Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,122 members, 7,828,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 (15901 Views)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. / How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria / 9  benefits Of Nigeria Repaying  the $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Dubetex96(m): 8:36am On Jul 13, 2023
Rayban25:

Na their way. Even paying back of a peanut loan compared to the debts they still have is an achievement. Even if tinubu shits on the desk in aso rock them fools will still try to rationalize it

my broda we found ourselves in a political polluted society that's why we have such humans in existence
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Risingblue008(m): 8:37am On Jul 13, 2023
Say una pay the interest not part of the payment
Ok?
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 13, 2023
alobright17:
He would've not make the repayment? Or what's your point exactly?

The point is what exactly is worth celebrating about paying back a loan? If Nigeria had shame will a country so blessed by God with natural resources to make plenty wealth more than some first world countries have to borrow money at all?

I dont know why some of you are so limited in reasoning capacity politicians have really fooled you people. Chai.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by worksmart(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2023
Tinubu and eye-service angry
Buhari used to borrow to balance the budget , Tinubu is borrowing before he has even formed his cabinet *SMH*

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Kukutenla: 8:42am On Jul 13, 2023
mrvitalis:
Eurobonds are treasures for heavens sake and must be paid

How is this even news for heavens sake

Nigeria had no option you making it seem like it was tinubu idea or decision to pay the bond?

If he refused to pay nugeria asset would have been sold to pay off instantly and no body would buy Nigeria Bond anymore

Read people read
Oga, the news was released for their sycophants not for you.
They've given them something to hold body for the week.
It will read in their dull minds like Tinubu has paid off all of Nigeria's debt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by alobright17(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2023
Rayban25:

The point is what exactly is worth celebrating about paying back a loan? If Nigeria had shame will a country so blessed by God with natural resources to make plenty wealth more than some first world countries have to borrow money at all?

I dont know why some of you are so limited in reasoning capacity politicians have really fooled you people. Chai.

How much has Tinubu borrowed so far?
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Mayflowa(m): 8:47am On Jul 13, 2023
helinues:
Gradual offloading of out debt ceiling, saving ( so many stopped subsidies ) and no reckless spending.

Slow and steady, better Nigeria ahead with his Excellency president Tinubu.

You don’t understand anything! If you fail to pay that money on July 12, it’s due date, Nigeria’s economy and naira will sink like crazy. You don’t have any choice but to pay that money. You can’t even borrowed if that money is not paid

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by bigcasava1(m): 8:47am On Jul 13, 2023
001Lagos:

Some of you from the Osun state coven of demons are so quick to throw insults

Tinubu APC government borrowed billions of dollars with nothing to show for it , and you expect me to clap for them for paying little part of the billions of dollars that they buried? Get a new brain man.
I like you
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by MightySparrow: 8:48am On Jul 13, 2023
naijapikin2:
Hmmm
This tinubu has started on a good footing. It's too early to say o. That's how baba buhari started too.
Let's wait and see. Not the one that he will now go back in 3 years time to borrow borrow and borrow us to slavery

Buhari, a soldier trained to kill and loot. Tinubu an accountant, trained to be prudent with scarce resources.
They are different, differently.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by AnonymousMike(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2023
001Lagos:
Will that stop Tinubu from borrowing again ?

All this initial gragra sef

All dis pessimistic people sef ........at least the man is doing something after all no be him put us for all dis debt.........though I no vote for am ok but at least I am still optimistic about what he will do........if you think say e easy go dere go rule make you know as e be wen Dey carry about 200 million people problems put 4 ur head

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2023
alobright17:

How much has Tinubu borrowed so far?

How does your question correlate with what I said? Since you feel like being clever by half

I ask again, what is celebratory about paying back loan?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by lexy2014: 8:50am On Jul 13, 2023
helinues:
Gradual offloading of out debt ceiling, saving ( so many stopped subsidies ) and no reckless spending.

Nigeria had previously redeemed a USD500 million Eurobond in July 2018, another USD500 million Eurobond in January 2021, and a USD300 million Diaspora Bond in June 2022. These, together with the USD500 million Eurobond redeemed today, bring the total amount of securities redeemed by Nigeria in the International Capital Market (ICM) to USD1.8 billion.
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2023
[quote author=Writergreat68 post=124383651][/quote]
So we have to pay $31,875,000 interest every year for 10 years that is $318,750,000.
😮!!!!
They used loan to cage us that why black nations will never develop.
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by lexy2014: 8:51am On Jul 13, 2023
Paragon311:
Hope this subsidy removal will generate more funds for the government to offset bulk of these debts.

Well done.

Why are you hoping? I thought removing fuel Subsidy was the solution to all Nigerias problems?

How much funds have been generated from d removal of subsidy from kerosene and diesel?
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by lexy2014: 8:55am On Jul 13, 2023
AnonymousMike:

All dis pessimistic people sef ........at least the man is doing something after all no be him put us for all dis debt.........though I no vote for am ok but at least I am still optimistic about what he will do........if you think say e easy go dere go rule make you know as e be wen Dey carry about 200 million people problems put 4 ur head

What will he do that makes you optimistic?

But the same Tinubu at a time criticised Jonathan heavily and asked Jonathan to resign. Where were u then?

Since he thought Jonathan wasn't doing a good job, he now has d opportunity to do better.

Meanwhile, I guess u missed this part of the article.

Nigeria had previously redeemed a USD500 million Eurobond in July 2018, another USD500 million Eurobond in January 2021, and a USD300 million Diaspora Bond in June 2022. These, together with the USD500 million Eurobond redeemed today, bring the total amount of securities redeemed by Nigeria in the International Capital Market (ICM) to USD1.8 billion.
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Angelfrost(m): 8:55am On Jul 13, 2023
Everything is newsworthy these days about this administration!

You guys seem quite desperate to show off the administration as working!

Why not allow the citizens be the judge through their daily living conditions!
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Ayomivic(m): 8:56am On Jul 13, 2023
I believe those money borrowed by the past administrators were stocks somewhere go after them and recover those money back to pay the debt.
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Chucks13: 9:02am On Jul 13, 2023
001Lagos:
Will that stop Tinubu from borrowing again ?

All this initial gragra sef

Don't worry we know if even Tinubu pay all our debt yet you won't be please so your opinion is nothing just maintain your wailling status ok.

A govt of just one month could coughed out $500m to repay debt yet you are still wailling pls carry on.

Obj cleared a huge part of our debt yet you wailled, Gej came added a bit more debt but have good strategy and he improved our economy yet you wailled so pls carry on but for us by fire by force under this administration we will never experience Buhari failure as God live, Nigeria is my country and I'm proud of it.
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by alobright17(m): 9:02am On Jul 13, 2023
Rayban25:

How does your question correlate with what I said? Since you feel like being clever by half

now let me answer your question. Repayments boasts investment confidence and attracts more investors.

A news is posted of a repayment is that what you called celebration? You rather they don't post the news or what exactly is your point? B

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by alobright17(m): 9:05am On Jul 13, 2023
Rayban25:

I've read the post over and again and I'm yet to see where anyone mention celebration. You can help me with the celebration part.

Okay are you sad that they made the payment?
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by OmoOlomo1: 9:08am On Jul 13, 2023
Great from Tinubu government.
Anything that will make Nigerian great should be paramount to everybody
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Henz81: 9:11am On Jul 13, 2023
Paragon311:
Hope this subsidy removal will generate more funds for the government to offset bulk of these debts.

Well done.
Yeah at the expense of the citizens. The poor Nigerians are paying the money embezzled by the corrupt politicians through subsidy. And somebody is saying Tinubu is working. Nonsense
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by porthouse7(f): 9:12am On Jul 13, 2023
001Lagos:

Show me five sensible thing that the APC led Buhari government did with all the billions of dollars that they borrowed from countries of the world and financial institutions?

I will not applaud criminals that borrowed billions of dollars in Nigeria name with nothing to show for it.
mumu, na ur beloved gej borrow the money
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by iSense247: 9:12am On Jul 13, 2023
001Lagos:

Some of you people from Osun state coven of demons are so quick to throw insults

Tinubu APC government borrowed billions of dollars with nothing to show for it , and you expect me to clap for them for paying little part of the billions of dollars that they borrowed?

Get a new brain man.
You are indirectly insulting Obidients in Osun State. Stop being tribalistic.
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by oyatainer(m): 9:20am On Jul 13, 2023
001Lagos:

Some of you people from Osun state coven of demons are so quick to throw insults

Tinubu APC government borrowed billions of dollars with nothing to show for it , and you expect me to clap for them for paying little part of the billions of dollars that they borrowed?

Get a new brain man.

Cluelessness did not even allow you to check the date of loan. We are talking about 2013 here. When we you learn to reason before you talk?
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Igwe9(m): 9:20am On Jul 13, 2023
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Lordsocrates:

How is this not news, you prefer this to reading "5 things to know about about some dumb yeyebrity" "7 things about the guy that won big brother"

Debt is our greatest burden for now, as a nation, and we need to be enlightened about it, how we got here and how we can get out
Oga, the bond tenure is 10years, it has reached it's maturity time. It is just like saying that Bank paid you back your fixed deposit . Eurobond is auctioned every now and then, Some individuals also invested in it through the Federal government.
Why wasn't the other repayment made by Buhari administration echoed like this?
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Bimpe29: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2023
Renewed Hope is here
helinues:

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 13, 2023
001Lagos:

If not that you're more of a joke than the military, does the army need the permission of state governors before taking-out terrorists?

And which good thing has Tinubu done since his inception as illegitimate president of Nigeria?

Is part of the billions that Tinubu APC government borowed ain't part of the money used in building rail way in Niger republic ?

Abeg how that rail way take benefit Nigeria ?

Where is the air Nigeria that billions was borrowed to float by this same APC government which didn't see the light of the day?

I'm dedicating the underlisted song to you, in admiration of your tenacity and doggedness, and your never tiring efforts at calling out the bullshit of the APC supporters on this platform:

Givin' Dem - Young Willis ft Timaya, Oriental choir.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 13, 2023
mrvitalis:

Treasuries are money you have to pay na bros... Nigeria had zero option zero u can't not pay it...

It's like saying tinubu payed monthly salary you praise him?

Don't mind these buffoons on nairaland!

As if they didn't see it in the body of the thread when it was stated that the same instalment of bonds have been repaid on two good occasions within the last 6years.

Treasury bonds are obligatory debts wey them no born your papa well make you default. The lone fact that Buhari paid them severally and it never made the news should tell you how very mediocre the Tinubu propaganda machinery is.

Just like a father in the home paying his children's fees and you're praising him for doing his duty. APC supporters on nairaland are just big goats!
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Bfly: 10:14am On Jul 13, 2023
So far Tinubu has been operating on false standard.

The bond is due. The Federal government is compulsed to pay.
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Helel(m): 10:20am On Jul 13, 2023
mrvitalis:

Treasuries are money you have to pay na bros... Nigeria had zero option zero u can't not pay it...

It's like saying tinubu payed monthly salary you praise him?

Most of the fools have never heard of treasury, binds and bills b4.
Do you expect them not to be happy? ;
We live in a Clown country.
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by LadiPole: 10:37am On Jul 13, 2023
Let the keep guessing g !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

States Where Trader Moni Has Been Launched / Place Atiku On Security Watch, Miyetti Allah Tells Buhari / Geoffrey Onyeama Presents Letters Of Credence (Photos) To Ambassadors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.