Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman (28337 Views)

Moment President Tinubu Became ECOWAS Chairman (Photos & Video) / President Tinubu Emerges ECOWAS Chairman / Obadiah Mailafia: Tinubu Set To Be Used And Crushed By Some People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by FreeStuffsNG: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
EXCLUSIVE: Tinubu set to become ECOWAS chairman

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is set to become the next chairman of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), TheCable understands.

Tinubu, who leaves Abuja on Saturday ahead of the Sunday meeting of the heads of state of the regional political and economic bloc, is expected to take over from President Umaro Sissoco EmbalΓ³ of Guinea-Bissau, diplomatic sources told TheCable.

The 63rd ordinary session of the authority of heads of state and government will take place in Bissau, capital city of the Republic of Guinea-Bissau.

Former President Muhammadu Buhari previously held the position in 2018.

Tinubu, who succeeded Buhari as Nigerian president in May 2023, will be making his first international outing on the African continent at the ECOWAS meeting.

He attended the summit for β€˜A New Global Financing Pact’ hosted by French president, Emmanuel Macron, in Paris, France, in June.

The summit of the ECOWAS heads of state is expected to address memoranda on pressing sub-regional issues, including a report of the 50th ordinary session of the mediation and security council covering security challenges faced by the member countries, report of the 90th ordinary session of ECOWAS council of ministers on the financial situation of the body, the implementation of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA), as well as a report on the status of transition in Mali, Burkina Faso and Guinea.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-tinubu-set-to-become-next-ecowas-chairman/amp

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by FreeStuffsNG: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
Emilokan! From Asiwaju of Lagos to the Asiwaju of Nigeria now to Asiwaju of West Africa going to Asiwaju of the universe!
God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
God bless Nigeria for ever!
Iwaju iwaju, Emilokan o.

256 Likes 33 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by GeneralPula: 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2023
Okay..

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Ttalk: 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
Nice one.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Ebubu2: 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
Well deserved

All his policies will thus favor Nigeria

Like removal of fuel subsidy that was feeding all of West Africa

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by TemplarLandry: 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
Tinubu is a great man!

I dedicate β€œDown Below” by Roddy Riich to him. Great motivational jam!

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by aieromon(m): 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2023
Congratulations in advance.

The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) comprises three arms of governance, namely, the Executive, the Legislature and the Judiciary. At the helm of the organization structure is the Chairman of the Authority of Heads of State and Government. The Chairman is the current Head of State and Government appointed by other Heads of State and Government to oversee the affairs for a period of one year.

https://ecowas.int/governance-structure/

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by izonborn098(m): 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2023
Jagabanty, the oracle himself carry go.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Kenneth4u205(m): 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2023
Ok drug trafficking in ECOWAS countries will no longer be a crime under his rule.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Chiefpriestt: 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
Tinubu is a criminal drug lord

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Chiefpriestt: 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
Freshtruth:
Pls I can't hide eat anymore since yesterday afternoon have not eating anything I need help pls somebody help me pls I beg. I done too bear this thing abeg
Gtb 012seven
86431seven
Lol... You're a batist so Agbado is good for you to masticate and endure hunger. Una never see anything yet

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by EyeCumInPiss: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2023
Celebrating nonsense as usual.
How will this reduce the current high cost of living for the average Nigerian.
Very soon, una go celebrate the Chicago Baron farting in public.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
Ok drug trafficking in ECOWAS countries will no longer be a crime under his rule.

Your narrative has expired. Change it.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Jostoman: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2023
All na temporary till Supreme court tell us who the real winner in the presidential election.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Opolopoopolonio: 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2023
More pains for pigs... cheesy

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2023
His souvenir will be white dust

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by FreedomArmy: 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2023
This ECOWAS Christmas will favor me and my family

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Your narrative has expired. Change it.

E de pain you. To be honest, he's the main merchant of white dust

10 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Freshtruth(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2023
Chiefpriestt:
Lol... You're a batist so Agbado is good for you to masticate and endure hunger. Una never see anything yet
am not a Batist o don't say what u don't kW sir

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by beerfraud: 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2023
Good

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2023
Even ecowas wan tap current from the anointing, grin a great man indeed.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by sapele914(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2023
Chiefpriestt:
Shut up, & Satan jubilated, i done send am small thing from GT to GT.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Oyinda2000: 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2023
ote author=FreeStuffsNG post=124293721]EXCLUSIVE: Tinubu set to become ECOWAS chairman

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is set to become the next chairman of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), TheCable understands.

Tinubu, who leaves Abuja on Saturday ahead of the Sunday meeting of the heads of state of the regional political and economic bloc, is expected to take over from President Umaro Sissoco EmbalΓ³ of Guinea-Bissau, diplomatic sources told TheCable.

The 63rd ordinary session of the authority of heads of state and government will take place in Bissau, capital city of the Republic of Guinea-Bissau.

Former President Muhammadu Buhari previously held the position in 2018.

Tinubu, who succeeded Buhari as Nigerian president in May 2023, will be making his first international outing on the African continent at the ECOWAS meeting.

He attended the summit for β€˜A New Global Financing Pact’ hosted by French president, Emmanuel Macron, in Paris, France, in June.

The summit of the ECOWAS heads of state is expected to address memoranda on pressing sub-regional issues, including a report of the 50th ordinary session of the mediation and security council covering security challenges faced by the member countries, report of the 90th ordinary session of ECOWAS council of ministers on the financial situation of the body, the implementation of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA), as well as a report on the status of transition in Mali, Burkina Faso and Guinea.
https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-tinubu-set-to-become-next-ecowas-chairman/amp

Mynd44 nlfpmod

[/quote] well deserved

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by sapele914(m): 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2023
Jagungidi:
Even ecowas wan tap current from the anointing grin a great man indeed.
Make Dmerciful no hear you o.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 08, 2023
sapele914:

Lol na who be dat? Me I no send nobody o, not even the devil 😈 or Jesus cryst 😒

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Blackstan: 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
U can't jus beat dis man.. d guy has grace wen it comes to leadership.. Jagaban is not jus a name I swear.. Peter Sha wont like this

17 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by flokii: 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
Really?.. that's a good development.

Things are really going to get better for Nigeria from the look of things.. Rome wasn't built in a day afterall.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by DevilsEqual(m): 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2023
Really?
Omo it must really be tough to be Peter Obi at this period, its even tougher to be an Obi-diot who's being surrounded by different kind of developmental news coming from PBAT camp

I'm happy for BAT
This is a good Omen

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Nigeriagood(m): 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2023
May his appointment favour me and my family

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by Chiefpriestt: 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
sapele914:
Shut up, & Satan jubilated, i done send am small thing from GT to GT.
Lol...Be deceiving yourself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Set To Become ECOWAS Chairman by DMerciful(m): 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2023
So when the court sacks him, will he still be ecowas chairman? International disgrace awaits him
sapele914:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inflation: Tinubu advised Buhari to print more money - Paul Ibe / We Will Resist Any Coup- Tinubu / Gombe Govt Orders Immediate Closure Of All 'gala' Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.