Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate (48135 Views)

10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 / Governor Makinde Pays Gratuity And Pensions In Oyo / How Much Ex-Governors Get As Pensions In Nigeria - SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Acesexcell(m): 6:51am On Jul 09, 2023
Hmmmm, Nigeria my country. I'm very sure Tinubu is also collecting pension as formal Lagos governor as well. Did Buhari collected pension as formal head of state too, before the expiration of his tenure may 29th 2023?
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by DaddyCoool: 7:12am On Jul 09, 2023
sonnie10:

Are we not speaking? Must we share same ideology?
Where were your progenitors when those men were hustling to be governors?

There is no tyranny in lawful act. Receiving of pension is a lawful act.
Direct your grievance to your law makers not people that have worked for their pension .

You obviously didn't read these quotes below. Like I said, the MAN in you died long ago. One of the signs is to be terrified of possible prison which then leads to sticking to grammar instead of actively demonstrating or disobeying any law no matter how unjust. Even after it's been brought to your attention that the beneficiaries of the ridiculous rule are also the rule makers!

Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by 77up(m): 7:28am On Jul 09, 2023
fourboys:
U no fit see Peter Obi for this kind list lie lie.. thank God for a man like Peter many ex governors dey follow his footsteps now
Is he in the senate? All these Obi praise singers sef😂
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Brushstrokes20: 7:30am On Jul 09, 2023
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it! undecided
The shyyythole is cursed with useless bunch of SELF SERVING THIEVES AND CHRONIC KLEPTOS parading themselves as leaders!
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Nwanna2588: 7:41am On Jul 09, 2023
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by phemmyfour: 7:55am On Jul 09, 2023
sonnie10:
Is it illegal?
That's double salary from the government
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Benekkk: 8:04am On Jul 09, 2023
Here is the integrity of leaders in the biggest black African nation. The destination of Nigeria can be determined by the quality of its “leadership!”
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Geopex(m): 8:04am On Jul 09, 2023
fourboys:
U no fit see Peter Obi for this kind list lie lie.. thank God for a man like Peter many ex governors dey follow his footsteps now

Peter obi don block your brain, no wonder obedient keep ranting and crying on all thread, bcuz they failed to read headlines b4 pouring out maggots . so your messiah Peter obi is a senator abi?
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Benekkk: 8:12am On Jul 09, 2023
egopersonified:

My brother, my only concern in life now is if Nigeria will ever improve. I am really losing hope. I want to try to stop listening and reading Nigerian news. Everyday it's a new heart break.
Sorry but you’ll be disillusioned. It’s right from the birth of a baby snake that you can tell it’s going to be long like its mother. Our politicians are doing their best to make Nigeria hopeless and they are really good at it. Look out for yourself and your family! Salvation is personal.
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by HRMK: 8:14am On Jul 09, 2023
WHAT OF AMOSU OF OGUN STATE?WAS HIS STOPPED BY GOVERNOR ABIODUN?
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by swuftz: 8:17am On Jul 09, 2023
fourboys:

Was he in the 10th National Assembly?.
Psychophants
Ode.
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by 1Dray(m): 8:35am On Jul 09, 2023
Nancyeke:

Who told you he's not collecting pension?

I suppose you're the only Nigerian that doesn't know that Peter Obi refused to collect pension as an ex-governor.
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Nigeriadondie: 8:41am On Jul 09, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Did he belongs to the Senate others formal governors weren't there too
But he’s not receiving pension at least
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by olamike02: 8:45am On Jul 09, 2023
fourboys:
Obi truly should belong here. Ekwute has thought too high of himself and unfortunately he was believe by his likes. A man that can take his money to an offshore coy will not only collect but persuade the sitting governor to review it in his favor.🤪
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by kmaster007: 10:00am On Jul 09, 2023
Bukola saraki not on d list
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by dessy014u(m): 10:03am On Jul 09, 2023
fourboys:

But Peter obi is not in the 10th senate.That's why he is not listed
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by just2endowed: 10:49am On Jul 09, 2023
Islie:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/full-list-names-of-ex-governors-receiving-pensions-in-10th-senate/

There is a solution to this madness.

Let there be a law pass that if a former governor should take up any government or state government appointment other than local government appointment or job, such governor or deputy governor will forfeit his/her pension allowance for the duration of his appointment.

History of pension for governor/deputy governor in Nigeria.

When the 1999 constitution was written, in the constitution, it was explicitly spell out that the president and vice president will be entitled to pension like allowance. There was no provision for governors and deputy governors to enjoy life pension.

After the election of 1999 and all the 36 state governor sworn in. A particular governor sensing his tenure will end, went to the state house of assembly to enact a law for governor and deputy to be place on jumbo pay pension allowance. That governor was former lagos state governor tinubu.
Because of this wicked act, all other state government follow suit to enact a law for this lawful criminal act till today. That's how it spread.
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Naajjii: 10:58am On Jul 09, 2023
fourboys:
Is Peter Obi a Senator?
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Seytex: 11:16am On Jul 09, 2023
Only sokoto paying two senators these package. That’s crazy.
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Johans2023: 11:26am On Jul 09, 2023
MisterBanny:

You're beginning to get boring with this Nonsense
this is just the beginning. Una never see anything.
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Johans2023: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2023
mywells:
*IDIOMS FROM AROUND AFRICA:*

*_⭕1. The anger of a penis doesn't destroy the vagina. (Zimbabwe)_*
*_⭕2. There's no virgin in a maternity ward. (Cameroon)_*
*_⭕3. A child can play with it's mother's breasts but not with the father's testicles. (Ghana)_*
*_⭕4. The man who marries a beautiful woman and the farmer who grows corn by the road side have the same problem. (Ghana)_*
*_⭕5. When you see a woman sitting with her legs open, never tell her to close them because u do not know her source of fresh air. (Ethiopia)_*
*_⭕6. He who says that nothing lasts forever has never tried Hausa perfume. (Nigeria)_*
*_⭕7. The only woman who knows where her man is every night is a widow.(Togo)_*
*_⭕8. An erected penis has no conscience. (Uganda)_*
*_⭕9. If u go to sleep with an itching anus, u are sure to wake up with smelly fingers. (Kenya)_*
*_⭕10. The day a mosquito lands on your testicles is the day you will know there is a better way of resolving issues without using violence. (Senegal)_* all

Which is your favorite
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Johans2023: 11:32am On Jul 09, 2023
mywells:
*IDIOMS FROM AROUND AFRICA:*

*_⭕1. The anger of a penis doesn't destroy the vagina. (Zimbabwe)_*
*_⭕2. There's no virgin in a maternity ward. (Cameroon)_*
*_⭕3. A child can play with it's mother's breasts but not with the father's testicles. (Ghana)_*
*_⭕4. The man who marries a beautiful woman and the farmer who grows corn by the road side have the same problem. (Ghana)_*
*_⭕5. When you see a woman sitting with her legs open, never tell her to close them because u do not know her source of fresh air. (Ethiopia)_*
*_⭕6. He who says that nothing lasts forever has never tried Hausa perfume. (Nigeria)_*
*_⭕7. The only woman who knows where her man is every night is a widow.(Togo)_*
*_⭕8. An erected penis has no conscience. (Uganda)_*
*_⭕9. If u go to sleep with an itching anus, u are sure to wake up with smelly fingers. (Kenya)_*
*_⭕10. The day a mosquito lands on your testicles is the day you will know there is a better way of resolving issues without using violence. (Senegal)_* all

Which is your favorite
all
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Johans2023: 11:38am On Jul 09, 2023
pikechukwu6:
The best in this country is to scrap anything call pension and gratuity. once you finish serving go home with the money you saved...
you are not intelligent. Before opening your mouth you should ask around if there is any country that practice that.
You mean someone that serves his country in the military should not be given pension after his retirement? Do you know the amount of crime and corruption you will incurred? Use your brain pls.
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by kelly72: 11:39am On Jul 09, 2023
Tinubu's supporters should please show us Peter Obi on that list. Remember folks, that it was balablu bulaba who first made this law in 2007 to benefit himself and family after his egregious looting of the State. He continued to take the money until 2 years ago when NGOs forced him to drop it. I won't be surprised they're still paying him through the back window. There's no end to his crime skills.
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Johans2023: 11:41am On Jul 09, 2023
Guererro01:

That's my problem exactly, this is where the youths are supposed to channel our grievances to,but some people would rather support criminality forgetting that these politicians whether Ellup,APshit and PDidiots don't care about nor our survival..
don't be surprised if you see some youths protesting in support of the double salary tomorrow.
Tinubu is still collecting money from Lagos state but because of religion and tribalism some fools will be supporting him on that.
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by Johans2023: 11:43am On Jul 09, 2023
I wish I have money I would have sued tinubu and other governors for this fraud.
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by benjaminlawson(m): 11:49am On Jul 09, 2023
[quote author=Jestin post=124301554]This pension allowance will favour me and my family 😂

Note: To those saying this is becoming stale, we never start 😝 [/quoote]

Which kind of parochial thinking is this, even if millions of Nigerians are suffering, if its favours you and your family it is OK. Nigeria will never move forward if we have many people like you whose thinking is backward thinking.
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by twilliamx(m): 12:15pm On Jul 09, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Did he belongs to the Senate others formal governors weren't there too

Why you dey bother explain!
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by EgunMogaji2: 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2023
Personally I don’t have an issue with it. State pension is different from federal salary. Separate entities.

Please don’t abuse me as I’m a senior citizen.
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by francotunsco: 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2023
Thumbs up to OGD for this expose!

I am sure something will be done about it.
Re: Names Of Ex-Governors Receiving Pensions In 10th Senate by sonnie10: 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2023
DaddyCoool:

You obviously didn't read these quotes below. Like I said, the MAN in you died long ago. One of the signs is to be terrified of possible prison which then leads to sticking to grammar instead of actively demonstrating or disobeying any law no matter how unjust. Even after it's been brought to your attention that the beneficiaries of the ridiculous rule are also the rule makers!
How many of those past governors now in senate participated in writing the constitution?
Must I join you to disobey the law?
Why are afraid of championing your agenda by yourself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bafarawa: N4.6billion I Received From Dasuki Was For Spiritual Purpose / MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) / VP Kashim Shettima At Russia-Africa Summit In St Petersburg (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.