Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:06 AM

How To Overcome Hard Times - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Overcome Hard Times (121 Views)

Shiloh 2023 Live Updates: Redeemed To Flourish In Hard Times / How To Overcome Sexual Immoralities On Campus / "Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Overcome Hard Times by Ifyok50(m): 5:41am On Jul 11, 2023
It doesn't matter which side of the divide you stand on, hard times come to everyone. It doesn't matter whether you are a Christian or not, everyone will definitely have a fair share of suffering in life. (I'm sure you have heard that the rich also cry) And it doesn't even matter whether you voted for the current administration or not, we are in it together. What matters is your response to challenging situations or circumstances. Would you take the easy way out - by committing suicide? Of course not. We are Nigerians, and are very strong people!
You already know that tough times never last, but tough people do. Here are some nuggets to help you sail through these difficult times:

1) Endure - Scripture says, "endure hardness as a good soldier of Christ". And what does that mean? It means keep pushing, moving, persist, don't give up! Why? Because it will surely come to pass! Things will not always be like this for you. There's a glory ahead for you. A place of rest. Your finances, family or business will soon bloom! Just endure! At the moment! Things will change for the better. Jesus too, had to endure the cross for you and I, and you know where He is now. So endure!

2)
Re: How To Overcome Hard Times by Ifyok50(m): 6:05am On Jul 11, 2023
2) Keep your mind on Jesus - You must focus all your attention on Jesus, not letting anything whatsoever steal your gaze. Because, it is in Jesus lies the deliverance of your sufferings or predicaments. So, don't allow anything to steal your focus. Don't allow distractions, the pain or naysayers steal your gaze.

3) Prayer - The Psalmist says, " I will cry unto God, unto God that performeth all things for me". So, wisdom demands that you call unto God in prayers concerning your situation, and not begin to go up and down seeking help. Men will always fail, but God never does. When you call unto Him, He will answer you and show you great and mighty things you never knew. Don't run to men; run to God. Only He has the solution to our problems.

4) Patience - Now, this is one virtue you must not throw the trash! Patience is key! God will bring you out of every challenging situation but you've got to be patient. Don't be in a hurry. God is cooking something up for you. Allow it to 'done'. The Psalmist testified: "I waited PATIENTLY unto the Lord; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry" (40:1) . There will be no 'hearding' if the ingredient of patience is not applied. God will answer you and that shortly, if only you will be a little patient.

Shalom!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/07/2023 / Can We Assume That The Spirit Of A Deceased Loved One Is Always With Us? / How Chinese Authorities Disrespect Religious Sites In Tibet, East Turkistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.