Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? (11305 Views)

Lady Looking For A Man To Propose To. Nigerians Respond (Photos) / Man Kneels Down To Propose To His Girlfriend In Uyo As Crowd Gather (Pics, Video / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by ibinaboonline: 11:44am On Jul 09, 2023
Quick question for married people: take the woman to see your parents before proposing to her, or propose to her before taking her to see your parents? In what order is this culturally appropriate?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Starz825(m): 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
my own be say...I dey always attend to people billings but me ma sef no know how to bill people...na that shit I wan learn now..

so the billings can go round and we all be fine..cos na human being me sef be...i can't come and die. grin

.......anyway carry her go see your mama/papa....very important before proposal....although I know you go still do wetin you like

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Bugatie(m): 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
You should seek her consent/agreement to marry you before proceeding to introduce her to your parents as your wife to be.

That consent to me is the proposal and should come first.

But above all, be sure your feelings for each other is genuinely mutual.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Calabar1stSon: 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
Whenever you feel you ready Broski!

14 Likes

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by pinknipple: 12:11pm On Jul 09, 2023

Men should stop talking to wemen,
If they must earn their place in the society

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Drayco007(m): 12:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
Make money
Give her money
Send her family money
Make more money
Give her more money
Send her family more money..

They will propose to you..

ibinaboonline:
Quick question for married people: take the woman to see your parents before proposing to her, or propose to her before taking her to see your parents? In what order is this culturally appropriate?

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by bigeliot(m): 12:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
It is a decision u have to be very sure of and pls don’t do it and run o. Do anyone

1 Like

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by thesolutions(m): 12:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
Do you propose before dating a woman? If not, then this should not be a question.
The moment you and your girl start dating, it is necessary for your family to know because they watch out for you and give you feedback on whether to marry such or not. You can make it official to them when you are ready to settle down.
The only people that needs official introduction is your kinsmen and that should be after you are done with the proposal and both of you are on the same page.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by xristos(m): 12:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
Family first.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by frankson1(m): 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2023
His family should have known the lady before proposal. If I were the lady I won't accept the proposal without knowing his family.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by saphiere(f): 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2023
The appropriate time is when you can foot her bills.
When you are earning at least half a million Naira.
Get a good paying job with stable income before you think of proposing.

Dear young ladies, please don't accept a proposal from any man who is not financially buoyant.
You can't suffer as a single lady and still suffer as a married woman. Be wise. Don't let them sweet talk you into suffering.
Refuse to suffer.
Dshocker:

From your write up, i can guess your age.
Mr guesser I need a job. I base in PH.
IamAtAnger:
You're so pathetic with ur entitlement mentality... wretched, what then are u bringing to the table?.. the 40k job that you're begging on nairaland?
Can men just stop with the nonsense "what can you bring to the table?"
What women bring to the table outweighs what men bring.
Some of the things women bring to marriage are things money can't buy. Example; children.

6 Likes

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by emmy512: 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2023
She would certainly see my parents and know them and they know her,
But not for the marriage or announcing her as my wife.

Just for them to all be familiar with each other.

If any day my parents have a reservation they'll let me know.

But when I choose to propose it's going to be no one's business .

If not the fact I'm not yet in my state, she'd already be known very well at home.

They only know her name and face but never met.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by APCNig: 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2023
ibinaboonline:

Go to Church. I am currently typing from the Church.

6 Likes

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Savedday2: 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2023
The bottom line is all 9ja girls are ashawo both the ones forming GF or church girl. They are all the same.

The fact that you have never caught your babe doing ashawo, doesn't mean she is not an ashawo

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by ProphetM0hammad: 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2023
Today

1 Like

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by kingamaa(m): 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2023
Now

Don't wait till tomorrow

1 Like

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by LuvsBeautifl: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2023
Well, there is no one size fits all pattern. First thing is you both should be on the same page. As long as you're both ready then you can decide which should come first. However, ideally, you should ask her first, and when she agrees, you can move on to your parents, except you're having the reservation that your parents may not want her, making it easy for you to dissolve the relationship before it goes any further.

But if that is not the case, then na who get something or has the power over something (please I'm in no way objectifying the woman, just making an allegory) you want, na you need to ask their permission, not who needs to ne informed about your intention of wanting or needing the something.

Anyway, you guys do whatever works for you and good luck.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Vanpascore(m): 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2023
Give am belle, na she go propose to you.

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by APCNig: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2023
Savedday2:
The bottom line is all 9ja girls are ashawo both the ones forming GF or church girl. They are all the same.

The fact that you have never caught your babe doing ashawo, doesn't mean she is not an ashawo

Unfortunately you are right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2023
When you tick all your cards.

Her character especially with money
Her character to your family members
Her character to so called pastor or church leader
Your peace of mind
Your pocket @least 500k standby savings
Her priorities finally

4 Likes

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by SmartyPants(m): 12:15pm On Jul 09, 2023
ibinaboonline:

Don't you think you should ask your parents as the most immediate custodians of your specific culture? It is your parents you are taking the girl to, and they are the ones who can tell you the right order.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by anointedlinks: 12:15pm On Jul 09, 2023
ibinaboonline:

Spiritually, your parents are higher than your cleric in terms of screening your spouse (nowhere in the scriptures does it mention clerics involvement in marriage but parents are involved and mentioned).

Will be nice to take her casually to see your parents introducing her as your girlfriend. Then discuss your intentions with your parents and see their reactions and reasons for acceptance of her or otherwise. Then pray and you will know the next action to take.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Scrupulous419(m): 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2023
Bugatie:
Now

No risk am... woman matter na MMM.
after investing my Az money on mmm.. bros i regret am die. To buy market hard me that time. I just come dey do my normal rochi and TM plus little weed. Well thank God today am a big dealer. I get two barracks and one bunk now.

No time for them Girls.

Marathon continues...Cuh!

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2023
APCNig:

Go to Church. I am currently typing from the Church.

Are you supposed to be pressing phone in Church? All these agbadorians

4 Likes

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Oceanjagaban: 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2023
Around 13:48 pm on Tuesday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Hezzyluv: 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2023
If you propose to her before taking her to your parents and they vehemently reject her nko

If you take her to your parents they like her and later propose to her and she reject your proposal nko

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by OZIOGU1: 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
When you are ready to take the relationship to next level, don't use proposal tie daughter of Abraham down when you know you still have some years to study her.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
Wen I need ur brain
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by myke92(m): 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
You should firstly introduce the lady to your parents, basically for familiarisation.

Proposal shouldn't be something based on external influences, it should be strictly on your terms and when you feel it's the right time.

And, that time is when you are convinced she's the one for you.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
Wen I need ur brain to work
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by KingOfTheDamned: 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2023
When she is still a virgin and maximum 25 years old. Anything older then well.you are on your own.

A woman's best time to give birth without wahala is between age 19 to 25 years. 25 to 30 years max is pushing the envelope of risk. Above 30 then you have money to spend on csections and wahala and also brave yourself you just might have a kid with down syndrome, trisomy 21 or schizophrenia.

Watch as ENPs rush me and abuse me also telling us how they know a lady who gave birth at 80 years old. Watch the gay men support them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Turn Nasty When In Groups? / Nyash Experts In The House Please Help Me Assess This My Arse (pic) / 19 Most Ridiculous Odd Couples Who Prove Opposites Attract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.