Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur (28561 Views)

Kevin Chukwumobi @ 50: Meet Nigerian Man Who Turned Billionaire Carrying Corpses / Tony Elumelu And His Twin Boys, Tony And Toby Pictured Together / Tony Elumelu Was In Vegas To Watch Mayweather Vs Mcgregor Fight (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by tasalanoni(m): 12:53pm On Jul 08, 2023
CSTRR:
The guy that will impregnate that his first daughter has struck generational wealth.

You mean generational imprisonment?
Dey play.
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by mblarry1(m): 12:57pm On Jul 08, 2023
The RETIRED GENERALS THE LIKE OF IBB, OBJ MADE ALL THIS MEN.. MEK UNA FORGET

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by hayoholla(m): 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lol, copier salesman grin. Same America's format of the salesman story, of how they hit goldmine by starting out as a mere salesman.
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by blowjohn(m): 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2023
See bobo.
See scam.

See if u don't have capital ur wasting ur time. Time has changed.

Yesterday's price is not today's price.

So na photocopier work make am billionaire?
Dey play.

If u no get capital or connections ur wasting ur time.
U go remain thousanaire and it will take u along time to become a billionaire.

My opinion tho.

There is always gonna be that humble beginning. But there is also that point they nver tell u where the person strikes gold, weda illegal or legal. Thats the point where things blow up.

3 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by 4gunners(m): 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2023
superjaks:
Can someone recreate this feat in this present dispensation?

Food for thought
GB of Flutterwave is on thesame trajectory.
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by mosaicafrique: 1:46pm On Jul 08, 2023
He didn't tell us how many Business men and politicians hid their funds with him just to avoid investigation

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Allisgud: 1:50pm On Jul 08, 2023
The day he will venture into politics with strong opposition we will hear another story how he made it
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by stanbright(m): 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2023
OboOlora:
Mschewww nor be Igbo man again?
There’s an untold story of white powder or advance fee fraud somewhere or money laundering for some gay partners in politics.
Show me an Igbo man with clean money and I will show you a pregnant ant in labour!
show me your tribe billionaire with clean money?Tinibu?

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Nononsense247: 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
Newnas:
You won't see anyone wailing on this thread and calling the man names or accusing him of all sorts of unfounded lies.

That's simply because all tribes have no problem with celebrating anyone irrespective of his tribe.

But let it be someone from another tribe. You'll see people from that erosion side saying all sorts of nonsense about him.

Why is it so hard for them to celebrate another tribe's success? Those people have generational problem. No cap!
You no lie ..
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by millionboi2: 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2023
DesChyko:
Grind like Elumelu. Some will become as rich as he is. Some more than him, some less than him. Some will be nowhere near rich and some will be stark poor. Everyone will belong somewhere eventually; here or there.

Personally, I don't think I want 'that' much money. I just want to be comfortable making a living and paying my bills and getting my hands greasy until I can't move my limbs no more. Retirement looks quite boring from this distance.
Abi, just to be comfortable shikena...I just won chop remain for my children

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Handsum64: 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
The truth will be out one day
There is a missing link
He is not saying it all, trust me
His story is not àdding up
No be Naija again?

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by sharone21(f): 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
Alexiiydon:
he made it when he left that red soil region they all know they can’t make it in that region

Which red soil region ANIOMA man leave? I know u and the others calling him Igbo man no go pass to come from one region wen no dey intelligent and not ready to learn.... Just bookuru trying to appear knowledgeable by going to school ONLY.
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by gudugudumeje: 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2023
Wetin be the secret behind buying Crystal bank? And the mergers.... Look far and not too closely, pls.
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by DonroxyII: 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
atheistandproud:
Na wa for wire road in Benin city

Hope this is not some whitewashing campaign. Nobody becomes a billionaire without engaging in some sharp practices.
That Doesn't Matter Bro ... The Universe itself ain't Perfect So ...

It is What it is .... You Can't Achieve Greatness without Deals(White or Black) .... It is What it is!

He sha Grew from Copier to Banker & Billionaire....

We all Know his Professions Not as If He is a High way Robber nor Terrorist That we Know .... He has Contributed Positively to the Growth of Our Country albeit the Worlds of Humanities.....

Leave the rest of the stories for the God to Judge kiss
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Alexiiydon: 6:57pm On Jul 08, 2023
sharone21:

Which red soil region ANIOMA man leave? I know u and the others calling him Igbo man no go pass to come from one region wen no dey intelligent and not ready to learn.... Just bookuru trying to appear knowledgeable by going to school ONLY.
youre dense like obi like followers so why una people Dey claim the man when he’s not from your region and if we would talk about tribe whey no Dey intelligent na the red soil region
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by astonished: 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2023
Obasanjo make him
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by DonroxyII: 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2023
MS247:
cool

Real life Tony Stark

Tinubu ---- Rich Mother
Tony Elumelu---- Rich Mother
Dangote---- very rich Father and Mother
Orji Uzor Kalu--- rich Mother
Otedola---- Rich Father
Peter Obi---- Son of Rich retailer, with family holdings in banks

You can Begin Riches in Your Lineages ! ... Wealth Doesn't have to be Inherited ... Just Start & Let your Children Genetically Inherit it from You !
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Hassanmaye(m): 9:33pm On Jul 08, 2023
TBforgive:
Still I surmise there's a pretty large skeleton in his closet... And this can only be made know when's opposing any government of the day. Big man is wise. So are the rest of billionaires that has Nigerian decent and made it here in Nigeria...

Before you start firing from all cylinders I want you to know what a billion dollars is.

Even if you spend 2million naira for 200, hundred years you'd never exhaust it.
Blood of Zachariah!!!
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Hassanmaye(m): 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2023
OboOlora:
There’s an untold story of white powder or advance fee fraud somewhere or money laundering for some gay partners in politics.
Show me an Igbo man with clean money and I will show you a pregnant ant in labour!
100%
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Hassanmaye(m): 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2023
Believeintruth:

Mention Yoruba billionaires with clean money. Coscharis is with clean money, Tonimas, Innoson, and there are so many. Oga stoo being envious and also work hard to become rich.
Don't bring Yoruba here at least we know Igbos
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by avidleo: 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2023
You are very wrong on Tony's mom

MS247:
cool

Real life Tony Stark

Tinubu ---- Rich Mother
Tony Elumelu---- Rich Mother
Dangote---- very rich Father and Mother
Orji Uzor Kalu--- rich Mother
Otedola---- Rich Father
Peter Obi---- Son of Rich retailer, with family holdings in banks

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by sharone21(f): 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2023
Alexiiydon:
youre dense like obi like followers so why una people Dey claim the man when he’s not from your region and if we would talk about tribe whey no Dey intelligent na the red soil region

How ANIOMA lady that is apolitical dey claim him when he is my brother?

U see that u still validated the 'not intelligent' tribe that u are.....

Please, go beyond book reading, sometimes travelling alone and widening your scope may just be all the education and enlightenment you may ever need in life.
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Believeintruth: 4:47am On Jul 09, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Don't bring Yoruba here at least we know Igbos

I will bring Yoruba since you have mentioned igbos. It takes two to Tango.
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Hassanmaye(m): 6:04am On Jul 09, 2023
Believeintruth:

I will bring Yoruba since you have mentioned igbos. It takes two to Tango.
shocked shocked undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Alexiiydon: 9:19am On Jul 09, 2023
sharone21:

How ANIOMA lady that is apolitical dey claim him when he is my brother?

U see that u still validated the 'not intelligent' tribe that u are.....

Please, go beyond book reading, sometimes travelling alone and widening your scope may just be all the education and enlightenment you may ever need in life.
people from your red soil tribe are not intelligent why travel when I can see what I want on the internet you can see how dumb you are now
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by sharone21(f): 9:22am On Jul 09, 2023
Alexiiydon:
people from your red soil tribe are not intelligent why travel when I can see what I want on the internet you can see how dumb you are now

Okay, at least I see red soil too in the West which I grew up in so oga, no stress yourself too much.
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Alexiiydon: 9:26am On Jul 09, 2023
sharone21:

Okay, at least I see red soil too in the West which I grew up in so oga, no stress yourself too much.
everywhere for your region na red soil
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by sharone21(f): 9:36am On Jul 09, 2023
Alexiiydon:
everywhere for your region[quote author=Alexiiydon post=124308272]everywhere for your region na red soil

Yeah, in West where I grew up including Lagos.... Ekiti( saw a lot of houses being built with red mud), Ogun State not left out..... Up to Cameroon.

Instead of being myopic, u can at least start by helping your region fight against erosion and environmental hazards....

Some of u are just thoughtless regionalists
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Alexiiydon: 10:00am On Jul 09, 2023
[quote author=sharone21 post=124308436][/quote]but from your red soil tribe na bamboo and palm tree una Dey use that region backward in everything
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Alexiiydon: 10:01am On Jul 09, 2023
[quote author=sharone21 post=124308436][/quote]for your red soil region na bamboo and palm tree una Dey use that tribe backward in everything
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Konquest: 4:16pm On Mar 13
StagethemTVee:
Here is a feature on how Tony Elumelu moved from being a copier salesman to becoming the youngest bank manager of All States Trust bank , bought an ailing Crystal bank and led one of the most successful bank mergers to become a billionaire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPJWglXUHGc
Tony is originally from Onicha Uku in Aniocha North LGA of Delta State. His mother is from Onicha Ugbo and his wife (Awele) is from Onicha Olona.

A nice tri-origin Onicha combo.
Re: Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur by Konquest: 4:34pm On Mar 13
OboOlora:
Bump.

@OboOlora,

Just so you know, the history of that area where Tony Elumelu comes from is radically different from the history of the Ibo area East of the River Niger. I've had friends over the years from the Delta North region (Anioma) of Delta State, and I've been reading extensively about the Anioma folks (with 6 LGAs) fascinating history since the late 1980s.

Tony Elumelu is originally from Onicha Uku in Aniocha North LGA of Delta State. Aniocha North LGA shares boundaries with Esanland in Edo State and consists of many towns that were founded centuries back by immigrants from Benin-Edo (Agbor and other parts of Ikaland), Esan-Edo (Idumuje Unor, Idumuje Ugboko, etc), Yoruba (The Olukumis of Ugbodu, Eko Efun aka Ukwu Nzu, Ugboba, etc, all in Aniocha North LGA), Igala (Ebu is where Agatha Amata hails from), Asaba, etc. Acculturation is responsible for the folks there who bear Iboid names or speak dialects with Iboid linguistic infusions as a result of trade interactions and more. This is why many folks in that area will tell you they are NOT Ibos, but a few whose ancestors migrated from across the River Niger to settle or to establish settlements in Oshimili and Aniocha areas will identify as Ibo depending on the town.

So, folks from each town, clan, or quarters know their ancestral ethnic origins and Aniocha North LGA (which is a part of the larger Anioma) consists of folks who are descendants of people (from multiple ethnicities as I earlier stated above) who migrated there within the last 800 years as traders with large trading communities, as warriors from the Bini army or while running away from the political upheavals in Benin or the larger Benin Empire.

Anioma is an acronym that was coined from Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika, Oshimili.

Hope that helps.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Horrible State Of Ahia Ohuru Market In Aba, Abia State (Photos) / Lagos Not For Me: Osun Man Laments As He Pays 600 For Printing A 3-Page Document / 5 Hilarious Things Nigerians Who Loan Friends Money Can Relate With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.