptation-ireland by enfield: 1:02pm On Oct 05, 2011
Hi All,
Please we have current Decision Letters from ABA ie the nursing board in Ireland.However we are required to get a sponsor/employer first before we can be on the programme.Please who knows how we can get a sponsor from Ireland. Please we already know it is hard-but doable.All things are possible to them that believe.
May I also request input from Justwise and Vicjustice.
Thanks all
Re: Nursing Adaptation-ireland by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2011
enfield:

Hi All,
Please we have current Decision Letters from ABA ie the nursing board in Ireland.However we are required to get a sponsor/employer first before we can be on the programme.Please who knows how we can get a sponsor from Ireland. Please we already know it is hard-but doable.All things are possible to them that believe.
May I also request input from Justwise and Vicjustice.
Thanks all

He knows far more than i do on issue like this. juzme is another person that could help.
Re: Nursing Adaptation-ireland by juzme: 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2011
If am not wrong you are usually referred to adaptation and assessment if you did not meet direct registration requirements. And in that case you will be required to complete the adaptation and assessment programme in an approved hospital which I also believed that you must have received with your decision. So please refer to your decision letter and check the lists of approved hospital that you can register for adaptation. If by any reason you don’t have it then I may try to check on it as regard to Irish nursing system or perhaps people who know about it can lists them here for you.
Re: Nursing Adaptation-ireland by enfield: 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2011
Justwise/Juzme and fellow Nairalanders.
thanks a lot.The truth is every internationally-educated nurse(understand this to mean mainly non eu) desiring to work in the 'developed' world will usually need a period of clinical adaptation.We have managed to pass the prescribed IELTS-which is not easy .Thats why we were given the decision letter in the first place.The letter lists a number of hospitals that we could contact,nearly half of these hospitals insist that we should have a work permit before we can come on the programme-which is a minimum of 3 months and we can gain irish nurse status.
Please there must be people in the house who know nurses working in Ireland or living there that might know relevant agencies to help us.Thanks for every help
Re: Nursing Adaptation-ireland by juzme: 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2011
you may try this company http://www.sigmarhealth.com/contact_us.0.html. but I am not guaranteeing them as I don't know anything about them. Sorry, I am not much familiar with this stuff.
Re: Nursing Adaptation-ireland by dalebutt1: 11:53pm On Oct 07, 2011
@ Juzme hearts to u, atleast u showed concern thanks for trying to help the OP
Re: Nursing Adaptation-ireland by enfield: 10:33am On Nov 03, 2011
Greetings all,
Vicjustice,I have not read your contribution to my post-perhaps you missed it.I believe that being on ground there in Ireland,you would have credible leads that we can follow-Yes?Still waiting please,I read in other fora non-eu still getting work permits/sponsorship.
Please give us a hand or a leg if your hands are carrying too much-lol.
Thanks
Re: Nursing Adaptation-ireland by tony13: 12:09am On Nov 04, 2011
try :

http://www.nurseoncall.ie/

Nurse on Call
59 Ranelagh Village
Dublin 6
Ireland
Tel: +353 1 4965199
Fax: +353 1 4965690
Email generalinfo@nurseoncall.ie

Bookings bookings@nurseoncall.ie

Nurses Accounts nursesaccounts@nurseoncall.ie
Re: Nursing Adaptation-ireland by enfield: 9:09am On Nov 04, 2011
@Tony13,
Many thanks for your help.I had earlier emailed this agency.I got a response saying they do not sponsor foreign nurses-though their web page info says they do.They advised i contact nursing homes or hospitals directly.Hospitals will only accept one who already has a work visa.Tough.

@justwise,is it possible to holler vicjustice and find out why he has not responded to mine,pls
Re: Nursing Adaptation-ireland by juzme: 10:08am On Nov 04, 2011
I think getting a sponsor in Ireland and some other european countries may be very hard nowadays because of high unemployment rates. I will suggest you further your education in the same field in Ireland and through that you will be allowed to work up to 20 hours a week. Possibly, you may get a work permit after your study.

(1) (Reply)

Traveling To Canada & U.s Made Easy. / U.S Embassy Abuja : Please Help..is This Possible? / Another Country With The Green-white-green Flag?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.