Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? (467 Views)

Man Brings Home His 11yr Old Secret Son To His Wife Of 13yrs (pics/video) / Married Woman Disrupts Husband Secret Wedding, Brings Their Child To The Altar / Zimbabwean Woman Sacks Husband, Brings In Boyfriend, Have Sex In Front Of Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by Darlingme(f): 1:33pm On Jul 06, 2023
So, I was thinking out loud on my desk this morning and this keep ringing in my head

I've known quite number of people, who are extensively wealthy and enjoying life, but they're not famous, they don't even post or update on their social media platform.

I've also seen lots of popular people/celebrities, who can not afford medical treatment. Live good life due to financial hindrance.
Some celebrities, rent/borrow clothes, chains, wrist watches even shoes to functions, music videos, photoshoot and make the society believe it's theirs.

This days, almost everyone wants to trend.
Some ladies, do all manner of cra.zy things in the name of content creation, to gain Fame online
So many parents wants their little children to get famous so, they can have breakthrough from poverty.
My question is this,
Dose fame really bring wealth? If yes, How?
Why does most famous people in reality, poor?
Would you prefer to be rich and have a quiet life or famous, known everywhere, but financially not stable?
What are the benefits of being popular?
Share your opinion. Let's learn.
Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by Oloki: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2023
No. If it does, those actors and actresses who are popular but poor wouldn't be out there begging

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by Darlingme(f): 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2023
Oloki:
No. If it does, those actors and actresses who are popular but poor wouldn't be out there begging
I thought as much. But why do many of us wants to get fame?
Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by Oloki: 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2023
For ego sake. So they can shout, 'do you know who I am'?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by NAVYdogg: 5:49am On Jul 07, 2023
Darlingme:
I thought as much. But why do many of us wants to get fame?

Prolly just want to be the centre of attention to feel they are worthy of existing, that feeling of I'm better than others in order to feel valuable in the society.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by Darlingme(f): 10:29am On Jul 07, 2023
NAVYdogg:

Prolly just want to be the centre of attention to feel they are worthy of existing, that feeling of I'm better than others in order to feel valuable in the society.
I think it doesn't worth it.

I prefer living somewhere enjoying in wealth than being popular everywhere and be secretly suffering

1 Like

Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by Darlingme(f): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2023
Oloki:
For ego sake. So they can shout, 'do you know who I am'?
Honestly. It doesn't worth it
Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by 1TrippleCee: 2:29pm On Dec 05, 2023
Hmm
Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by janvier27(m): 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2023
There's a popular song that when you're in search of money, and you meet honour on the way, then you should turn back because the money is needed to buy honour
Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by Stevenbright(m): 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2023
Darlingme:
So, I was thinking out loud on my desk this morning and this keep ringing in my head

I've known quite number of people, who are extensively wealthy and enjoying life, but they're not famous, they don't even post or update on their social media platform.

I've also seen lots of popular people/celebrities, who can not afford medical treatment. Live good life due to financial hindrance.
Some celebrities, rent/borrow clothes, chains, wrist watches even shoes to functions, music videos, photoshoot and make the society believe it's theirs.

This days, almost everyone wants to trend.
Some ladies, do all manner of cra.zy things in the name of content creation, to gain Fame online
So many parents wants their little children to get famous so, they can have breakthrough from poverty.
My question is this,
Dose fame really bring wealth? If yes, How?
Why does most famous people in reality, poor?
Would you prefer to be rich and have a quiet life or famous, known everywhere, but financially not stable?
What are the benefits of being popular?
Share your opinion. Let's learn.

Fame brings money but it takes financial management skills and prudence to create wealth out of it.

By my definition, wealth is using your money opportunities to create a lifelong financial streams of income.

The actors you mentioned, were once rich but lack the ability or willingness to create wealth out of their money for a long-term financial security.

For instance, if what Portable says about his financial investment is true, then he is wealthy and will even get wealthier with time because he is investing his money rightly but there are some musicians who are have more liquid cash than him right now but can't be as wealthy as him in the long term because they spend the most of their money on frivolities.

As at the moment, the digital world have created one way by which fame can make an individual directly rich. That is having a high social media or YouTube followers which can bring money to the person through advertisement revenues. But the individual still have to manage the money to create wealth out of it.

4 Likes

Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by candelahria(f): 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2023
Yes, it can: by association. Also, if you're famous, you have some degree of influence. People who are wealthy can pay you for the publicity that they lack. You can invest well and become wealthy on the long run.

4 Likes

Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by havecycle: 4:46pm On Dec 05, 2023
candelahria:
Yes, it can: by association. Also, if you're famous, you have some degree of influence. People who are wealthy can pay you for the publicity that they lack. You can invest well and become wealthy on the long run.

You nailed it. Some famous people receive gifts freely from the wealthy class for doing them a little favor or none.

1 Like

Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:42am On Dec 06, 2023
I dont want or like fame. Lemme just have money codedly simple.i hate attention.was chatting with a lady of fb yesterday just to catch cruise when I dey free,she concluded that I am poor,because I told her I sell phones and I sent her a very old photo of me because the last time I put a photo on fb na 2015.so she concluded.its good.i like it grin.

1 Like

Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by ahnie: 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2023
I thought you have disdain for Nigerian girls and you did swore some time back not to have anything to do with them
Aaaaarghmed:
I dont want or like fame. Lemme just have money codedly simple.i hate attention.was chatting with a lady of fb yesterday just to catch cruise when I dey free,she concluded that I am poor,because I told her I sell phones and I sent her a very old photo of me because the last time I put a photo on fb na 2015.so she concluded.its good.i like it grin.

1 Like

Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:10am On Dec 07, 2023
ahnie:
I thought you have disdain for Nigerian girls and you did swore some time back not to have anything to do with them
read my chats well.i was catching cruise.most Nigerian girls are hungry and looking for who to leech on,cannot be a billing machine.she kept asking about my job,what I have done for a living.imagine .that's what's most important for her.i blocked her.e dey always sweet me to see their stupidity and how they quickly judge people by fb photos .I wont marry a Nigerian.Even my mum sent me a voice note to marry a foreigner.
Re: Does Fame Really Brings Wealth? How? by Darlingme(f): 8:15am On Dec 18, 2023
Stevenbright:

Fame brings money but it takes financial management skills and prudence to create wealth out of it.

By my definition, wealth is using your money opportunities to create a lifelong financial streams of income.

The actors you mentioned, were once rich but lack the ability or willingness to create wealth out of their money for a long-term financial security.

For instance, if what Portable says about his financial investment is true, then he is wealthy and will even get wealthier with time because he is investing his money rightly but there are some musicians who are have more liquid cash than him right now but can't be as wealthy as him in the long term because they spend the most of their money on frivolities.

As at the moment, the digital world have created one way by which fame can make an individual directly rich. That is having a high social media or YouTube followers which can bring money to the person through advertisement revenues. But the individual still have to manage the money to create wealth out of it.
Insightful. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Woman Said "Alexa Remind Me That I Don't Need A Man" Then This Video Came Up / What A Woman Truly Needs. / Seun Needs To Sit Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.