Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? (1742 Views)

Why The Church Of Satan Would Rather Pose As Atheists Than Satanists / ‘I Prefer Non-religious’: Why So Few US Politicians Come Out As Atheists / Why Do People Brand All Non-religious Fellows Here As Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

You say Putin and Russian army are doing their job: but is their action moral?

To the Ukrainians is Putin Moral or Immoral?

By now, you will see that morality will always be subjective with respect to us humans. Unfortunately, morality should be absolute!
What is wrong is wrong irrespective of who is concerned or the planet you take it to
Does it matter to putin if Ukraines call him moral or not?
Do you think it matters to a Christian if a ogun worshipper calls him moral or not?
Do you think it is moral to determine who is moral or not based on your own opinions?

The people that the isrealites killed and made slaves in Old Testament, to their victims especially their children, do you think they see yahweh and israelites as moral people?

Do you think the parents of the kids elisha killed, will consider elisha a moral person?
Some people even try to twist it that they are “grown men” like it makes it better to kill people for mocking you.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

It is still saying that morality as defined by humans will always be subjective even though morality requires absolute standard of wrong or right
That’s also subjective, “even though”, where did you read the requirements?😂

And morality is a human word that has specific definitions, your bible was written in pre existing languages.
You will have to coin another word for your egoism of wrong or right.

Morality means customs, in yoruba land prostrating for your elders is considered moral, but what exactly is “moral” in prostrating?
How does it signify respect on his own if not for what has been ATTACHED to it called CUSTOM.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
TenQ:

It is still saying that morality as defined by humans will always be subjective even though morality requires absolute standard of wrong or right
And, you trying to determine for others what is moral or not is the highest form of immorality, because you read a book and think you know the “absolute standard of wrong or right”, only extremists think like this.

If it’s so wrong then tell your god to do something, don’t be like some muslim suicide bombers, why are you fighting for your god?

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 10:02am On Jul 14, 2023
Maynman:

And you trying to determine for others what is moral or not is the highest form of immorality, because you read a book and think you know the “absolute standard of wrong or right”, only extremists think like this.

If it’s so wrong then tell your god to do something, don’t be like some muslims suicide bombers, why are you fighting for your god?

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Should the standard of morality be universal or subjective to every society?
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 10:11am On Jul 14, 2023
TenQ:

Should the standard of morality be universal or subjective to every society?
Every society should have their own custom.
You can’t use your own society “standard” to judge other society and vice versa, that’s how genocide start ask hitler.

Even yorubas don’t have the same custom as fulani within just nigeria alone ooo, but you want to force your opinion that you read in a book as “universal”.

You are reading a JEWISH BOOK WITH JEWISH CHARACTERS, JEWISH TRADITION, JEWISH CUSTOM.

When moses went to receive the 10 commandments in the Jewish book, which SOCIETY was it for? The Egyptians? Moabites? Babylonians? Or israelites?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by kkins25(m): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
shocked shocked shocked

Are you trying to suggest that you interact daily with everything that you see or what? undecided

Again, this epistle of yours is unneeded. The question I asked is simple. Are eyes naturally capable of such feat or something? Can your eyes see, for instance, an atom, without aid? If you answer truthfully, then surely you ought to know how to answer that question. undecided

An atom is the building block of all substances. A house is made of smaller bricks, so, by your logic, because i enter someones house and cant tell if it's framework was done with concrete or bricks, does that mean i can claim the non existence of bricks or concrete. I house, again, is a bundle of bricks. so, When i touch the walls if the house, i touch the bricks.

So yes, i interact with atoms and molecules everyday. I can't see atoms, but even if i wasn't science savvy, I'm inclined to hypothesis that, things could be made of smaller stuff invisible to the eyes. Just like Aristotle did. Today, we have proved that claim. Now, viruses interact with their environments on a molecular level.

even to the virus, Atoms exist. Can you say the same for God?

No, i cannot see atoms with my naked eyes. but i see what they do and how their interaction affects my surroundings.

For example, a photon is smaller than most atoms, but, i see them. You see them. We call it light. Now, tell me why i should teach my child about God. Do i say, "look there kk, you see that fish, God created it."
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 3:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
Maynman:

Every society should have their own custom.
You can’t use your own society “standard” to judge other society and vice versa, that’s how genocide start ask hitler.

Even yorubas don’t have the same custom as fulani within just nigeria alone ooo, but you want to force your opinion that you read in a book as “universal”.

You are reading a JEWISH BOOK WITH JEWISH CHARACTERS, JEWISH TRADITION, JEWISH CUSTOM.

When moses went to receive the 10 commandments in the Jewish book, which SOCIETY was it for? The Egyptians? Moabites? Babylonians? Or israelites?
How can anything be designated as moral when it is dependent on the society to which you belong.

Is Cannibalism is okay if my society agree with it?

Is Beastiality is okay if my society agree with it?

What is wrong with Pedophilia if my society agree with it?

What can be wrong with murder if my society agree with it?
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2023
TenQ:

How can anything be designated as moral when it is dependent on the society to which you belong.

Is Cannibalism is okay if my society agree with it?

Is Beastiality is okay if my society agree with it?

What is wrong with Pedophilia if my society agree with it?

What can be wrong with murder if my society agree with it?
Who is the person doing the “designation”?
On whose “designation” is this person moral?
Is the person doing the “designation” living inside the society?

Your society doesn’t agree with all you said NOW, there was a time society agreed to it through subjective discussions.
If you were in that time you will also agree to it.
I told you to go and read history from shamanism age, agrarian age and the technology age you enjoy now.

If someone tells you to do this now you will call it immoral, during those days it was moral and sacred.

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
kkins25:
An atom is the building block of all substances. A house is made of smaller bricks, so, by your logic, because i enter someones house and cant tell if it's framework was done with concrete or bricks, does that mean i can claim the non existence of bricks or concrete. I house, again, is a bundle of bricks. so, When i touch the walls if the house, i touch the bricks.

So yes, i interact with atoms and molecules everyday. I can't see atoms, but even if i wasn't science savvy, I'm inclined to hypothesis that, things could be made of smaller stuff invisible to the eyes. Just like Aristotle did. Today, we have proved that claim. Now, viruses interact with their environments on a molecular level.

even to the virus, Atoms exist. Can you say the same for God?

No, i cannot see atoms with my naked eyes. but i see what they do and how their interaction affects my surroundings.

For example, a photon is smaller than most atoms, but, i see them. You see them. We call it light. Now, tell me why i should teach my child about God. Do i say, "look there kk, you see that fish, God created it."

***Yawn ***

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
***Yawn ***

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
Maynman:

Who is the person doing the “designation”?
On whose “designation” is this person moral?
Is the person doing the “designation” living inside the society?

Your society doesn’t agree with all you said NOW, there was a time society agreed to it through subjective discussions.
If you were in that time you will also agree to it.
I told you to go and read history from shamanism age, agrarian age and the technology age you enjoy now.

If someone tells you to do this now you will call it immoral, during those days it was moral and sacred.

You are just confirming that subjective morality is nonsense!

Thanks
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
TenQ:

Thanks
you trying to determine for others what is moral or not is the highest form of immorality.

Who do you think you are with your standard of morality?

You are welcome and remember do unto others as you would have them do unto you and read Matthew, chapter 7, verse 5.

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
TenQ:

Thanks
This was in ancient greece, where what you call “Pedophilia” was common and not seen immoral.
The term “pedophilia” was not even used in a derogatory way that we are using now.
Change is CONSTANT!

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
Maynman:

This was in ancient greece, where what you call “Pedophilia” was common and not seen immoral.
The term “pedophilia” was not even used in a derogatory way that we are using now.
Change is CONSTANT!
If the morality of pedophilia is subject to interpretation of the Greeks, to you is pedophilia immoral?

Should the standard of morality be universal or subjective to every society and person?
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
TenQ:

If the morality of pedophilia is subject to interpretation of the Greeks, to you is pedophilia immoral?

Should the standard of morality be universal or subjective to every society and person?
The origin of the word “pedophilia” comes from greeks and it’s used in Paideia (also spelled paedeia) (/paɪˈdeɪə/; Greek: παιδεία) referred to the rearing and education of the ideal member of the ancient Greek polis or state.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paideia
Get yourself some education.

What do you mean by “morality of pedophilia”?
Is there “morality of heterosexuals”
Pedophilia is neither moral or immoral, our thinking makes it so.

The standard of morality in a society is set up by people in that society through subjective discussions.

To those doing pedophilia, how is it affecting you PERSONALLY?

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2023
Maynman:

The origin of the word “pedophilia” comes from greeks and it’s used in Paideia (also spelled paedeia) (/paɪˈdeɪə/; Greek: παιδεία) referred to the rearing and education of the ideal member of the ancient Greek polis or state.

What do you mean by “morality of pedophilia”?
Is there “morality of heterosexuals”
Pedophilia is neither moral or immoral, our thinking makes it so.

The standard of morality in a society is set up by people in that society through subjective discussions.

You seem to be justifying pedophilia by the Greeks, thus I ask you

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2023
TenQ:

You seem to be justifying pedophilia by the Greeks, thus I ask you

The word pedophilia was coined by the greeks and this is what they use it for.

There’s no universal anything, is there a universal form of eating?

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 6:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
TenQ:

You need to be answering my own questions too.

Do you think it matters to a Christian if a ogun worshipper calls him moral or not?
Do you think it is moral to determine who is moral or not based on your own opinions?

The people that the isrealites killed and made slaves in Old Testament, to their victims especially their children, do you think they see yahweh and israelites as moral people?

Do you think the parents of the kids elisha killed, will consider elisha a moral person?
Some people even try to twist it that they are “grown men” like it makes it better to kill people for mocking you.
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 7:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
Maynman:

The word pedophilia was coined by the greeks and this is what they use it for.

Why is it difficult to answer this simple question?

Should the standard of morality be universal true or subjective to every society and person?
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
TenQ:

Why is it difficult to answer this simple question?

Should the standard of morality be universal true or subjective to every society and person?
I have answered it, seems you looking for a Jewish answer that aligns with your jewish book.

Listen to your advice and answer my questions that i asked before this.

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 7:08pm On Jul 14, 2023
Maynman:

I have answered it, seems you looking for your own answer.

Any morality that is subject to subjective personal interpretation is a sham!

If in my house we practice pedophilia, am I subject to judgement by the government? Why is my interpretation of morality foolishness? Why should the government respect my definition of morality with respect to pedophilia?
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
TenQ:

Any morality that is subject to subjective personal interpretation is a sham!

If in my house we practice pedophilia, am I subject to judgement by the government? Why is my interpretation of morality foolishness? Why should the government respect my definition of morality with respect to pedophilia?

So your opinion is a SHAM! grin

“If in my house we practice heterosexuality, am I subject to judgement by the government? Why is my interpretation of morality foolishness? Why should the government respect my definition of morality with respect to heterosexuality ?

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
TenQ:

Is this government ”Universal”?
And don’t forget that it’s the government that set up customs/morals in a society through the lawmakers, and the laws and lawmakers are always changing.

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by kkins25(m): 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
***Yawn ***
😂 😂
It's okay to belief. People belief the world is flat too. Like late Night Birde sang, "it's okay, it's okay, its okay, to be lost. we all a little lost, but it's alright. " Bless her soul.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2023
kkins25:
😂 😂
It's okay to belief. People belief the world is flat too. Like late Night Birde sang, "it's okay, it's okay, its okay, to be lost. we all a little lost, but it's alright. " Bless her soul.
You are not making any sense. Go back to the beginning of this conversation to see this. undecided

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by TenQ: 7:50pm On Jul 14, 2023
Maynman:

Is this government ”Universal”?
And don’t forget that it’s the government that set up customs/morals in a society through the lawmakers, and the laws and lawmakers are always changing.
I didn't mention the government of any country as you can fill up the the gap
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by kkins25(m): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You are not making any sense. Go back to the beginning of this conversation to see this. undecided
Simple. God does not exit..

"Dear daughters,
God does not exist, and don't let any one tell you other wise. Some people think the world is flat, and they're NuTs."

"If any one tells you God exist, have them define this GOd. Ask them if he has ever spoken to them. Becareful my girl, the moment they tell you you just need to believe. RUN! "

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2023
TenQ:

I didn't mention the government of any country as you can fill up the the gap
No government does this, pele “If in my house we practice pedophilia, am I subject to judgement by the government? Why is my interpretation of morality foolishness? Why should the government respect my definition of morality with respect to pedophilia?”

How is pedophilia affecting you PERSONALLY?
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
kkins25:
Simple. God does not exit..

"Dear daughters,
God does not exist, and don't let any one tell you other wise. Some people think the world is flat, and they're NuTs."

"If any one tells you God exist, have them define this GOd. Ask them if he has ever spoken to them. Becareful my girl, the moment they tell you you just need to believe. RUN! "
***Yawn***
Re: What's The Best Way To Raise My Kids As Atheists? by Maynman: 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
***Yawn***
Of course it is boring to a golem like you, don’t you enjoy sadness in chrestus iesus cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Question For m_nwankwo / Tips On How To Finish The Whole Musxaf-qur'an In 30 Days Of The Siyaam / Mazaje & Other Atheists - Please Read And Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.