Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul (29698 Views)

Hilarious Tweets From Twitter Users As WhatsApp Is Down (Pictures) / Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users / Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The Worldโ€™s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by rainlover(m): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2023
Suspect33:
This is a marketing strategy to give thread more exposure.

Twitter is irreplaceable, No social media platform comes close to it. Except Crowwee of course grin grin
COWEE?
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Pacyrus(m): 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

What do you mean by infrastructure

Nairaland has been here a long time
Stagnant and focused on projecting hatred
The numbers are there

What exactly d you mean by infrastructure?

Do you see any money going back into Nairaland as reinvestment? Any vision?
Are the owners willing to dilute their ownership and employ quality people?

You don't have to start at the top but grow incrementally
What an incredible input. ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by NinjaMetahuman: 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
wirinet:

False! The main problem with Data centres is not the means of storing data but Power. Hardwares needed for building a data centre are same price round the world .Data centres consumes a lot of power and thar power must be 24/7. You cannot run Data centres profitably and efficency on generators. The other problem with running data centres is manpower. We just don't have competent engineers that can build, manage and maintain data centres. I did some job for a data centre on V/I about 15 years ago. The were the ones maintaining the servers for Nigerian customs. Their main complaint then was that they need to maintain their servers 24/7, so they were looking for an alternative power solution to run their servers after office hours and throughout the weekend.
so how is what I said false when all you said is to corroborate what I said?

Did you take time to read my post at all?
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Elidrisy20: 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:
The question is why Africans cannot create their own platforms?
we don't have silicon valley
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Psammmy(m): 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
[quote author=EMMARNUEL post=124269716]I will create a website to rival nairaland.[/quote

Will support financially ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™]
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by BigCowHornn: 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
yusufu16:

Cloudfare is global, even companies in Europe, Asia use cloudfare.

It's services are global not company location
It's in the USA.

Same with goggle and most big tech. They just maintain servers or stations globally
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by SaLongs1(m): 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
He can afford to shed a few billion dollar tears๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by bigt2(m): 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
Nairaland needs to attract the, not the other way round. Once firms see you're evolving, they will click on.
No significant innovation on this forum, and I believe the profit sits in seuns pocket undecided

(
Spirit04:
how much is nairaland making? It's not by numbers. You coming here to make comments adds nothing to nairaland's purse. They need advertisers. Not all those fake mb they're advertising.

1 Like

Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Walamide: 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
The more Elon rants, the more popular he makes Thread trend!
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by sowilli: 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
Spirit04:
how much is nairaland making? It's not by numbers. You coming here to make comments adds nothing to nairaland's purse. They need advertisers. Not all those fake mb they're advertising.
ads is just one way to monetize a social media platform. People pay for value. The guys posts addressed some truth.
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by makaveli902: 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

Have you forgotten 2go app. It was a South African
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by laprince(m): 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

What do you mean by infrastructure

Nairaland has been here a long time
Stagnant and focused on projecting hatred
The numbers are there

What exactly d you mean by infrastructure?

Do you see any money going back into Nairaland as reinvestment? Any vision?
Are the owners willing to dilute their ownership and employ quality people?

You don't have to start at the top but grow incrementally

Your position is so smart. I like the way your thoughts came out, especially when you hinted at owners not ready to dilute their ownership and employ quality people. I respect your position.
Nairaland has stayed long enough to garner world attention
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Kukutenla: 6:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

I asked a question .
That is how I learn not from fools who go about trolling spitefully.

grin grin
You sound pained
I'm sure in your area of expertise, Nigeria is losing behind yet you have not asked yourself that question you're asking of others
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Lastlook: 6:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
Your case is even simple. I suggest an idea, i created it and invited 2 of friends to manage it with me. It was sweet in the beginning.

The platform was promising and I can see ahead both of them what we will achieve later. Just one night both of them abandoned the platform. They didn't login for like 9 months plus ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น.

Funny enough, they leave because they are not seeing many user's around. What they didn't realize was, it's a targeted market which only accomodate specific users else I will even delete your account immediately.

My audiences were from Ukraine, USA, China, Japan, German, India, Russian, UK, Denmark, Nigeria etc.

A platform of 2 to 3 month old with 1,000 registered users and a concurrent of 15 to 30 live users, anytime of the day and daily 250+ active users.

Most of this users are big company works which need my platform just like some of us can't do without WhatsApp.

I CALLED THAT A SUCCESSFUL START. I ignored them and continue but when the hosting problem start kicking in. It's goes offline and that is a very bad reputation.

I plan on going live again but this time, it will be only me. If I need more hands when it's grow.... I will rather employ people than inviting a friend or a family member.

elefind:

When you try to build anything in this part of the world, people will laugh at you instead of supporting or encouraging you. 5 years ago my co-founder and I built a social network more like Twitter and a forum function in one place, my fellow Nigerians mocked me even my friends never sign up or check out the functionality, afternoon many months of trying to scale and promote we just have to shutdown the project. 2 years investment lost but great lessons I will never forget. Nigerians are the true enemy of themselves.
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by finallybusy: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
No โ€œlike for Twitter, share for Threads?โ€ Iโ€™m disappointed.
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Godson213: 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
NairaLux:

We have bruh, I've been an ambassador for supfrica. It's African WhatsApp. You should try it out

What's the features like is it like Whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by BennyDGreat: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

Billions of dollars?

You spend too much time in beer parlours

From the context in which he spoke, he could be correct....he said 'data centers' not 'a data centre'
So when you combine FB, Google and many other...you have your billions
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Gajagojo: 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
BennyDGreat:

From the context in which he spoke, he could be correct....he said 'data centers' not 'a data centre'
So when you combine FB, Google and many other...you have your billions

None of those companies was started with $1 billion in the bank and so you are the one not getting the context.

A long time ago Nairaland had reached a point where it could have gone out to the market to get investor cash to take it to the next level

When it got to that junction it took the wrong turn

How come NOT ONE Nigerian celebrity associates publicly with Nairaland

Not one
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by BennyDGreat: 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

None of those companies was started with $1 billion in the bank and so you are the one not getting the context.

A long time ago Nairaland had reached a point where it could have gone out to the market to get investor cash to take it to the next level

Not one

The guy talked about the worth of data centres. That's my focus here. You can check his post.

On your statement about Nairaland, we all agree that's true
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Gajagojo: 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
BennyDGreat:

The guy talked about the worth of data centres. That's my focus here. You can check his post.

On your statement about Nairaland, we all agree that's true

Well you are a busybody because that is not what we were talking about

Unless you are him pretending to be someone else

You cannot stupidly come from nowhere telling me about you focus

What is my business with that?

Facebook did not start business with a billion dollar data centre

Our conversation was about African start-ups getting to that level

Facebook did not start business at the top.
They grew

So do not just enter a conversation in the middle to start talking rubbish

1 Like

Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by BennyDGreat: 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

Well you are a busybody because that is not what we were talking about

Unless you are him pretending to be someone else

You cannot stupidly come from nowhere telling me about you focus

What is my business with that?

Facebook did not start business with a billion dollar data centre

Our conversation was about African start-ups getting to that level

Facebook did not start business at the top.
They grew

So do not just enter a conversation in the middle to start talking rubbish

Lol
I am sure you will be fine. I am glad I educated you a bit. Regards
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by NairaLux(f): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
Godson213:

What's the features like is it like Whatsapp

Yeah it's even faster than WhatsApp. Search supfrica in Google Play
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by ArewaNorth: 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

Is it not in Nigeria that somebody created a social media platform but ethno-religious bigotry made some people blackmailed the app and got it delisted from Google store?
The same people always do this when they don't like a person, the hate is out of this planet!
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
He doesn't play with research and development.

That was why he was able strike with a high level of precision and accuracy.
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Bfly: 9:04pm On Jul 07, 2023
Thesame twitter users that are trooping to threads.

Elon musk should understand cheating is part of the game, only you don't just get caught.

Internet has not rules. It about destructive innovation.
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Unbiased1: 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
ArewaNorth:

Is it not in Nigeria that somebody created a social media platform but ethno-religious bigotry made some people blackmailed the app and got it delisted from Google store?
The same people always do this when they don't like a person, the hate is out of this planet!

That app you are talking about was created by a bigoted fool and he was served with his own medicine. At a time when the masses were complaining that the government has banned Twitter and accused the government of dictatorship, the fool came out to openly defend the government's actions and Nigerians said, if you support the banning of Twitter and dictatorship by the Buhari administration, we won't also use your app.
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by CartelKenneth: 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

because Africa is a shit hole continent that that was created by mistake
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by mariovito(m): 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
It's going to fizzle out after the initial hype and rush created by FOMO.

Also, the app does not have provision for trending subjects which is key reason Twitter beats other SM.

On the issue of censorship, we all know how Zuck products can be over censored, will he act differently with this new app? If no, which is the very likely option seeing that he is an establishment man,Twitter won't have anything to fear.

Musk just needs to reinvent Twitter a bit, relax some of his draconic policies.

Moreso, Twitter has never been a populist app, so those who have been using it before now will likely remain, most of those rushing into the new app are still those using Instagram which in time to come, they will revert to status quo antebellum.

SmartyPants:
The hype will eventually dissipate. Is a dry app
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by Neoteny7: 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

Well you've nairaland, which has refused to update itself and be more modern almost 2 decades after its debut.
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by cyrusmillz: 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gajagojo:

Not one

This is really true, only a few people on twitter publicly say they are on nairaland and with that , you still won't know their monicker ... I really don't know what Seun's vision for NL is but , this platform should have been the biggest thing on the African continent .
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by cyrusmillz: 11:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
Unbiased1:

That app you are talking about was created by a bigoted fool and he was served with his own medicine. At a time when the masses were complaining that the government has banned Twitter and accused the government of dictatorship, the fool came out to openly defend the government's actions and Nigerians said, if you support the banning of Twitter and dictatorship by the Buhari administration, we won't also use your app.

Are you talking about Adamu's crowwe app ? : grin
Re: Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul by edgecution(m): 6:06am On Jul 08, 2023
ecolime:

Africans especially Nigerians do not support our own. Just look at Innoson, Proforce, etc..

The only exception at the moment is our music stars. We support them well but we need to move beyond music to start supporting locally made goods, APPS, business websites, etc.

Be honest. How many members of your family and friends have bought Innoson and how many have bought Tokunbo in the last 5 years?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OPPO Launches The A93 In Nigeria (Specifications, Price, Pictures) / Pls Help Me Ooo I Bought And Iphone5 And I Cant Open It / New Mtn Cheat: 20gb On Mtn Mymtn Official App (discovered This Evening)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.