Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me (22097 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Senate Minority Leader PDP's Mwadkwon, orders fresh election / Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon / Meet The Man That Stood Up For Nigerians In China and his state of origin(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by Flathead8: 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
The new Senate Minority Leader, Simon Davou Mwadkwon, has said he wished the immediate past Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal emerged as the minority leader instead of him.

Mwadkwon stated this during a chat with ARISE TV on Thursday on issues regarding his emergence, adding that he respected the former House of Representatives Speaker.

He said he regarded Tambuwal as his political godfather, noting that he emerged as the minority leader mainly because he is from the North Central.

He said, “Mr Tambuwal is my political godfather. We’ve related very well. He was my speaker in the 7th Assembly and we speak very often. It would interest you to know that I have a soft spot for Tambuwal that I wish he became the minority leader.

“But I’m from the North Central. And when we saw the arrangements and the political office sharing in the whole country, the North Central was completely exempted.

“So the North Central people met and took a decision and said no, we must also vie for a position in the Senate. We’ve been shortchanged in the House of Representatives.

“And when it was time for the Senate, we found out that no position had been given to the North Central, and we decided that we must try our best. So, the North Central took a decision. It would interest you to know that all members of the minority parties in the North Central nominated me and decided that I should go and run for this position. And therefore, I accepted the challenge. Therefore I’ve nothing personal against Tambuwal.

“I think Tambuwal did the magic even on the floor of the Senate that day, because there were a few persons who were not satisfied with my choice and they approached the Senate President saying that we have to go to the executive session. And the president explained to them and they understood the whole thing. And Tambuwal was the one that stood up and said if Senator Simon has this number of signatures, he wishes to state categorically clear that I should be allowed to hold this position.

https://dailytrust.com/i-wish-tambuwal-took-my-posiition-new-minority-leader/

6 Likes

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by AfonjaEkiti: 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
Politics of chop I chop.

Padi padi

While helinues and yarimo are hungry, dirty on nairaland shouting ronu till night

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by Flathead8: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
While erosion is ravaging your family compound in Upper Iweka, better concentrate there before you wake up homeless
AfonjaEkiti:
Politics of chop I chop.

Padi padi

While helinues and yarimo are hungry, dirty on nairaland shouting ronu till night

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by AfonjaEkiti: 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
Flathead8:
While erosion is ravaging your family compound in Upper Iweka, better concentrate there before you wake up homeless

Your pain and wailing have to get to Ado first before it enters Bike to Ekiti

Therefore making you a proud Ado-Ekiti wailer

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by Dreal1247: 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2023
Let the Government be for the betterment of the common man. The region may not just be the issue, but the ability to defend the interest of the common man in Nigeria wherever they may be.

1 Like

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by Jostoman: 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2023
Tambuwa is a very good man and i respect him a lot.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by Opanka44(m): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
Every step taken by any Nigerian politician is for selfish purpose and not collective interest. The hardship is too much to listen to these thieves at this time. Nigeria needs Redemption

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by abobote: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
I don't what all these noise is all about. Tambawal must not be the minority leader, winning a seat in the Senate after completing 8yrs as governor should be enough for him.

Though Tambawal as a minority leader would have made the opposition more stronger at the national assembly

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by jargonzboi(m): 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hmmm.
He should just play his role well and forget that notion about his political godfather.
Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by StarGraphicX: 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
Okay
Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by kingamaa(m): 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
Politrickians

Is not too late, you can transfer the position to him.

A leopard cannot change it's spots

3 Likes

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by MykellOni(m): 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
T
Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by makeaway788: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
It's probably a good thing that he didn't
Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by SoftP(m): 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ozuor

3 Likes

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by ecolime(m): 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Jostoman:
Tambuwa is a very good man and i respect him a lot.
What is good about the betrayer? 🤔

11 Likes

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by crossfm: 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hehehe .

If wishes were horses... angry
Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by tunjijones(m): 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
Traitor tambuwa....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by mrvitalis(m): 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
Thought they told us wike men won?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by Chibuzoripob: 2:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by leroi01(m): 2:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
Another political idiot with nothing to offer , who knows no better than to kissass, and thinks leadership should go to someone because , said person is his godfather.

When will Nigerians ever get the concept and the true meaning of Leadership & service right?

So this clown is scared or not prepared to lead? What a travesty!

7 Likes

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by meum: 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
Noted
Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by Angelfrost(m): 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
Meaningless news report...! Mtcheeeeew!
Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by FangVin: 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
No enemies in politics.. Just personal interest
Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by smokinloud(m): 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
Wether minority or senate president
God bless Tinubu!.
God bless Nigeria!!.
May Nigeria prosper!!!.

1 Like

Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by Ola9ja23: 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ok
Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by Snowx: 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
Rubber stamp zombies!!
Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by bennybuhari: 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
Lamba
Re: Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2023
Dash am, ur wish is our COMMAND na.

Which one is wish, when U fit STEP DOWN undecided

bennybuhari:
Lamba

I dey mind am? Who no know say, money go remain WAZO , when the gurls turn up in PALAZZO grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘i’ll Continue Making You Restless’, Fubara Fires Fresh Shot At Wike’s Camp / Photos: Nigerians Protest Over ‘crazy’ PHCN Bills In Abuja / President Buhari Mourns Ocholi's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.