Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India (968 Views)

EFCC Invites Akpabio For Fresh Questioning Over Multi-Billion Naira Fraud / Edike Mboutidem Akpan In Multimillion Naira Fraud Scandal / ₦96 Billion Naira Fraud: Group Cautions Wike Against Judicial Rascality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by Salewa97: 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
Chennai cyber crime police have arrested two Nigerians and a woman from Manipur for allegedly swindling Rs 1.2 lakh from a resident of Ayanavaram in the city.

The accused have been identified as Hugo Fransico, 40, and Duru Clinton, 27, of Nigeria and Tabitha Anal, 32, from Manipur.

The items seized from the accused.
After paying the amount and receiving no response from the woman, the man realised that he was conned and approached the police. The East Zone cyber crime wing registered a case on June 25 and began an inquiry.

The police said that during the investigation it came to light that the accused were operating from Faridabad in Haryana. Based on the directions of City Police Commissioner Sandeep Rai Rathore, a special team was formed and sent to Haryana.

The fraudsters were then arrested with the help of the local police. The police also seized cell phones, laptops, pen drives and other documents from them. The accused were produced before a court in Faridabad, a transit warrant was obtained and they were brought to Chennai on Sunday where they were remanded in judicial custody.

In a message, the commissioner urged the public to be alert while using social media and avoid interacting with strangers who pretend to offer gifts. In case anyone comes across such a message, the police must be alerted on the 1930 helpline or a complaint registered at the nearest cyber crime police station.

Source: https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/chennai/nigerians-manipur-woman-arrested-swindling-chennai-resident-8823189/lite/

CC: Mynd44

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by AntiMarxist: 9:19am On Jul 11, 2023
This is no longer funny.

2 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by dustmalik: 9:28am On Jul 11, 2023
These days I don't even bother checking names anymore because it's always the usual suspects.

Mynd44 Seun

9 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by GeneralPula: 9:38am On Jul 11, 2023
Parallel craniums..

Just yesterday, it was drugs..

Today, it’s fraud..

All in this same India..

Tomorrow India will now Ban Nigeria and they’ll spread all over twitter to start yarning dust..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by FoolishBoy419: 9:43am On Jul 11, 2023
There's no ethnic group that is more vocal about the poor state of Nigeria than these people yet they commit multiple times more crime abroad than all other Nigerian ethnic groups combined. Go to South Africa, India, Philippines, UAE, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, and just about everywhere. Even poor African countries arw complaining about Nigerians. It is always fraud, drugs, cultism, and human trafficking. Just one set of people have successfully gotten us banned or heavily restricted in almost all countries around the world. Can you imagine, even our brothers in Seychelles have banned us. Singapore that gives Africans free Visas have also banned us all. UAE has banned us, and India will soon do the same. You say that others have destroyed the country and are holding you back but like cancer cells, you destroy every "saner clime" you find yourselves in. I think we should just give them their country and go in peace.

15 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by FoolishBoy419: 9:45am On Jul 11, 2023
GeneralPula:
Parallel craniums..

Today, it’s fraud..

All in this same India..

I think we need to start restricting their ability to travel.

6 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by GeneralPula: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2023
FoolishBoy419:

I think we need to start restricting their ability to travel.
I don’t think it’s really needed. It will affect the ones with genuine business..

1 Like

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by FoolishBoy419: 10:08am On Jul 11, 2023
GeneralPula:

I don’t think it’s really needed. It will affect the ones with genuine business..

If the costs outweigh the benefits, the hard choice should be adopted. Besides, don't you think those with genuine businesses are also affected when the entire country is banned?

9 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by helinues: 10:36am On Jul 11, 2023
India are tired of outsiders developing their land

8 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by TinubuDcrook: 10:37am On Jul 11, 2023
helinues:

Like the sons of Bola Ahmed on Saudi death row
Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by Cooly100: 10:39am On Jul 11, 2023
helinues:

Something strange happening in this Nairaland and I thought it was really strange...

You are not allowed to post comments on Yorubas doing the same thing abroad...

I tried it twice...even with evidence from authentic newspapers links and it was removed...

Why do NL want to paint a particular region bad and the others..they will hide or remove the post...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by TinubuDcrook: 10:44am On Jul 11, 2023
Cooly100:

Something strange happening in this Nairaland and I thought it was really strange...

I tried it twice...even with evidence from authentic newspapers links and it was removed...

Why do NL want to paint a particular region bad and the others..they will hide or remove the post...

Just screenshot it and paste

Happened to me when I opened a thread and listed the names of people of death row in Saudi Arabia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by chiagozien(m): 10:46am On Jul 11, 2023
See their Yoruba head
Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by Sharpsharp00123: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2023
FoolishBoy419:
There's no ethnic group that is more vocal about the poor state of Nigeria than these people yet they commit multiple times more crime abroad than all other Nigerian ethnic groups combined. Go to South Africa, India, Philippines, UAE, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, and just about everywhere. Even poor African countries arw complaining about Nigerians. It is always fraud, drugs, cultism, and human trafficking. Just one set of people have successfully gotten us banned or heavily restricted in almost all countries around the world. Can you imagine, even our brothers in Seychelles have banned us. Singapore that gives Africans free Visas have also banned us all. UAE has banned us, and India will soon do the same. You say that others have destroyed the country and are holding you back but like cancer cells, you destroy every "saner clime" you find yourselves in. I think we should just give them their country and go in peace.
I believe it’s time we should let them go, we don’t reason the Same way n they are too criminal minded

They don’t believe in anything legal n due process, to them cheating others is called smart n like people use to say “ na person wey life don tire dey do business with an Igbo man”……even if d share is 99 for him n 1 for u, even that 1 he will rather kill u than give u that 1 even after having 99

That mmesoma case finally brought their leg out, they can justify crime to any extent n to them they are all angels n others are bad

Imagine one of them saying tinubu n Atiku should b killed cos they are thieves but obi deserves president

6 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by Sharpsharp00123: 10:56am On Jul 11, 2023
GeneralPula:

99.9% of those people outside Nigeria are into different crimes

It is the lucky ones that weren’t caught that will come n start talking thrash of how he’s a billionaire

Just know for one Igbo millionaire that made his money abroad n managed to bring it to Nigeria, there are over 500 of his type that are unlucky

When we say each family has a representative in one prison abroad guy no b joke

I wish we can let them go so they can go n form their criminal republic that will b worst than Mexico

4 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by Cooly100: 10:58am On Jul 11, 2023
TinubuDcrook:

Just screenshot it and paste

Happened to me when I opened a thread and listed the names of people of death row in Saudi Arabia

You got it..that was exactly the type I added to someone who posted the image of Abike Dabari and the Anambra list...

...I tried to counter the post to show they do the same...but the giys own remained and mine was removed... cheesy

At least they should maintain balance...
Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by GeneralPula: 11:02am On Jul 11, 2023
FoolishBoy419:

If the costs outweigh the benefits, the hard choice should be adopted. Besides, don't you think those with genuine businesses are also affected when the entire country is banned?
True that. This is a valid point..

Seychelles just banned us. Both the genuine and criminals are going to be affected..

Government needs to do something regarding airport workers too! They’re part of the problem!

Nigeria airport workers are one of the most corrupt on earth. I don’t know why they always see people who travel as rich people. Traveling doesn’t equate riches. People travel for different purposes. Some people even do take loans to travel for business..

But these airport workers always expecting you to drop something! Extorting is in their bloods! Theirs no professionalism in most things they do. They don’t focus on jobs. Rather, what they stand to gain!

3 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by FoolishBoy419: 11:04am On Jul 11, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
I believe it’s time we should let them go, we don’t reason the Same way n they are too criminal minded

They don’t believe in anything legal n due process, to them cheating others is called smart n like people use to say “ na person wey life don tire dey do business with an Igbo man”……even if d share is 99 for him n 1 for u, even that 1 he will rather kill u than give u that 1 even after having 99

That mmesoma case finally brought their leg out, they can justify crime to any extent n to them they are all angels n others are bad

Imagine one of them saying tinubu n Atiku should b killed cos they are thieves but obi deserves president

The thing is just pissing me off. I think their major problem is lack of contentment. Whatever they get, they believe they deserve more. They worship money over integrity at all times, even if it places them in danger. I don't mind that they get arrested but I am tired of seeing these criminals called "Nigerians" in the news. As you said, we are not the same. Every tribe has its fault so it's not that we are innocent but unlike them, we have all acknowledged it but they, out of sheer arrogance, prefer to keep defending the indefensible. I am yet to see any of those that defended that fraudulent girl coming out to admit their error.

Edit.

I am not saying that all of them are the same but I believe over 80% of them have this trait.

4 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by FoolishBoy419: 11:09am On Jul 11, 2023
GeneralPula:

True that. This is a valid point..

Seychelles just banned us. Both the genuine and criminals are going to be affected..

Government needs to do something regarding airport workers too! They’re part of the problem!

Nigeria airport workers are one of the most corrupt on earth. I don’t know why they always see people who travel as rich people. Traveling doesn’t equate riches. People travel for different purposes. Some people even do take loans to travel for business..

But these airport workers always expecting you to drop something! Extorting is in their bloods! Theirs no professionalism in most things they do. They don’t focus on jobs. Rather, what they stand to gain!

It's a pity

1 Like

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by GeneralPula: 11:11am On Jul 11, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
99.9% of those people outside Nigeria are into different crimes

It is the lucky ones that weren’t caught that will come n start talking thrash of how he’s a billionaire

Just know for one Igbo millionaire that made his money abroad n managed to bring it to Nigeria, there are over 500 of his type that are unlucky

When we say each family has a representative in one prison abroad guy no b joke

I wish we can let them go so they can go n form their criminal republic that will b worst than Mexico
E be things bro..
Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by OriOko88(m): 11:14am On Jul 11, 2023
Awon eyan Mmesoma sef! Chaii.mmesoma reminds me of a ss3 student i was dcckin when I was serving in ihembosi in ekusigo local govt of anambra. The perky slimy girl wanted to elope with me to Ibadan..I dodged her pranks. I miss those areas sha.. Oraifite,ozubulu,ihiala and Nnewi. I really rough those areas in 2015.

Buh I heard those areas are now d den of ipob terrorists. Sad!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by Sirjamo: 11:15am On Jul 11, 2023
India Ronu o. They don't want us to develop India like we develop Ragos?

3 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by Kalvan: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2023
I’ve repented from my Igbo bashing, but these people keep on tempting me

3 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by ycat: 5:50am On Aug 08, 2023
This is why we need to start saying 'Yoruba Nigeria' or straight up 'Yorubaland' like in the past, and 'igbo Nigeria' or straight up 'igboland' to let people know who is who. Why is a Welsh able to say I'm from Wales when asked where they are from and english say 'I'm from England' at the US imigration, but we can't? Thailand already knows the ethnic make up of Nigeria as seen in a video where an igbo man was being tongue-lashed by the custom or imigration.
GeneralPula:
Parallel craniums..

Today, it’s fraud..

All in this same India..

3 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by GeneralPula: 6:22am On Aug 08, 2023
ycat:
This is why we need to start saying 'Yoruba Nigeria' and 'igbo Nigeria' to let people know who is who. Why is a Welsh able to say I'm from Wales when asked where they are from and english say 'I'm from England' but we can't? Thailand already knows the ethnic make up of Nigeria as seen in a video where an igbo man was being tongue-lashed by the custom or imigration.
You have a point bro..

Kindly show me the thread or link to the video of the Thailand’s..

1 Like

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by ycat: 6:28am On Aug 08, 2023
You will have to search it yourself.
You can type in something like "ibo man detained by Thai imigration" it's been at least 7 years now. The Thailand imigration was telling him things like "we know you ibo are the ones bringing in drugs."
GeneralPula:

You have a point bro..

Kindly show me the thread or link to the video of the Thailand’s..

2 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by helinues: 6:29am On Aug 08, 2023
Cooly100:

2 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by GeneralPula: 6:42am On Aug 08, 2023
ycat:
You will have to search it yourself.
You can type in something like "ibo man detained by Thai imigration" it's been at least 7 years now. The Thailand imigration was telling him things like "we know you ibo are the ones bringing in drugs."
Lol..

I’ve seen it. I’m not surprised at all. Most foreign countries can differentiate us. Drugs crime is a very sensitive crime. They’ll look deep into your info reach where you came from, where you got born, etc..

Most traveling agent knows this..

2 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by GeneralPula: 6:55am On Aug 08, 2023
FoolishBoy419:
[b]There's no ethnic group that is more vocal about the poor state of Nigeria than these people [/b]yet they commit multiple times more crime abroad than all other Nigerian ethnic groups combined.
Nah lie..

All their recent rants nah hypocrisy. They’ve been with Pdp for more than 20years. Did they rant about Nigeria poor state?

During Pdp, they didn’t remember they needed functioning refinery..

During Pdp, they didn’t remember Biafra or death..

Etc..

They’re just losers rolling like a dot in a circle. ( Buhari was very very right ). Even during Pdp era, they were still losers cuz aside from Senate president, Pdp never placed them for vp nor presidency!

Everything you’re seeing today is a chronic wailing from pathetic serial losers..

2 Likes

Re: Two (2) Nigerian Arrested For 1million Naira Fraud In India by ycat: 7:12am On Aug 08, 2023
Oh ok!
I found another one!

Thank God that they know the tribe that is dealing drugs in Nigeria.

2 mins video

But all you need is the last 45 seconds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5U_x38esvQ
GeneralPula:

Lol..

I’ve seen it. I’m not surprised at all. Most foreign countries can differentiate us. Drugs crime is a very sensitive crime. They’ll look deep into your info reach where you came from, where you got born, etc..

Most estate agent knows this..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Were Casualties Of The January 1966 Coup Northerners And Yoruba? / Dr. D.K. Olukoya Condemns Pastors Over Failed 2023 Election Prophecies. / What Peter Obi Would Have Done Differently To Change Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.