Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia (19706 Views)

Yevgeny Prigozhin Feared Killed In Plane Crash In Russia (Photos) / Wagner Troops Want To Go On "Excursion" To Poland & Explore West - Lukashenko / Wagner Boss Prigozhin Agrees To De-escalate Revolt In Russia - Lukashenko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by Obinoscopy(m): 2:06pm On Jul 06, 2023
I think Putin is losing his authoritarian grip. And thats all it takes to take down a dictatorial leader, a little dip in control. The Russian rebel that will emerge might not be Prigozhin but Prigozhin has cracked open the rebellion door for others to take cue from. Putin will definitely not be sleeping with his two eyes closed. The western world should just grab some popcorn and watch and should not interfere on the impending Putin implosion. My opinion.

● Lukashenko says Wagner boss Prigozhin no longer in Belarus
● Terms of Wagner relocation to Belarus unresolved
● Uncertainty surrounds deal that ended armed mutiny in Russia

MINSK, July 6 (Reuters) - The mutinous head of Russia's Wagner group is no longer in Belarus and it is not clear if his fighters will move there, Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko said on Thursday, raising questions about the deal that ended last month's revolt.

Lukashenko said on June 27 that Yevgeny Prigozhin had arrived in Belarus as part of the deal that defused the crisis, which had seen the Wagner fighters briefly capture the southern Russian city of Rostov-on-Don and then march towards Moscow.

But Lukashenko, who brokered the deal, said on Thursday that Prigozhin was now in St Petersburg, Russia's second city, or may have moved on to Moscow.

"He is not on the territory of Belarus," Lukashenko told a press conference in Minsk.

Lukashenko also said the question of Wagner units relocating to Belarus had not been resolved, and would depend on decisions by Russia and by Wagner.

"Whether they will be in Belarus or not, in what quantity, we will figure it out in the near future," he said.

His comments highlighted the huge uncertainties surrounding the terms and implementation of the deal that ended the mutiny, which Russian President Vladimir Putin has said could have plunged the country into civil war.

Prigozhin's men have spearheaded much of the fighting in Ukraine but he has also accused Russia's top brass of corruption and incompetence. Prigozhin cast the June 24 "march of justice" on Moscow as a protest against the military leadership.

If Prigozhin is able to return to Russia with impunity, it would raise new questions about Putin's authority in the wake of the brief mutiny that marked the gravest challenge to his 23 years in power.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/belarus-leader-lukashenko-says-prigozhin-is-back-russia-2023-07-06/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by Obinoscopy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
Lets face it, all these is happening because Ukraine is giving Russia hard time.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by TemplarLandry: 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
cool
Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by slawomir: 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Putin is a toothless bulldog

I got no respect for that man right from onset

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
We were watching CNN some hours ago that they said he is missing!

We been think say Putin don put am for one corner!

If this story is true, then
Putin will definitely not be sleeping with his two eyes closed.

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by dondodo: 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
The same way Obi will be back in Aso Rock soon

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by christejames(m): 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
We have worse problems in Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬

Abeg leave the Europeans to settle themselves...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by victory36(m): 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
All of this is staged. Every sensible person can sense it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by nairalanda1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
Am watching and seeing.

Even then, Yegveny Viktorovich better watch his back and front before someone slips something into his samovar....

56 Likes

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by id4sho(m): 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
The hot dog, burger boy turned rebel tongue
Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by Emu4life(m): 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2023
Not a single fvck was given

5 Likes

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by WriterNigg: 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Putin is toothless bulldog

I dare you to say this in Russia.

Puppy.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by Opolopoopolonio: 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2023
Putin will be shitting his pants at the moment. cheesy

All hail pro-Putin l*natics! cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by Emu4life(m): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar Putin is a toothless bulldog
Damnnn niggarrrrr Putin issa real nigarrrr

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by nairalanda1(m): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Putin is a toothless bulldog

Too early to say.

While Yevgeny Viktorovich did create a bit of a storm, it is telling he pulled back before he reached Moscow, and the troops waiting for him. Plus I doubt there was no way he and his 25000 pikemen were going to win against the Russian Army. (A few thousand Spestnaz troops attacking Wagner might do the trick).

We better not underestimate Vladimir Vladimirovich. He hasn't survived for over 20 years for nothing.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
victory36:
Dem stage war that have taken thousands of lives and destroyed millions of properties?!
Well, to each their own.
Believe whatever you wanna Believe.

victory36:
I am talking about the whole Wagner coup story.
We Gerrit now.
You may be right.
That may be a master stroke from Putin you mean.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by sofeo(m): 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2023
Alright
Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by blueghost(m): 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2023
angry
Nobody is invincible is just the matter of time

1 Like

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by JeffreyD1(m): 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2023
ABI them don kill am
Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by ncoolsome(m): 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
victory36:

And u are not part of the staged drama abi...oya give it a befitting title..

3 Likes

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by ebufa: 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
Obinoscopy:
Lets face it, all these is happening because Ukraine is giving Russia hard time.

Oga it is a war of near peers! It was never going to be a walk in the park! You think these slavs are women posing as men in Africa.......common fulani herdsmen nearly turned 100 million black men in Nigeria into slaves......but for the ESN......!

1 Like

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by nairalanda1(m): 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
post=124252781:

Dem stage war that have taken thousands of lives and destroyed millions of properties?!
Well, to each their own.

I don't think he means the war, I think he means the whole Wagner March on Moscow, it was somehow.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by oluwaseyi0: 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2023
I don't trust Putin, Wagner and Russia

I feel they are all in just decieving the west with a fantom inhouse fight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by SouthSouth1914: 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2023
It is possible Putin asked for his extradition!
Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by tommy589(m): 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2023
How many lives were lost to this Wagner insurrection?Maybe this is scam that is stage managed to fleece western countries
Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by Cantonese: 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2023
Difficult times for Putin.

The Russian army was overrated at the beginning of the war. Putin's backbone is the country's nuclear power. Looking at the current realities on the fronts, you"LL fu d that without Prigozhin's group, Russian would have been pushed back to Moscow by now.

A big shame not let him end the needless war that has cost too much in lives and properties. Now the entire world suffers from this Russian unnecessary show of power against Ukraine.

6 Likes

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by Throwback: 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2023
dondodo:
The same way Obi will be back in Aso Rock soon

Was Obi ever residing at Aso Rock before for him to be back?

Na dodo remain for your brain after Obi don use the original brain ride bicycle to nowhere.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by Jostoman: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ukraine people should watch their back so that they wont be caught unaware, all this thing is looking like a game to me.
Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by mytime24(f): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2023
Wahala for putin
Re: Belarus Leader Lukashenko Says Prigozhin Back In Russia by Day169: 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ultimately, I hope Putin would be 'put-in' his rightful place, where he belongs.. the gallows! angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger Rulers Accuse France Of Freeing β€˜Terrorists’, Air Space Breach / Italian Woman Leaves $13Million To Her Cat / Foreigners Targeted In Massive Police Raid In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.