Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings (7374 Views)

13 Trending Nigerian Slangs And Their Meanings / Popular Omens/superstitions In Idoma Land And Their Meanings / Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2023
Ardo (The Leader).
Gidado (The Loved One).
Barkindo (The Blessed One).
Chubado (The Choosing One)
Gaabdo (The Joy).
Chenido (The Persevere) Not too sure.
Modibbo (The Lettered One).
Labbo (Sword).
Bodéjo (Red).
Balewa or Baleri (Black).
Danejo (White).
Manga (Big).
Maudo (Senior).
Petel or Peto (Small especially a brother or a sister).
Adda Manga and Adda Petel (this name is usually given to a daughter that namesake her mothers or Fathers junior sister).
Beldo or Bello (Sweetness).
Gaji (Last born).
Muido (The Patience one).
Iya (A senior brother).
Hamma (A senior brother).
Yahya (A senior brother).
Bobbo (A senior brother).
Chuto (A twin).
Dadda (A senior sister).
Adda (A senior sister but mothers also answer the name)
Lamido (King).
Jauro (Prince).
Jagordo (A Lieutenant).
Dada (A mother).
Ba-Petel (Grandpa's namesake).
Ba-Manga (Grandpa's senior or junior brother's namesake).
Garga (Ali or Aliyu).
Buba (Abubakr or Abubakar).
Faruqu (Umar).
Manu (Uthman or Usman).
Shatu (Aisha or Aishatu).
Sumai (Azumi in hausa and Fast in English).

That's how far I can go for now. Please I have so many names in mind but I don't know how to translate them in Fulfulde/Pulaar the names are:-
Kwairanga.
Jobdi.
N'jidda.
Yero.
Jungudo.
Wambili.
Kaabo. (Although every woman or girl bearing Amina can be call Kaabo what does it mean)?.
Jaayeé.
Geedè.
Juroo.
Juroo.
Orí.
Jalo or Djallo.
Buloo.
Kingi.
Moowa.
Sappa.
Sharoo.
Sebo (normally it refers to a senior sister but I really need to know what it mean).
Diddi (the name is often given to a mother or a senior sister but what does it mean)?.
Nenne (Senegal, Guinea, Gambia and Mali. Nenne mean Grandma but in Nigeria especiallypart of Adamawa/Gombe and Taraba is usually for mother's or a senior sister).
Lumbi.

Please our elders don't be shy or feel too big to contribute help us the youngster.

#Copied#

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by madridguy(m): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2023
kiss
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2023
NAMES OF SOME ITEMS IN FULFULDE(FULANI)
LANGUAGE ✍️

1 Stick_____lekki✍️
2 fire_______yihte✍️
3 pot_______gahere✍️
4 water_____Diyam✍️
5 fire place__katane✍️
6 Night_ jemma✍️
7 day_ yalde✍️
8 light___✍️
9 dark_nifre✍️
10 boil_jongu✍️

1 Like

Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 7:02pm On Jul 09, 2023
Forty-two in Nigerian FulfuldeThe Nigerian Fulfulde language belongs to the Senegambian languages of the Niger–Congo language family. This fula dialect is mostly spoken in Nigeria, but also in Cameroon and Chad. Language of the Fulani ethnic groups, it is also a lingua franca even though it is mostly used in the family circle. The Nigerian Fulfulde language counts about 14.5 millions speakers. It is written in the Latin alphabet since 2003, and in the Arabic alphabet since 2011.

Due to lack of data, we can only count accurately up to 9,999 in Nigerian Fulfulde. Please contact me if you can help me counting up from that limit.

Nigerian Fulfulde numbers list
1 – go’o
2 – ɗiɗi
3 – tati
4 – nayi
5 – jowi
6 – joweego
7 – joweeɗiɗi
8 – joweetati
9 – joweenayi
10 – sappo
11 – sappo e go’o
12 – sappo e ɗiɗi
13 – sappo e tati
14 – sappo e nayi
15 – sappo e jowi
16 – sappo e joweego
17 – sappo e joweeɗiɗi
18 – sappo e joweetati
19 – sappo e joweenayi
20 – cappanɗe ɗiɗi
30 – cappanɗe tati
40 – cappanɗe nayi
50 – cappanɗe jowi
60 – cappanɗe joweegoo
70 – cappanɗe joweeɗiɗi
80 – cappanɗe joweetati
90 – cappanɗe joweenayi
100 – teemerre
1,000 – ujunerre
one million – dubuure

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by 1Sharon(f): 8:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
The name 'bello' is fulani in origin but somehow has become a pan-nigerian surname.

Lamido is Arabic in origin, yahya is also Arabic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by XAUBulls: 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
duro4chang:
Ardo (The Leader).
Gidado (The Loved One).
Gaabdo (The Joy).
Labbo (Sword).
Bodéjo (Red).
Danejo (White).
Manga (Big).
Maudo (Senior).
Adda Manga and Adda Petel (this name is usually given to a daughter that namesake her mothers or Fathers junior sister).
Gaji (Last born).
Iya (A senior brother).
Chuto (A twin).
Dadda (A senior sister).
Lamido (King).
Jauro (Prince).
Jagordo (A Lieutenant).
Dada (A mother).
Garga (Ali or Aliyu).
Faruqu (Umar).
Manu (Uthman or Usman).

That's how far I can go for now. Please I have so many names in mind but I don't know how to translate them in Fulfulde/Pulaar the names are:-
Kwairanga.
Jobdi.
N'jidda.
Yero.
Jungudo.
Wambili.
Kaabo. (Although every woman or girl bearing Amina can be call Kaabo what does it mean)?.
Jaayeé.
Geedè.
Juroo.
Juroo.
Orí.
Jalo or Djallo.
Buloo.
Kingi.
Moowa.
Sappa.
Sharoo.
Sebo (normally it refers to a senior sister but I really need to know what it mean).
Diddi (the name is often given to a mother or a senior sister but what does it mean)?.
Nenne (Senegal, Guinea, Gambia and Mali. Nenne mean Grandma but in Nigeria especiallypart of Adamawa/Gombe and Taraba is usually for mother's or a senior sister).
Lumbi.

Please our elders don't be shy or feel too big to contribute help us the youngster.

#Copied#
Insightful.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by Antivirus92(m): 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2023
A××lickers, una never study Yoruba finish na Fulani.
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by T8ksy(m): 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2023
So Op, you be fulani.

Ok, noted for future reference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2023
T8ksy:
So Op, you be fulani.
Ok, noted for future reference.
No, I am not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by budaatum: 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
duro4chang:
No, I am not.

Like when I quote Jesus they say I'm Islam, lol.

https://www.nairaland.com/7731741/mission/2#124105892

How come you know Fulfulde?
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
budaatum:

Like when I quote Jesus they say I'm Islam, lol.

https://www.nairaland.com/7731741/mission/2#124105892

How come you know Fulfulde?
Well, I am not fulani. I do not hate any tribe but always want to know more about the culture of others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by T8ksy(m): 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
duro4chang:
No, I am not.

Oh yeah? But you seems to know so much about fulanis and their language. Or maybe, you are Yorulani as coined by our Igbo distractors.
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
T8ksy:

Oh yeah? But you seems to know so much about fulanis and their language. Or maybe, you are Yorulani as coined by our Igbo distractors.
I am not a fulani. I am proud of my own tribe.
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by T8ksy(m): 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
duro4chang:

of course, you are. cool
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by Justiceleague1: 6:10am On Jul 17, 2023
duro4chang:

Why are you then ashamed to mention your own tribe nah? Mallam
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by Justiceleague1: 6:12am On Jul 17, 2023
duro4chang:
Ardo (The Leader).
Gidado (The Loved One).
Gaabdo (The Joy).
Labbo (Sword).
Bodéjo (Red).
Danejo (White).
Manga (Big).
Maudo (Senior).
Gaji (Last born).
Iya (A senior brother).
Chuto (A twin).
Dadda (A senior sister).
Lamido (King).
Jauro (Prince).
Jagordo (A Lieutenant).
Dada (A mother).
Garga (Ali or Aliyu).
Faruqu (Umar).
Manu (Uthman or Usman).

Kwairanga.
Jobdi.
N'jidda.
Yero.
Jungudo.
Wambili.
Jaayeé.
Geedè.
Juroo.
Juroo.
Orí.
Jalo or Djallo.
Buloo.
Kingi.
Moowa.
Sappa.
Sharoo.
Lumbi.

#Copied#
Rubbish and confused
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 6:15am On Jul 17, 2023
Justiceleague1:

Why are you then ashamed to mention your own tribe nah? Mallam
And why has that become your business? You woke up early in the morning and began to yarn trash. For my tribe read my appellation below:
Iji alogbo ni mi ara iji leje. Omo bi mo ba soye tan matun sooru. Iji alogbo Omo ekun niba. Omo online oye. Omo eku.
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 6:16am On Jul 17, 2023
Justiceleague1:

Rubbish and confused
E pain you. Kikikikikiki!
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by Justiceleague1: 6:32am On Jul 17, 2023
duro4chang:
And why has that become your business? You woke up early in the morning and began to yarn trash. For my tribe read my appellation below:
Iji alogbo ni mi ara iji leje. Omo bi mo ba soye tan matun sooru. Iji alogbo Omo ekun niba. Omo online oye. Omo eku.
Attachee by force grin

Please allow us southerners to breathe,go back to your north

Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 6:34am On Jul 17, 2023
Justiceleague1:

Attachee by force grin

Please allow us southerners to breathe,go back to your north
Me that will go to Abia and become their igwe. After some years I will go Onitsha and before the obi of onitsha. We are your oga. Na follow follow you be.
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by Justiceleague1: 11:02am On Jul 17, 2023
duro4chang:
Me that will go to Abia and become their igwe. After some years I will go Onitsha and before the obi of onitsha. We are your oga. Na follow follow you be.

Thank God you didn't mention my state otherwise you mallams know how handle ya arsses grin
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by Christistruth03: 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2023
1Sharon:
The name 'bello' is fulani in origin but somehow has become a pan-nigerian surname.

Lamido is Arabic in origin, yahya is also Arabic.

Gov Yaya Bello is definitely Egbirra
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2023
Justiceleague1:

Thank God you didn't mention my state otherwise you mallams know how handle ya arsses grin
We go rule you. We are your masters. We go conquer all your land and turn it to a grazing land for our cows. Kikikikikikikikiki!
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2023
Antivirus92:
A××lickers, una never study Yoruba finish na Fulani.
Will you keep quiet. Otondo
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
Justiceleague1:
Rubbish and confused
You need to have your head examined.
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by 1Sharon(f): 11:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
Christistruth03:

Gov Yaya Bello is definitely Egbirra

That's what I'm saying. The surname is pan-nigerian and I wonder how.
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by Justiceleague1: 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
duro4chang:
You need to have your head examined.
Mallam mental in Sifia pains grin
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by Justiceleague1: 9:03pm On Jul 19, 2023
duro4chang:
We go rule you. We are your masters. We go conquer all your land and turn it to a grazing land for our cows. Kikikikikikikikiki!
Mental grin

Our tinubu yaff kicked your ass away from Nigerian Customs that you mallams held tightly like yua father's propertygrin
A southerner is now comptroller general after how many years.
Una go hear am to Niger republic
grin grin grin
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 9:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
Justiceleague1:

Mental grin

Our tinubu yaff kicked your ass away from Nigerian Customs that you mallams held tightly like yua father's propertygrin
A southerner is now comptroller general after how many years.
Una go hear am to Niger republic
grin grin grin
We go turn your igwe, eze and obi palaces to cow sheds. We go marry all your women. Your land go become ruga. Kikkikiki
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by Justiceleague1: 9:24pm On Jul 19, 2023
duro4chang:
We go turn your igwe, eze and obi palaces to cow sheds. We go marry all your women. Your land go become ruga. Kikkikiki
Ya abuoki that kidnap our ESE oruru just came out of prison,so prepare grin grin grin
Re: Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings by duro4chang(m): 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2023
Justiceleague1:

Ya abuoki that kidnap our ESE oruru just came out of prison,so prepare grin grin grin
Na we own you. You are our property. We can deal with you the way we like.

(1) (Reply)

Superiority Between The Alaafin And The Ooni, Fact Of The Matter / BROKIN; The Nigerian Pidgin History And Origin. / Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.