Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden (24707 Views)

Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) / Richard Barrons: NATO Is Not Ready For War With Russia / Russia Threatens Finland After They Declares Plan To Join NATO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by ibnquasale(m): 8:23pm On Jul 09, 2023
Masterviolence:
grin
Premature

All this noise will not be heard after that summit in Lithuania.

Ukraine joining NATO is all but a dream, there's a reason over 30 countries don't want to go to war with Russia.

Alone, no country can win a war against Russia conventionally, yet Ukraine decide to fight against them for an outsider.

The pace of this war was decided in the beginning by Putin and Russia, because taking over Ukraine in the beginning would've been a grave mistake for the Russians, a borden too heavy to carry.
Also killing while fighting against your own people is easier said than done.

The phase of this war now is for Ukrainians to go to the Frontlines and die.

You people will just hide behind laptop and be typing nonsense.

Is it this same Russian or another one? A lot of country that can finish this Russia are out there, they just feel it’s not necessary to put their hand into an unnecessary war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Demolakay: 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2023
God1000:
I agree with Biden, the timing is wrong.

At least this war should be over before any of such discussion, but what can Putin do if Ukraine joins NATO now? Nothing

I salute the unwavering support of the Biden administration for Ukraine, the invaders should pull out and go back home.

Putin should be more concerned about the cracks in his government, he won't survive another mutiny.

The invasion of Ukraine has further enlarged NATO with Finland membership and Sweden very soon, so what's the point of this senseless war? it has turned counterproductive.

Self deluding Western puppets.
Russia has annexed Luhansk,Donetsk,Zaporizhia,Etc. Even USA nd NATO cannot take it from Dem, unless dey voluntarily decides to pull out.

Thinking Russia will can b defeated in Ukraine,is expecting water frm a rock.

Pls stop playing.

5 Likes

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Peppysco: 8:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hmmmm, this life eee, don't ever let them egbon adugbos push you inside wahala because when kasala burst, everybody go Kawa. After giving Ukraine false hope, arming them and mobilizing NATO countries to play CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2nd round matches against Russia in Ukraine, you now tell them they're no longer fit for the competition again, isn't that double standard from the U.S? Na the Zelensky idiot I pity, he allowed himself to be used as a pawn in the war game between Russia and U.S

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by IamPlato(m): 8:30pm On Jul 09, 2023
God1000:

At least this war should be over before any of such discussion, but what can Putin do if Ukraine joins NATO now? Nothing

I salute the unwavering support of the Biden administration for Ukraine, the invaders should pull out and go back home.

Putin should be more concerned about the cracks in his government, he won't survive another mutiny.

The invasion of Ukraine has further enlarged NATO with Finland membership and Sweden very soon, so what's the point of this senseless war? it has turned counterproductive.
dey play...

Over 300k Ukraine soldiers are dead, less than 50k russian soldiers are dead.

If you think the loser here is Putin, you are uneducated of the truth.

It appears you don't even know the purpose of the war.

Because of NATO wanting to sign in Ukraine is the reason for the war.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by IamPlato(m): 8:32pm On Jul 09, 2023
Masterviolence:

Which wall?
When Russia, their elder brother was telling them that what they were doing is wrong and there are repercussions they didn't listen, they believed in the reassurance from the west in armaments and Intel.

The reason Ukraine still have a voice to speak is because there is no Stalin-like president in Russia.

Putin is just so lenient, they should thank God for that because they would've been bombarded from the surface of the earth if Stalin is the current president of Russia.
the person you are replying knows nothing about the war. Stop wasting your time

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Kobicove(m): 8:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
God1000:
Lol. did I say God isn't real

As for Ukraine not joining NATO, it will surely happen, they've been pushed to the wall

So they waited for their country to be destroyed by a needless war before realizing all this? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by owolabi5: 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2023
CAR PAPERS
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Kobicove(m): 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
IamPlato:
dey play...

Over 300k Ukraine soldiers are dead, less than 50k russian soldiers are dead.

If you think the loser here is Putin, you are uneducated of the truth.

It appears you don't even know the purpose of the war.

Because of NATO wanting to sign in Ukraine is the reason for the war.

I think he relies only on fake news propaganda from CNN undecided

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by gassbee: 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
Masterviolence:

Which wall?
When Russia, their elder brother was telling them that what they were doing is wrong and there are repercussions they didn't listen, they believed in the reassurance from the west in armaments and Intel.

The reason Ukraine still have a voice to speak is because there is no Stalin-like president in Russia.

Putin is just so lenient, they should thank God for that because they would've been bombarded from the surface of the earth if Stalin is the current president of Russia.
which stalin, the one that US and Nato allies tamed
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Kobicove(m): 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2023
Peppysco:
Hmmmm, this life eee, don't ever let them egbon adugbos push you inside wahala because when kasala burst, everybody go Kawa. After giving Ukraine false hope, arming them and mobilizing NATO countries to play CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2nd round matches against Russia in Ukraine, you now tell them they're no longer fit for the competition again, isn't that double standard from the U.S? Na the Zelensky idiot I pity, he allowed himself to be used as a pawn in the war game between Russia and U.S

That Zelensky idiot is truly a comedian who has absolutely no business being president of a country!

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by royalfly(m): 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2023
Slynation:

Oshey Captain American...!! Why haven't you defended Nigeria, is Nigeria not your country... grin grin

Or are you telling us you are comfortable with the condition of Nigeria.

Truth is, nobody likes nigeria the way it us but let gahna or let's say south Africa attack nigeria, would u run so that ur already half surviving family wil survive? Well for me, I will fight to death. This is not about captain America but about my person. We are too somehow in this country. If I was a Ukrainian, I will be in the fore front of the war.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by royalfly(m): 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2023
Peppysco:

Nobody pushed him. Please u all should stop all ya conspiracy theories, look at facts and what really happened. No president would have done less. See that zelensky is a man u should pray to be like. This war will end, and indentations to come Russia will never wake up to say they will rush into Ukraine for war. We pray for peace, make I slap u if u nor go slap back , all hail Ukraine.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by jamalnation(m): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2023
Omicron007:
When it comes to international politics, God1000 is a chronic ass-licker of the west.
I take his views with a pinch of salt.
I have consistently told him to avoid CNN.
he has been brainwashed
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by teemy(m): 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2023
Kobicove:

So they waited for their country to be destroyed by a needless war before realizing all this? undecided

Let's not be so fast to believe US will backtrack on Ukraine-NATO deal. Elections are coming and the majority of Americans don't want a war with Russia. It might just be a stalling move till after the elections.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by musicwriter(m): 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2023
But he also indicated he believes that China’s overarching goal is to become the largest economic and military power in the world.

“China has enormous potential capacity, but enormous problems as well,” he said. “I think there’s a way we can work through this.”

Biden warned Chinese President Xi Jinping against providing more support to Russia in its war against Ukraine, he added, emphasizing the economic blow if American corporations pulled out of the nation at the same pace as they have in Russia.

The above quote is the default mindset of the Western culture. They always want to be the leader and would go ahead to put you down if necessary. That's exactly the type of signal we'll get in Africa from the West any day we actually begin to get our problems solved.

It's a wake up call to some of you my fellow Africans who believes we'll somehow develop by working with white people. If in fact we get something right, they'll get curious and offended.

I remember Bill Gates in Nigeria giving a speech the other day and saying we would develop by having our best brains overseas. And people were clapping for him!!

They'll say and do anything to keep you dumb, then rip you off.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Ezyp(m): 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2023
God1000:
Lol, cheesy you know I'm always right bro

But bro honestly you are not. Watch this video below.

https://rumble.com/v2x3hss-this-is-how-natos-war-on-russia-has-failed-w-scott-ritter.html
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Peppysco: 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2023
Kobicove:

That Zelennsky idiot is truly a comedian who has absolutely no business being president of a country!

This war is needless if only he understood the intentions of the WEST from the start. Russia gave room for negotiations but the U.S. gave Ukraine false security assurance.
Now, they're abandoning the country at its weakest point. What's the gain for Ukraine now if after the war, dem still loose and nor even fit join N.A.T.O? I swear, Biden just run dem scam to weaken Russia and to market America's Military Industrial Complex ( don't know if I got the name right) just to make Ukraine hugely indebted to her and the IMF.
Years down the line, Zelensky will regret his romance with NATO and the U.S eventually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Osariemen12: 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2023
Long live Vladimir Osazuwa Oghogho Odion Putin.

God bless Mother Russia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by greggng: 8:56pm On Jul 09, 2023
This is one comment i don't expect to hear from.biden or any nato member. If indeed they want this war to end ...the time for Ukraine to join nato is now ..Just yesterday some countries where against USA supplying cluster bomb Ukraine..I could remember vividly what Biden said to support the move . He said Ukraine is running out of ammunition...so there is need to keep the going pending the supply of more ammunition.

Another general argued that already cluster bomb has been used by both countries...so is not a new thing . He supported his claim by the fact that Russia has mined a good number of area they occupied. Making it difficult to penetrate ...

When a Russia diploma was contacted he said America and nato is making it difficult for Ukraine to compromise . I.laughed loud after listening to him...you are invading and stealing someone's land ...you still.want him to compromise ...so that in the nearest future ...you continue to steal untill the country disappears on the surface of the earth...Russia is the aggressor...while Ukraine is the victim. .Everyone knows that is better to fight this war once and for all than to postpone the doom days . This war would have been over if not for the fear of Russia nuclear weapon. They are not the only country with sane weapon...but they are the ones threaten others.

Nato should understand that the best they ca give Ukraine is nato membership . This will enable Russia to stay away from Ukraine...Already putin knows the consequences of attacking a nato country. The events of past two weeks has show.tjat.putin is not strong ...He took refuge in his bunker when the wagner man was approach . Imagine what will happen to putin if nato decides to attack him...No amount of arm will stop putin from fighting ...the only thing thst can stop him.is making Ukraine a member if nato ..This should take immediate effect . Nato members should be preparing for a nuclear war ...putin doesn't have monopoly of violence . If he fails to end the war...then other people will train his children.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Kaytixy: 8:56pm On Jul 09, 2023
God1000:

dey speak English

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by zinaunreal(m): 9:00pm On Jul 09, 2023
Then what's the whole eccense of the war

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by fijiano202(m): 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2023
Its sad that Biden is basically admitting what we said when the War started ..Soon NATO will stop supporting Ukraine Because Now They understand Russia is mot easy to battle against

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Slynation(m): 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2023
royalfly:

Truth is, nobody likes nigeria the way it us but let gahna or let's say south Africa attack nigeria, would u run so that ur already half surviving family wil survive? Well for me, I will fight to death. This is not about captain America but about my person. We are too somehow in this country. If I was a Ukrainian, I will be in the fore front of the war.
Nobi lie shaah...
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Masterviolence: 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2023
lawrenzooo:

Correction: nobody wins in a war. The loss is just more on one side. Trust me even Russia don't want to go to war with NATO and vice versa
Read up what you wrote again.

Don't be deceived by folly narratives.
If we go by that narrative, then we all will foolishly say the Soviet union and it allies did not win in WW2 because they suffered the most losses.

Be honorable my friend.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by successman100: 9:08pm On Jul 09, 2023
Surely, Russia will be disappointed because, some of those old weapons will fail Putin in NATO confrontation.
Russia is being sorounded by NATO allies.
How many cardinal points can Russia face and fight at a time?
Russia is like one theif with a gun, facing 34 police with a gun. One trigger, one down. But you will receive 33 triggers in that same minute.
Putin is still living in the past. We are now in the era of friendship and tourism as a global village.
Russia has only 2 aircraft carriers.
One NATO member has 12.
Fighting America in the air is suicidal.
Puting should learn from;
Hitler, Sadam, Gadhafi etc.
Drop the ego of KJB and say sorry because of innocent people of the world.
And that includes you.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by correctguy101(m): 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2023
LibertyRep:
You say what? At what point did they know it's premature?
After thousands have been killed in the war?

May we not be unfortunate to be used as guinea pigs for proxy wars.

It's all political jargon...

The main points in his jargons are glaring.

The arrogance of proclaiming they'd continue supplying Ukraine whatever weaponry they could spare, even cluster bombs, yet warning others about any sort of support to the Russians.....smh

I dislike such hypocrisy,.. Still wondering why they just don't want to go h2h ...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Peppysco: 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2023
royalfly:

Nobody pushed him. Please u all should stop all ya conspiracy theories, look at facts and what really happened. No president would have done less. See that zelensky is a man u should pray to be like. This war will end, and indentations to come Russia will never wake up to say they will rush into Ukraine for war. We pray for peace, make I slap u if u nor go slap back , all hail Ukraine.
You call this a conspiracy, after the U.S, the biggest factor in this war game just mentioned that Ukraine wouldn't be joining N.A.T.O as earlier promised, conspiracy must have a new meaning now. You expect me to be a man like Zelensky, nah, wouldn't do that. Won't trade the lives of my citizens for Western approvals, never. You also said Russia wouldn't attempt to attack Ukraine again, you're wrong, it will continue to, even if Putin is no longer the president. This war will never end, not anytime soon, the Israel and Palestine factor will always play out here.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Masterviolence: 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2023
gassbee:
which stalin, the one that US and Nato allies tamed
Read up history.

He is only Honored because of the victory of the Soviet in WW2.

Stalin is the most powerful dictator in history after Hitler.
Let me believe you don't know the meaning of the word tame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by justmondris: 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
Them done use Ukraine head finish

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by searchlight: 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
God1000:

Ukraine can not join NATO because of fear of Russia and Biden knows this. If Ukraine joins NATO in this Middle of the war it automatically means that NATO and Russia are going to fight which will lead to nuclear war. Is US and NATO ready for nuclear war against Russia? I doubt that.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Masterviolence: 9:20pm On Jul 09, 2023
ibnquasale:

You people will just hide behind laptop and be typing nonsense.

Is it this same Russian or another one? A lot of country that can finish this Russia are out there, they just feel it’s not necessary to put their hand into an unnecessary war.
Please name those countries that can finish Russia.

In a conventional warfare the only country that can challenge Russia is the u.s.
The only problem is that the invader will be crushed, be it Russia or the u.s.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds / President Trump Never Said Nigerians Live In Huts - White House Says / Why France Is Angry About The US And UK Giving Australia Nuclear Submarines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.