Stats: 3,194,025 members, 7,953,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:12 AM

Time To Abolish Bride Price - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Time To Abolish Bride Price (8213 Views)

When The Bride Price Is Too High For Him To Pay / Why Do Yorubas Return The Bride-price To The Groom's Family? / The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Time To Abolish Bride Price by PERVERT9: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2009
@POSTER if na joke make you stop am o,i get 7 female shedrens and i don infest a lot on dem and i must reap the froot of my nebo,so wait make my shedren marry finish before you abolish bad prize na so una go dey spoil market for people na me say make you no get female shedrens? tongue
Re: Time To Abolish Bride Price by stcarlie: 8:51pm On Feb 16, 2010
Guys,

I am not so interested in the bride price thing, I think the list of things you have to provide is what I really want to have an idea of. I am not Ibo, and I would like anyone in the house to give me an idea of what they would require from the groom when I go to Ideato south, Imo state, to marry my princess (I would like to propose to her and marry her a couple of months later - the list, whether friendly or not will not change anything though as lon as we agree to get married). I think having an idea of it will ease my budgeting and plans.

I really would like suggestions and those who would like to share their experiences having being to the same place/nearby before. I am not really interested in comparing or judging cultures - just valuable contributions

Re: Time To Abolish Bride Price by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 06, 2013
I will be honored,proud,happy to pay the dowry of my future wife, having said that ,I find nothing wrong in this act.

Pls Teach Me Ishan / Beautiful Ikwerre Names And Meaning / What Do You Women Think About Nigerian Men?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7