Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon (43187 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Senate Minority Leader PDP's Mwadkwon, orders fresh election / Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me / Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by Nemere2020: 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
Another drama unfolded at the Senate during the ongoing ministerial screening on Tuesday, August 2, 2023, after Dele Alake was asked to recite the national anthem.

Having presented his resume to the lawmakers, the Senate minority leader, Senator Simon Mwadkwon asked Alake to recite the second stanza of the national anthem.

The request caused an uproar in the hallowed chamber as some of them rejected the question directed at Alake.

The Senate majority leader, Opeyemi Bamidele was among the lawmakers who vehemently shut down the request by Mwadkwon.

While lawmakers bickered over the question, Bamidele raised a point of order that the nominee should not respond to the question.

Quoting order 52 sub-section 4, Bamidele said, “A senator must confine his observation to the subject under discussion and may not introduce irrelevant matter.”

He argued that the minority brought politics into the screening exercise "by asking Alake to recite any of the stanzas of the national anthem."

He, therefore, urged the Senate to reject Mwadkwon’s question, saying it is irrelevant to the provision of order 52 sub-section 4.

In support of Bamidele’s submission, the Senate President, Godswill Akapbio also considered Mwakwon’s question to be out of line, saying every adult Nigerian is expected to know the national anthem.

Mwadkwon had earlier asked Alake a question relating to his role during the build-up to the 2023 presidential election.

Alake was Director of Strategic Communication in the All Progressives Congress presidential campaign council.

While asking the question, some of his colleagues shouted him down saying the question was partisan.
https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/senator-asks-dele-alake-to-recite-national-anthem-ministerial-screening/wk22dzh?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pulsenigeria247-profile

On social media regulation:

Dele Alake: "The first thing I'll do about social media is strengthen the laws and application of those regulations, and I'll support anything that comes from the Senate to promote that course of action."
https://twitter.com/PulseNigeria247/status/1686737093513338880?t=xe_45CaMKvh1CNhs_ifVzA&s=19

Ministerial Screening: Senator Reminds Dele Alake He Called Some Nigerians ‘Wild Dogs’

The Minority leader also asked Alake why he made the following statements in April this year:

"Anyone who has dared express any view critical of or opposed to that of Mr. Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 elections, is immediately set upon by the unwieldy column of wild dogs who have labelled themselves ’Obidients’ and constitute a lawless mob baying for blood on social media!"

However, it was cut short by the Senate President:

"Politics is over, we are here for serious business."
https://thewhistler.ng/ministerial-screening-senator-reminds-dele-alake-he-called-some-nigerians-wild-dogs/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by Acekidc4(m): 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2023
E be like say this Ministerial Screening don turn Comedy Show to this Boring Set of Senators abi which kind of irrelevant question be this🤨🤨 Ask questions that test the thinking faculty of the Patient sorry Person that you are interviewing.

143 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by 001Lagos: 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2023
😂😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by Exmilitant(m): 3:01pm On Aug 02, 2023
Senator Bamidele just rescued Dele from public shame. Dele no go ever forgive that senator wey ask am that question. grin grin grin

162 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by PROPHETmichael: 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
If the senators were patriotic, before each sitting, the national anthem should be played before they take their seats.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by Isokotolopia: 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2023
This Sen Bamidele is enemy number 1 of Nigerians

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by seunmsg(m): 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
In support of Bamidele’s submission, the Senate President, Godswill Akapbio also considered Mwakwon’s question to be out of line, saying every adult Nigerian is expected to know the national anthem.

Good one from Akpabio and Opeyemi Bamidele for shutting down the idiotic and irrelevant question asked by the PDP Senator.

Nigerians want them to ask the nominees critical questions bothering on their capacity to serve and the ideas they are bringing to the Federal executive council and not to be singing an anthem that will be played publicly anytime there is a need for it.

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by JaneYave(f): 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2023
Everything is turned to play where we ignore intellectual competence.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by marlow1962(m): 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by southsouthking(m): 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
What's the big deal there?
Is he too old to recite the national anthem of a country he's vying to be a minister?

I bet you, half of those pot bellies Senator can't recite the second stanza of the national anthem
Bunch of ineffective buff-oons.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by NaijaCover(m): 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
No Be Small Thing ooooo

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by greatiyk4u(m): 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Abbado drama

Just imagine

3 Likes

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by gaby(m): 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Hopeless Senate.

The current senate will make the rubber-stamp Lawal-led senate seem like the US senate, just as the BAT-led FG makes Buhari's administration seem like Obama's.

What a bunch of useless humans.

Shame on Akpabio and the his colleague Legislooters.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by Aboguede(m): 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Oshomole was NLC comrade and now he is a petron and Oshomole is part of this government bit Nigerians think that Oshomole boys will destabilise their own government grin

In the voice of asari d idiot, una be foto
U a mumu never do shocked

3 Likes

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by lincsnuel: 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
This looks like a conglomerate of clowns to me. Instead of asking important questions, they are looking for who can recite national anthem. Rubbish. Absolute rubbish

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by TheNiceGuy(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
Minority leader is still pained they lost to PBAT

They all will be alright grin

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by Okortor: 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
Please help, my side chic is insisting I send my wife and kids abroad so she can move in. What do u do please?

The pressure is beyond me at this point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by KingLennon(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
Dele Alake ass has been saved. I can bet a million naira that he can't recite something as simple as the national anthem sad....

Nothing good comes out from a BAThing, am not surprise...

5 Likes

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by abobote: 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
What is the essence of the screening, when the nominees are not allowed to answer any question by the rubber stamped Senate president

7 Likes

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by slivertongue: 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
He doesn't know it

4 Likes

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by SouthSouth1914: 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
Nigeria is being put on trial with these set of bogus chronic kleptomaniacs turned politicians.

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by domopps(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
God move by Bamidele

We want critical questions to benefits Nigerians and not this joke

Many of them can’t even recite it as well

Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by Thomasankara(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by DirtyGold: 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
Okortor:
Please help, my side chic is insisting I send my wife and kids abroad so she can move in. What do u do please?

The pressure is beyond me at this point.
Go abroad and then tell your side chick to move in with your wife. grin grin
Whatever you come back and meet at home, you shall continue your life with cool

To the thread, NO COMMENT!

What's tha business?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by GiftofGod1000(f): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by Zionmdde: 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
seunmsg:

Good one from Akpabio and Opeyemi Bamidele for shutting down the idiotic and irrelevant question asked by the PDP Senator.

Nigerians want them to ask the nominees critical questions bothering on their capacity to serve and the ideas they are bringing to the Federal executive council and not to be singing an anthem that will be played publicly anytime there is a need for it.
Still waiting to see any apc supporter who is not foolish.

So a person seeking to serve the country doesn't know the anthem. They think the anthem is just a song. Because they are too stupid to realize that an anthem represents the core beliefs of a country

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by Sonnobax15(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
grin
Make I no lie.....Even me myself,I don forget am......

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by ecolime(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
Even me sef go fail am cheesy

Ask relevant questions and not jokes like this.

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by Sammy5413(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
Sip my coffee, sit back and watch him disgrace himself

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
National anthem upon all the relevant questions to ask to determine whether the man is capable or not

3 Likes

Re: Dele Alake Asked To Recite The National Anthem By Senator Simon Mwadkwon by Chucks13: 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
So its national anthem that matters now, Mr Senate?

Ask him question to test capability and intelligent not reciting National anthem.

Ok I put it to the person that asked the question to recite the nation anthem and pledge as well?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Immigration Officers Slap Shuaib Yusuf Oladayo (LG Chairman) In Ibadan / Abia State Government House Completed By Ikpeazu (Photos) / Buhari’s Aides Worry About His Health - Saharareporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.