Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors (26604 Views)

Woman Sleep On The Streets After Husband's Imprisonment, Due To Lack Of Money... / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Zigzagman: 1:14pm On Jul 09, 2023
Marriage: Women decry a lack of financially eligible suitors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hWypHOGur8

In Nigeria and across Africa today, women today are struggling to find men who earn as much as they do.

There is a shortage of economically attractive men and this has contributed to battles for control in relationships in which the women outearn their men. According to the young women in the trending video below, a good man is hard to find, especially in this economy.

Although we like to think marriage is based on love, they say, it “also is fundamentally an economic transaction,” and women want partners whom they can call their equals.

Two of the women on the panel confessed they'd fought with their partners, exchanging blows over money and control.

So, here are the questions for discussion within this thread:

1. Does a “lack of good jobs” for men contribute to loss of male control in a relationship?

2. Have you been in a romantic relationship in which a partner who had economic power over you, was tempted to control you or abuse you physically or verbally?

3. How do you go about handling it?

Please watch the video and share your opinion.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Dimaya: 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
Zigzagman:
In Nigeria and across Africa today, women today are struggling to find men who earn as much as they do.

According to the young women in the trending video below, a good man is hard to find, especially in this economy. There is a shortage of economically attractive men and this has contributed to battles for control in relationships in which the women outearn their men.

Although we like to think marriage is based on love, they say, it “also is fundamentally an economic transaction,” and women want partners whom they can call their equals.

Two of the women on the panel confessed they'd fought with their partners, exchanging blows over money and control.

1. Does a “lack of good jobs” for men contribute to loss of male control in a relationship?

2. Have you been in a romantic relationship in which a partner who had economic power over you, was tempted to control you or abuse you physically or verbally?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdgb4cIcgec

Link isn't working. Please move to romance section
Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Dimaya: 2:41pm On Jul 09, 2023
Link still isn't working
Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Zigzagman: 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2023
Dimaya:
Link still isn't working

fixed. check your browser
Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Dimaya: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
Zigzagman:

fixed. check your browser

Can you summarise the video

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2023
Zigzagman:

whether a man has money or not is IRRELEVANT to who has control in a r/ship... African society/culture and religion is very adamant about it. if you are a man, then you are the head of the family, whether you earn more than your wife and/or you are unemployed.

nobody, and i repeat, NOBODY should ever date/marry a woman who is A) disrespectful and or B) abusive physicaly/verbally to her man.... whether you are rich or broke. if that woman has a problem with you being the head of the family, tell her to go argue her case with Nigerian culture/society/religion.

you look for women who are respectful, caring, understanding etc and stop dating/marrying these liability women who value men upon how much money they have. if your woman's respect for you and your family is down to how much money you can bring, then that woman is a liability and should be discarded asap!

144 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:14am On Jul 10, 2023
Assuming a man married you when he had money,along the line he got broke.does that mean the respect should end because he is broke?if a woman has such mentality,dump her sorry ass.Date someone who likes and respects you genuinely as the head of the home wether money dey or not.we have lost our values,alot of women out there with entitlement mentality,money is important ,yes,doesnt mean all condition is permanent.

127 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Dimaya: 8:04am On Jul 10, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

whether a man has money or not is IRRELEVANT to who has control in a r/ship... African society/culture and religion is very adamant about it. if you are a man, then you are the head of the family, whether you earn more than your wife and/or you are unemployed.

nobody, and i repeat, NOBODY should ever date/marry a woman who is A) disrespectful and or B) abusive physicaly/verbally to her man.... whether you are rich or broke. if that woman has a problem with you being the head of the family, tell her to go argue her case with Nigerian culture/society/religion.

you look for women who are respectful, caring, understanding etc and stop dating/marrying these liability women who value men upon how much money they have. if your woman's respect for you and your family is down to how much money you can bring, then that woman is a liability and should be discarded asap!

How can you tell whether a woman will disrespect you before you marry her?

5 Likes

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Dimaya: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
Assuming a man married you when he had money,along the line he got broke.does that mean the respect should end because he is broke?if a woman has such mentality,dump her sorry ass.Date someone who likes and respects you genuinely as the head of the home wether money dey or not.we have lost our values,alot of women out there with entitlement mentality,money is important ,yes,doesnt mean all condition is permanent.

How can you tell?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Zigzagman: 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2023
you have to have the money conversation. Ask her what share of the family bills will she want to take? Negotiate hard

Anything less than 60-40 should tell you that you'll have problems if your income takes a hit

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dimaya:
How can you tell whether a woman will disrespect you before you marry her?

majority of time you can tell by the way you see them treat others in their life.... but beware, as there are many women/men out there who pretend to be who they are not for a long time... so the idea is that THE MINUTE THAT PERSON SHOWS YOU ANY TYPE OF LACK OF RESPECT (OR ANY TYPE OF ABUSE), YOU MUST GET RID OF THEM, THERE AND THEN!

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Zigzagman: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

majority of time you can tell by the way you see them treat others in their life.... but beware, as there are many women/men out there who pretend to be who they are not for a long time... so the idea is that THE MINUTE THAT PERSON SHOWS YOU ANY TYPE OF LACK OF RESPECT (OR ANY TYPE OF ABUSE), YOU MUST GET RID OF THEM, THERE AND THEN!

this is hard to follow.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
Zigzagman:
this is hard to follow.

in a r/ship, lack of respect and/or abuse of any kind, is a deal breaker, nobody should ever stand for it or even "manage" it.
these people are showing you small traits of WHO THEY REALLY ARE... if you dont act upon it there and then, then it will be your downfall in the long run (because as time goes on, they get more comfortable in the r/ship and their true disrespectful/abusive self comes out even more)

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dimaya:

How can you tell?
I saw the signs,but I was blinded by love.Just tell her you are broke even though you have money,allow her spend for you for sometime and see.As an experience master,here is a short story of what happened to me..I travelled all the way from state to assist my ex to house hunt,she gave me the transport to hold ,we dey waka follow agent to check one house and along the line ,me and my ex had an argument,do you know that this girl asked me to give her back all the remaining money she gave me ,down to the last penny,embarrased me in front of the agent.The man sef weak.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Zigzagman: 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
[right][/right]
MrBrownJay1:

in a r/ship, lack of respect and/or abuse of any kind, is a deal breaker, nobody should ever stand for it or even "manage" it.
these people are showing you small traits of WHO THEY REALLY ARE... if you dont act upon it there and then, then it will be your downfall in the long run (because as time goes on, they get more comfortable in the r/ship and their true disrespectful/abusive self comes out even more)

how do you differentiate one-off situations from habitual disrespect? at why point will it be just enough for people to leave?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 11, 2023
Zigzagman:
[right][/right]how do you differentiate one-off situations from habitual disrespect? at why point will it be just enough for people to leave?

IMHO, any form of disrespect, whether one off or habitual, would be a no-no. i dont need to teach people to respect me, because if they cant naturally respect me, then nothing i will teach them can fix that.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Zigzagman: 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
I saw the signs,but I was blinded by love.Just tell her you are broke even though you have money,allow her spend for you for sometime and see.As an experience master,here is a short story of what happened to me..I travelled all the way from state to assist my ex to house hunt,she gave me the transport to hold ,we dey waka follow agent to check one house and along the line ,me and my ex had an argument,do you know that this girl asked me to give her back all the remaining money she gave me ,down to the last penny,embarrased me in front of the agent.The man sef weak.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Zigzagman: 11:47am On Jul 12, 2023
why you sef dey try help ex house hunt? Na you cause am naa

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2023
Zigzagman:
why you sef dey try help ex house hunt? Na you cause am naa
maybe I did not write the story well,she was my babe at that time, I was helping her house hunt.we have broken up.Thats why I am referring to her as an Ex

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Zigzagman: 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
maybe I did not write the story well,she was my babe at that time, I was helping her house hunt.we have broken up.Thats why I am referring to her as an Ex

we hear you grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Dimaya: 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
Zigzagman:

we hear you grin grin grin

resist the urge to shalaye cheesy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Zigzagman: 11:04am On Jul 13, 2023
na so grin
Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by orjibra1: 11:58am On Jul 13, 2023
Feminists and preacher of female empowernments have done more harm than good

Zigzagman:
Marriage: Women decry a lack of financially eligible suitors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hWypHOGur8

According to the young women in the trending video below, a good man is hard to find, especially in this economy. There is a shortage of economically attractive men and this has contributed to battles for control in relationships in which the women outearn their men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Zigzagman: 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2023
orjibra1:

wahala for who turn feminist

4 Likes

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Dimaya: 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
orjibra1:

Female empowerment is much needed but we also shouldn't leave the boy child alone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Zigzagman: 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2023
Dimaya:

Female empowerment is much needed but we also shouldn't leave the boy child alone

i keep saying that after you finish all these female empowerment, who is going to marry all these empowered females? who?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Dimaya: 1:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
Zigzagman:

i keep saying that after you finish all these female empowerment, who is going to marry all these empowered females? who?

I also am wondering the same things

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Jman06(m): 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
Zigzagman:

The so called women empowerment is one reason fraud and corruption have persisted in Nigeria because men now resort to cutting corners in order to meet up with the demands of their supposedly empowered women.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Mindlog: 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
Dimaya:

Men should be in the fore front of empowering the boy child but little is being done in that direction as there is little or no intentionality in raising the male child in our sphere.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Zigzagman: 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
Mindlog:

Men should be in the fore front of empowering the boy child but little is being done in that direction as there is little or no intentionality in raising the male child in our sphere.

if you know the number of opportunities i have lost because I am not a woman. Na wa o undecided

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by Dimaya: 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
Jman06:
The so called women empowerment is one reason fraud and corruption have persisted in Nigeria because men now resort to cutting corners in order to meet up with the demands of their supposedly empowered women.

d matter get as e be o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Women Decry Lack Of Financially Eligible Suitors by ideamonster: 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2023
there's opportunity for everyone if you search for it. you can't live in your village and hope that opportunity will find you

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: "Your Money Is For You And Your Wife. But Her Money Is Not For You" / Promiscuous Dad / Annoying Attitudes Some Women Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.