Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa (53935 Views)

Husband Reportedly Beat Wife To Death Over Loaf Of Bread In Anambra / Photos Of The Man That Ate Human Faeces With Bread In Oyo (Video) / Trader Eating Excreta With Bread In Oyo State Caught And Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by starz100: 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
Killing over a mere bread is evil.Some of his killers are not innocent as well.
On the other hand, this is not ordinary.The forces that stopped him from securing a job with his first class certificate also pushed him into stealing.
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by starz100: 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2023
paranorman:
Just because of bread, they too his life?! And someone couldn't even offer to pay for his bread? It's painful..
Am sure you didn't read the post, and if you did,read it again
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by jacobson662(m): 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
OriOko88:
Too bad. Wetin he find go bayelsa sef
He's from Bayelsa, southern ijaw to b precise
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by jacobson662(m): 4:35pm On Jul 11, 2023
7lives:
Something is wrong somewhere.
Aboki wey no get primary school certificate are here, doing all kinds of menial jobs.
They don't steal stupid things like bread, they can afford good foods and they even sent money, to their relatives in the village.
A first class graduate stealing a bread is a prank, I don't believe it

It happened. But I was later told that he has been doing it for some time now. It's even madiga not our normal bread sef. He normally steals d madiga from the bakery, so that particular day, the workers were actually waiting for him by hiding around; he had successfully stolen the first batch n returned back to steal the second batch, that's wen luck ran out of him n he was caught, beaten by the workers n eventually died. Later his relatives beat up the owner of the bakery to comma, it was really a sad event.
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by Qadaffi2idiamin: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2023
horsepower102:
Small thieves get killed. Big thieves get presidency.
cheesy
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by kelspinall(m): 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2023
this is bad
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by waveman2: 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2023
Read the article very well they offered to pay for the bread double fold but the jungle justice crowd were bent on killing him.But Nigeria can be wicked at times and they won't channel all this wickedness and anger to politician that have held them hostage.
paranorman:
Just because of bread, they too his life?! And someone couldn't even offer to pay for his bread? It's painful..
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by naijapikin2(m): 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
What kind of horrible news is this?

This news just slowed down my day. May his soul find rest in peace.
Those wicked killers will get their own share of their evil doings.

Bastards
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by waveman2: 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2023
But they would have handedbhim over to the police or still since you know he steals bread why not sack him.
jacobson662:

It happened. But I was later told that he has been doing it for some time now. It's even madiga not our normal bread sef. He normally steals d madiga from the bakery, so that particular day, the workers were actually waiting for him by hiding around; he had successfully stolen the first batch n returned back to steal the second batch, that's wen luck ran out of him n he was caught, beaten by the workers n eventually died. Later his relatives beat up the owner of the bakery to comma, it was really a sad event.
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by paranorman(m): 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2023
starz100:

Am sure you didn't read the post, and if you did,read it again

I did. Tried to modify my post but it returned an error. Tried multiple times till I gave up. It's sad man
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by Tyktoker: 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2023
Im a pub admin graduate with 2nd class upper. A lady where I use to jack building blocks upstairs on a construction site use to taunt me whenever I say I'm a graduate telling people I'm only claiming what I am not and that a graduate can't be jacking blocks. But I don't care because I have to eat while looking for that life changing job. People should humble themselves to do menial jobs while waiting for their breakthrough!
Ihateheadslamer:
tongue

Man shall not live by bread 🥪

1 Like

Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by od4life(m): 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2023
jacobson662:

But was he really a 1st Class graduate?
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by gudugudumeje: 5:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
UI has no Business Admin. as a course of study but Economics, et al. Nb

1 Like

Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by Allanoba: 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2023
DynamicWriter:
Hunger doesn't want to know your grade or level of intelligence. When hunger come, you must find something to eat first.

This country doesn't deserve this young and promising guy at all.

RIP to him embarassed 😭
I need for my online magazine I am about to start

In case anyone needs a content writer, kindly check my signature for my contact info.
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by Allanoba: 6:04pm On Jul 11, 2023
[quote author=Allanoba post=124359073][/quote]
My number 08069724093
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by Allanoba: 6:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
If this story is true then those youth nor try! Flogging and keeping him alive should ave been better
If u check na illiterate kill this young man! He didn't steal money,he didn't steal phone.just bread 🍞 that wil digest and wil be flushed
Naso Nigeria be! The real thieves are celebrated
May the judgement of God fall on all who made Nigeria like this and those wicked youth who killed a fellow youth coz of bread
May his soul rest in perfect peace
Abeg I wan marry that him sister 🌹 If she never marry
Make I shame those wicked uncle's
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by UnabashedIPOB: 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2023
He was beaten to death by angry youths for stealing a bread this morning, Neighbors and friends who saw the incident rushed to the scene of the actions and pleaded with the angry youths to allow him leave, stating they will pay for the bread in double folds but the angry youths decline the plead of the people as they killed him.

I find this MOB mentality and action very disconcerting. I get it, he stole something that he had NO legal right to unless he paid for it. But the question that reasonable people need to ask is "Whether the crime fits the punishment?" And without equivocation, the answer is Absolutely NOT! To pass a death sentence on such a misdemeanor criminal infraction is beyond the pale and should NOT be allowed in a sane society. It's ironic to say that this same mob would all of a sudden become COWARDS when terrorist Fulani herdsmen invade their communities. They would be nowhere to be found.
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by Babaibe: 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2023
UI has no Business Administration as a course but Economics. Stop tarnishing the University name for emotional gain. However RIP to the dead, and may kamal catch up to those who lynch the man.
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by Standardcosting(m): 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2023
OkoAnike:

university of IBADAN doesn't run admin program, hence I doubt this story.

what you can get in UI is Engineering, Science, Social science, art and linguistic and Education.

Thanks, I was expecting this comment
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by edgecution(m): 7:07pm On Jul 11, 2023
greatiyk4u:
First class graduate of University of Ibadan, Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi has been beaten to death in Bayelsa for stealing bread.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0JpCeHy3h9tV5e2ZxUEGYqxB7ZczNi9rrXVNRdCLpCZf1GhKKTWWw2kc8ST5GeYRvl&id=100053881129641

Is there any course like Business ADMIN in UI?
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by edgecution(m): 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2023
7lives:
Something is wrong somewhere.
Aboki wey no get primary school certificate are here, doing all kinds of menial jobs.
They don't steal stupid things like bread, they can afford good foods and they even sent money, to their relatives in the village.
A first class graduate stealing a bread is a prank, I don't believe it

THE STORY IS COOK UP. NO BUSINESS ADMIN IN UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN. THE CLOSEST YOU CAN GET IS ECONOMICS.
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by Pascal9: 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
He only crammed other people's idea, but doesn't have the wisdom and knowledge to navigate the practical world of reality, i know many masters degree holders that are derelict, education can help you if you are wise and hardworking.
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by Newness2019: 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2023
greatiyk4u:
First class graduate of University of Ibadan, Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi has been beaten to death in Bayelsa for stealing bread.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0JpCeHy3h9tV5e2ZxUEGYqxB7ZczNi9rrXVNRdCLpCZf1GhKKTWWw2kc8ST5GeYRvl&id=100053881129641

NON OF THEM WILL ESCAPE THE WRATH OF GOD.

THEIR LEADERS ARE STEALING THEIR FUTURE AND THEY CANNOT DO ANYTHING TO THEM...........

CURSED YOUTH................
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by Emmanuel909090: 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2023
Why kill him? He only stole just to eat and not to be rich.

Most Nigerians and naturally wicked.
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by nikz(f): 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2023
horsepower102:
Small thieves get killed. Big thieves get presidency.

Nailed it
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by JujuYouth: 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
I feel for him.
Many more of these stealings will be reported since the drug peddler assume office and decided to suffocate the poor.
Oshodi to Obalende that use to be at most 300 to 400 is now 1000.
I paid on Saturday i was like wow! Drug guzzler you do this one.
Imagine people who work on the Island and lets say you get 60k as salary.
You have to cough out 3,000 everyday as transport fare if you live at Ajao.
60k goes for transport alone and some evil soul sentimentally dey praise the present government.
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by Topshow2010(m): 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2023
I seriously pray the news is fake....how can we be so wicked and brutal to ourselves ;beating a human being to death just bcuz of bread sadno no it's too inscrutable and preposterous to fathom.
Haba where is d humanity in us .. embarassed
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by Tekahashi: 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2023
knowing Nigeria he might be innocent
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by Mac2016(m): 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2023
greatiyk4u:

People shd stop this jungle justice. Abeg.
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by galantjoe(m): 11:31pm On Jul 11, 2023
Why having first class in a reputable UI, he couldn't secure any job. Was it not his village people at work who finally sent him, to land of no return
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by isabi2lof: 1:26am On Jul 12, 2023
This is bad undecided
Re: Opuofoni Freeborn Ebimotimi Beaten To Death For Stealing Bread In Bayelsa by djseanjohn77: 5:48am On Jul 12, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Sadly, half of those that carriedoutthis dastard inhumane act are thieves themselves, and have done worse, their is every likelihood that one of them will be an armed robber

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Declares 4 Nigerians Wanted, Shares Pictures Of Suspects / Alaba Traders Receiving Treatments After Clash With Thugs / Murder Gang "Badoo" Nabbed In Ikorodu By Mob (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.