Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite (13207 Views)

Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa / Why Foods That Boost Sexual Appetite May Not Work For Virgins - Chefs / Simple And Fun Steps To Increase Your Children's Appetite Naturally.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Trueigbo: 10:39am On Jul 09, 2023
Hello Nairalanders

My mother was diagnosed of brain tumor about 3 years ago though she is old we are skeptical about going for surgery.

The sickness affected her muscles as she finds it difficult to walk and chew food. It takes her time to eat food and end up eating very small quantity.

What can we give her to increase her appetite because I strongly believe she will get strength if she eat very well. We have spoken to doctor who insists we do the surgery as the only way out.

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by BaEnki(m): 10:49am On Jul 09, 2023
Please you guys should rally round and have the surgery done, I really do feel for her and hers because no should go through such pain.

Please help her have her surgery done before it degenerates.

35 Likes

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Trueigbo: 11:52am On Jul 09, 2023
BaEnki:
Please you guys should rally round and have the surgery done, I really do feel for her and hers because no should go through such pain.

Please help her have her surgery done before it degenerates.

Thank you.

We are concerned about her chances being that she is almost 75years old.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Trueigbo: 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2023
Anyone or nutritionist in the house please help

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Yankiss(m): 8:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
Please go to another competent doctor and seek a diagnosis. If they still insist on the surgery, it should be done. 75 years is not too old. Let the doctor explain the odds of the surgery. It's better to have it done than leave her in pains. Blood tonic can make her more hungry and able to eat. Alongside fruits. Intravenous foods in form of drips are also applicable.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by theophorus(m): 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2023
Probably Fruits and more of Fluid like food.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Emekaphilip360: 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nice
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by FalseProphet1(m): 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
I see her becoming whole before the end of this month.

This I have seen.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by MykellOni(m): 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
Attendance: Present ✔️
Chai! Sorry about this bro, it is well... I pray you are able to raise the funds for the surgery and I pray it goes successful. I hate to see people in this kinda predicament

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by slawomir: 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Sorry o

Not that am making a joke outta this situation

But make una give am small weed

Then watch the magic

But before that make una put enough food stuff for house

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by marvellous2222: 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
Let her consume fruit and pap mix with stews
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by grandstar(m): 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
First of all, ai am not a medical expert.

Some people have been able to radically overcome stage 4 cancer by changing their diets, especially to a plant based one.

Read the article below.

https://nutritionstudies.org/plant-based-diet-helps-21-year-old-recover-from-brain-cancer/
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Olarewaju89: 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
Person wey no well no fit eat oo.
I pray money come so that you people can do the surgery.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Dididrumz(m): 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
I think fruits will help.
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by McStoic(m): 8:38pm On Jul 09, 2023
Fruits, multivitamins etc
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by SouthSouth1914: 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
75 ain’t that old! Unless she has some medical conditions in light of this brain issues. It is best you consult different medical professionals to ascertain her chances!

I hope the issue gets resolved in the best possible way for your mom. Cheers and Godspeed!!

2 Likes

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by leisuretym: 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
Ok
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Fabrice07: 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
Please take her for the surgery. It will only get worse if that surgery is not done.
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Bayonle73: 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
Trueigbo:

Thank you.

Pls do the needful as soon as you can because it is better than using the money to do burial that will not benefit her... God will help you and your family as you rally around her... May we not use our old age in pain.

4 Likes

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Pufpuf(m): 8:41pm On Jul 09, 2023
Ignorance is really expensive.
I'm a medical doctor and I can authoritatively say that the solution to all her problems including feeding is SURGERY.
Her age isn't any negative for the success of the surgery.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Sleekfingers: 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2023
1. Ginger juice
2. Fish Pepper soup
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Skillsnigeria: 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hmmm
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2023
Trueigbo:
■ Thank you. We are concerned about her chances being that she is almost 75years old.
If chewing is the problem then give her baby and soup to drink down instead. Also, you would need to feed her if she is slow to handle the food for herself. But I am more worried about the agony of living life with a tumor in the brain more than all of that. Is she in pain? Is she able to communicate? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by cadet222(m): 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Sorry o
Not that am making a joke outta this situation

But make una give am small weed
Then watch the magic
But before that make una put enough food stuff for house

Hand go soon touch you

6 Likes

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by frozen70(f): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2023
Ok
Trueigbo:

Thank you.

Considering her age, pls don't risk it and still spend money that will still be needed for any unforeseen circumstances

Let her eat meals that can easily pass her throat like oat meals, Pap, cereal, conflakes, soft cooked beans, amala I fruits, salads and soups

Just ask her what meal she wants and give her little quantity but frequent meal

There must be drugs that will be recommended for her to manage her situation

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Godfullsam(m): 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2023
I pray she recovers speedily in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by gentposh: 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2023
Vvv
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by paskal16: 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2023
You dey think twice on helping your mum coz of her age and chances of survival ?
Even if she was 90 I will get her the surgery
No one deserves to suffer from that pain especially if she’s your mother

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guidelines For Validation Of Rapid Test Kits In Lagos / Group Asks Court To Jail JOHESU Officials For Failing To Suspend Strike - Punch / Fake COVID-19 Test Results On Sale: Lagos Government Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.