Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden (24689 Views)

Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) / Richard Barrons: NATO Is Not Ready For War With Russia / Russia Threatens Finland After They Declares Plan To Join NATO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Kingsnairaland(m): 5:19am On Jul 10, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

The point is that, why didn’t Putin attack Finland on the verge of joining NATO? Cos if Putin wants to justify the way in Ukraine, he needs to attack Finland too.
i already explained it and you still did not get it wow.... If you live near your enemy at home and he kills other people far away with gas I hope you know he won't use that gas in his compound that you live near by even if he hates you... I don't know if you get this analogy.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Myer(m): 5:23am On Jul 10, 2023
God1000:
I agree with Biden, the timing is wrong.

At least this war should be over before any of such discussion, but what can Putin do if Ukraine joins NATO now? Nothing

I salute the unwavering support of the Biden administration for Ukraine, the invaders should pull out and go back home.

Putin should be more concerned about the cracks in his government, he won't survive another mutiny.

The invasion of Ukraine has further enlarged NATO with Finland membership and Sweden very soon, so what's the point of this senseless war? it has turned counterproductive.

How do we forget so easily that US is not after the interest of any country but theirs?
War is simply business to US. Can you imagine how much US is making from this Russia-Ukraine war?

Yes, Russia has no right to dictate to Ukraine what body to join or not. However their concern is note-worthy if you understand the history between USSR and USA.

I sincerely hope Zelenskyy and Putin come to Peace terms as Zelenskyy comes to realise that their common enemy is USA and not each other.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Badassniggga(m): 5:50am On Jul 10, 2023
Masterviolence:

Which wall?
When Russia, their elder brother was telling them that what they were doing is wrong and there are repercussions they didn't listen, they believed in the reassurance from the west in armaments and Intel.

The reason Ukraine still have a voice to speak is because there is no Stalin-like president in Russia.

Putin is just so lenient, they should thank God for that because they would've been bombarded from the surface of the earth if Stalin is the current president of Russia.
I do tell those idiøts that they better pray Putin continues as president of Russia otherwise the next leader might be a hothead like Stalin who could turn the whole of Ukraine into a wasteland and there's nothing anyone would do other than make noise in their media and sanctions and if they believe US will risk their beautiful cities in a nuclear war for ukraine, then I could probably sell them a planet in space 🌌.

The idea of Ukraine defeating Russia no matter what weapons given to her is just impossible. Not even the US can defeat Russia on the battlefield. Counteroffensive after how many weeks couldn't do shyte and they're hoping for Ukraine to liberate their lands lol 😂

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Karnice600: 6:35am On Jul 10, 2023
Masterviolence:
grin
Premature

All this noise will not be heard after that summit in Lithuania.

Ukraine joining NATO is all but a dream, there's a reason over 30 countries don't want to go to war with Russia.

Alone, no country can win a war against Russia conventionally, yet Ukraine decide to fight against them for an outsider.

The pace of this war was decided in the beginning by Putin and Russia, because taking over Ukraine in the beginning would've been a grave mistake for the Russians, a borden too heavy to carry.
Also killing while fighting against your own people is easier said than done.

The phase of this war now is for Ukrainians to go to the Frontlines and die.
112 likes from 112 sadists.., still counting as other morrrons are joining the queue
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by djseanjohn77: 6:47am On Jul 10, 2023
LibertyRep:
You say what? At what point did they know it's premature?
After thousands have been killed in the war?

May we not be unfortunate to be used as guinea pigs for proxy wars.

America is a user, they use you and dump you, Zelensky is a comedian, he thinks war is a child's play. Imagine a country that has no capacity to produce her own weapons, but only depends on begging for ammunitions to fight war, staging a stand-off with Russia all because US promised to stand by them (proxy war). In all the countries that US have used as proxies to wage war in the past, they are soon left in the middle of nowhere. For how long can he (Zelensky) continue to beg? Supposing another president comes in as US president today and says, we are no more supplying weapons to Ukraine. And as confirmed, US is sending cluster bomb now, because they are fast running out of rounds themselves, and no country would want to touch their own reserves. In one way, US also was deceived in what they think was Russia's storage capacity, no wonder they projected that by May 2022, Russia would have ran out of munitions. Russia has not only doubled up on firing power, but have increased production in such a pace that no one can match. Aside what is promoted on Western news daily, I have opportunity to watch the devastation been carried out by Russia on Ukraine soil daily on telegram channels. The West has clamped down on any media promoting or revealing the true state of the war. When Russia says they did this, they have a receipt of video evidence to show for it. All what the west channels are promoting is mere propaganda, that's why i am not moved and no longer rely on them for facts on the war. Ukrain is bleeding. I have seen thousands of clips, yet it is reasonable for any of their soldiers to speak facts on the war, the few that did has been clamped down, even most of the western elite supporters (mercineries) are quietly exiting.

One guy said, while advancing, they are not even face to face with the enemies, but are receiving massive shellings and attacks from all angles. It's like fighting ghosts, that's how strong the Russians have grown in the phases of the war. The West are testing their weapons, and so far, all their much revered weapons have all burnt to ashes in Ukraine... The other weapon US are yet to deploy are their fighter jets and submarines. All other ground fighting weapons that they tagged indestructible have all burned.

It is also evident that all the sanctions against Russia has failed to achieve it's intended target, as, not only do Russia have other means of getting the needed hardware, but production have increased. Kiev cannot back out now and call for peace, it will be a disgrace to Zelensky, Biden, Borris Johnson and all others. Macron has seen where the war is going, hence, he is seeking alliance with the BRICS. At the end of the day, aside security guarantees, Ukraine will not get NATO membership, they will most likely remain indebted to all the countries that supplied them weapons. Whatever US is supplying them today is not for free, they will pay back someday, and rebuilding their country from ruins will take century.

I will not be surprised if at the end of the day, Ukraine is left alone. NATO sole reason of alliance is to conquer Russia and the rest of the world. The main agenda is to control resources in the rest of the world, control price, threaten anyone one who does not comply with sanctions. NATO, then G7...groups where members are not equal, while some control the affairs and make laws, others just follow, whether it is the right thing to do or not. If tomorrow, more evil leaders arise in NATO as is the affairs of man from time immemorial, they will use their "almighty power" to do anything they so wish, no one dare question them.

Gradually, I see Rev 18: 19Then they will throw dust on their heads as they weep and mourn and cry out: “Woe, woe to the great city, where all who had ships on the sea were enriched by her wealth! For in a single hour she has been destroyed.”21 Then a mighty angel picked up a stone the size of a great millstone and cast it into the sea, saying: “With such violence the great city of Babylon will be cast down, never to be seen again. 22And the sound of harpists and musicians, of flute players and trumpeters, will never ring out in you again. Nor will any craftsmen of any trade be found in you again, nor the sound of a millstone be heard in you again. 23The light of a lamp will never shine in you again, and the voices of a bride and bridegroom will never call out in you again. For your merchants were the great ones of the earth, because all the nations were deceived by your sorcery.”

The whole world today needs guarantee, survival, everything and everyone running for protection under US and it's allies. But on the other hand, gradually, everything spoken of in Revelation is gradually unfolding. The G7 - (The dragon with 7 heads) The seven-headed beast with its ten crowns has been interpreted as the demonic and powerful authority of the state. As it says in Revelation, "They worshipped (not necessarily bowing down, but as seen today, everyone worships US, see them as almighty )- the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him . . . And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by maasoap(m): 6:50am On Jul 10, 2023
royalfly:

What are u saying? He should have left his country to rot? Because Nigerians no nothing about patriotism. This war is not about zelenski or what u call him but about the sovereignty of Ukraine. I will defend my village with my last blood if u attack her. What nonsense.

Even after you read what Biden said? Zelensky should have known better than to poke tiger in the eye. He shouldn't have provoked Russia, no any superpower nation would allow its neighbours to open doors for its enemies

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by God1000(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2023
Myer:

How do we forget so easily that US is not after the interest of any country but theirs?
War is simply business to US. Can you imagine how much US is making from this Russia-Ukraine war?

Yes, Russia has no right to dictate to Ukraine what body to join or not. However their concern is note-worthy if you understand the history between USSR and USA.

I sincerely hope Zelenskyy and Putin come to Peace terms as Zelenskyy comes to realise that their common enemy is USA and not each other.
Lol, how can you call US the common enemy of Ukraine here, that's funny.

It is also laughable to say US is making money from this war, do you know how much US alone has spent on humanitarian aid and shipping weapons to Ukraine since the war started last year, billions of dollars

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by maasoap(m): 7:07am On Jul 10, 2023
royalfly:

What are u saying? He should have left his country to rot? Because Nigerians no nothing about patriotism. This war is not about zelenski or what u call him but about the sovereignty of Ukraine. I will defend my village with my last blood if u attack her. What nonsense.

A smart leader with wisdom would have known beter than to allow the invasion to take place. We all knew that Zelensky provoked Russia with assurance that NATO would welcome him as soon as possible. Look at how it turned out for him! If he had known that this is how it was going to turn out, he wouldn't have pushed Russia to wall.
His aim was to join NATO, now that hope is gone! We knew it all along but he didn't want to believe that. Now, he knows. What next for him?
Even USA miscalculated about Russia running out of weapons soon just because of the sanctions here and there.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Karnice600: 7:09am On Jul 10, 2023
IamPlato:
dey play...

Over 300k Ukraine soldiers are dead, less than 50k russian soldiers are dead.

If you think the loser here is Putin, you are uneducated of the truth.

It appears you don't even know the purpose of the war.

Because of NATO wanting to sign in Ukraine is the reason for the war.

Stand up look into the mirror, repeat what you just said and see how stupid you look. Follow follow.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by zinaunreal(m): 7:09am On Jul 10, 2023
For Ukraine not to join nato is just a waste of lives I swear. If I'm Ukraine president I go just negotiate with Russia and charge EU to fix my country back. Nonsense
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Karnice600: 7:25am On Jul 10, 2023
Regex:

I think the US is overrated. Personally China could deal a blow but then again, these two conduct military service together.
US is overrated...Coming from an underdeveloped mind.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Lovenorth: 7:26am On Jul 10, 2023
Ukraine a premature country wants to fight mature country Russia grin

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by kutashi: 7:32am On Jul 10, 2023
NwaNimo1:
Zelenski....how market?

30% of his country effectively gone!
Considerable destruction of Ukraine Infrastructure.
Population already halved.
Their youth are dieing daily.
One idiot defence minister said at press conference that "now is the time for West to test their weapon" on Ukraine and lol, Us had answered their call with cluster bombs!

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Karnice600: 7:38am On Jul 10, 2023
todugo:

Una two dey misyarn. The truth of the matter is that America and NATO decieved Zelensky by persuading him to Join offering him money and the mumu agree. Now look at what he has turn his country into because of selfish greed.

What NATO want was to establish it military warhead close to Russia; it's like your enemy forming a camp around your gate.

Putin warned Zelensky but he was strongheaded and is now being used like a puppet. Ukraine is already gone as a country it's now a warzone for the nuclear warheads to test strength grin grin

Guy, this is not sports betting or Linda ikeji gist. Its not Davido's , Burnaboy's or wizkid’s latest hits.
Its global politics. Don't come up here to dine with plastic wares. You're lost and worse than stupid here.
Stop embarrassing the male gender.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Khyrvxjzy: 7:42am On Jul 10, 2023
Masterviolence:

Which wall?
When Russia, their elder brother was telling them that what they were doing is wrong and there are repercussions they didn't listen, they believed in the reassurance from the west in armaments and Intel.

The reason Ukraine still have a voice to speak is because there is no Stalin-like president in Russia.

Putin is just so lenient, they should thank God for that because they would've been bombarded from the surface of the earth if Stalin is the current president of Russia.

una go dey talk anyhow

from d face of the Earth, and d world will be looking?? dont tell me which country won risk nuclear weapon, i ask will d world b looking.... u invade person u still one nuke am, us uk west will all nuke russia let russia nuke back and see who will feel am pass
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Khyrvxjzy: 7:48am On Jul 10, 2023
seunny4lif:
Well, the head of NATO have spoken, all those Chihuahuas NATO members(Poland and Lithuania) that depends on France and Germany money to function can now rest.

Ukraine want to join NATO when SMO war is still going on, they think USA will start nuclear war because of them, USA will never go to to war with a nuclear arms nation.
NK should have show Ukraine or Turkey crisis in 2015 after they down Russia jet.
Immediately Turkey down Russia jet, NATO members started changing mouths.

us wont like to rist nuclear weapon just like other countries.... but us will not sit down and russia keep nuking people if u say no then let russia rain like 2 nuke u will understand y us is us...

even its a thing russia putin cant do
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Salowise: 7:52am On Jul 10, 2023
Onucs:

Have you ever stopped to think of what would happen to Mexico or Canada if the reverse was the case.

Americans are known bullies and over the years have device means to subdue their neighbouring nations. Not that they are happy.

You lie, America has close relationship with Canada and Mexico
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by artdealer: 7:57am On Jul 10, 2023
So, Zelensky just allow them to bomb his country into 2000 AD for nothing? Chicken and cow sacrificed for breakfast. Chicken gave it's eggs but cow gave it's life!!!

It's like they have another meeting after Zelensky leaves the room cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Salowise: 8:11am On Jul 10, 2023
LibertyRep:
You say what? At what point did they know it's premature?
After thousands have been killed in the war?

May we not be unfortunate to be used as guinea pigs for proxy wars.

Ukraine joining NATO during war means Russia will be in direct confrontation with NATO. Ukraine are defending their land against an aggressive neighbor, tell me why Finland and Sweden decide to join NATO if Russia is a good neighbor, why would they attack a sovereign nation unprovoked, I'll like to know the reason you call it a proxy war.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by DaTruths: 8:12am On Jul 10, 2023
Masterviolence:
grin
Premature

All this noise will not be heard after that summit in Lithuania.

Ukraine joining NATO is all but a dream, there's a reason over 30 countries don't want to go to war with Russia.

Alone, no country can win a war against Russia conventionally, yet Ukraine decide to fight against them for an outsider.

The pace of this war was decided in the beginning by Putin and Russia, because taking over Ukraine in the beginning would've been a grave mistake for the Russians, a borden too heavy to carry.
Also killing while fighting against your own people is easier said than done.

The phase of this war now is for Ukrainians to go to the Frontlines and die.

The bolded is a very wild claim, because many factors has to he considered.

1) Which side will be the invading side
2) what's the goal of the invading side, to seize the enemy's territory or to change their Rulership.

Can they do that to USA?

Why such claim?
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Regex: 8:13am On Jul 10, 2023
Karnice600:

US is overrated...Coming from an underdeveloped mind.

Dude, US is overrated!
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by DaTruths: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2023
fasho01:
After using them to fight your war by proxy

America never wanted Ukraine to fight Russia, that's why the asked zelensky to flee, but pride made zelensky to demand for weapons which America reluctantly gave to them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Onucs(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2023
Salowise:

You lie, America has close relationship with Canada and Mexico

The same kinda relationship they wanted to established with Cuba b4 Fidel Castro miraculously pulled out his people from under their whim for life, u mean?

Guy, as a country, if you are growing, The US would either wanna control you or be a part of your system. Anything other than that, they just wanna destroy you. That's why they wanna bring down Russia so bad. And if that happens, they will face china with all the strenght they have got. I pray that day never comes.

Russia no know wetin God do for them, giving them a leader like Putin. I wish Nigeria gets a leader like Putin so that, she can finally pull herself out of this frustrating western democracy (sorry, demonstration-of-craze).

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by IamPlato(m): 8:46am On Jul 10, 2023
Karnice600:

Stand up look into the mirror, repeat what you just said and see how stupid you look. Follow follow.
Be disgracing yourself online, don't go and educate yourself with the truth.

Continue to embarrass your mother with your foolishness.

A sensible thing you should have said was provide me with source instead you chose to reply like a ret@rd.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Pacesetter123(m): 8:49am On Jul 10, 2023
teemy:

Let's not be so fast to believe US will backtrack on Ukraine-NATO deal. Elections are coming and the majority of Americans don't want a war with Russia. It might just be a stalling move till after the elections.
Even after election, nothing will still happen.
Ukraine will never never be allowed by Russia to join NATO.
You think it's today that US wants Ukraine to join NATO?
Bush Snr tried it several times but received stern warning from Russia and he backtracked .
Bush Jr and others tried it also,but they couldn't.
Even at some point,other powerful leaders in NATO such as Angela Markel ,Tony Blair and Nicolas Zargorzi got tired of incessant quest of US for Ukraine's NATO membership and warned her that Ukraine is Russia territory.
That they don't want direct confrontation with Russia.
So if the couldn't succeed then that Ukraine was at peace and a united country,is it now that they are at war and People's Republic of Donetsk has seceded that they will succeed?

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Pacesetter123(m): 8:57am On Jul 10, 2023
greggng:
This is one comment i don't expect to hear from.biden or any nato member. If indeed they want this war to end ...the time for Ukraine to join nato is now ..Just yesterday some countries where against USA supplying cluster bomb Ukraine..I could remember vividly what Biden said to support the move . He said Ukraine is running out of ammunition...so there is need to keep the going pending the supply of more ammunition.

Another general argued that already cluster bomb has been used by both countries...so is not a new thing . He supported his claim by the fact that Russia has mined a good number of area they occupied. Making it difficult to penetrate ...

When a Russia diploma was contacted he said America and nato is making it difficult for Ukraine to compromise . I.laughed loud after listening to him...you are invading and stealing someone's land ...you still.want him to compromise ...so that in the nearest future ...you continue to steal untill the country disappears on the surface of the earth...Russia is the aggressor...while Ukraine is the victim. .Everyone knows that is better to fight this war once and for all than to postpone the doom days . This war would have been over if not for the fear of Russia nuclear weapon. They are not the only country with sane weapon...but they are the ones threaten others.

Nato should understand that the best they ca give Ukraine is nato membership . This will enable Russia to stay away from Ukraine...Already putin knows the consequences of attacking a nato country. The events of past two weeks has show.tjat.putin is not strong ...He took refuge in his bunker when the wagner man was approach . Imagine what will happen to putin if nato decides to attack him...No amount of arm will stop putin from fighting ...the only thing thst can stop him.is making Ukraine a member if nato ..This should take immediate effect . Nato members should be preparing for a nuclear war ...putin doesn't have monopoly of violence . If he fails to end the war...then other people will train his children.
It's easier said than done.
The West that are avoiding Putin knows more than you do.
So rest!
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by rottennaija(m): 8:58am On Jul 10, 2023
God1000:

At least this war should be over before any of such discussion, but what can Putin do if Ukraine joins NATO now? Nothing

I salute the unwavering support of the Biden administration for Ukraine, the invaders should pull out and go back home.

Putin should be more concerned about the cracks in his government, he won't survive another mutiny.

The invasion of Ukraine has further enlarged NATO with Finland membership and Sweden very soon, so what's the point of this senseless war? it has turned counterproductive.

What do you think about this?

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Edusouls(m): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2023
God1000:

they there nahh, NATO that is getting desperate and tired of supporting Ukraine war, Ukraine is also tired after their counteroffensive have been dealt a major blow, many expensive western weapons have been destroyed , Ukraine is asking for more, they are growing impatient, one reason USA shamelessly provided Kyiv with cluster munitions upon that it’s a banned weapon in over 100 countries amid serious human rights concerns, but tomorrow they claim human rights chief, USA are just hypocrites. Wake up from sleep NATO has lost the war

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Karnice600: 11:04am On Jul 10, 2023
Minjim:
Get your facts right.

Ukraine isn't fighting Russia. Ukraine is only defending it's territory and people.

It was Russia that invaded Ukraine.

The person you're quoting is mentally challenged.
Avoiding a discussion with him is the simplest way to show you aren't of similar psychological status.
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Masterviolence: 11:27am On Jul 10, 2023
DaTruths:

The bolded is a very wild claim, because many factors has to he considered.

1) Which side will be the invading side
2) what's the goal of the invading side, to seize the enemy's territory or to change their Rulership.

Can they do that to USA?
You're one of those intelligent ones here.
What I meant was whoever invade Russia in a war will be crushed.

Why such claim?
Re: Ukraine's Bid To Join NATO Is Premature - Joe Biden by Karnice600: 11:31am On Jul 10, 2023
Regex:

Dude, US is overrated!

Yeah, I know. You probably typed this joke from an 'over rated' iPhone or Android device.

I guess she was also 'over rated' in WW II. Maybe that's why she 'over did' more than the World could ever imagine.
Dey follow popular opinion. Wetin your mates say follow them say. Wetin dem do follow dem do.

Nairaland is filled with 'brainless intellectuals'. They live by sentiments and instincts like roaches and bugs. Looks like you're about to get on that train too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Four Die After Multiple Stabbings In Sydney Centre (photos) / President Trump Never Said Nigerians Live In Huts - White House Says / Iran Irgc Intelligence Chief In Syria, Deputy Killed In Israeli Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.