Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 (15900 Views)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Repays Wife's Debt After Social Media Bashing. / How Pramod Mittal Got A $500 Million Bailout In Nigeria / 9  benefits Of Nigeria Repaying  the $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by youngrichnigga: 10:37am On Jul 13, 2023
There's already a plan to re-borrow $500m for subsidy palliatives angry angry angry angry

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by xperiencelove(m): 11:01am On Jul 13, 2023
[quote author=Writergreat68 post=124383651][/quote]
The sad thing about is that fund was borrowed by Jonathan to install CCTV camera within Abuja metropolis but not a single camera was installed.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by samfrancis1(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2023
001Lagos:
Will that stop Tinubu from borrowing again ?

All this initial gragra sef
people always pay to borrow back as far as you haven’t reach the stage where you no longer need help.. so expect more borrow normally .. na make we get wetin to take pay back be main
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Waterlilly: 11:22am On Jul 13, 2023
EcoNews:
Fools should learn to shut their foolish bigoted mouth when you have nothing sensible to course.

you're the fool here
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Shattuck(m): 11:22am On Jul 13, 2023
helinues:

You know, my only prayer for you is not to be acting this your character on NL in real life.

May be you don't even reflect on your activities on this forum , where are all your annointed palm oil candidates in the Apc primary, Amaechi, GEJ, Emefiele and then Lawal at the last minute.

Don't even let us talk about so many other things you have goofed on, try to be listening to yourself sometimes.

You don't seem to see good in others. It's very obvious

Peace!
you guys are the worst supporters in Nigeria's history, your loyalty in never to Nigeria, it is to tinubu, and your loyalty to tinubu is not bound by morality or conscience but by greed and personal benefits, you have no right to speak about patriotism, you have never condemned any wrong this govt has done, it is even more shameful when you realize the very same people blowing the trumpet of tinubu's govt, are the very same people who supported buhari and defended him even to the last day, you can't even make this things up, the guy just asked you your take on some of the numerous ways the govt has failed and as usual your response was to try the gaslighting method of self defence, What a shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Helel(m): 11:26am On Jul 13, 2023
zed7:
Many people are too dumb to understand. This is not an achievement, it's an obligation. The repayment period is about to elapse and the country is obligated to repay.
This is the third repayment, even the Buhari government that borrows everyday managed to repay two installments.

People don't seem to understand the gravity of mess we are in. They make everything political.

Ppl with low IQ would not understand this.
Unfortunately most supporters of one useless and corrupt party would not understand.
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Helel(m): 11:29am On Jul 13, 2023
Kukutenla:

Oga, the news was released for their sycophants not for you.
They've given them something to hold body for the week.
It will read in their dull minds like Tinubu has paid off all of Nigeria's debt

grin grin grin ;
Very useless clowns.
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by djseanjohn77: 11:41am On Jul 13, 2023
001Lagos:

Nigeria total debt is about $105billion so $500million debt repayment is peanut cake compared to the money still owed .

And I'm pretty sure that Tinubu will borrow more like Buhari did

Firstly, you should understand that this figure quoted includes both Federal govt and State govt, and there is domestic debt included in the quoted figure. Total Domestic Debt Stock is N27. 55 trillion (USD 61.42 billion) while Total External Debt Stock is around N18. 70 trillion (USD 41.69 billion). The point is, do many states have the capacity to repay those debt? No.
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Buccalcavity2: 11:48am On Jul 13, 2023
mrvitalis:
Eurobonds are treasures for heavens sake and must be paid

How is this even news for heavens sake

Nigeria had no option you making it seem like it was tinubu idea or decision to pay the bond?

If he refused to pay nugeria asset would have been sold to pay off instantly and no body would buy Nigeria Bond anymore

Read people read
This is actually news. EuroBonds must be paid yes but how you pay it talks about your liquidity and cashflow/debt management.
Just few weeks back, Ghana had to wait on a lifeline to restructure its debt coz it couldnt honor obligations. Guess what, it made news! Many Nigerian banks took provisions for their exposure to Ghanian EuroBonds.
The market will positively react to what you call "Not news", except you don't know how it works.
Opposition must criticize objectively, Not being censorious.
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by SANDAT(m): 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
I guess this total debt of over 100B Dollars should be inclusive of debts owed by States?
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by alobright17(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2023
Rayban25:

How does your question correlate with what I said? Since you feel like being clever by half

I ask again, what is celebratory about paying back loan?
you see how you can’t establish any form of celebration?
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Truvelisback(m): 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
naijapikin2:
Hmmm
This tinubu has started on a good footing. It's too early to say o. That's how baba buhari started too.
Let's wait and see. Not the one that he will now go back in 3 years time to borrow borrow and borrow us to slavery
Buhari didn't pay any debt rather he accumulated a lot of debt.
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2023
alobright17:
you see how you can’t establish any form of celebration?

when you see paying back a loan as your fellow comrades did and taking it as an achievement is that not a form of celebration? i wasnt supposed to reply you but i just need to let you know your delusions.

and you were asking how much trinubu has borrowed so far as a way to defend your criminal(or is yet to borrow)..see the link below and feel free to call it fake news. zombie

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/609468-subsidy-removal-tinubu-writes-reps-seeks-n500bn-for-palliatives.html
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
naijapikin2:
Hmmm
This tinubu has started on a good footing. It's too early to say o. That's how baba buhari started too.
Let's wait and see. Not the one that he will now go back in 3 years time to borrow borrow and borrow us to slavery
false news, propaganda. They didn't pay back shishi
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by alobright17(m): 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
Rayban25:

when you see paying back a loan as your fellow comrades did and taking it as an achievement is that not a form of celebration? i wasnt supposed to reply you but i just need to let you know your delusions.

and you were asking how much trinubu has borrowed so far as a way to defend your criminal(or is yet to borrow)..see the link below and feel free to call it fake news. zombie

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/609468-subsidy-removal-tinubu-writes-reps-seeks-n500bn-for-palliatives.html

These name callings gave me confidence that you’ve lost the debate that’s why you became frustrated and depressed.

I won’t come down to your low level , I’ll rather be dealing with you with questions and truth that hurts you the more .

Now let me ask again how much has Tinubu borrowed?

Would you’ve taken preferred him not to make the payment?

Are you crying because the OP posted it ?

Which part of it is giving you restlessness ?

Where is the celebration?
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by Aguogba(m): 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
Georgry:
grin
The fear of EU election report
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by dannyspeejay(m): 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2023
Anoda Loan LOADINGGGGGGGG
Re: Federal Government Repays $500 Million Eurobond Borrowed In 2013 by MeineMutter: 3:05am On Jul 14, 2023
001Lagos:

Nigeria total debt is about $105billion so $500million debt repayment is peanut cake compared to the money still owed .

And I'm pretty sure that Tinubu will borrow more like Buhari did

States’ debts too are included. Not only FG’s debts.

FG should be deducting elements of states’ repayment before sending their balances to them it states have been lobbying at DMO so as not to pay and be able to shift burdens of reoayment to another incoming administration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Approves N165bn For Construction Of Section 5 Of East-west Road - / President Buhari Attends Lunch Meeting With Investors (Pictures) / States Where Trader Moni Has Been Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.