Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,146 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? (4752 Views)

My Husband Maltreats And Subjects Me To Vaginal Test: Wife Tells Judge / My Husband Is Sexually Weak: Wife Tells Judge / I Can’t Believe My Husband Is Asking Me For This!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by MyTake: 1:22am On Oct 06, 2011
, she tells you a man is asking her out. The man knows you and you have met him before. Your wife says ' you know I'm married, you know my husband and u have seen my kids' ; he says 'dont worry about him- he would never know'

What do you do, keep quiet and hope your wife will ward him off??
(would ur wife interpret this as not caring about it?)

or go confront him?
(How would this be viewed?)
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by Sentient: 1:44am On Oct 06, 2011
I think you and your wife should have nothing more to do with this so called "man".  For someone to speak to your wife this way, shows the height of disrespect towards the both of you.  Once a person disrespects you, they always will.  Say nothing to him, foolishness/wickedness is looking for an avenue to get in and he is the vehicle it is using.  "The only way for evil to triumph, is for good men/women to say and do nothing".  In this case say nothing.  Action speaks louder than words.  For in this day and age and seemingly thoughout history, this wickedness seeks only to destroy and devour.  Don't engage it, that's what it wants.  Starve it.  Remove it from your life, so that if it ever shows up again, you'll see it for what it is. More people need to wake up and stop rewarding bad behavior.
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by iice(f): 3:13am On Oct 06, 2011
Do you trust your wife to handle it? If not, warn him off. But then it may not even stop there
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2011
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2011
MyTake:

, she tells you a man is asking her out. The man knows you and you have met him before.

Now it depends on how it is said, If she makes it sound like he is a pest and she cant handle the situation, then I can step in, call the asshole and tell him that "I know what you have been doing and I am telling you to cease and desist." The person in question may just be her boss or something like that and diplomacy would need to be exercise in handling such situations,

MyTake:

Your wife says ' you know I'm married, you know my husband and u have seen my kids' ; he says 'dont worry about him- he would never know'

Same as the previous answer,

MyTake:

What do you do, keep quiet and hope your wife will ward him off??
(would your wife interpret this as not caring about it?)

I remember one time I went out to a bar with my girlfriend of 3 years and when I excused myself to go to the restroom, a guy who had been watching us together walks up and starts chatting her up, Now I come out, see whats going on and stand afar off (out of view)and watch them, In the end, he hands her his business card and puts his personal number on the back of it, When I got back, my girl asks me for my lighter, pulls out the card and sets it on fire. When I asked she narrated the story to me and I just smiled, Now in the case of marriage, the way your wife would view it would be dependent on the dynamic of the relationship. My girl knows m not to be the jealous type and would understand that I think nothing of it and trust her to handle it.
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2011
Happens to me almost all d time. My husband finds it sexy dat am pretty and desireable even after a baby. Most times we will play with the mans intelligence when we notice someone is checking me out when we go out we will play along and some bold ones will come and offer me a drink, we will let him seat and gist introduce ourselves only by first names when its time to exchange number my husband will ask him " do you want mine or my wives number" lol. When we re stopped at Checkpoints we always use my charming smile and pouting mouth to get off. No mind us na kolo people we be

1 Like

Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 06, 2011
What would I do? Nothing, I trust my wife will be able to handle unwanted advances. Of course, if the advances become physical, or my wife says she wants me to step in, then I'll get involved.
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by tpia5: 10:51am On Oct 06, 2011
The wife should be able to handle it, and if not, then find the guy someone else to date, if he's a bachelor.

There are plenty of single women looking for relationships.
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by Johndoe100(m): 11:05am On Oct 06, 2011
Siena:

What would I do? Nothing, I trust my wife will be able to handle unwanted advances. Of course, if the advances become physical, or my wife says she wants me to step in, then I'll get involved.

What if your wife is interested in the guy?
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by blank(f): 11:16am On Oct 06, 2011
If the person is a known person and a "friend", when i tell my husband i expect him to do something about it immediately. Even if it means fisticuffs grin That will make me feel better.
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 06, 2011
All these women that men still toast, it's good oo. Me? No man has stopped me on the road for years to ask me ''Nne, wetin you carry? embarassed
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2011
Johndoe100:

What if your wife is interested in the guy?

The question in this thread is quite clear, and I responded to it. You're creating another, so I woud advice you to start a fresh thread.
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by Johndoe100(m): 12:35pm On Oct 06, 2011
Siena:

The question in this thread is quite clear, and I responded to it. You're creating another, so I woud advice you to start a fresh thread.

Maybe, but you dodged the question.
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2011
Johndoe100:

Maybe, but you dodged the question.

There's nothing to dodge. If you feel so strongly about it, then by all means, open another thread, and I'll respond there. I see no reason to have two threads running concurrently. I'm not into digression, even if it's fine by you.

Besides, you yourself didn't respond to the original question: "Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do?"
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by ifyalways(f): 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2011
jennykadry:

All these women that men still toast, it's good oo. Me? No man has stopped me on the road for years to ask me ''Nne, wetin you carry? embarassed
Rofl.
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by ronkebp(f): 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2011
Hmm, i trust my hubby, let him not hear it ni!!! he will kindly pick up the phone and call the guy or meet him face to face. E no dey waste anytime on things like that. So, i prefer handling the situations myself, except it goes out of hand (which it rarely does) then i will involve him. I get toasters gan ni, most of them have decided not to see my wedding band; incases like that i gladly show them again and again, smile! and move on.
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by 2mch(m): 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2011
The operative word here is "asking.", not "asked". Where did you get this your wife and how old is she? Asking means she is giving the guy some kind of green light. Maybe being desired makes her feel good and she wants you to know she is still wanted outside. If she behaved like a respectable married woman, the man will respect your family and will not keep saying it doesnt matter shes married. Maybe she responds to him "oh, but you know i am married nooow, i like you but i am married oooh". Body language and reactions determine if people will keep trying. It seems you have a childish person on your hands. You can inform her that if she is encouraging such she can pack her bags and leave. And the next time she comes to tell you that someone is disrespecting your marriage because she has given the space for rubbish talk, she will go and meet him. angry
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by ifyalways(f): 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2011
^Right on point.
Body language and facial expression is the keyword.
As a woman,Once I sense a guy is "dreamning" of walking up to me to yarn dust,I know the kind of expression to switch to and believe me the guy wud promptly swallow his poppycocks or keep it for the next woman.

No time to spend flashing band or explaning,my mean face speaks for me.Men can only tell a woman(married or single) such tales when they are sure(from ur disposition,conversation,dressing and body language) that you WUD NOT MIND or maybe YOU WUD LAUGH IT OFF.

The scenario in the OP'S case is even worse.Imagine the guts! Telling me to her to her face that her husband is a wimp! I doubt if the said woman has any respect for her so called husband.
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by ifyalways(f): 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2011
^Right on point.
Body language and facial expression is the keyword.
As a woman,Once I sense a guy is "dreamning" of walking up to me to yarn dust,I know the kind of expression to switch to and believe me the guy wud promptly swallow his poppycocks or keep it for the next woman.

No time to spend flashing band or explaning,my mean face speaks for me.Men can only tell a woman(married or single) such tales when they are sure(from your disposition,conversation,dressing and body language) that you WUD NOT MIND or maybe YOU WUD LAUGH IT OFF.
I prefer to be known as a meanie,unapproachable lady as opposed to be addressed as a cool-mamajama on which every jerk down the block tests his toasting skills.

The OP's scenario is even worse.Imagine the guts! Telling her to her face that her husband is a wimp! I doubt if the said woman has any respect for her so called husband.
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by tunnytox(m): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2011
Some men no get shame sef! Toasting a married woman?
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by 2mch(m): 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2011
tunnytox:

Some men no get shame sef! Toasting a married woman?

They give you their husbands hard earned money for your small girls, and you dont have to deal with the emotional wahala. Best arrangement actually. cheesy
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by tunnytox(m): 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2011
2mch:

They give you their husbands hard earned money for your small girls, and you dont have to deal with the emotional wahala. Best arrangement actually. cheesy

One day monkey go go market e no go return grin
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by horny4u(f): 9:33pm On Oct 06, 2011
He got nerve infact liver plenty for am.

To know the husband and then add to say he does not have to know, in her shoes, i will be very immature and curse him out.

If he does not know the the husband and asked her out, well that's flattering and happens all the time tongue and a simple yes lets go or no lets not go will do.

Saying the hubby does not have to know is an insult to hubby and wife. So in my opinion man and wife should totally ostracise this man that has insulted them no need to tell him off. The silent treatment will do
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by nnwniger: 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2011
You said a man is ASKING her out, well if she's not interested, he would have stopped long ago. No man CONTINUES to ask a married woman out without a GREEN LIGHT and without any unseen signals and without thinking that he will eventually succeed. By the way, how long have you been married to this wife?
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by Roland17(m): 1:09am On Oct 07, 2011
Hey, we are talking about my wife here, a woman i am legally married to and not my girl friend, if she was courageous enough to tell me, that means she is open and does not want that, she expects me to take action. am not asking you to fight, but meeting with the guy and warning him off is not wrong, else you might unconsciously be sending the wrong message to her, she, she might feel you are not bothered about it and might give it a try.

Ladies want to feel protected, its a part of their emotional make-up.
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by MyTake: 11:24am On Oct 07, 2011
Interesting thoughts, interesting angles, thnx everyone
Re: Your Wife Tells You A Man Is Asking Her Out: What To Do? by Busybody2(f): 11:28am On Oct 07, 2011
I agree with some of the OP especially 2much that a one off incident is tolerable, anything further, you need to keep an eye on your wife.

(1) (Reply)

My Fiancee Never Willingly Visit My Mother ....pls Advice Me. / Chaircover,osisi ,BB,outstrip,mukina,and co, the men too, oyb,olabowale . . . / What Name Would You Give Your Child.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.