Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? (4610 Views)

My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? / Is Being Married And Having Kids A Stumbling Block To One's Dreams And Goals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by kilokeys(m): 7:10am On Dec 02, 2014
hmm i had a heated argument with a supposedly rich friend.
he was ranting about the issue of poor folks having kids and letting them beg on the streets.

my argument.

should we deprive these ones the joy of having a family?
what other ways could one employ to stop a poor man from fathering children?

by advice or castration.
the advice might just fall on deaf ears ( besides who do u think u are to stop whats primal)

the castrating would be an infringement on his human rights.

so rational and irrational pple.. whats ur take on this?
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by thorpido(m): 7:26am On Dec 02, 2014
You can't stop them,it's their human right.
The society can only increase the awareness on family planning and the need to have children you can cater adequately for.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by cococandy(f): 7:33am On Dec 02, 2014
How many kids can a beggar on the street adequately for?
One? Zero?
thorpido:
You can't stop them,it's their human right.
The society can only increase the awareness on family planning and the need to have children you can cater adequately for.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by lertee(f): 7:41am On Dec 02, 2014
You can't stop anyone from having more babies. Awareness on the need for family planning should be increased.

What's funny is,those that are not capable of training kids are the ones that want more,,they have a wife they are yet to cater for with kids and still go ahead to have girlfriends.
They have nothing to offer but sex,they have the whole time in the world for that.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 02, 2014
cococandy:
How many kids can a beggar on the street adequate for?
One? Zero?

Are you in support of this?
Isn't this oppression some sorta?
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by cococandy(f): 8:09am On Dec 02, 2014
Aprime:

Are you in support this?
in support of what?
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by kilokeys(m): 8:12am On Dec 02, 2014
cococandy:
in support of what?
advocating that the poor folks should be gathered, castrated and locked away.. that is what u r saying?
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 02, 2014
cococandy:
in support of what?

Enforcing birth control measures on the poor alone?
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 02, 2014
Nobody is stopping them from having kids, but they should have kids they are able to cater for
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by kilokeys(m): 8:36am On Dec 02, 2014
OlamiB:
Nobody is stopping them from having kids, but they should have kids they are able to cater for

some cant cater for half a child..

so they shouldnt bother having kids then?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by cococandy(f): 8:38am On Dec 02, 2014
kilokeys:

advocating that the poor folks should be gathered, castrated and locked away.. that is what u r saying?
you have a way of reaching awesome conclusions
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by cococandy(f): 8:39am On Dec 02, 2014
Aprime:

Enforcing birth control measures on the poor alone?
undecided where did I say that?
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 02, 2014
cococandy:
undecided where did I say that?

SMH.. I gerrit.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by kilokeys(m): 8:53am On Dec 02, 2014
cococandy:
you have a way of reaching awesome conclusions

candy, it starts with a thought, then an idea, then a plan becomes a mission.

everything starts this way.

i am just seeing things ahead.

once the idea is accepted by a pple. u wouldnt be able to control the outcome.

d idea of boko haram probably started within d confines of a hut. with three pple chatting and sipping burukutu
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 02, 2014
I agree with your friend. I talk about this a lot. Its d poor folks who keep having lots of kids. The kids end up suffering, begging on the streets, end up uneducated etc. Its annoying when I see poor people have more and more kids. I'm not saying they should be castrated but I feel since they are poor, having a maximum of 2 kids is fine. Y have kids u can't take care of? Y bring kids into the world to suffer? The kids don't deserve it.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Rhukie(f): 10:35am On Dec 02, 2014
I support your friend. why should a poor person that can't feed himself talk more of the wife have a child they can't cater for all because it seems easy to sleep with each other and make babies. cease to have a child until you are capable of providing them with the basic necessities of life.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by thorpido(m): 10:38am On Dec 02, 2014
cococandy:
How many kids can a beggar on the street adequately for?
One? Zero?
It's their right to procreate even though it's not right.The society can only increase awareness through education and improvement on the standard of living.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by thorpido(m): 10:43am On Dec 02, 2014
Rhukie:
I support your friend. why should a poor person that can't feed himself talk more of the wife have a child they can cater for all because it seems easy to sleep with each other and make babies. cease to have a child until you are capable of providing them with the basic necessities of life.
Unfortunately,these poor people can't change except through education.It takes 5minutes or even less to make a baby.Sex often is the consolation of the poor.It's the thing that gives them the only pleasure.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by lilmax(m): 10:48am On Dec 02, 2014
It's even wrong to get married without money in the first place, where do you think those children hawking came from? Why bring a child into this world to suffer? No be only human rights mtcheeeeeeew

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by SAMBARRY: 10:55am On Dec 02, 2014
THEY CAN HAVE 500 KIDS PER MONTH IF THEY SO DESIRE BUT THEY SHOULDNT COME AND KNOCK ON MY GATE THAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR MONEY TO PAY THEIR CHILDRENS SCHOOL FEES OR THAT ONE OF THEIR KIDS IS IN THE HOSPITAL.NA THERE FIGHT GO COME

NEXT

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by dein77(m): 10:57am On Dec 02, 2014
It's wrong to stop them.from having more kids.

However, like most people above me have said, awareness is the key. The poor see kids as their consolation for poverty.

Awareness is the key.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by EyeKandy(f): 11:16am On Dec 02, 2014
To each their own. 2-3 is fine with me; enough companionship, easier family bonding, quality education and the best I can provide.

Guess some parents envision the future that some may be doctors, engineers, sportsmen, ... High achieving professionals. That's their hope. It may work for some though.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by beau49: 11:27am On Dec 02, 2014
With all the suffering and begging by little children,I would say yes it is right to stop them from having kids they can't take care of.

What's the need of bringing kids to life and yet unable to cater for them? Then they are released into the society to beg so the family can have something to eat. The fact that a man cannot adequately cater for himself is reason enough for him not to even consider marriage not to talk of having kids.

The worst part they are the ones who end up having numerous children. Imagine have 10 kids with the parents staying in a one room apartment or a make-shift room.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by tpiah2: 11:47am On Dec 02, 2014
Ask yourself that question when you are poor.

This is even christmas season when you could have helped a poor family in some manner, scrooge things.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by kilokeys(m): 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
nobody can take the right to procreate from anybody without infringing on their basic right to life

what we could do is,
Educate them
Improve standards of living..

sincerely, if my parents tot out everything(cost and all) before my birth. I wouldnt be here.

for those of u who are proponents of this ideology , i urge to walk up to just 5 poor men in ur area

tell them to halt child bearing on premise that they shouldnt have kids they cant cater for..

u would be lucky enough to survive the 3rd person u meet.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by tpiah2: 3:45pm On Dec 02, 2014
Bro stop typing just for typing's sake, you are not making sense
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
I'm afraid I agree with your 'rich friend', OP. Though I don't believe in forcefully 'stopping' people from procreating, it pains me that people will deliberately bring children into this world they will not (or cannot) care for.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by tpiah2: 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
Nigeria is a rich country, if the west can use some of their money to cater to their populace, what prevents nigeria from doing the same?
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by undercat: 4:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
Between advice and castration, advice is the better option. Lol. You might castrate a man today and tomorrow he'll become rich.

I suppose the state can take care of such children, and give the parents jail time plus labour, or just labour so that they can at least contribute in some way to the upkeep of the children.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by cococandy(f): 4:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
thorpido:
It's their right to procreate even though it's not right.The society can only increase awareness through education and improvement on the standard of living.
i did not say it is not their right to procreate. I only asked you in response to your comment that everyone should be advised to have the number of kids they can cater for. How many can all these dirty beggars on the street be advised to have. Because last I checked they can't even take care of themselves let alone another human being.
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by tpiah2: 4:50pm On Dec 02, 2014
undercat:
Between advice and castration, advice is the better option. Lol. You might castrate a man today and tomorrow he'll become rich.

I suppose the state can take care of such children, and give the parents jail time plus labour, or just labour so that they can at least contribute in some way to the upkeep of the children.

Were your parents given jail time for having you and your siblings?

Btw you sound occultic.

Were you castrated?
Re: Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? by undercat: 5:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
tpiah2:

Were your parents given jail time for having you and your siblings?

Btw you sound occultic.

Were you castrated?

I'm not occultic, whatever that means.

My genitals are intact for now.

My parents could not have been given jail time for having children. There is no such law in place.

You sound mad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advise Need On This Issue. / My Brothers Wife Is Dragging Remote Control With Me / Touching Letter By An Abused Wife To Her Husband Before She Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.