Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite (13216 Views)

Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa / Why Foods That Boost Sexual Appetite May Not Work For Virgins - Chefs / Simple And Fun Steps To Increase Your Children's Appetite Naturally.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2023
Trueigbo:
Hello Nairalanders

My mother was diagnosed of brain tumor about 3 years ago though she is old we are skeptical about going for surgery.

The sickness affected her muscles as she finds it difficult to walk and chew food. It takes her time to eat food and end up eating very small quantity.

What can we give her to increase her appetite because I strongly believe she will get strength if she eat very well. We have spoken to doctor who insists we do the surgery as the only way out.
The result after surgery always bad. Well, maybe few people I know who did was done badly or something went wrong but I doubt because they are more that 3 in number. It makes them act like they are suffering from stroke. Don't do it. Introduce fruit and veggies to her. After all, gari, Amala, akpu, rice, beans and all that we are eating is just to hold stomach. Fruits and veggies is the best. She is old, I'd recommend she do water fasting ( not fasting for prayer or talk to any God, it's for health restoration ) to restore many bad things in her system.
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Eviana(f): 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2023
Disclaimer: I am NOT a licensed medical practitioner.
The views I express are solely my own opinion based on what is written in this OP.

She's had the tumor for three years or you guys just found out three years ago? I'm asking cause in three years a tumor can continue growing and growing. Sounds like it may be spreading since she's having difficulty walking and eating unfortunately.

I understand age is an issue, but it looks like surgery "may" be a viable option. Or perhaps she can go on raw food--plant based and fruit ONLY-- diet. The goal is to shrink the tumor down to "0" without having an operation.
Perhaps blend the veggies separately and the fruits separately and have her drink them at appointed times. Specific cancer fighting fruits such as berries-#1 cancer fighter, lemons, oranges, grapefruits, apples, grapes, pineapple etc. , and veggies such as tomatoes, caulflower, brussel sprouts, broccoli, kale, spinach, etc., Fruit smoothie for breakfast, veggie smoothie for lunch and for dinner, perhaps a small spinach salad- with various assorted veggies also and brown rice--for extra fiber.

A tumor can be aggressive, so perhaps healing from the inside through fresh food may help.
Of course prayer is vital in this situation.

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by SonofHim: 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2023
Loss of appetite caused by cancer does not improve with intake of fruits or multivitamins.

And unfortunately it may continue to get worse as the tumour becomes bigger.

A 75 year old is not too old to have brain surgery. At least give her a chance. There is the possibility of developing complications post operatively. Also the prognosis may also not be favourable depending on the location of the tumour in the brain and the type of cancer.

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by chocboi78(m): 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see her becoming whole before the end of this month.

This I have seen.
my guy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by IketownNigeria: 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2023
Marijuana is the only answer

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by SonofHim: 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2023
SsweetAnn:

The result after surgery always bad. Well, maybe few people I know who did was done badly or something went wrong but I doubt because they are more that 3 in number. It makes them act like they are suffering from stroke. Don't do it. Introduce fruit and veggies to her.

The results are not always bad. Several factors affect patient's function after surgery...the type of tumor, it's size, location in the brain, possibility of achieving complete resection and so on. Some patients recover fully and are able to return to their jobs.
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2023
SonofHim:

The results are not always bad. Several factors affect patient's function after surgery...the type of tumor, it's size, location in the brain, possibility of achieving complete resection and so on. Some patients recover fully and are able to return to their jobs.
How come three different patients never get well, got worse cuz it introduced stroke to them, their mouth dropped down to the left. Why?

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by powerhouse3(m): 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
Theres an age woman i met too at anambra which suffer from indigestion and lack of appetite.

And as a chef ,outside fruit ,i recommend you jettison Nigeria food..

Now let me recommend food for you

Tomatoes soup,
If shes takes tomatoes soup and gain appetite follow it veggies i.e..lemon butter brocoli,cabbage leek and celery.

Coconut soup,.use our local coconut.for.this...dont.use.the artificial tin own

Avoid any fatty food with flour...or much starch.....im lazy to type but start with tomatoes soup first..

2 Likes

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by ChronicGp(m): 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2023
Give her some weed.

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Reelmii: 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
Let her chew utazi leaf
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by enny234: 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
paskal16:
You dey think twice on helping your mum coz of her age and chances of survival ?
Even if she was 90 I will get her the surgery
No one deserves to suffer from that pain especially if she’s your mother
You are ignorant
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by sammirano: 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
Her overall health will determine if surgery is safe now. Her age is also a factor, and is her tumor beinge or cancerous. So sorry for her diagnosis
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Uniquekriss(m): 9:56pm On Jul 09, 2023
If you ask me, you guys are being wicked and not ready to take care of the poor woman, cos she's 75 you think that money spent on brain tumor surgery is a waste which outrightly implies that you people are waiting for her to die I guess. If the resources are there or not so difficult to get, please let her go for surgery, there are people who still live up to 90years or more and are still useful and can communicate effectively. She still has a long way to go, she won't die now please, let her not keep suffering the symptoms of the ailment for the remaining years she has to live cos you guys are being inconsiderate.
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by BreconHills(m): 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2023
Trueigbo:
Hello Nairalanders

My mother was diagnosed of brain tumor about 3 years ago though she is old we are skeptical about going for surgery.

The sickness affected her muscles as she finds it difficult to walk and chew food. It takes her time to eat food and end up eating very small quantity.

What can we give her to increase her appetite because I strongly believe she will get strength if she eat very well. We have spoken to doctor who insists we do the surgery as the only way out.

Do you live in Lagos.?
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by paskal16: 10:01pm On Jul 09, 2023
enny234:

You are ignorant
Enny shutup
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Tektronics12: 10:05pm On Jul 09, 2023
Take Zinc Tablet or Chew Bitter Leaf or Green Plaintain Custard. Avoid any meat, fish or oil. Only fruits rich in Vitamin C.
Trueigbo:
Hello Nairalanders

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by bigtt76(f): 10:23pm On Jul 09, 2023
Not to spicy pepper soup made with a little bitter leaf or scent leaves

Trueigbo:
Hello Nairalanders

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Plus4you(m): 10:42pm On Jul 09, 2023
You can reach out to "FrancedavCare" on Facebook, for the appropriate diet
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by GOVERNORR: 10:51pm On Jul 09, 2023
Pineapples and watermelon.

And will be a good source for libido. Especially watermelon, as it makes pussy a lot juicy than usual
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Stoicful(m): 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2023
Trueigbo:
Hello Nairalanders

Let her take cannabis, she can vape it,smoke it or add it in her edibles. All the things you mentioned that is worrying her are all things cannabis cures. Good luck to her
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Originalsly: 11:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
Not in the medical field. Some things are not clear ... she was diagnosed with brain tumor... did they say if its cancerous or benign? It is automatic for them to say. If they didn't... then I'll suspect they are just out to make money. Brain surgery is very risky ... it must basically be perfect or there can be serious collateral damage. After the surgery there must be serious after care. How good is the after care team? Are the necessary drugs available? You need to somehow find out about the doctor's/ hospital record on such surgeries. A good place to go is where the patients have to report for after care ... you will have a good chance to learn about how well they perform.
Going back to the type of tumour... you need to know if it's benign or cancerous. Go to at least two more hospitals ... tell them her present condition and see if they will come to the same conclusion.... brain tumor. Benign tumor... then surgery should be done depending on the surgery team and the size and location of the tumor. If the tumor is cancerous ... forget about surgery ... waste of time. Find out who ever did such surgery successfully..... and is still alive after 5 years. If the tumor is cancerous ... then I recommend alternative remedies ... remedies not treatments ... ... there are several that check the spread of cancer period and over time get rid of such cells. One such common remedy is sour sop. Use the leaves to make tea.
All of this is about treating the tumor which you believe is the cause of her poor eating habits. Your present concern is more about getting her to eat. Slawomir and two others suggested "weed". Most of us have been programmed to demonize weed ... if weed is recommended as a remedy we automatically condemn the recommendation but if asked why ... we cannot give sensible answers. Like them ... if you want her to have an appetite.... I also recommend weed. Not for her to smoke... but use as tea. But you need to ask for pure weed ... 100% natural ... not spiked. Among other things ... weed does two thing specific to this situation... it opens the appetite and preventing one from vomiting... what food goes down stays down. If you know any weed smoker ... you will know after smoking there is one thing you can guarantee they will do ... is eat ...and eat a lot ... can't get the person to fight his worst enemy no matter how hard you try... but he will eat like a glutton. This is coming from a non smoker ... but will have no problem using weed as a treament.

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Oblongata: 11:23pm On Jul 09, 2023
The solution I have is unorthodox and probably discouraged by many doctors but there is a large chunk of success rate!

Mix weed(canabis) in the small portion mama eats. Mama will be revived both mentally and her appetite will be revived!
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Poske95(m): 11:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Sorry o

Not that am making a joke outta this situation

But make una give am small weed

Then watch the magic

But before that make una put enough food stuff for house

The Banga soup go suffer serious licking .......
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by vannessa7(f): 11:53pm On Jul 09, 2023
Trueigbo:

Thank you.

We are concerned about her chances being that she is almost 75years old.

75 years old is not too old, please do the operation,
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by 1Sharon(f): 12:54am On Jul 10, 2023
Why are you asking nairaland?

Why didn't you ask whoever is responsible for her treatment?
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by 1Sharon(f): 12:58am On Jul 10, 2023
Pufpuf:
Ignorance is really expensive.
I'm a medical doctor and I can authoritatively say that the solution to all her problems including feeding is SURGERY.
Her age isn't any negative for the success of the surgery.

Surgery that's it? Nothing can be done In the meantime? undecided

No liquid diet, no appetite stimulants?

Na wa for medicine in Nigeria.
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by WantsandMore: 1:21am On Jul 10, 2023
Trueigbo:

Thank you.

We are concerned about her chances being that she is almost 75years old.
hmmm this a bit complex because of the root cause of her inability, but tbh see a qualified & experienced dietician, I'll recommend a certain handle on Twitter @gdiets, I hope momma gets the help she needs. Sorry man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guidelines For Validation Of Rapid Test Kits In Lagos / Fake COVID-19 Test Results On Sale: Lagos Government Raises Alarm / Group Asks Court To Jail JOHESU Officials For Failing To Suspend Strike - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.