Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments (17318 Views)

Governor Otti Makes 26 New Appointments / Buhari Fires Board Heads Of NCC, NIPOST, NITDA, Others; Makes New Appointments / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by LegacyB: 9:01am On Jul 12, 2023
Nairaland and Comedy!

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by OredoPikin: 9:01am On Jul 12, 2023
siofragspot:
Joe IGBOKWE is a commissioner in Lagos o...Federal character

They should appoint Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, other tribes into their cabinet for the sake of One Nigeria and unity.

Chai.....for a state managing it little resources with many appointed members still to be made
How many well to do Yorubas are in Abia state
They are all beggers
Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Lotanna2: 9:02am On Jul 12, 2023
richidinho:

Tinubu's special advisers are all yorubas, 21 out of 28 security heads are all yorubas in a country of about 350 ethnic groups

He has already ignored the Federal character that is boldly captured in the constitution of the country, his predecessor whom you so much adore did worst than him

Sharrap,only three out of 8 advisers and 4 out of 20 heads of security

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by stepaside2: 9:03am On Jul 12, 2023
This many SA, SSA, GM, Chairmen etc No commissioners yet. Alex Otti should be careful with having a bloated cabinet and strings of advisers etc. Abia cannot afford a big government
Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by OredoPikin: 9:04am On Jul 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Another 100% Igbo appointments, making it 51 Igbo-only appointments so far. This is a state where Aba is o; same Aba that has other Nigerian tribes well represented
U dey mad
How many well to do Yorubas or hausas are Abia?
What contributions have any other tribes brought to Abia development?
How many non igbos supported Otti to warrant appointments
Mumu
Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Mrnairalandd: 9:08am On Jul 12, 2023
Obinwenite:

Go and become one yourself. Abi your legs are broken or are you forbidden from becoming one.

You guys talk like people without exposure.
Go to bauchi, Kano, kwara…. Go to all parts of Nigeria and you will count thousands of igbos with houses and shops but the same can’t be said of other regions. During my NYSC in Bauchi state, you will see igbos with their plazas and houses scattered all over the state ,everywhere but you can’t say that to others.

Joe igbokwe and likewise somany igbos has been actively involved in politics in Lagos from ages despite the obvious tribalism. You are not doing them a favour!.
It takes guts to buy form and contest elections in a toxic environment.

Do you think igbos really care about you joining their politics?…. Nobody cares.
Tribalism is what you guys breath … nothing else. See how you guys wants to create tribalism in an innocent list.

No one forbids you guys from buying forms from political parties.l and contesting with your money. Are you the one that borrowed them the money to contest?.

Igbos are all over Nigeria buying properties, building houses and risking their lives to join politics and you stay in your house to write nonsense. Nonsense

Shut up! Shut up shameless pig!

It irritates me to high heaven when i see an Igbo person accusing anyone of tribalism when tribalism is naturally ingrained in Igbos’ DNA.

You are the only tribe in Nigeria history that have systematically put walls in place against other tribes to live and thrive politically and economically.

I have lived in Enugu state before, and i can tell anybody for free that it ll be totally impossible to get an employment in that region with your Yoruba or Northern names. If you doubt me, go and check how many other tribes in their civil services in the whole. east, it ll be none.

And finally, there are few other tribesmen who were born and bred in the East but they would never get political appointments cos they are not Igbo.

All Nigerians have been accusing your region of extreme tribalism with hard evidences but all we get from foolish bigots like this living dead is “Igbos have shopping plaza” we have businesses in other regions but others don’t have businesses…

How is it possible for Non Igbos Nigerians to get political appointments in USA, Canada, Ireland and UK while the Igbos keep deluding and deceiving themselves that they are not tribalistic.

I can’t wait for my generation to begin to hold sway in South West, every little unwarranted opportunity given to d Igbos must be given to my own people. It’s high time other region copy your system and excuses.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by OredoPikin: 9:09am On Jul 12, 2023
Throwback:
You cannot vote 95% for a fellow Igbo and call my own tribe as tribalist for voting a fellow Yoruba at 60% of votes cast.

You cannot have the politics and political appointmens in the SouthEast to be exclusively for Igbos, but you want to participate in the politics and political appointments of other regions.

This is why Ahmadu Bello came up with the Northernization policy when he was the Premier of the North.

Simply beacuse some people having exclusively occupied all the positions in their own region, wanted to be allowed to compete for roles in the North.

Despite all the lamentations of Igbos about their phantom discrimination in other parts of Nigeria, they are the ones who still boast that they have displaced "lazy" indigenes in their home region, while no tribe can displace Igbos in their own home region.

A weird case of an aggressor crying that he is being assaulted, and hoping that will prevent the 'foolish' victim from seeking redress.

Go and make yourself useful in Abia
Invest heavily in Abia like the igbos do in Lagos
If u want an appointment
Mugu
So beggars constituting nuisance on the street should be giving appointment🤣🤣
What has federal character got to even do with states?
Sense is very far away from u
Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Mrnairalandd: 9:17am On Jul 12, 2023
paramakina202:

What is the economic,social and political contributions of non Igbo in Abia state to deserve appointment?
If non Igbos want political appointments they should come and start investing in Abia state first.

Shut up your mouth and stop spew this gibberish

If other tribes are tribalistic like the Igbos, they too could come up with their own excuses all the time.

97% Igbos living in other regions engage in kiosk-size businesses of buying and selling, how is this a contribution to state development?

There are thousands other Nigerians who were born and bred in the East, living in your midst but tribalism won’t let you guys see them.

The Igbos are the only tribe in Nigeria history that would tell you why Igbos need to be appointed and why others should not be appointed, this is madness

3 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by gbolswag(m): 9:27am On Jul 12, 2023
Sanwoolu take note.....no appoint any igbo for Lagos

I don't mind hausa

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by mrvitalis(m): 9:28am On Jul 12, 2023
Segzy19:
Abia isn't suitable for investment. It's like a waste to invest in such places.
Charity begins at home. We yorubas invest at home, and we ain't fugitives.
Our region is peaceful, fertile and good for business. That's why we don't invest outside when we are yet to fully harness what we have. That is why you guys also leave your place to rush down to the southwest for investment. If your region is good, your people won't be investing in other regions while you suffer lack at home

Yet Abia houses more investment than any South West state outside Lagos

Yet Abia does billions of trade with Cameroon and Gabon?

Go and sleep

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by paramakina202: 9:28am On Jul 12, 2023
Mrnairalandd:

Shut up your mouth and stop spew this gibberish

If other tribes are tribalistic like the Igbos, they too could come with their own excuses all the time.

97% Igbos living in other regions engage in kiosk-size businesses of buying and selling, how is this a contribution to state development?

There are thousands other Nigerians who were born and bred in the East, living in your midst but tribalism won’t let you guys see them.

The Igbos are the only tribe in Nigeria history that would tell you why Igbos need to be appointed and why others should not be appointed, this is madness

You rather shut your stinking smelly hole you call a mouth up.
We should travel to your mud houses in Ilorin,Ekiti,Ondo etc and bring you to Abia state for political appointment.Ndi ara.
Enugu state just appointed a Yoruba man as head of their broadcasting corporation but no, Igbos are tribalist while the people who planted tribalism into Nigeria politics are still going about destroying Igbo properties because they did not vote for their prefered candidate.
How many of you own a house outside Yoruba land?How many of you own a business outside of Yoruba land?That is how to know tribalist.

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Coolgent(m): 9:28am On Jul 12, 2023
Throwback:
You cannot vote 95% for a fellow Igbo and call my own tribe as tribalist for voting a fellow Yoruba at 60% of votes cast.

You cannot have the politics and political appointmens in the SouthEast to be exclusively for Igbos, but you want to participate in the politics and political appointments of other regions.

This is why Ahmadu Bello came up with the Northernization policy when he was the Premier of the North.

Simply beacuse some people having exclusively occupied all the positions in their own region, wanted to be allowed to compete for roles in the North.

Despite all the lamentations of Igbos about their phantom discrimination in other parts of Nigeria, they are the ones who still boast that they have displaced "lazy" indigenes in their home region, while no tribe can displace Igbos in their own home region.

A weird case of an aggressor crying that he is being assaulted, and hoping that will prevent the 'foolish' victim from seeking redress.

That's the bitter truth!

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by mrvitalis(m): 9:29am On Jul 12, 2023
benitwater:
will your tribalistic people sell land your land to Yoruba man?
But they sold to a Fulani man to build refinery, they sold to Chinese in Aba... Told say u no get money oga

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by zedegit: 9:34am On Jul 12, 2023
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/governor-otti-makes-fresh-30-appointments-see-list/

Na papillo own sweet my belle pass.

Papillo I know say one day you go make us proud. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by JOemmy(m): 9:35am On Jul 12, 2023
Throwback:

What is the major contribution of other tribes in terms of investments in abia to deserve them been given any appointment? Igbos invest massively in states like lagos so they deserves political appointments there because they are helping lagos to develop u can't just come from no where and be shouting to give you appointment when u contribute absolutely nothing to the development of abia state.
Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by CJStarz: 9:41am On Jul 12, 2023
Fire on,bro...

Obinwenite:

Go and become one yourself. Abi your legs are broken or are you forbidden from becoming one.

Go to bauchi, Kano, kwara…. Go to all parts of Nigeria and you will count thousands of igbos with houses and shops but the same can’t be said of other regions. During my NYSC in Bauchi state, you will see igbos with their plazas and houses scattered all over the state ,everywhere but you can’t say that to others.

Joe igbokwe and likewise somany igbos has been actively involved in politics in Lagos from ages despite the obvious tribalism. You are not doing them a favour!.

Do you think igbos really care about you joining their politics?…. Nobody cares.
Tribalism is what you guys breath … nothing else. See how you guys wants to create tribalism in an innocent list.

No one forbids you guys from buying forms from political parties.l and contesting with your money. Are you the one that borrowed them the money to contest?.

Igbos are all over Nigeria buying properties, building houses and risking their lives to join politics and you stay in your house to write nonsense. Nonsense

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Ambitious21: 9:42am On Jul 12, 2023
Johnrake69:

Lol… which environment did Yorubas create for other tribes to strive? Small time Una don mention Lagos. You can’t point to any bridge done by Lagos state government from first to third mainland bridge. Common Apongbon bridge Lagosians needed to wait for federal government to come fix it.

Easterners are entrepreneurs and it will be almost impossible to outshine them. There’s no special incentive for Igbos even in the south East. Land is not sold to an Igbo man at a discount. Infact they pay more.

You go dey for Osun state dey cap nonsense. How many states in Nigeria have you been to?

States that are dying to have investors come invest are places like Benue and Taraba. If you want to build something for business those guys can actually donate land. I have been made such an offer in the past.

South West when land grabbers and Omonile no go allow person rest.

See you talking rubbish. I have spent my last three years in the east and Benue. You have no point.. you are just saying rubbish...

You can only say all this to someone that doesn't know you people. I know you people in and out..

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by CJStarz: 9:43am On Jul 12, 2023
Bros, dey have o....Baba Tunde Herbal center wey dey treat infections

mrvitalis:

Name one Yoruba investment in Abia

If Yoruba had 10% of Igbo investment in Lagos in Abia they can easily become governor
Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by oyeb15: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2023
Igbos won't even admit Yoruba in their universities. They read Igbo authored books. They eat only from Igbo vendor and send their children to Igbo owned schools.

Igbos are tribal bigots.

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Cassandraloius: 9:46am On Jul 12, 2023
Well-done sir!
Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Parrot69: 9:57am On Jul 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Another 100% Igbo appointments, making it 51 Igbo-only appointments so far. This is a state where Aba is o; same Aba that has other Nigerian tribes well represented
You are indeed a capital M.O.R.ON.
A born foool for life. And you you will die soon with Bitterness.
Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Nicenixon: 10:01am On Jul 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
pls wetin concern you? Leave Abia state affairs for indigenes, not outsiders living there. Lagos made a mistake of involving other tribes in managing the affairs of the state and they've learnt their mistake. This is state level, not federal.
Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Segzy19: 10:08am On Jul 12, 2023
So why are you still rushing down to Lagos?
🤷🤷🤷

mrvitalis:

Yet Abia houses more investment than any South West state outside Lagos

Yet Abia does billions of trade with Cameroon and Gabon?

Go and sleep

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Emperormartin(m): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2023
Is that not John obuh? The former coach of super eaglets
Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Nicenixon: 10:14am On Jul 12, 2023
Obinwenite:

All you wrote up there is nonsense. I live in southeast and I will tell you to your face that Lagos state politics is not toxic compare to southeast region accommodating other tribes in their politics. We have other tribes that own properties in southeast also without making noise and they've live there for long time. Igbos will also treat you like outsiders no matter how nice you are to them, even to join the youth level politics is a problem. In fact, as a matter of fact, I'm little bit more comfortable with igbos from Enugu state because they tend to be a little bit liberal and sensible than other igbos likewise Yoruba too, I am comfortable with some and I'm not comfortable with some too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Josephkabila12: 10:16am On Jul 12, 2023
ibos has never created environment for a stranger to excel. People should check their markets and the civil service in the southeast, they occupy everywhere without accommodating other tribes

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Nicenixon: 10:18am On Jul 12, 2023
ecolime:

I disagree with you on this.

Dem yapa for Lastma and councils. What of state schools? Igbos make up over 30% of primary and secondary school teachers in Lagos.

Lets not even mention the state tertiary institutions. Yorubas are more Liberal than every other tribe.

My current coy here in PH is owned by a Yoruba man and Igbos dominate the entire company. Infact, people from Rivers and neighbouring states like Bayelsa & Akwa-Ibom no even reach 20% of the total workforce.

I love Igbos but the vast majority of you folks complain too much which is a turn off to your hosts. Learn to be appreciative.
It is their fault now, some of them limit their thinking to their environment and social media. They thought what is happening in their environment is the same happening everywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Basic123: 10:19am On Jul 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

Name one Yoruba investment in Abia

If Yoruba had 10% of Igbo investment in Lagos in Abia they can easily become governor
You want unknown gun men to kill the investment or even wake up one day burn the man house for probably being a Muslim.
Very intolerant God forsaken region

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Cooly100: 10:24am On Jul 12, 2023
Ambitious21:

You are saying rubbish. Igbo has never created environment for a stranger to thrill.. stop your nonsense write up..

Even in your backyard in Lagos...you don't dominate anything...

Food and meat are northerners

Trade and commerce are South easterners.

You can't compete in your area and you want to do so outside..

No be juju be that?
Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Raf4: 10:24am On Jul 12, 2023
paramakina202:

So why you'all asking for appointment where you have zero investment?
No be madness be that?Btw,tell me how many Yoruba,Hausa etc that got political appointment in those states you mentioned.
Which Yoruba and Hausa man is investing in SS?How many of their even own a house there?

Nobody needs your fvcking appointment, it is you Igbos that are wailing here and there pokenosing into other people's political affairs.
No one moves to a dead zone, your land is barren!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Cooly100: 10:26am On Jul 12, 2023
Basic123:

You want unknown gun men to kill the investment or even wake up one day burn the man house for probably being a Muslim.
Very intolerant God forsaken region

In Calabar, Uyo, PH, Yenego, Asaba....common Benin which is close to you...

How many investments do you have there...

You people use lies and propaganda for every issue.

Na wahooo..
Re: Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments by Cooly100: 10:28am On Jul 12, 2023
Nicenixon:
All you wrote up there is nonsense. I live in southeast and I will tell you to your face that Lagos state politics is not toxic compare to southeast region accommodating other tribes in their politics. We have other tribes that own properties in southeast also without making noise and they've live there for long time. Igbos will also treat you like outsiders no matter how nice you are to them, even to join the youth level politics is a problem. In fact, as a matter of fact, I'm little bit more comfortable with igbos from Enugu state because they tend to be a little bit liberal and sensible than other igbos likewise Yoruba too, I am comfortable with some and I'm not comfortable with some too.

Stop being emotional with this rubbish...

How have you been treated in Markurdi, Asaba, PH etc...

You guys take your lies too far...

Shame...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What I Will Miss After My Tenure – Fayose / Buhari Survives Plot To Scuttle Re-election Bid / President Buhari Frowns At Violence And Killings In Zamfara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.