Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,593 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul (29721 Views)

Hilarious Tweets From Twitter Users As WhatsApp Is Down (Pictures) / Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users / Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by wirinet(m): 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
olaztek:

The problem is that we Africans see our own products as inferior to the white.

Even if all these infrastructures are readily available, black people will never believe in their product enough to invest in it and compete with other races.

We see our products as inferior because they are inferior. If you produce a good product at the cheaper or the same quality as foreign ones, Nigerians will patronise you.
Which products or services are at the same standard and cost as imported ones that Nigerians are not patronising?

3 Likes

Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Kukutenla: 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

I am but that is not my line I have no background in that sector.
In other words, you're talking about something you know nothing about
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by TechCapon(m): 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Spirit04:
how much is nairaland making? It's not by numbers. You coming here to make comments adds nothing to nairaland's purse. They need advertisers. Not all those fake mb they're advertising.
but without people's comments there will be no advertisers
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Goodman2023: 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Purvan:

Funny enough that is what he wants you to see

Seun would never drop the real stats of nairaland just like how coca cola won't list their key ingredients

Ahahhaha... As if you are the programmer...hahahahhahaha

What will he gain by reducing the number ?
Besides, it's updates itself automatically as new members register...

Oga I am a programmer, stop this argument

Very few nigerians know about nairaland....

How many people know of nairaland in your neighborhood
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by nauto: 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
I see
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Gajagojo: 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
Kukutenla:

In other words, you're talking about something you know nothing about
I asked a question .
That is how I learn not from fools who go about trolling spitefully.
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by KingOfTheDamned: 3:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

What have you said? Nothing
Just running your mouth without understanding
Is Twitter profitable?
What is infrastructure?

The point I made was about having numbers AND Knowing how to leverage that to make money.
Nairaland would make more impact of it floated and diluted its ownership and vision which is currently a one man show that has exhausted it's original vision.
Nairaland is probably making a profit which Twitter is NOT

How many Nairaland members show their real identity it promotes anonymity which aids hate speech

Who is proud to say they are on Nairaland?

You are talking a lot but saying nothing. You know not gonna so shut up
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by olaztek(m): 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
wirinet:

We see our products as inferior because they are inferior. If you produce a good product at the cheaper or the same quality as foreign ones, Nigerians will patronise you.
Which products or services are at the same standard and cost as imported ones that Nigerians are not patronising?
Do you know that the Chinese started producing substandard goods before they were able to perfect them. If their people abandoned their products, how would they learn and improve on their products.
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
wirinet:

Does times have passed if you provide quality IT or social media service we will patronize our own it’s not a product that the actual quality of the product is quite visible it’s a services if it’s as good we got no problem utilizing it.
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Chetas81(m): 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:
The question is why Africans cannot create their own platforms?
because they don't have the mentality to do so, yahoo mail address become fraudsters weapon for the useless African citizen, who decided to use it against the people who create the yahoo email address ✍️😜
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by EnglandAmaka(f): 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

What happened to 2go?

Was it created by Americans?
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by prophetfire: 3:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
Spirit04:
how much is nairaland making? It's not by numbers. You coming here to make comments adds nothing to nairaland's purse. They need advertisers. Not all those fake mb they're advertising.
The truth is that Africans don't value their own. Simple.
Seun has been here for ages defending and projecting Tinubu, but has Tinubu's team ever thought of openly identifying with his platform?
But once Threads was launched, Tinubu was one of the first from Nigeria that jumped in and even went on air to brandish his joining Threads. INFERIORITY COMPLEX!!

1 Like

Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by ILoveFaith: 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
Melezenawii:

They do... but no infrastructure to project and scale it like US. US being called super power is no joke.How many western powers are competing with US on these media platforms?

Tiktok?
Creativity knows no soil
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Judolisco(m): 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

What do you mean by infrastructure

Nairaland has been here a long time
Stagnant and focused on projecting hatred
The numbers are there

What exactly d you mean by infrastructure?

Do you see any money going back into Nairaland as reinvestment? Any vision?
Are the owners willing to dilute their ownership and employ quality people?

You don't have to start at the top but grow incrementally
d people on nairaland are d same people on twitter...
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Chetas81(m): 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
The foolish African citizen cannot create their own platform 😜 their sense is all about involved in negative activities and create problems for their black African brothers, because black colour was described as negative colour ✌️ while the black African citizen involved in the same negative activities 😜 black people hate each other till this minute ✌️✍️
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by TruthSocial: 3:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
They report this as something huge , existing instagram users are just integrating their accounts to thread, you can’t have threads with no IG. If you get Yanked on thread, your IG gets yanked automatically
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by elefind(m): 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

When you try to build anything in this part of the world, people will laugh at you instead of supporting or encouraging you. 5 years ago my co-founder and I built a social network more like Twitter and a forum function in one place, my fellow Nigerians mocked me even my friends never sign up or check out the functionality, afternoon many months of trying to scale and promote we just have to shutdown the project. 2 years investment lost but great lessons I will never forget. Nigerians are the true enemy of themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Cantonese: 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

The numbers are there

Hmmmm
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by jchioma: 3:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
LeoThaGreat:
Facebook and Google are currently the most effective spy agencies in the world.

I used DuckDuckGo search engine to look up something on the internet and it informed me Google Analytics was tracking my search but it has blocked it.

A collegue started watching WURA series on Showmax 2 days ago, now her Facebook timeline is filled with suggested posts about WURA.

Some internet peeps joke that if you think of buying iPhone 15 today, Google & Facebook Ads on your phone will be about iPhone 15.

Whoever cherish privacy should use Apple or any other product asides Google and its apps, and should be very paranoid about what they do on Facebook or any phone where it's products (like Instagram, Whatsapp and Thread are installed)

Hehehe!

What DuckDuckGo search engine did not tell is that they have your search tracking on lockdown already. Any other thing is shalaye!

1 Like

Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by onuman: 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
Real-time used by Linda Vacarrino of Twitter reminds one about Nigeria's Election umpire, Mahmood Yakubu, who set up regulation that upload of election results would be on Real-time for Nigeria's 2023 General elections.
Real-time later became no time for Yakubu and his comrades-in-fraud after the voters had cast their votes.
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by renderme: 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2023
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Pootle: 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

you airing this view true an African platform already undecided we jus need to believe in our identity more
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Pootle: 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2023
Astra101:

The west will never allow it to fly and will never use it.

You remember 2go

wrong african always claimming victimization, china uses weibo dey giv no two flying F if anyone uses it with them or not

1 Like

Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Gajagojo: 4:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
Pootle:

you airing this view true an African platform already undecided we jus need to believe in our identity more

If I didn't believe
I won't be asking the question

However this is a different kind of platform because it is anonymous
Is any Nigerian government ministry department or official here?
How many people here are here with their known identity

I heard Tinubu joined already
Is he on Nairaland?

Nairaland is very different
I am talking of a platform that is not designed to be faceless
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by castrokins(m): 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2023
Where's Nairaland Hosted?

Gajagojo:

The numbers are there

Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Pootle: 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

If I didn't believe
I won't be asking the question

However this is a different kind of platform because it is anonymous
Is any Nigerian government ministry department or official here?
How many people here are here with their known identity

I heard Tinubu joined already
Is he on Nairaland?

Nairaland is very different
I am talking of a platform that is not designed to be faceless

read what i typed well we need to believe in our product and ourselves more, why cant this platform be promoted more.
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by cococandy(f): 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
They’ll initially lose followers if they permanently ban all the women haters who are the majority of their users.

Gajagojo:

The numbers are there

1 Like

Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Gajagojo: 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Pootle:

read what i typed well we need to believe in our product and ourselves more, why cant this platform be promoted more.
read what I typed with sense
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by wirinet(m): 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
olaztek:

Do you know that the Chinese started producing substandard goods before they were able to perfect them. If their people abandoned their products, how would they learn and improve on their products.

We got spoilt by superior quality products in the 70s and 80s, unlike the Chinese who did not develop a taste for western standard products early. Having said that Nigerians patronised made in Nigeria cars (Peugeot), made in Nigeria shoes (Bata) and made in Nigeria fabrics in the 70s. The main problem is that the quality of made in Nigeria goods and services have fallen over the years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by wirinet(m): 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:

Infrastructure to scale up is no joke.

Data centers costs billions of dollars to maintain every year. No other country in the world can operate at that level that china and USA are operating, unless means of storing data becomes cheap.

Why do you think seun doesn't host videos etc on nairaland?

That will astronomically increased his bandwidth to host stupid videos and meme, yet he probably won't make enough to maintain it.
False! The main problem with Data centres is not the means of storing data but Power. Hardwares needed for building a data centre are same price round the world .Data centres consumes a lot of power and thar power must be 24/7. You cannot run Data centres profitably and efficency on generators. The other problem with running data centres is manpower. We just don't have competent engineers that can build, manage and maintain data centres. I did some job for a data centre on V/I about 15 years ago. The were the ones maintaining the servers for Nigerian customs. Their main complaint then was that they need to maintain their servers 24/7, so they were looking for an alternative power solution to run their servers after office hours and throughout the weekend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tecno Spark 2 Unveiling In Lagos (Live Photos) / OPPO Launches The A93 In Nigeria (Specifications, Price, Pictures) / 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Posting On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.