Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? (1744 Views)

Why The Church Of Satan Would Rather Pose As Atheists Than Satanists / ‘I Prefer Non-religious’: Why So Few US Politicians Come Out As Atheists / Why Do People Brand All Non-religious Fellows Here As Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by kkins25(m): 11:02am On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:
I don't think it's right for you to say there's no God if there is no evidence for or against it. It makes sense to just say "I don't know" if we should consider every concept of God.

you should also not force children to believe there's no God until we have evidence.

The lack of evidence, in this case, is the evidence of absence. Unless you can prove otherwise. Moreso, I expect that you wouldn't be partial in your judgment and make the ridiculous claim that God exists but he is as described in the bible only.

Again, if 5 people in a room do not see any cup on a table, then I don't have to make the children believe that there is no cup on the table. The cup simply isn't there!
If 5 other people claim that there is a cup on the table but cannot show the cup, then something is wrong with them upstairs. That's why they need to brainwash you to believe that there is a cup, and if you choose not to believe then you're going to hell. Kobo will say "second death," but a threat is a threat. If that isn't brainwashing, I don't know what is.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by kkins25(m): 11:06am On Jul 08, 2023
LordReed:

I think it is OK to expose them to religious text but before you do teach them, how to think and evaluate things. This will help in life in general and help them sort out bullshìt claims from the truth.
he doesn't need to expose them. They will be forced to attend fellowship in school. grin grin grin

If he says they are atheist, he'd be asked to find another school for his children. The children will be approached by JW, pastors, teachers, and friends about religion. He doesn't need to do one bit.. It's going to come. hahah.. Let's just hope the kids are inquisitive and maybe have the propensity to not succumb to pressure from society. otherwise, they'd be giving testimony that the devil wanted to use their daddy. grin grin grin
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Workch: 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2023
kkins25:

The lack of evidence, in this case, is the evidence of absence. Unless you can prove otherwise. Moreso, I expect that you wouldn't be partial in your judgment and make the ridiculous claim that God exists but he is as described in the bible only.

Again, if 5 people in a room do not see any cup on a table, then I don't have to make the children believe that there is no cup on the table. The cup simply isn't there!
If 5 other people claim that there is a cup on the table but cannot show the cup, then something is wrong with them upstairs. That's why they need to brainwash you to believe that there is a cup, and if you choose not to believe then you're going to hell. Kobo will say "second death," but a threat is a threat. If that isn't brainwashing, I don't know what is.

lack of evidence is not absence of evidence.
Your logic cannot apply to Aliens and before atom was discovered
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by kkins25(m): 1:41pm On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:
lack of evidence is not absence of evidence.
Your logic cannot apply to Aliens and before atom was discovered
Aliens aren't omnipresence, are they? grin grin
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Workch: 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2023
kkins25:

Aliens aren't omnipresence, are they? grin grin
The subject matter is there any evidence for aliens?
It doesn't mean that aliens don't exist

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by LordReed(m): 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2023
kkins25:
he doesn't need to expose them. They will be forced to attend fellowship in school. grin grin grin

If he says they are atheist, he'd be asked to find another school for his children. The children will be approached by JW, pastors, teachers, and friends about religion. He doesn't need to do one bit.. It's going to come. hahah.. Let's just hope the kids are inquisitive and maybe have the propensity to not succumb to pressure from society. otherwise, they'd be giving testimony that the devil wanted to use their daddy. grin grin grin

That is why he needs to teach them how to reason. It's inevitablethat they will come upon religious text, the real test is whether they will fall for the bunkum or not.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynmann: 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:
Aliens means Slaves.
And the concept of “alien” might be an occultic conspiracy.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_alien

Thats Why it’s important to properly define words one use to better understand if it’s something that can exist or not.

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by FRANCISTOWN: 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2023
excanny:
A little about my background. I was raised as a religious Christian and made to read the Bible from start to end continuously on a yearly basis. This deep studying exposed me to seeing the many inconsistencies in the Bible and question my beliefs.

I also spent some time studying some other religious texts from Islam(English versions of Quran and haddiths), Buddhism and some Hinduism, before accepting Atheism as what works for me.

My utmost desire is to raise my children as straight up Atheists, no need wasting thing on fake concepts like religions, but at same time with good morals(logical, truthful, kind, trustworthy, and a couple of good societal values).

But I've been wondering whether it's ideal to expose them to religious texts, so they can easily see the fallacies of religions or to completely ignore religious texts and focus on scientific reasoning and logic?

Anyone in same boat?
I'm an atheist. And I'll raise my kids to be atheists.

1. Did you know why many people find it hard to drop this God BS? It's because they've been indoctrinated into it right from small.
It already became a part of them.
That fear of hell fire is still in them.
The fear of Satan, demons and ghosts is still in them, so, though religion not working for them which they know. They are scared of dropping this God bullshit because they think either the devil comes after them or they rot in hell.
All because of childhood upbringing and indoctrinations.

2. Do you know why some atheists relapse into thesism? Still because of childhood indoctrinations. Let's say an African (Nigeria especially now) falls into a huge life challenge. If he had tried all his best and it seems like there is no scape, deep down in his heart, due to childhood indoctrinations. His mind might started playing tricks on him. It starts with a whisper "I think the Devil is at work". Then if he's not well grounded in atheism, he might give that thought some chance, and if not killed early enough. In no time, he'll run back to theism.
But let's say someone like Elon Musk runs into a huge challenge. Do you think he'll run to a church or mosque or anywhere? Never! Do you know why? He never believed in it in the first place, since childhood.

As a child he never prayed, he didn't even pray when he almost died of malaria. He still didn't pray when his companies were bleeding money like crazy. Let's say Elon was a Nigerian, don't you think he would have had a relapse?.

3. Do you know why many people are poor in Africa, I mean abject and abrasive poverty? It's simple, still religious indoctrinations. Let's take Nigeria for instance.
A young unemployed graduate is wasting away his life praying and fasting on some mountain praying for employment when he is supposed to be on the street from one firm to the other, wake in the middle of the night to apply online, talk to people, join online groups and still seek, offer himself for internship. Learn some vocations or take free courses online.

A dunce is expecting miracle money and miracle employment instead of advancing in skills.
I remember a year like that. I decided to add me some skills. In 3 days I got 6 job offers.

A business man is supposed to take a decision based on facts and figures, but he prefers to hear from an imaginary spirit that'll never talk.

When he is close to the deadline and this imaginary spirit still hasn't talked, he ends up with a rash decision which is laible to fail.

That's even better if he didn't run to some random clergy who probably hasn't traded 2 sachets of water in his entire life to seek business guidance. Ha! Isn't that madness?

4. Do you know why many people die early? Still religious indoctrinations. A sick person is supposed to visit a health centre but they'd rather exercise that stupid thing called faith and they get themselves killed. Most especially, JW.

5. Why do we have so much dishonesty in the world? Still religious indoctrinations.
People believe it's okay to keep doing bad things and once they ask their imaginary sky daddy for forgiveness, they'll still end up in Heaven..lol bunch of jokers.

I could go on and on.

Teach your children the law of Karma instead and the law of natural order,law of consequences and law of unintended consequences. Let them know they will be responsible for their actions.

Though they'll realise the law of Karma is almost untrue, but they'd already be good by then.

You don't need to teach them about God at all, teach them about taking responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by kkins25(m): 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2023
Workch:

Aliens are plausible because they would be made up of substances that I, as another creature can interact with. An "Alien" could be a tiny microbe from another planet. They could be creatures lesser than us in intelligence or higher or the same. What's important here is they may exist on a planet, in our galaxy or another galaxy..

You see. If I leave the earth, can I find God? What must I to find God?

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by orisa37: 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2023
NO WAY.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by A001: 4:41am On Jul 09, 2023
The first step would be choosing a partner wisely.

Then, it's more reasonable to raise your kids as thinkers rather than as atheists. Teach them the art of thinking critically, questioning everything, and most importantly, teach them the history of religion.

Then, allow them to choose their path. Don't indoctrinate, force, or coerce innocent kids into becoming an atheist. That's wrong. The same way it's wrong that most parents indoctrinate, force, and coerce their children into becoming religionists.

Teach them how to think, the history of religion, and allow them to choose their path.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by A001: 4:53am On Jul 09, 2023
I would rather seek the best ways to raise my kids as thinkers. To have intelligent kids, choose an intelligent partner, and avoid the religious zealots. Religious zealots operate on the lowest levels of thinking frequency in the human world.

Don't box your kids' thinking into constructs such as atheism, agnosticism, etc from an early age.

But teach them about religions, about how humans control, enslave, and exploit their fellow humans by designing religions.

They need to know all this to learn how to protect themselves from religions and their evil gods, especially Allah and Yahweh.

You don't need to raise your kids as atheists. Teach them how to think clearly instead. Some of the ways to do this is to expose them to philosophy, programming, mathematics, and science from a tender age.

All these will open up their brain from a tender age and help them become a genius.

Your task will be much easier if you marry a highly intelligent partner. If your partner isn't the smart type, it'll affect the kids a lot.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by KnownUnknown: 5:31am On Jul 09, 2023
kkins25:

The cup simply isn’t there. The lifetime of brainwashing is why I think atheists, agnostics, and whatever else are just incapable of stating the obvious. It’s not I have belief that the cup is there or I don’t have belief that the cup is there. The cup simply isn’t there.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by KnownUnknown: 5:37am On Jul 09, 2023
A001:
I would rather seek the best ways to raise my kids as thinkers. To have intelligent kids, choose an intelligent partner, and avoid the religious zealots. Religious zealots operate on the lowest levels of thinking frequency in the human world.

Don't box your kids' thinking into constructs such as atheism, agnosticism, etc from an early age.

But teach them about religions, about how humans control, enslave, and exploit their fellow humans by designing religions.

They need to know all this to learn how to protect themselves from religions and their evil gods, especially Allah and Yahweh.

You don't need to raise your kids as atheists. Teach them how to think clearly instead. Some of the ways to do this is to expose them to philosophy, programming, mathematics, and science from a tender age.

All these will open up their brain from a tender age and help them become a genius.

Your task will be much easier if you marry a highly intelligent partner. If your partner isn't the smart type, it'll affect the kids a lot.

To add to this, you have to turn into Socrates and question them about ideas and their opinions regardless if it’s about god or dog. If you teach them to think and reason properly, they might come to the correct conclusions.
Also, make sure they read and curate the books to include history, mythology, fiction, sciences, and mathematics.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by KnownUnknown: 5:52am On Jul 09, 2023
kkins25:

KnownUnknown:
The OP doesn’t know magic from miracle. Here’s the correct recipe

That being said.
1. Get a lion. A male or female lion of your choice.

2. Get a bundle of reed that can be worn by anybody, preferably a top like they used to wear in ancient times and prehistory)

3. Fold the reed top in a round manner like you want to make a head gear, having semblance with the way snakes fold themselves.

4. Place the folded reed on the rear of the lion, and in 2mins the lion will sleep off. If you didn't remove the reed in 20 mins, the lion will die.

Now if anyone says a lion is too expensive or hard to find.
Then try this.

Get a neighborhood cat, a dog(preferably a wild one but a domestic will suffice), or a house rat as some people may call it. Ekuté In Yorùbá Language

1. Make sure it's recently killed. Less than 30mins is most effective.

2. Set up a smoking point where you can burn off the fur or is it hair they call it now?

3. Get plenty of ashes and sprinkle it round the smoking pot in large quantities.

4. Set the house rat, cat, or dog on fire around the sprinkled ashes. In less than 47 seconds, you'll see the pawprint of the critter walking out of the smoking pot

5. Get some cam wood, white chalk, and blue ink.

6. Strip naked and rub the cam wood all over your body, draw a white line from the top of your head to the tip of your privates. Color your hair with the blue ink and proceed to dance like David danced. You do this every new moon, waxing crescent, full moon, and waning crescent and you will find Dog……….sorry……you will find God!!!!!!
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:16am On Jul 09, 2023
excanny:

Atheism as what works for me.

The last time i checked atheists don't allow any external force to influence them, they decide and figure out everything on their own.

So if ATHEISM truly WORKS for you there shouldn't be anything like seeking advice from others.

Only believers do reason together in their gathering to encourage one another on the path they chose which is Faith in God {Hebrews 10:24-25} as for unbelievers each has his or her own problem all to themselves as they don't want external forces to influence their thoughts! Luke 11:23
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:26am On Jul 09, 2023
excanny:
A little about my background. I was raised as a religious Christian and made to read the Bible from start to end continuously on a yearly basis. This deep studying exposed me to seeing the many inconsistencies in the Bible and question my beliefs.

I also spent some time studying some other religious texts from Islam(English versions of Quran and haddiths), Buddhism and some Hinduism, before accepting Atheism as what works for me.

My utmost desire is to raise my children as straight up Atheists, no need wasting thing on fake concepts like religions, but at same time with good morals(logical, truthful, kind, trustworthy, and a couple of good societal values).

But I've been wondering whether it's ideal to expose them to religious texts, so they can easily see the fallacies of religions or to completely ignore religious texts and focus on scientific reasoning and logic?

Anyone in same boat?
I think the reason you're concerned about raising your children with the background of atheism, is because despite rejecting your religious background, you know very well it helped your upbringing and played a significant role in shaping your mindset into what it currently is, where you care about your children having a similar orientation, so the best bet is to also utilize the same thing that worked for you even though you choose to depart from the beliefs but still hold on to the morals.

They may still end up like you but perhaps still with similar moral standards.

But seriously though, your concerns show you have issues with the choice you made. That should also be a sign to you.

God bless.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Workch: 7:36am On Jul 09, 2023
kkins25:

Aliens are plausible because they would be made up of substances that I, as another creature can interact with. An "Alien" could be a tiny microbe from another planet. They could be creatures lesser than us in intelligence or higher or the same. What's important here is they may exist on a planet, in our galaxy or another galaxy..

Then what started the big bang. What put the singularity there?
Do you know?
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynmann: 7:43am On Jul 09, 2023
Workch:
Then what started the big bang. What put the singularity there?
Do you know?
“The big bang” phrase was coined by a critic that was against it, the Catholic priest that created the concept said everything started from “primeval atom”.

All religions and myths also has this same exact concept, not to forget that lemaire also got the inspiration from reading Book of genesis.

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by excanny: 10:55am On Jul 09, 2023
I'm not sure any kid on their own will like religion. I see a lot of kids always forced to attend churches or mosques.

I remember a family I know. I really don't know how atheistic the parents are or if they were just agnostic, but generally I'm sure they don't attend any church but they did have a Catholic background kind of.

The two children they have are adults now like the son is 25 and his sister is 24 or something. I remember in conversations with them, they do always mock religion in general.

So humans are atheistic by default feom birth if no religion is forced on them.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by excanny: 11:04am On Jul 09, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
I think the reason you're concerned about raising your children with the background of atheism, is because despite rejecting your religious background, you know very well it helped your upbringing and played a significant role in shaping your mindset into what it currently is , where you care about your children having a similar orientation, so the best bet is to also utilize the same thing that worked for you even though you choose to depart from the beliefs but still hold on to the morals.

They may still end up like you but perhaps still with similar moral standards.

But seriously though, your concerns show you have issues with the choice you made. That should also be a sign to you.

God bless.

Well, maybe, but I still had a choice of being bad.

I think it's more of my sense of good and bad, and me weighing things and choosing to follow the a path that I believe is better in the long run.

What you refer as moral standards in the Bible were in existence before the Bible was ever written. There were moral concepts that societies have developed over times which were simply incorporated into the Bible.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by KnownUnknown: 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The last time i checked atheists don't allow any external force to influence them, they decide and figure out everything on their own.

So if ATHEISM truly WORKS for you there shouldn't be anything like seeking advice from others.

Only believers do reason together in their gathering to encourage one another on the path they chose which is Faith in God {Hebrews 10:24-25} as for unbelievers each has his or her own problem all to themselves as they don't want external forces to influence their thoughts! Luke 11:23

Man, shoo!! Go find a child to rape or something.
https://apnews.com/article/jehovahs-witness-child-sexual-abuse-investigation-pennsylvania-924fcfcc119eb41fad07d7a217373f2d

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by KnownUnknown: 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2023
excanny:

Well, maybe, but I still had a choice of being bad.

I think it's more of my sense of good and bad, and me weighing things and choosing to follow the a path that I believe is better in the long run.

What you refer as moral standards in the Bible were in existence before the Bible was ever written. There were moral concepts that societies have developed over times which were simply incorporated into the Bible.

The Bible is not the source of any moral standard. That’s just often repeated propaganda that’s never challenged because most don’t bother to read the collection of nonsense in it.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Man, shoo!! Go find a child to rape or something.
https://apnews.com/article/jehovahs-witness-child-sexual-abuse-investigation-pennsylvania-924fcfcc119eb41fad07d7a217373f2d

You're tormented shey?
Guy face the OP and tell him that when it comes to advice about how to live your life ATHEISM is useless because it's against taking advices from others unless forceful orders at gunpoint due to the survival of the fittest! wink
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by KnownUnknown: 12:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You're tormented shey?
Guy face the OP and tell him that when it comes to advice about how to live your life ATHEISM is useless because it's against taking advices from others unless forceful orders at gunpoint due to the survival of the fittest! wink

Shoo

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:32pm On Jul 09, 2023
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Kobojunkie: 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2023
excanny:
I'm not sure any kid on their own will like religion. I see a lot of kids always forced to attend churches or mosques.
I remember a family I know. I really don't know how atheistic the parents are or if they were just agnostic, but generally I'm sure they don't attend any church but they did have a Catholic background kind of.
The two children they have are adults now like the son is 25 and his sister is 24 or something. I remember in conversations with them, they do always mock religion in general.
So humans are atheistic by default feom birth if no religion is forced on them.
If you truly believe all of what you have written here, then why do you plan to force your own religion on your kids? undecided
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by VOsimhen144(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you truly believe all of what you have written here, then why do you plan to force your own religion on your kids? undecided
Happy Sunday dear. How’re you doing? I’m single.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Kobojunkie: 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2023
VOsimhen144:
Happy Sunday dear. How’re you doing? I’m single.
Is being single some sort of problem? undecided
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by VOsimhen144(m): 12:59pm On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Is being single some sort of problem? undecided
it’s not a problem dear. I was just thinking that both of us could make a good chemistry and biology together. What do you think ?

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Kobojunkie: 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2023
VOsimhen144:
it’s not a problem dear. I was just thinking that both of us could make a good chemistry and biology together. What do you think ?
I am not gay though. Anyways, Goodluck! . undecided
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by excanny: 1:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Old woman, I don't have a religion. You know that but you keep trying to be funny.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What To Do If My Pastor's Very Attractive Wife Coms On To Me? / Is Christianity Also Against Interest Banking? / William Murphy, Muyiwa Olanrewaju Live In Lagos - Night Of Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.