Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,063 members, 7,835,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Is This A Form Of Calling From God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This A Form Of Calling From God? (291 Views)

Do I Need To Confirm My Calling From Many Prophets Before Starting My Ministry? / Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? / Daddy Freeze Tackles Pastor Funke Adejuwon For Calling Him A 'Fool, Idiot' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by dboY1123(m): 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2023
I dreamt that I was preaching heavily and quoting the Bible with ease I dont know where the verses came from, with so much great passion, preaching the word of God, and at the end of my preaching my heart was broken down and shattered into pieces and humbled and I wept heavily(I was holding a bible by my right hand).. and I was asked why I had eaten food and I said the spirit was Willing but the body was tasty..

A woman came to me after my preaching and later another man came I was taken to a church I dont know which church precisely and I could feel the load of holyspirit inside me giving me so much courage and boldness and I speaking in tongues as I was preaching and the first thing I heard in my mind was Life without God has no purpose..and tears rolled down freely from my eyes without wanting to cry...and I was scared of the life I am living.

When I woke up I typed it in my 'Note' app on my phone so I won't forget, that is where I copied it from.
This happened in February 10, 2022.. 03:22am ( when I woke up)

Meanwhile, I have been told by men of God who doesn't even know me very well that I will become a pastor.
I don't know who I am.. Help me discover myself please.
Somethings are strange about me, even if all my siblings visit our hometown, they hide me, even my mum told me somethings too that is so shocking before we lost her, as a result I didn't grow up in our hometown like my siblings, my case was like that of moses.

Please I need advice from deep rooted Christians here.
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by Wodu89: 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
Toor. Even by how you type you should be a preacher and a teacher.

Go and begin from hemanutics then expounding the word teaching, as you continue to evolve and develop, the Lord will build you thru the process. Focus on teaching ministry and find mentors only in this aspect of ministry this is where you calling is exactly. Teaching ..
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
dboY1123:
■ I dreamt that I was preaching heavily and quoting the Bible with ease I dont know where the verses came from, with so much great passion, preaching the word of God, and at the end of my preaching my heart was broken down and shattered into pieces and humbled and I wept heavily(I was holding a bible by my right hand).. and I was asked why I had eaten food and I said the spirit was Willing but the body was tasty..

A woman came to me after my preaching and later another man came I was taken to a church I dont know which church precisely and I could feel the load of holyspirit inside me giving me so much courage and boldness and I speaking in tongues as I was preaching and the first thing I heard in my mind was Life without God has no purpose..and tears rolled down freely from my eyes without wanting to cry...and I was scared of the life I am living.

When I woke up I typed it in my 'Note' app on my phone so I won't forget, that is where I copied it from.
This happened in February 10, 2022.. 03:22am ( when I woke up)

Meanwhile, I have been told by men of God who doesn't even know me very well that I will become a pastor.
I don't know who I am.. Help me discover myself please.
Somethings are strange about me, even if all my siblings visit our hometown, they hide me, even my mum told me somethings too that is so shocking before we lost her, as a result I didn't grow up in our hometown like my siblings, my case was like that of moses.

Please I need advice from deep rooted Christians here
What you has was a dream and not a God experience abeg! undecided
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by mariahAngel(f): 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
Listen to Apostle Joshua Selman's messages.
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by GanagiBitrus: 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2023
Submit yourself for mentorship, under any proven MoG. Dream alone is not enough to start a ministry.
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by LikeAking: 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2023
Colos!
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by LikeAking: 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2023
Colos!

We don't need more Mogs.
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Submit yourself for mentorship, under any proven MoG. Dream alone is not enough to start a ministry.
Lol... Religion is indeed the people's opium. undecided

God said submit and obey only Him, but here you advice another to submit and obey another man instead. lipsrsealed
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by GanagiBitrus: 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Lol... Religion is indeed the people's opium. undecided

God said submit and obey only Him, but here you advice another to submit and obey another man instead. lipsrsealed

Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands...
Oya, argue with this scripture too.
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Jul 09, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
■ Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands...
Oya, argue with this scripture too.
I don't follow. How does the above give you reason to damn God who said cursed is any man who puts his trust in another man, and make flesh and blood his role model -- Jeremiah 17 vs 5 -- , the God who said you cannot have two masters in the Kingdom of God meaning you cannot have Him as Teacher while you at same time submit to a man. lipsrsealed

By the way, Ephesians 5 vs 22 violates Jesus Christ who jnstead decreed that all are equals in the Kingdom of God and that no man can have two masters. undecided
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by GanagiBitrus: 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I don't follow. How does the above give you reason to damn God who said cursed is any man who puts his trust in another man, and make flesh and blood his role model -- Jeremiah 17 vs 5 -- , the God who said you cannot have two masters in the Kingdom of God meaning you cannot have Him as Teacher while you at same time submit to a man. lipsrsealed

By the way, Ephesians 5 vs 22 violates Jesus Christ who jnstead decreed that all are equals in the Kingdom of God and that no man can have two masters. undecided
Let's keep it simple before it gets complicated. "Submit" in my comment meant the young man should humble himself to be mentored in Ministry by a more experienced MoG.
It never implied he should bow down or worship anyone.
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
■ Let's keep it simple before it gets complicated. "Submit" in my comment meant the young man should humble himself to be mentored in Ministry by a more experienced MoG. It never implied he should bow down or worship anyone.
But God made clear that you are only to humble yourself to Him and Him alone. To worship God is to submit to and obey/humble yourself to God. So when you humble yourself to a man instead of God alone, you already worship man and not God. undecided
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by GanagiBitrus: 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But God made clear that you are only to humble yourself to Him and Him alone. To worship God is to submit to and obey/humble yourself to God. So when you humble yourself to a man instead of God alone, you already worship man and not God. undecided
Hope you are not pulling my legs, because I'm trying to catch your drift.
Maybe you're not comfortable with Submit & Humble.
OK, the young man should first get mentored by someone more experienced in Ministry.
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Jul 09, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Hope you are not pulling my legs, because I'm trying to catch your drift.
Maybe you're not comfortable with Submit & Humble.
OK, the young man should first get mentored by someone more experienced in Ministry
Oh, I am comfortable with submitting and humbling myself onto God - John 14 vs 15 - 23 & John 15 vs 9 - 14. The same God warned that those who submit and humble themselves instead to men are cursed. - Jeremiah 17 vs 5 - 11. undecided
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by GanagiBitrus: 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I am comfortable with submitting and humbling myself onto God - John 14 vs 15 - 23 & John 15 vs 9 - 14. The same God warned that those who submit and humble themselves instead to men are cursed. - Jeremiah 17 vs 5 - 11. undecided

Interesting!
The 2 scriptures you cited have nothing to do with submission & humility.
1st is about keeping Christ's Commandments.
2nd is about putting your trust in God & not man.

Bro, it's not only God you are expected to submit to. Elders & those in authority are included.
Consider these:
1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Interesting! The 2 scriptures you cited have nothing to do with submission & humility. 1st is about keeping Christ's Commandments.
2nd is about putting your trust in God & not man.
■ Bro, it's not only God you are expected to submit to. Elders & those in authority are included.
Consider these: 1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; 1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
Obedience means humility and requires submission/Trust in the one you have chosen to obey. So both clearly inform you about who you to trust/submit to and obey/humble yourself to. undecided

2. If you don't first fully understand and grasp God's Law, you cannot then understand ideas that are meant to be on the foundation that is God's Law. undecided

Anyways, I think I have made clear that what God and Jesus Christ said is that submission and obedience is to God and God alone. No other masters allowed in the Kingdom of God . undecided
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by GanagiBitrus: 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Obedience means humility and requires submission/Trust in the one you have chosen to obey. So both clearly inform you about who you to trust/submit to and obey/humble yourself to. undecided

2. If you don't first fully understand and grasp God's Law, you cannot then understand ideas that are meant to be on the foundation that is God's Law. undecided

Anyways, I think I have made clear that what God and Jesus Christ said is that submission and obedience is to God and God alone. No other masters allowed in the Kingdom of God . undecided

Goodnight Bro.
Re: Is This A Form Of Calling From God? by dboY1123(m): 9:17am On Jul 10, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Ok..thank You very much.
I really have to do that.

(1) (Reply)

The Doomsayers. / What Should A Man Who Has 3 Wives Do After He Becomes Born Again. / Jesus Is The Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.