Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite (13253 Views)

Nigeria: Youths Appetite For Drug Abuse Growing – Dr Otorkpa / Why Foods That Boost Sexual Appetite May Not Work For Virgins - Chefs / Simple And Fun Steps To Increase Your Children's Appetite Naturally.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by MemoriesAndMe: 4:40am On Jul 10, 2023
Here are some tips on how to improve appetite for a person with a brain tumor:

* **Eat small, frequent meals and snacks throughout the day.** This will help to keep your loved one's blood sugar levels stable and prevent them from feeling too full.
* **Choose foods that are high in calories and protein.** These foods will help to give your loved one the energy they need. Some good options include:
* Nuts and seeds
* Yogurt
* Eggs
* Lean protein
* Whole grains
* Fruits
* Vegetables
* **Make food look and smell appealing.** If your loved one is struggling to eat, try to make food look and smell as appealing as possible. You can do this by:
* Arranging food on a plate in a visually appealing way
* Adding herbs and spices to food
* Cooking food in a way that preserves its natural flavors
* **Encourage your loved one to eat in a pleasant environment.** Eating in a pleasant environment can help to make eating more enjoyable. You can create a pleasant environment by:
* Eating at the table together as a family
* Playing soft music in the background
* Lighting candles
* **Be patient and understanding.** It may take some time for your loved one to regain their appetite. Be patient and understanding, and don't pressure them to eat if they're not hungry.

In addition to these tips, you may also want to talk to your loved one's doctor about medications or supplements that can help to improve appetite.

Here are some additional tips that may be helpful:

* **Offer cold or room-temperature foods if strong smells bother your loved one.**
* **Try adding sauces, gravies, or butter to foods to increase their calorie and protein content.**
* **Drink fluids between meals, rather than with meals, to avoid feeling full too quickly.**
* **If your loved one is having trouble tasting food, try adding spices or condiments to make the foods more appealing.**
* **Be creative with your meal planning and try new foods to see what your loved one enjoys.**
* **Encourage your loved one to stay active, as this can help to improve their appetite.**

It is important to note that everyone is different, and what works for one person may not work for another. If you are concerned about your loved one's appetite, talk to their doctor. They can help you develop a plan that is right for them.
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by fadigalfemi(m): 6:38am On Jul 10, 2023
Seek the help of a registered dietician. She might be delay for surgery or not fit for surgery if her nutritional status is compromise.
Kindly reach me on this line 07036116516 to link you up with any if need be
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by drlateef: 7:28am On Jul 10, 2023
Trueigbo:
Hello Nairalanders

My mother was diagnosed of brain tumor about 3 years ago though she is old we are skeptical about going for surgery.

The sickness affected her muscles as she finds it difficult to walk and chew food. It takes her time to eat food and end up eating very small quantity.

What can we give her to increase her appetite because I strongly believe she will get strength if she eat very well. We have spoken to doctor who insists we do the surgery as the only way out.

Give her blenderised food, milk shakes and complan.

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Votukpa(m): 7:52am On Jul 10, 2023
Trueigbo:
Hello Nairalanders

My mother was diagnosed of brain tumor about 3 years ago though she is old we are skeptical about going for surgery.

The sickness affected her muscles as she finds it difficult to walk and chew food. It takes her time to eat food and end up eating very small quantity.

What can we give her to increase her appetite because I strongly believe she will get strength if she eat very well. We have spoken to doctor who insists we do the surgery as the only way out.

You will struggle with what I'm about to say:

The last thing your dear mother should be doing is eating. That brain tumor is simply her body speaking. Her body is saying 1. My lymphatic system is severely clogged up (from all the mucus forming foods that has been fed to me for years) and needs draining. 2. My way way of dealing with this (in order to survive) is to excrete all the mucus into the brain in sac of acidosis that doctors call a brain tumor. It's in a sac to protect the brain from high PH of the acidity that will fry the neurons and cause other complications and progressive death. This so called tumor will affect my well being but creating it is much more better than dying. However if I don't correct the thing that caused it in the first place, death might follow.

Read this is till you get wisdom.

Solution: please pay attention brother.

1. Have your mother go through a 7-day herb and juice fast.
2. Get some Herbs and astringent fruits that do nothing but open elimination pathways in the body and drain the lymphatic system. Get herbs that support kidneys, liver and nervous system. Get on net and do the research. Pay the price by seeking wisdom.
3. You will definitely see her get better
4. Continue for another 3 weeks and she will be healed.
5. CHANGE HER DIET into one based on plants and fruits and whole foods.

A surgery will drain your pockets without guaranteeing her survival. Also, extracting the tumor artificially might tamper with her neurology and this might affect the quality of her life post surgery. You don't want this, trust me.

To doctors and the medical pharmaceutical industrial complex, your mother's health is nothing but a business opportunity. Don't indulge them.

God made herbs and fruits for the healing of the nations.

You've prayed in Jesus name and this is the answer. Now get to work.

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by untoldtruth: 7:54am On Jul 10, 2023
Smoothies, nutritious and very filling. Liquid so she just needs a straw. Look them up on YouTube please. I hope your mama feels better soon bruhv.
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by phemmyfour: 7:54am On Jul 10, 2023
Trueigbo:
Hello Nairalanders

Follow doc advice....they know best
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Excel99: 8:00am On Jul 10, 2023
Get sour sop for her, it will kill the cancer.
Better still get her jute (Ewedu). Blend it and give her uncooked, a glass morning and night.
The cancer must vanish
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by OMNIVIRUS(m): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2023
Trueigbo:
Anyone or nutritionist in the house please help

Damn... you want the tumor to slowly kill her because she's almost 75?
Let her do the surgery, get rid of the Tumor, depending on any medical history, the worst is an ASA of 3... if there's any systemic disease.

Note: The Tumor probably is siting in the part of the brain that controls appetite... as it grows bigger it may affect other functions too.
Do the damn surgery and prolong her life..
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by almarthins(m): 8:15am On Jul 10, 2023
Trueigbo:

Thank you.

We are concerned about her chances being that she is almost 75years old.

Omo na home call sure pass
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by NezzyMike: 8:37am On Jul 10, 2023
Trueigbo:
Hello Nairalanders

Seek for the services of a speech and language therapist and a Dietitian. They will tell you the type and form of food your mom can eat that will not require much energy for chewing for example soft diet, pureed food and liquid diet. Work on the diet and then opt for the surgery too.

From the table of a Dietitian.

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by NezzyMike: 8:39am On Jul 10, 2023
OMNIVIRUS:

Damn... you want the tumor to slowly kill her because she's almost 75?
Let her do the surgery, get rid of the Tumor, depending on any medical history, the worst is an ASA of 3... if there's any systemic disease.

Note: The Tumor probably is siting in the part of the brain that controls appetite... as it grows bigger it may affect other functions too.
Do the damn surgery and prolong her life..

She needs supplements for appetite and modifications of her food for easy intake. Nothing like sitting in the part of the brain for appetite. When you are sick, you will definitely lose appetite.
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by NezzyMike: 8:41am On Jul 10, 2023
MemoriesAndMe:
Here are some tips on how to improve appetite for a person with a brain tumor:

* **Eat small, frequent meals and snacks throughout the day.** This will help to keep your loved one's blood sugar levels stable and prevent them from feeling too full.
* **Choose foods that are high in calories and protein.** These foods will help to give your loved one the energy they need. Some good options include:
* Nuts and seeds
* Yogurt
* Eggs
* Lean protein
* Whole grains
* Fruits
* Vegetables
* **Make food look and smell appealing.** If your loved one is struggling to eat, try to make food look and smell as appealing as possible. You can do this by:
* Arranging food on a plate in a visually appealing way
* Adding herbs and spices to food
* Cooking food in a way that preserves its natural flavors
* **Encourage your loved one to eat in a pleasant environment.** Eating in a pleasant environment can help to make eating more enjoyable. You can create a pleasant environment by:
* Eating at the table together as a family
* Playing soft music in the background
* Lighting candles
* **Be patient and understanding.** It may take some time for your loved one to regain their appetite. Be patient and understanding, and don't pressure them to eat if they're not hungry.

In addition to these tips, you may also want to talk to your loved one's doctor about medications or supplements that can help to improve appetite.

Here are some additional tips that may be helpful:

* **Offer cold or room-temperature foods if strong smells bother your loved one.**
* **Try adding sauces, gravies, or butter to foods to increase their calorie and protein content.**
* **Drink fluids between meals, rather than with meals, to avoid feeling full too quickly.**
* **If your loved one is having trouble tasting food, try adding spices or condiments to make the foods more appealing.**
* **Be creative with your meal planning and try new foods to see what your loved one enjoys.**
* **Encourage your loved one to stay active, as this can help to improve their appetite.**

It is important to note that everyone is different, and what works for one person may not work for another. If you are concerned about your loved one's appetite, talk to their doctor. They can help you develop a plan that is right for them.

With all the copy and paste, you no add the form of the food which is the most important to prevent choking.

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by IamAsiri: 8:46am On Jul 10, 2023
Trueigbo:
Hello Nairalanders

That's the only way out. Control of muscles both for locomotion and chewing has to do with the brain, which is currently being affected.
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by IamAsiri: 8:47am On Jul 10, 2023
NezzyMike:

She needs supplements for appetite and modifications of her food for easy intake. Nothing like sitting in the part of the brain for appetite. When you are sick, you will definitely lose appetite.

The person you quoted is right.
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by NezzyMike: 9:03am On Jul 10, 2023
IamAsiri:

The person you quoted is right.

Right where? Go and read about medications for cancer and how it distabilises the appetite... No need arguing with you.

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by NezzyMike: 9:07am On Jul 10, 2023
IamAsiri:

That's the only way out. Control of muscles both for locomotion and chewing has to do with the brain, which is currently being affected.

Even if the surgery is consented to, her appetite needs to be tackled first to improve her nutritional status for the surgery to be successful. OP seek a Dietitian to improve her appetite and plan meals for easy swallowing/chewing.

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by MemoriesAndMe: 9:59am On Jul 10, 2023
NezzyMike:

With all the copy and paste, you no add the form of the food which is the most important to prevent choking.

Why not add them if youre not dumb?
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by mignone(f): 10:22am On Jul 10, 2023
Trueigbo:
Hello Nairalanders

In d meantime, let her chew bitter leaf sticks. U can also mix a little ground/fresh pepper to mashed bitter leaves to wash her tongue. Let her also drink little quantities of bitter leaf juice.
Invest in fruits&veggies too.
Weldone caring for her.

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by ThorOdinson: 10:46am On Jul 10, 2023
i am an advocate for Food AS Medicine.
so far you have exceeded the quotas for you being a real niggar to have prescribed Hempseed oil or it’s product as a solution.
respect ✊
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Sorry o

Not that am making a joke outta this situation

But make una give am small weed

Then watch the magic

But before that make una put enough food stuff for house

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by seyenko(m): 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2023
Try Complan

Trueigbo:
Hello Nairalanders

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by Ebony2King: 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Trueigbo:
Hello Nairalanders

Get her Appetone multivitamin

1 Like

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by jennylove20: 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
Eat eba
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by ghettochild(m): 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
Make I try superlife product such as the stc30
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by nkpommpko(m): 1:05am On Jul 11, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Sorry o

Then watch the magic

But before that make una put enough food stuff for house gbam!

Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by nkpommpko(m): 1:06am On Jul 11, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Sorry o

Then watch the magic

But before that make una put enough food stuff for house

gbam!
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by eepeepook: 2:30am On Jul 11, 2023
What do you want to hear here that doctors haven't mentioned? Allow the woman go for surgery. It will extend her life even if with a few months.
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by IamAsiri: 4:27am On Jul 11, 2023
NezzyMike:

Right where? Go and read about medications for cancer and how it distabilises the appetite... No need arguing with you.

grin grin grin
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by enny234: 7:47am On Jul 11, 2023
paskal16:
Enny shutup
You are still ignorant
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by adanonso(f): 7:47am On Jul 11, 2023
I have a sublingual supplement that will help improve her appetite. 08103164131.
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by paskal16: 8:51am On Jul 11, 2023
enny234:

My parents are still ignorant
Re: What Will She Eat To Improve Her Appetite by ghettochild(m): 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
I think for the OP.....they shd have gotten on a plant based diet from the day after the diagnosis.
They should get on it asap..and hope for a good results after 3mths

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Solution To Ovarian Cyst? / How To Combat Pimples? / Iran Reports 49 New Coronavirus Deaths, Highest Single-day Toll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.