Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect (5215 Views)

Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction / PDP kicks, calls for a rerun as INEC declares Buhari winner / Omisore Agrees To Support PDP In Osun Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by duro4chang(m): 1:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
Diego35M:

Really? Even if it's rigged? Even the Supreme court?
Keep quiet! Who rigged who? Tinubu won. Obi lost . Atiku lost. No election is perfect anywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by Georgejeez: 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
grin grin with which money .

Shebi na the Court go fund the rerun elections ?

It should be made a Constitutional provision that all matters pertaining to the Presido Elections must be resolved and Judgment given by the SC pertaining to Election Petitions before the Swearing in ...

3 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by Georgejeez: 1:56pm On Jul 10, 2023
SmartPolician:

If Tinubu is ordered to leave Aso Rock, Nigeria's democracy won't be destabilised. He will stay in office and appeal the case. If he loses at the appeal court, he will push it until it gets to the Supreme Court while he maintains his position as president.

If the Supreme Court orders him to leave the office and he refuses, he and his wife will be flung out of Aso Rock through the window! A Nigerian politician may think he's above the law, but not when his stay in office is questioned or declared unconstitutional cheesy

Presidential Election is just 2 stages , Appeal court/PEPT and the Supreme Court

Unlike the Governorship which is 3 stages

3 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by Diego35M: 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2023
duro4chang:
Keep quiet! Who rigged who? Tinubu won. Obi lost . Atiku lost. No election perfect anywhere.
I'm not against Tinubu ruling anyway, but the law should take its path anyway, to me, as long as the leadership or rulership come down south
Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by duro4chang(m): 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
Diego35M:

I'm not against Tinubu ruling anyway, but the law should take its path anyway, to me, as long as the leadership or rulership come down south
Which law again? The law has taken its path already

4 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by Mabizeka: 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
helinues:

Stop shooking mouth in what you have little knowledge about. There is nothing like appealing at the appeal court

From Tribunal court to SC
Hi, do you need my help?
Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by helinues: 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2023
Mabizeka:
Hi, do you need my help?

Aren't you creative at all?

Why repeating same old jargons.

Go and help your family members that are in dire need

3 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by Mabizeka: 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
helinues:

Aren't you creative at all?

Why repeating same old jargons.

Go and help your family members that are in dire need
But you sent me a sos email now?
Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by helinues: 2:12pm On Jul 10, 2023
Mabizeka:
But you sent me a sos email now?

If you can not post the screenshot, then go to hell

You think you can provoke me..

Tueh

3 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by helinues: 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
SmartPolician:

Whatever routes it takes, a president can be kicked out and that won't destabilize the country. QED!

You don't know nada about this discussion. Why not KS

Appeal in presidential election dispute, chai

3 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by Mabizeka: 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2023
helinues:

If you can not post the screenshot, then go to hell

You think you can provoke me..

Tueh
Alright I'll leave you alone. The insult is too much just because I want to make you somebody in life.
Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by helinues: 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
Mabizeka:
Alright I'll leave you alone. The insult is too much just because I want to make you somebody in life.

But you have been saying that for years now, when would you be a man enough to keep to your words

Go and help your relatives that are in dire situation

Person wey need deliverance dey talk of helping others. You think it's ordinary to be trolling others for years?

5 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by Hisbah(f): 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2023
helinues:

You don't know nada about this discussion. Why not KS

Appeal in presidential election dispute, chai
Hello dear, I'm miss Aminat from Abuja. I'm looking for an office secretary. Do you need a job?
Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by helinues: 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
Hisbah:
Hello dear, I'm miss Aminat from Abuja. I'm looking for an office secretary. Do you need a job?

Another moniker to continue the nonsense trolling.

How is it logical for someone to be trolling others for years yet na the person wey dem dey troll dey jobless.

Have you stopped listening to yourself?

You have no clue about how big your problem is

3 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by walex2(m): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2023
duro4chang:
Lie lie lie . Nothing can happen. Nobody, no court can remove Tinubu.
Was Adeleke election results transmitted on IREV?
Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by WildChild00(m): 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
Emi lokan grin

2 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by duro4chang(m): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2023
walex2:
Was Adeleke election results transmitted on IREV?
Yes it was but not compulsory. The BVAS accreditation showed over voting but it was overlooked.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by fx45(m): 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2023
Jagungidi:
Someone that’s already ecowas chairman. Let the court try nonsense, wo, let me not say much grin
Bola Adekunle Tinumbu is not the ECOWAS Chairman, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is.... Do you get it? If he's kicked out tomorrow, whoever replaces him assumes the office.

1 Like

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by jom28gy(m): 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2023
That is how is going to be,
Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by blabulu2000: 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2023
Lovelive:
He pass you and pass anyone that put suffering on the masses

you better be rehearsing your wailing becasue it will last for 8 years

2 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2023
Fruitless effort continues again

3 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by Penguin2: 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2023
Lotanna2:

On what grounds will the court tell him to vacate office? Oga,highest you can get is a partial rerun
Glad to see you here…

Have you seen the Supreme Court making reference to INEC Guidelines in their judgment? Because you people have been of the view that the court will only depend on the constitution and Electoral Act; that INEC Guidelines have no legal probity.

Cc: fergie001

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by Lotanna2: 3:41pm On Jul 10, 2023
Penguin2:

Glad to see you here…

Have you seen the Supreme Court making reference to INEC Guidelines in their judgment? Because you people have been of the view that the court will only depend on the constitution and Electoral Act; that INEC Guidelines have no legal probity.

Cc: fergie001

Both constitution and electoral act are superior to the guidelines and will take precedence in the case of confusion,ambiguity or clash.the court only uses guidelines when it is in tandem with the electoral act.
From that portion of the judgment,jsc agim clearly said the guidelines never demanded for real time transmission but transmission after election without specific time frame.the guideline further stated during collation, transmitted and manual copies must be used for collation in case of discrepancies.obi never brought evidence showing transmitted copies were not used during collation and he also called only one adhoc staffs.therefore,this portion of his prayer fails

3 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by ozowarac: 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2023
If the judgement is a true judgement nothing will happen.

helinues:

Vacate office and destabilize our democracy bah?
Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by surgical: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
seunmsg:
If the election is invalidated on the ground of substantial noncompliance with the electoral act, a fresh election involving all the candidates will be ordered and not a rerun election.

So, was the noncompliance with one of the revulsions (not constitutional or electoral act provisions) substantial enough to affect the result of the election? How exactly did the failure of INEC to upload result to IREV from polling units affect the outcome of the election? So, why will the Supreme Court want to throw the entire country into chaos and political instability over something that did not affect the result of the election?
why are you afraid of re run, when it is your people that will be in charge, it be like Tinubu electing himself, status quo remains, no shaking
Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by delpee(f): 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
Online Judge has declared judgement! First class law school graduate. Well done o. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by ExudeLoveToAll: 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2023
Jagungidi:
Someone that’s already ecowas chairman. Let the court try nonsense, wo, let me not say much grin

Been ECOWAS chairman has no bearing with the decision of PEPT, they are two independent events.
Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by Mushmush: 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
duro4chang:
Lie lie lie . Nothing can happen. Nobody, no court can remove Tinubu.
Allow them to continue deceiving their selves. Their eyes go soon clear. Jagaban has come to stay

4 Likes

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
duro4chang:
Keep quiet! Who rigged who? Tinubu won. Obi lost . Atiku lost. No election is perfect anywhere.

Communicate sanely.

1 Like

Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by duro4chang(m): 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

Communicate sanely.
Your level of comprehension should be very low
Re: Why The Court Is Going To INVALIDATE And Order A RERUN Of The Presidential Elect by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2023
duro4chang:
Your level of comprehension should be very low

Learn to communicate sanely, it's just a kind advice. Have a good time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News - Ibori's Investigator Attacked By Gunmen / Fashola Donates Flat To Widow Of Lastma Victim / South Africa IN PANIC Over Nigerian Economic Surge - New Report.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.