Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,154 members, 7,867,355 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:30 PM

Please What Does This Act Mean? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please What Does This Act Mean? (1201 Views)

99.9% Of Ladies Are Guilty Of This Act (photo) / He Proposed To Her And All She Did Was Laugh! What Does This Mean? / Most Girls In Nigeria Are Guilty Of This Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Does This Act Mean? by OscarJ1(m): 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2011
Hello forumites,

I need you all to lend me your knowledge and advice on this pls cos i am a little confused as i have never experienced this before: what does it mean when a lady you have engaged breaks up with you and yet refuses to give you back your ring? i have never heard of such before, all i have heard is when such thing happens, the ring is returned back to the guy but in this case she didn't despite the request for the ring. is this a normal thing or am the one who is maybe thinking at large?

i need some education on this pls and also welcome your criticism and advice.

Eniola.
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by dastudent(m): 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2011
I see it only in American films.
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by omega25red(m): 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2011
an engagment ring is a conditional gift which is to be returned if the marriage doesn't happen. Take her to small claims court so a judge can order her to return the ring.

if the ring is not worth that much just let it go and forget her
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by Dyt(f): 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2011
U mean u want 2 collect d ring frn Durotimi n give it 2 Malomo?
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2011
Strange! Was it a very expensive ring? Diamond? Maybe she sees it as "just" a piece of Jewelry!  
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by seedord247(m): 8:41pm On Oct 05, 2011
She may be testing Your lost for her?
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by OscarJ1(m): 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2011
@Dyt, u r so hilarious where did u get dose 2 names frm lol
@omega u r very correct but i am not bothered abt the ring, my concern is what is her rational behind such act since she was the one that broke up with me?
@sexkillz, na wa for u o! its nt diamond, its gold and man trust me it cost me some money nau, loolz
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by slimyem: 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2011
even if she returns it,what would be its use?
Resell or give it to the next lucky chic?
It wouldnt be nice to give the real babe a second-hand ring, dont you think?
Let it go sweetie if its not diamond.
My cousin has like four engagement rings from four different guys(i no know wetin she dey use am do o).
In my opinion,its 'hungry' girls that do this stuff.
If i want to disengage you,you are getting back your ring on the spot.
Let go and smile.its just one of those things.
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2011
Oscar J:

@Dyt, u r so hilarious where did u get dose 2 names frm lol
@omega u r very correct but i am not bothered abt the ring, my concern is what is her rational behind such act since she was the one that broke up with me?
@sexkillz, na wa for u o! its nt diamond, its gold and man trust me it cost me some money nau, loolz
^^^Ok! Free am! make she carry her wahala with the ring dey go na! Abi? Or if she return am, you wan still use the same ring propose another chikala?  grin grin grin  
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 05, 2011
slimyem:

even if she returns it,what would be its use?
Resell or give it to the next lucky chic?
It wouldnt be nice to give the real babe a second-hand ring, dont you think?
Let it go sweetie if its not diamond.
My cousin has like four engagement rings from four different guys(i no know wetin she dey use am do o).
In my opinion,its 'hungry' girls that do this stuff.

If i want to disengage you,you are getting back your ring on the spot.
Let go and smile.its just one of those things.
So invariably, from your engagement theory, your cousin MUST be hungry! grin grin grin Chei! See kasala! grin grin grin

I haff die dead! grin grin grin
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by seedord247(m): 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2011
Mallam never finish for lagos naaww. . . . if she give you back let me know if you need the help of mallam to help you buy am i get so many location mallam.
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by omega25red(m): 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2011
Oscar J:

she is probably holding on to it as souvenir to show off when she talks with her friends as to how many suitors she has had or maybe she sold the ring and couldn't tell you so she broke up with you anyway we will never know just forget her
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by OscarJ1(m): 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2011
@sexkillz u r just so not a serz fellow i swear down.
@slimyem, i go wif u,
@Omega, u making alotta sense, but i remeber her telling me abt her ex somtime ago and she mentioned that she actually gave him back his ring, cos he lied to her. so why is my case diff na?
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by Freiburger(m): 9:39pm On Oct 05, 2011
She might be keeping it just to cover up for the time she wasted with you. You know most women's slogan is ''nothing goes for nothig''.
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by slimyem: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2011
sexkillz:

So invariably, from your engagement theory, your cousin MUST be hungry! grin grin grin Chei! See kasala! grin grin grin

I haff die dead! grin grin grin

she's not 'hungry' per se buh she acts hungry(though i cant tell her cuz she's older)
She's filled but never satisfied.you know those kinda gurls.dont you?
She planning to sell 'em when she's outta cash.see what i mean?
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by freecocoa(f): 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2011
Maybe she never break up with you finish,how come you are not even talking of how to win her back or are you fed up with her?
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2011
slimyem:

she's not 'hungry' per se buh she acts hungry(though i cant tell her cuz she's older)
She's filled but never satisfied.you know those kinda gurls.dont you?
She planning to sell 'em when she's outta cash.see what i mean?
Hmm! I get your point! I think she's disproportionately discombobulated! What do you think? cheesy
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by Freiburger(m): 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2011
sexkillz:

Hmm! I get your point! I think she's disproportionately discombobulated! What do you think? cheesy

Dis one pass meoooo grin grin grin cool cool cool
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by freecocoa(f): 10:19pm On Oct 05, 2011
Jeez stop with the discombu already.
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by kunmibola(m): 3:25am On Oct 06, 2011
@poster,to most ladies the engagement ring is a sign of resposibility and it commands respect for them, Once you see a lady with such ring you tend to believe that she's responsibly hooked. Hence, dnt blame d lady for refusing to return d ring cos she still wants to maintain the status of d responsibly hooked lady.
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by iice(f): 3:27am On Oct 06, 2011
Some people think the ring should remain with the woman even though the wedding didn't go through.  Sentimental reason mostly. 
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by Nobody: 4:12am On Oct 06, 2011
pls cos i am a little confused as i have never experienced this before: what does it mean when a lady you have engaged breaks up with you and yet refuses to give you back your ring?

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin

There's a first time for everything. She prolly pawned the ring by now.

Eniola, are you a male with a female name or a female with a male userID. Just curious.
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by MrsChima1(f): 4:34am On Oct 06, 2011
iice:

Some people think the ring should remain with the woman even though the wedding didn't go through.  Sentimental reason mostly. 

I hear you and I believe when a gift is offered and accepted then it belong to the person.  There is nothing stated anywhere that if marriage doesn't happen, the ring must go back.  In that case, everything that were given should be returned including sex and kisses. 

Now you see how dumb that sound?  Exactly. 

It may be sentimental for some folks but it just tacky to ask for a gift back just because it didn't work out or you are mad at the person.  Some women will return the ring because they want nothing to do with the ring or the person.
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by OscarJ1(m): 6:29am On Oct 06, 2011
I hear you and I believe when a gift is offered and accepted then it belong to the person.

i quite agree with you on the gift part but nt with an engagement ring my dear, an engagement ring is not a fashion ring that can be classified as a gift.

In that case, everything that were given should be returned including sex and kisses.

those 2 things can not and never be classified as a gift. maybe another analogy will do pls,

Some women will return the ring because they want nothing to do with the ring or the person. 

so what makes this particular statement of urs diff frm the argument on ground?? cos for me if some1 breaks up with another in a relationship that means they dont want to have nothing to do with the other party in any way, and am sure you will agree with me that an engagement ring is something that is meant to constantly remind the carrier that she is committed to someone in a bid of getting together to become husband and wife, so if it happens otherwise then i guess the ring that reminds you of that should be returned and trhat shows you are no longer committed to no1. kapish??
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by Freiburger(m): 10:08am On Oct 06, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I hear you and I believe when a gift is offered and accepted then it belong to the person.  There is nothing stated anywhere that if marriage doesn't happen, the ring must go back.  In that case, everything that were given should be returned including sex and kisses. 

shocked shocked shocked Another typical ''nothing goes for nothing'' woman.
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by itiswell1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 06, 2011
Op, I guess she is Slimyem's cousin. Probably she want to make yours the fifth with her
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2011
^lmao
Re: Please What Does This Act Mean? by switdick(m): 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2011
Oscar j you r so right, an engagement ring should not be taken as a mere gift,some girls sha! Its more like a civil tradition to return the ring when you aint accepting the proposal,why keep it?

(1) (Reply)

Whr Do I Get Wedding Ring In Lagos / What Makes Man Respect Ladies Most! / Poverty/wealth & Love: The Poor Love To Love, The Rich Love To Be Loved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.