Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? (27611 Views)

My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money / "I Left My Money & Bag In A Taxi In Kano, The Muslim Driver Returned Them" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by DropsMic(m): 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hmm
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Sandralight(f): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by LegallyBlunt: 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
Agbadocassava:
It’s a volunteering job you’re not expected to be paid but to be compensated in kind or cash… move on dear
Can you read and comprehend

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Otundaola: 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
Alexxx2000:
Good day, all. I am typing this with a lot of frustration and anger.

I was among the volunteers asked by this NGO (name withheld ) to serve as an ENUMERATOR. They told me it was a paid volunteer. We were trained in data collection using ODK and Kobotoolbox.

As a student, I had planned how I will use this stipend of 20k to provide my basic needs in school because I have no one sponsoring me.

My section does go out to collate these data on Fridays and Saturdays. Now to the issue!

Just yesterday made it a month and I was expecting the money to get foodstuffs and save like 5k for my next school fees. The program director for North Central told me that I am not entitled to a stipend because the role I am working on is just volunteering and not paid.

I was shocked because when I was told and made to sign a term of agreement it was clearly stated that I will receive a 20k monthly stipend. I then asked them to show me the document and I was surprised to see the term of the agreement was uttered.

What should I do nairalanders to get my money or should I continue without pay to get experience as an enumerator for the outside world?

Please Nlfpmod help me get a wider view. I am in a state of dilemma.

Bro You Can Resale this Package

LEARN OVER 16 MOST IN DEMAND DIGITAL SKILLS
+ Free Access to all the Tools you need for your work

(All for 3k Only)

PAY ON DELIVERY

CATEGORIES OF ALL THE COURSES YOU WILL GET:

Valid for 24 hours Only

• FULL WEBSITE DEVELOPEMENT
• FULL MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT
• ARDUINO PROGRAMMING
• UI/UX DESIGN
• FULL ETHICAL HACKING
• FREELANCING COURSE
• Al/CHATGPT
• ANGULA JS
• FULL VIDEO EDITING
• FULL PHOTOSHOP
• FULL ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR
• AFERT EFFECTS 3D ANIMATIONS
• FULL GAME DEVELOPEMENT
• FULL AUTOCAD
• AFFILIATE MARKETING
• DIGITAL MARKETING
• YOUTUBE COURSE
• SEO
• EMAIL MARKETING
• WORDPRESS
• SHOPIFY
• FULL GRAPHIC DESIGN
• CRYPTO TRADING
• INFLUENCER MARKETING
• AND MANY MORE

Call +2349076501748

BONUSES ACCESS

BONUS 1:

COMPLETELY FREE ACCESS TO ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED FOR ALL THE SKILLS CONTAINED IN THIS COURSES (Eg. ADOBE PREMIER APP, PHOTOSHOP APP, COREL DRAW, ADOBE ILLUSTRATION APP, ETC

PAY ON DELIVERY

👇👇👇👇

Call +2349076501748
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by NaughtyBee91: 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by kevin87: 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
Don't put off your happy story for later! Register on https://searchingforsingles.online/ and open the doors to the world of new acquaintances. Fascinating conversations, unique emotions and the opportunity to find your soul mate await you.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
Alexxx2000:

I was among the volunteers asked by this NGO (name withheld ) to serve as an ENUMERATOR. They told me it was a paid volunteer. We were trained in data collection using ODK and Kobotoolbox.

As a student, I had planned how I will use this stipend of 20k to provide my basic needs in school because I have no one sponsoring me.

My section does go out to collate these data on Fridays and Saturdays. Now to the issue!

Just yesterday made it a month and I was expecting the money to get foodstuffs and save like 5k for my next school fees. The program director for North Central told me that I am not entitled to a stipend because the role I am working on is just volunteering and not paid.

I was shocked because when I was told and made to sign a term of agreement it was clearly stated that I will receive a 20k monthly stipend. I then asked them to show me the document and I was surprised to see the term of the agreement was uttered.

What should I do nairalanders to get my money or should I continue without pay to get experience as an enumerator for the outside world?

Hope u kept a copy? Dats ur only prove.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Kobicove(m): 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2023
The level of corruption in Nigeria is just so mind boggling! angry

Someone has collected the money and diverted it to his personal account

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by kemiomobomi: 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2023
managingpartner:
You too quick to write without reading to understand what he wrote.

Kindly go through that write up again.

quote author=kemiomobomi post=124374234]otilo - grin

but on more serious note - its call Volunteering for a reason. And you are a victim of mis-information. If there is no written agreement, your case lack merit

I read and fully understood, I worked for a NGO for a long time, I know as e dey go.

During mobilization for volunteers, promises would be made but ....
the Project Manager can siphon money
the Oga can say otherwise
the Donors can say otherwise

If there is not written agreement forget it, you are just a Volunteer

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by SuperbCrown: 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2023
Alexxx2000:

Where is the NGO's location?
Do you have a copy of the document you signed with them either the main one or the altered one? You can send it to diademsolicitors2@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by youngsahito(m): 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2023
INSTANTCASH345:
Reading

You are bringing the attention of a whole NL to just 20k matter!

Na so country hard reach?

Reach out to anyone there who can assist you with cash or allowance and then when it's time to pay back , tell them you both didn't sign any documents to that effect.Case closed
dash him the 20k, you just type without thinking.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by kenny160: 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2023
You need advice, you are hiding the company name, if you don't hide now, maybe some people have worked with them before ..anyway sha sorry.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by youngsahito(m): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2023
biggz82:
If na me I go continue then give them yeye record also try my best to rubbish the one I don do before as the change the agreement I go change the record too.
badt guy.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Geovanni412(m): 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
Alexxx2000:

Lawyer consultation fee for one day na like 10k minimum

So, how you wan recover the money?

Nigeria is a heartless place

The judiciary and police are all out to get even the little money you have

Move on....

Pray for better opportunities.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by ipobarecriminals: 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
sadPeople like this Op are WICKED.U withheld the NGO name for 2 reason.

Come again,u mention NORTH, grin.If u don't have a STRONG backup, the Director go CHOP that 20k.I know how the system work. Jf u are a Northerner yourself, u have 70% chance to collect that 20k from that idiot
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by temitope66(m): 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
INSTANTCASH345:
Reading

Reach out to anyone there who can assist you with cash or allowance and then when it's time to pay back , tell them you both didn't sign any documents to that effect.Case closed

People like you are the type who will never give a penny to begger, not to talk of fellow human, how much can you help her with, Cra*y MDF
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by MuslimIgbo: 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2023
Xenry:
OP, deeply inhale, exhale, now shout OTILO, and then forget about the money! 'Cause person wey pass you for power don achieve am! grin
Or deh
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by clusay(m): 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2023
You are not ready. If you are u,if you are u will call their name and shame the Bleep out of them. Or write to the head quarters of the company. Den foul yanch go open and every thing go spoil for all
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Fresh34: 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2023
As the country no hard reach your side, dash am the 20k na..ode
INSTANTCASH345:
Reading

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by lesbiconverter: 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
INSTANTCASH345:
Reading

I'm sure you didn't read this part and decided to display your ignorance. You can assist him with 20k or stfu.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by stasius: 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
No
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Zee0007: 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
Fresh34:
As the country no hard reach your side, dash am the 20k na..ode

You dey mind that one. Some people no sabi talk aswear. To wipe am oraimo cord dey hungry me.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Basheer006: 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
If you are sure of what you signed and the company is a reputable company, go and call them out on social media (LinkedIn and Twitter most importantly). They will give the attention and find a conclusion to your plight
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by correctguy101(m): 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2023
specialmati:
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed what a country use the photocopy and sue them if you have

Lols

How many people would think of having a photocopy unless they've been through what Mr OP has gone through?

The Job market in Nigeria is totally fvccked. Yet there's one useless and incompetent labour and trade union....smh

In Nigeria, take/bear what you can and leave the rest but verily verily, I tell you, if there's any incriminating evidence in ya possession, it's a law of the gods that you use it to get as much as you could from the lawless baastards trying to run you over... angry

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by derico(m): 2:10pm On Jul 12, 2023
NGOs don't pay Salary.

It's a volunteer job...payment is usually not binding.
Whatever allowance they claim they'll give you, they still aren't bound by law to pay you that amount.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Afonja2000: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
Imagine a thread like this with no evidence to back it up is making front page where as an important topic like to this https://www.nairaland.com/7754966/kuda-setting-me-up-need/3 was ignored
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Starboytwo(m): 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
Xenry:
OP, deeply inhale, exhale, now shout OTILO, and then forget about the money! 'Cause person wey pass you for power don achieve am! grin
I helped op with this tho. I inhaled deeply and let it all out. But i didn’t shout sha, I just played the song.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by DanielsParker(m): 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2023
kenny160:
You need advice, you are hiding the company name, if you don't hide now, maybe some people have worked with them before ..anyway sha sorry.

Happy birthday
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Contagious100d(m): 2:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
Dey play o, you wont collect shishi, i have done this type of survey job before way back. Bro talk to someone else in that office and make sure you get paid.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Ebony2King: 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
Agbadocassava:
It’s a volunteering job you’re not expected to be paid but to be compensated in kind or cash… move on dear

Try to read and understand. Agbado has blocked your brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

January Salaries Of Federal Civil Servants To Be ‘delayed Beyond Normal’ – Memo / Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? / Bennet Omalu Inspired ‘concussion' Hollywood Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.