Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage (9758 Views)

Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. / What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by ATEAMS: 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
Lol
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by Macgyver1: 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2023
Fg jobs makes it easy to access loan and health insurance in most cases.
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by TUTU147: 12:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
As long as no be any uniform job, uniform job have no respect for marriage.

1 Like

Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by Ajione(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2023
ProfXena2025:
Can you reject a federal government job in another state, because of marriage.

If you are doing well in your business you can reject the FG job. But if otherwise dont let the job go.
You need money to take good care of your family.
Have been searching for this job since but no way.
please don't take it for granted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by TheBTCinvestor: 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dikastan:
Wetin dey inside federal job? Federal job I am planning to dump. Business is the sure plug if you want to be rich and comfortable in this country

I dey do FG job..maybe na useless parastatal u dey hahahhaa.. grin
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by TUTU147: 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
pweeryambre:
One has to relocate , apply for transfer after your appointment is confirmed. Federal govt work encourages family reunion. Its not the best at the moment, but its much better than most that have nothing doing also easy to access loans if you want to starts some side business. So you win.
That is if it is the woman that is doing the job not the man, most federal government job don't have respect for marriage most especially police, military and paramilitary.
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by Donchieli: 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
Till sumtin lyk Corona virus comes up again
And you are made to lock up for months

Business is only sure
When ya business is really big

If na push to start or start and push later

Den you still need the Federal Gig so de can compliment each oda

Dikastan:
Wetin dey inside federal job? Federal job I am planning to dump. Business is the sure plug if you want to be rich and comfortable in this country
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by VIKTO83(m): 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
Someone i know spent 50k to adjust her NIN in regards age.
She paid 120k so shell be shortlisted for FRSC.

Her name was finally shortlisted then d family people said she's not taking d job that she has to stay with her husband.

Don't ask me what the husband does because ur instinct should tell u already that husband
doesn't earn up to 40k monthly
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by TUTU147: 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
labake1:
No, I can't. We will decide to meet every weekend and do plenty of calls and texting. Marriage shouldn't affect your career.

Las las understanding matters
That is why you have to chose one, marriage or career.
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by akpunda86: 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
ProfXena2025:

Funny question but good question. my own case wife was given a fake appointment letter, she abandoned family relocated to Abuja, now dawn on her she been duped, remembers she has a family, well I rejected her for u to leave me once u will leave me again.
On couples planning to relocate maybe one partner plan it but I tell you cheating must occur

1 Like

Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by lascos912(m): 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2023
shey ogun wan kill the woman ni
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by Xammie001(m): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2023
God forbid
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by Xammie001(m): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2023
GOD WILL NOT ALLOW ME REJECT IT FOR ANY REASON

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by SIRG120: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
Klass99:
Hell no! When I am not menting? cheesy

It is not so much about a federal government job for me, it is more about the peace of mind and security which comes from having a reliable and steady income.

Peace of mind and security, which sadly, I don't think marriage reliably offers or provides, like we have been conditioned to believe as young girls/women.

My financial, spiritual, mental, emotional and overall well being matters to me more than marriage does. Dem no use marriage swear for me.

A good job with any reputable/successful organisation (not just a federal govt job) will benefit me more than a typical Nigerian marriage as we know it. Where the adulterous and polygamous by nature people think they can do and undo, and nothing will happen.
Haba.... Be calming down Sister.... From your write up one could tell that all is not well..... It seem as though you've endured a lot and has been looking for an avenue to express yourself......If you married your friend ,that spouse of yours will always come first before any federal Job whatsoever......
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by fabulous0156(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dikastan:

Give me link I want that federal government job
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by ehissi(m): 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dikastan:

Better hold the job oooh!! Until the business you setup is strong enough to support your lifestyle else.........the business will just become a townhall that is different from........

1 Like

Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by opera1(m): 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
Job first. If you marry without job or money, you will be useless to your wife and yourself.
You can also combined business with the FG job self.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by labake1(f): 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
TUTU147:
That is why you have to chose one, marriage or career.

Career then
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by dododawa1: 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
Food first
Marriage second
Use your brain

1 Like

Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by crossbreedwears(m): 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
You this bastard again?!
FalseProphet1:
As a prophet, I'll give it to one of my members and demand that he/she pays me 30% tithes every month.

This I have seen.
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by Klass99(f): 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by LegallyBlunt: 1:56pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dikastan:
Pride. Leave the job already. Same job that has helped you save some money. Wetin person wey never get job go talk?
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by askakim(m): 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2023
My wife rejected a federal job in a home state while we were preparing to get married...she said it's too early to be far from me... I thank God for that wise decision
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by Pat081: 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
No I can never do that after marriage what are we going to eat & anything can happen to the husband what will the wife and the children eat or live on to
ProfXena2025:

1 Like

Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by iamL(f): 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
If na woman dey ask this kind question that means na play she dey play.

Capital No for me.
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by Kemadealadire(f): 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
NO.
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by Jackson619007: 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by Jackson619007: 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
They have the same thing in common, they are both like a prison, both have Advantages and disadvantages, much stress and little gain, sometimes gain, most times losses.
Soo both of em are not that important this days, self-employed is now looking better, marriage isn't by force but by will.
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by Mwanamume(m): 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
Klass99:
Hell no! When I am not menting? cheesy

It is not so much about a federal government job for me, it is more about the peace of mind and security which comes from having a reliable and steady income.

Peace of mind and security, which sadly, I don't think marriage reliably offers or provides, like we have been conditioned to believe as young girls/women.

My financial, spiritual, mental, emotional and overall well being matters to me more than marriage does.

A good job with any reputable/successful organisation (not just a federal govt job) will benefit me more than a typical Nigerian marriage as we know it. Where the adulterous and polygamous by nature people think they can do and undo, and nothing will happen.
I know how pained you are but most times,things are not really the way there seem..though I agree that your wellbeing is key but being married to the "right person" is more key and will readily change this narrative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by Dagger111(m): 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
labake1:
No, I can't. We will decide to meet every weekend and do plenty of calls and texting. Marriage shouldn't affect your career.

Las las understanding matters

And sex chatting, and sharing hot n*des.
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by fortunechy(m): 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2023
It depends on these factors : location, job position and salary...
Re: Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage by mauchiz: 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
Your marriage needs that job, is not good dependent, anything can happen tomorrow.
We don't pray for bad thing, but shit happens.

Just sort it out with your partner.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Data Collection Agent / AB-inBev/SABMILLER UTILITIES OPERATOR SALARY / Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.