Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,335 members, 7,864,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:24 PM

Is Smoking A Sin? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Smoking A Sin? (384 Views)

This Akwa Ibom Dude Was Smoking A Pipe On Instagram / Slay Queens Show Their Smoking Skills Inside Club (Photos, Video) / “Homosexuality Is A SIN” Young Lady Speaks Of Her Deliverance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Smoking A Sin? by RTID: 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
Sorry to burst your religious bubbles, but smoking is not a sin.

In my short stay in the UK, I noticed that almost everyone smokes and they smoke to keep their insides warm because of their extreme climate.

However, smoking is addictive because of the nicotine content inside.

In fact in some countries in Europe, people can smoke at any time of the day but you can’t buy alcohol before and after evenings. Alcohol is more regulated than cigarettes.

Someone smoking in Nigeria is smoking to fuel his addiction that’s why it looks like a sin. We don’t have a cold weather here.

Some people will argue that anything you take that does not edify your body is a sin. If we are to agree on that then we can go on and say that anything that does not improve your body and anything that is bad for your health is a sin

Tattoos
Bleaching cream
Alcohol
The fat in suya
Sleeping under dirty ceiling fan
Living in Abuja down in Port Harcourt
Entering along bus where the smoke is entering the bus
Drinking untreated tap water
Being in a toxic relationship
Drinking carbonated drinks
Shisha
Not marrying more than one wife to help women have husbands

So you see, all of us dey sin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by MS247: 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
Lol

I smoke like a chimney when abroad, everyone smokes...

But in Nigeria I don't smoke, smoking has negative stigma in Nigeria that I am not ready for

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Balablue64: 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
No it's not, buju even said it in his song,
"Fighting all my demons at midnight, while blowing bare gas through my windpipe"
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by otipoju(m): 1:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
What is Sin.

Sin is rebellion against God.

Smoking is a life shortening habit, it is not a sin
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by donbachi(m): 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2023
Na your body
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by budaatum: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
RTID:

In my short stay in the UK, I noticed that almost everyone smokes and they smoke to keep their insides warm because of their extreme climate.

The above is not true. Smoking does not "keep their insides warm" and no one in UK would tell you it does!

Smoking in fact shortens your life and ruins your teeth and makes you stink and is the equivalent of folding a ten pound note and burning it.

https://www.nhs.uk/better-health/quit-smoking/

3 Likes

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by GodWrites: 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
Remove tattoo from your list. Tattoos not only beautify your body, it boost your immune system to.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kriss216: 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2023
MS247:
Lol

I smoke like a chimney when abroad, everyone smokes...

But in Nigeria I don't smoke, smoking has negative stigma in Nigeria that I am not ready for
@bolded shows you have a lot of 'growing up' to do.

You're not ready to be judged by sinners for sinning differently? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by MS247: 2:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
Kriss216:

@bolded shows you have a lot of 'growing up' to do.

You're not ready to be judged by sinners for sinning differently? undecided

Goodluck explaining to your girlfriend, sister or mother that you only smoke to catch cruise

Just avoid wahala

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Kriss216: 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
MS247:

Goodluck explaining to your girlfriend, sister or mother that you only smoke to catch cruise

Just avoid wahala
I'm an adult.. I owe them no explanation.

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by budaatum: 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
Thehealth47:
Smoking has long been recognized as a detrimental habit, responsible for a wide array of health problems and a leading cause of preventable diseases worldwide. Despite the numerous warnings and campaigns against smoking, its allure continues to ensnare individuals of all ages. This article aims to shed light on the dangers of smoking, exploring its detrimental effects on health and sharing an intriguing story that highlights the perils associated with this harmful habit. Smoking poses a significant risk to both the smoker and those exposed to secondhand smoke. Cigarettes contain a toxic concoction……..

Read more

https://www.healthforty.com/2023/07/dangers-involve-in-smoking.html?m=1
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by BrazilianOG(m): 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2023
Smoking is the only way you will make heaven. Smoking improves your spiritual life -POPE FRANCAIS
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by Childfree: 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2023
Smoking is not a sin especially weed.
That's why the Bible said God is the most High.
Re: Is Smoking A Sin? by budaatum: 12:14am On Jul 13, 2023
Confession!

budaatum is a hypocrite!

Or shall we say, has very too much vast experiences.

(1) (Reply)

How I Cured My Premature Ejaculation And E.D / Why Do White People Make Better Street Ice Cream Than Nigeria / How Do You Know If A Guy Likes You In A Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.