Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola (40072 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts As Fayemi Emerges Ekiti Governor-Elect / Ekiti Governor-Elect, Fayemi, Celebrates With Governors After His Victory / With Results Announced So Far, Kayode Fayemi Is Ekiti Governor-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by jonnex: 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2023
IdiotOjukwu:
THE BEAUTIFUL CULTURE❤️

Governor of Ekiti State, BAO greeting Aare Afe Babalola at a public function.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

T[color=#990000][/color]That is OMOLUABI nature in action.
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by AfonjaPriest: 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2023
This is what everyone should learn to do. When someone assists you, don't hesitate to thank them by prostrating in public. The beneficiary of the kind gesture of such remarkable show of thankfulness will also not hesitate to gladly assist you more in the coming days ahead.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by kaludestiny10(m): 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2023
As a little boy while growing up, precisely in secondary school, one baba Bola once told me that prostrating to greet an elderly person doesn't equate to respect. He went ahead to say that some persons will even insult you while prostrating. In summary, what he meant was that prostrating to greet in Yoruba land sometimes is a form of eye service.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by Zupay: 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
tiger28:
See dem!

That's why their youths are uncouth!

You mean the youths MC Oluomo is their mentor?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by Zupay: 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2023
MelesZanawi:

Prostrating is not a sign of respect. I guess giving your mothers heavy knocks on the head and using sliding tackles to wake your fathers in the morning is a sign of respect.
Ewu sit at home.

Omo Alhaji, na me u wan take buga......after postrating una still dey skull mine!cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by stanbright(m): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2023
MelesZanawi:

Deformed thing looking like a crocodile.
I can't believe what you have there is all of your legs.
Where you hide the remaining?
i don’t fucking care.But I know you da very ugly.Dirty set of people but always bring Igbos into their trash.Better go find way leave poverty,no be Igbos wey do you.🤡🤡🤡
You da roll for floor and Igbos no da do am wetting be your business?
Keep face like sheet wey them match

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by countryman13: 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
IdiotOjukwu:
THE BEAUTIFUL CULTURE❤️

Afebabalola! A senior learned man I dropped my cap for you!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by bonnyhope: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
yarimo:
See respect and example of good home training .

All na eye service

No be Yoruba wee I know

Shm..m
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by Tareq1105: 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2023
yarimo:
See respect and example of good home training .

Bcoz we're Omoluabi.

We respect people on 2 major grounds:

i) Age, and

ii) Position.
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by bonnyhope: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
incandescentena:
Those from that other side rather use side kicks to pass their greetings

I prefer who shows me openly that he hates me than someone who hates me secretly and shows fake love openly
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by obuneme: 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
Will this same Governor postrate to an older ordinary man in the street? He's just doing this because Afe babalola is an elder statesman.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by TheBTCinvestor: 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2023
MelesZanawi:

Look at this k-legged fool with a dwarf of a wife.
Your children will be too short to prostrate. It will be like when egg roll is on the ground.

All I see is stupidity grin kill ur self
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by Kaptainkoko: 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
TemplarLandry:
It's not a public funtion. That's Alfa Belgore Hall in Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti.

Since its afe babalola's Hall, so it's a private function abi ?
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by HRMK: 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2023
THAT IS YORUBA CULTURE FOR YOU!WE DONT GREET OUR ELDERS WITH A HANDSHAKE LIKE OTHERS!ITS AN ABOMINATION!!
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by ivandragon: 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
Igbos & yorubas seem to have the highest number of touts on social media.
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by uniquelyspecial(m): 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
dododawa1:
In blood, Yorubas are GREAT
Unlike them.
Them?
You see how s*nseless, f**lishand st*pid you have become?

So you just exist to be in competition with God knows who?

Shame!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by Skyehigher1: 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2023
This man is very humble from the beginning of his life I remember when he won the governorship election he always prostrate for fayemi then
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by sammysammy111(m): 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2023
Weldone ur Excellency, u re a good man, dats how people will honor u
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by Akharmony: 6:28pm On Jul 08, 2023
Nah the governor know why him postrate to that lenght
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by Osilama1: 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2023
FuckkMOD:
A little, for someone wey pass you well well

na u Sabi we don't postrate in our culture... That's doesn't mean we no get respect

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by ComeToJesus: 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2023
IdiotOjukwu:
THE BEAUTIFUL CULTURE❤️

One thing I so love about the Yoruba nation.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by ejimatic: 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2023
IdiotOjukwu:
THE BEAUTIFUL CULTURE❤️

Yoruba loni asa ati ise! ASA wa o ni parun ooo

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by Trimjos: 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2023
incandescentena:

After prostrating, he will go ahead and mine his skull 🤣
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by Trimjos: 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
kokakola:
That's a good part of the Yoruba culture I admire alot.
No matter how rascal or rude you are, the respect for an elder doesn't go to thin air. It's a practical something.

After respecting the elder, the postrator goes ahead and mines his skull. So much for culture and respect

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by slowice(m): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2023
They will start shouting "omiluabi" in the cs meanwhile their ethnic champion is a drug lord and they worship him whole heartedly.

Talk about deception

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by PencilBox: 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2023
kokakola:
No matter how rascal or rude you are, the respect for an elder doesn't go to thin air. It's a practical something.

Na because the ground clean e grin
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by Juanmike(m): 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2023
incandescentena:
Cry you a river

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by Cj4charles(m): 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2023
incandescentena:
sad
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by 4TZME(m): 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2023
kokakola:

Respect for elders only when they are yoruba elders abi.. bunch of hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by texas1990(m): 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
Why is this a news?
It won't have meaning to you Cox the region you came from lack respect for elders, you this ipob terrorist.
Re: Ekiti Governor Postrate To Greet Afe Babalola by Lolachef(f): 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2023
Evil mind and that's your problem.
incandescentena:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Voter Cards Of GEJ, GMB And Those Of PEJ And Aisha Buhari (pics) / Operation Crocodile Smile: See What Soldiers Did In A Nairalander's Community / Photos: Fayose Prostrates For Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.