Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? (1746 Views)

Why The Church Of Satan Would Rather Pose As Atheists Than Satanists / ‘I Prefer Non-religious’: Why So Few US Politicians Come Out As Atheists / Why Do People Brand All Non-religious Fellows Here As Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 10:05am On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

No, I
[i]Examples:
1. Having the required VISA to travel to another country is an objective Law
Which objective law made it so that the earth is carved into “countries”?
Is it moral for earth to be separated by borders called “countries” ?
What is wrong in travelling all over the earth, why do i need a “visa”?
Who made the rules of “Visa”?
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 10:24am On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

Who is the “me” that it is favoring?
Your ego?

One of the greatest laws in your New Testament is to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
That’s the basis of morality.
There is a higher Source to which I cannot negotiate with that said that!
I have to comply even if it doesn't agree with what favours me
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 10:26am On Jul 13, 2023
excanny:

When did honesty, trustworthiness become my personal morality?
Did you not mention the word moral and then give examples in brakkets?
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 10:28am On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

If you think one is right or wrong, it depends on the custom of where you are and what they do.

That’s exactly the origin of the word “moral”.
If we all agree in Nigeria to ban Gay marriage and in Germany they allow Gay marriage :the question is with respect to humans, is Gay law on Marriage Objective or Subjective?
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 10:29am On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

Still your subjective opinion.

Another person will also claim “There is the highest Source to which I cannot negotiate with that said that!
I have to comply even if it doesn't agree with what favours me”.

That’s why we have suicide bombers killing for the “highest source” and they can’t negotiate it even if they don’t want to die.
What they have forgotten is that the books they read about the “highest source” and the characters in it are from a Specific CUSTOM.

Laughing in jewish cheesy

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 10:31am On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

is Gay law on Marriage Objective or Subjective?
If anyone is going to answer it, it’s going to be based on his subjective opinion.

And is it objective or subjective to dictate to an adult what they should do with their OWN body?

Your answer will still be subjective.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

Which objective law made it so that the earth is carved into “countries”?
Is it moral for earth to be separated by borders called “countries” ?
What is wrong in travelling all over the earth, why do i need a “visa”?
Who made the rules of “Visa”?
You may challenge the VISA law if you want. People all over challenge every existing law
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 10:34am On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

You may challenge the VISA law if you want. People all over challenge every existing law
Does challenging a law that doesn’t favor you, make you moral or not?
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 10:34am On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

You asserting your opinion is SUBJECTIVE.
Who is “I”?

Which objective law says I should take your “assertions” serious?

Note:
Any law of morality that is subject to personal definition is SUBJECTIVE!
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 10:34am On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

Note:
Note:
Your opinion is SUBJECTIVE.

The subjective and the objective, go together, you can’t have one without the other, and that’s because they are ONE, just like a magnet has positive and negative poles, they seem different, they act different but they still come from ONE MAGNET.
Nothing is either good or bad, our thinking makes it so.

Manner: a characteristic or customary
mode of acting.

Custom: a usage or practice common to many or to a particular place or class or habitual with an individual

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 10:40am On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

Note:
You should run through history from the shamanism age to the agrarian age to the technology age you have now, then you will get better understanding of “morals/customs”.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 10:49am On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

What you are advocating for is Theocracy and it will do more harm than good. Anyone can claim “higher source”.
Seun kuti once made a remark “if there are no gods, there are no kings”.

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by excanny: 11:32am On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

Did you not mention the word moral and then give examples in brakkets?

And I said they were mine? So mentioning something means it's mine?
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Image123(m): 11:38am On Jul 13, 2023
LordReed:

Which dictionary meaning of religion classes atheism as a religion?

Myanmna's meaning abi wetin be that guy name.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 11:41am On Jul 13, 2023
Image123:

Myanmna's meaning abi wetin be that guy name.
I can also make some crafty names. wink

Image of the elohim, which they created male and female, Androgynous, i am getting somewhere cheesy.

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

What you are advocating for is Theocracy and it will do more harm than good. Anyone can claim “higher source”.
Seun kuti once made a remark “if there are no gods, there are no kings”.
Not really.

I am only saying that humans cannot objectively determine a universal standard of morality because as humans, they can change or modify such laws according to agreements t between some of them
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

You should run through history from the shamanism age to the agrarian age to the technology age you have now, then you will get better understanding of “morals/customs”.
As long as each society can determine for themselves what they consider moral and it can be at variance with what another community or persons subscribe to, the law of morality remains subjective
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
Hi
Maynman:

Note:
Your opinion is SUBJECTIVE.

The subjective and the objective, go together, you can’t have one without the other, and that’s because they are ONE, just like a magnet has positive and negative poles, they seem different, they act different but they still come from ONE MAGNET.
Nothing is either good or bad, our thinking makes it so.

Manner: a characteristic or customary
mode of acting.

Custom: a usage or practice common to many or to a particular place or class or habitual with an individual

Of course my opinion will always be subjective to me and could be different from your own opinion.

The Truth is that morality should be absolute irrespective of where it is applied on the earth. But we know that it isn't because between us humans we cannot absolutely agree on what is moral and what is not

Does Putin or the Russian army think they are acting immorally by invading Ukraine?
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

Does challenging a law that doesn’t favor you, make you moral or not?
You tell me?

We challenge every law in existence. This is the behaviour of humans.

We even challenge the law of biology which is supposed to be fixed. Thus Bob Risky can show us his brand new bumbum and be proud about it
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

As long as each society can determine for themselves what they consider moral and it can be at variance with what another community or persons subscribe to, the law of morality remains subjective
Customs is never the same in different societies, there may be similarities.

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:
Hi

Of course my opinion will always be subjective to me and could be different from your own opinion.

The Truth is that morality should be absolute irrespective of where it is applied on the earth. But we know that it isn't because between us humans we cannot absolutely agree on what is moral and what is not

Does Putin or the Russian army think they are acting immorally by invading Ukraine?
Your definition of “truth” and what it should be or not, is also subjective to yourself, it’s just like a story of blind men and a elephant.
How do you know your truth is the truth?
Where is truth and false located?

Putin and Russain army are doing their work which is to defend their country.
Justice is doing your own work.

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

You tell me?

We challenge every law in existence. This is the behaviour of humans.

We even challenge the law of biology which is supposed to be fixed. Thus Bob Risky can show us his brand new bumbum and be proud about it
Quote the law of biology.

The surgery bob risky did, does not require the knowledge of biology?

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

If anyone is going to answer it, it’s going to be based on his subjective opinion.

And is it objective or subjective to dictate to an adult what they should do with their OWN body?

Your answer will still be subjective.
Since there would be arguments on this issue, then it simply probes that human morality on this is subjective.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

Since there would be arguments on this issue, then it simply probes that human morality on this is subjective.
Morality has always been subjective, people come together for a common custom and manner.

Do you think if you go back in time and wore a clothe, these people will consider you any more moral?
And if they see a modern woman dressing almost naked, do you think they will chide her?

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

Still your subjective opinion.

Another person will also claim “There is the highest Source to which I cannot negotiate with that said that!
I have to comply even if it doesn't agree with what favours me”.

That’s why we have suicide bombers killing for the “highest source” and they can’t negotiate it even if they don’t want to die.
What they have forgotten is that the books they read about the “highest source” and the characters in it are from a Specific CUSTOM.

Laughing in jewish cheesy
Let's assume (for the sake of arguments) that there is a Highest SOURCE.
But Humans can also have other Sources different from this that they consider as their own highest source.
Eg. Atheists highest source is themselves!

Therefore if EVERYONE takes their Laws from the highest source alone, there would be no problem. But as soon as we adopt other sources apart from this highest source, we arrive at the problem you just showed
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

Let's assume (for the sake of arguments) that there is a Highest SOURCE.
But Humans can also have other Sources different from this that they consider as their own highest source.
Eg. Atheists highest source is themselves!

Therefore if EVERYONE takes their Laws from the highest source alone, there would be no problem. But as soon as we adopt other sources apart from this highest source, we arrive at the problem you just showed
You are contradicting yourself.
Why can’t we adopt other HIGHEST sources, we have thousands of gods apart from Yahweh.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

Morality has always been subjective, people come together for a common custom and manner.

Do you think if you go back in time and wore a clothe, these people will consider you any more moral?
And if they see a modern woman dressing almost naked, do you think they will chide her?

Says you.

Why do you think humans universally don't go about stark naked? They may be as skimpy dressed as possible but never naked like animals: Why?

Why do you think people have conscience and why do you think that people can kill their conscience?

Morality is ingrained in every human as their conscience. The society could then make or break this conscience to adopt a new normal.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 2:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

Says you.

Why do you think humans universally don't go about stark naked? They may be as skimpy dressed as possible but never naked like animals: Why?

Why do you think people have conscience and why do you think that people can kill their conscience?

Morality is ingrained in every human as their conscience. The society could then make or break this conscience to adopt a new normal.
Humans have gone STARKED NAKED more than they have wores clothes, why do you think humans for 90000 years were universally naked?
Some humans still go stark naked till today, apart from society shame, what is wrong in going naked in itself?
Morality/Customs is always changing.

Conscience is subjective, Do you think the isrealites that killed other tribes will have their conscience fighting them? they were fighting for yahweh.
Do you think a muslim bombing the “infedels” will have conscience of what he is doing is bad, or is it only bad from my perception?
Do you think osama bin laden is sorry for what he did? In some people perception he is an hero
He was fighting for his nation!

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

Quote the law of biology.

The surgery bob risky did, does not require the knowledge of biology?

An adult human has two testes that produces spermatozoa and zero ovary : biology says this is a MAN

Some humans by Gender Reassignment says this is a WOMAN or even REPTILIAN!

Is Bob Risky a man or a woman?
He is doing EVERYTHING to present himself as a Woman: against BIOLOGY!
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

An adult human has two testes that produces spermatozoa and zero ovary : biology says this is a MAN

Some humans by Gender Reassignment says this is a WOMAN or even REPTILIAN!

Is Bob Risky a man or a woman?
He is doing EVERYTHING to present himself as a Woman: against BIOLOGY!
Show me where “biology” said this “ An adult human has two testes that produces spermatozoa and zero ovary : biology says this is a MAN”

And even if “biology” said it and so?
How does bobrisky presenting itself as a woman bother you?
Is bobriskry calling you a woman? How exactly is it affecting you PERSONALLY?

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

Your definition of “truth” and what it should be or not, is also subjective to yourself, it’s just like a story of blind men and a elephant.
How do you know your truth is the truth?
Where is truth and false located?

Putin and Russain army are doing their work which is to defend their country.
Justice is doing your own work.
You say Putin and Russian army are doing their job: but is their action moral?

To the Ukrainians is Putin Moral or Immoral?

By now, you will see that morality will always be subjective with respect to us humans. Unfortunately, morality should be absolute!
What is wrong is wrong irrespective of who is concerned or the planet you take it to
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

Customs is never the same in different societies, there may be similarities.
It is still saying that morality as defined by humans will always be subjective even though morality requires absolute standard of wrong or right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Man Block His Fellow Man's Destiny? / Create Your Own God, Current Trend In Religion? / Between Jehovah's Witness And Freemasons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.