Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Finished My Mother.. (59553 Views)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
Obiorahpcfg:
Her mentality will 100% change once you lure her to zion prayer movement outreach, Agoh okota Lagos. Most of my friends that left Catholic church has returned with full force after listening to Evang Ebuka Obi and having attended his deliverance session
Na so una dey game people. Dem don game OP mother into confusion sotay she no know which one she go choose again. Continue! undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2023
Ajay7411:

Wake up, Black man!!!

Stop playing Uncle Tom to this religious bullshit.

Imagine warning your fellow black man because of the white man's religion

Wake up, nigga!!!
Mr agnostic, you are the one that needs to wake up
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2023
1Dray:
■ Your mum is churchy and you're are not happy? Would you rather she's witchy? You are lucky to have a churchy mum. Appreciate God for that. Some others have a witchy mother, and are rather battling for their lives and welfare.
A witch who brings home bacon to her family is better than a church mother who sulks her children, and grandchildren, dry in order to line the pockets of her gods of men, men whose only care in this is to build their kingdoms here on earth. undecided

Stop thinking you can reasonably use the same silly stories fed to you by your mogs to reason the world. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
How dare you mention Christ Embassy in such manner. Be warned
How dare you warn someone for calling out the fraud you call a church? Go cry about it, you bitch
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
Mr agnostic, you are the one that needs to wake up
At this point, I'm an Atheist

Y'all need to wake up!!!

Leave this bullshit behind so Africans can grow & develop!

Enough of religion already.

The white man stole all our wealth & gave us religion to make us stupid and control us, yet dumbos like yourself wear it like a fvcking trophy

Wake up, Black man!!!

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Jul 13, 2023
zakkxx:
Allow your mom to worship God, she is on her way to her Father in heaven. She will pray for you more no worry. But, Christ Embassy God no de their na just partnerships brain washing. And first fruit but she fit manage living faith and mountain of fire. If your mama de Lagos let her go to “Bride Assembly Ijesha” na only righteousness and holiness them de preach or if in Delta “Jesus Christ Temple ministry warri by pastor Amos check them out on YouTube and buy decoder for your mother you will not regret it. She can worship God from home. Serving God is not bad, na wrong church bad.
God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; your prayers, praises, offerings/vows/tithes/seed sowing, good works, etc., are tainted by your sins and are filthy abominations to God Meaning that if you are not first righteous, all your prayers, your offerings, your petitions, your praises, etc., never reach God. What this means is that no amount of praying, fasting, seed sowing, church-going, praising, vows, tithes, or offerings, can bribe your way into Heaven at the end of the day. However, all that money lines the pockets of your pastors and their kingdoms here on earth. undecided

God is not an eejit for you. The moment you realize this you will understand how meaningless your services to your pastors are where God is concerned. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2023
zcee:
Your mum can never be redeemed
My mum is a case study
Those men of God in Nigeria are using religion to deal with our Nigerian mums..
They feed on the anxieties of the women and so are able to use the same wide net to catch most of them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2023
Solababa91:
■ Same people complaining of Church ignorantly exploiting them will not drag their foot to run to same MOG when they run into problems that money cannot solve, is that not stupidity?
What problems might those be? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2023
Donpenny:
■ Your mum isn't mad. She just discovered a purpose driven life. The only problem i saw here is moving from one church to another, this is not good for her because of doctrines.
Even the book "purpose driven life" was written by another religious conman to deceive and delude many. The man made his money but how many of those who read his book got to understand from all the vagueries contained what a purpose-driven life means apart from the normal format that is the world? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2023
sinola:
■ My broda, although, I don't like all these church tinz, but let me give u my 10k advice.
It is better that she is excessively into church than the other way round. If your mum is fetish, you will understand the difference between 'Goodmorning madam' and 'Madam goodmorning' grin
That you don't see how what the woman is doing is no different from the fetish you disdain speaks volumes. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2023
salvation77177:
■ OGA, allow your mother do what she likes doing. Don't stand on her way so that you will be an enemy of God. She is not serving you but God her maker Do not meddle in the things if God, it's dangerous.
You are very lucky to have a mother who loves God and you are still complaining Ask those whose mother are into witchcraft and idolatry and you would know what God has done for your family by giving you a God loving mother. Must she attend Catholics to be a Christian?
LOL.... many of you are so far gone that it does not even make sense to bite. You believe God is the reason why OP's mother continues to offload her children's sweat in the pocket of her gods of men? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
eboniest:
Op, please intervene fast before it gets out of hand..This happened to my mum too,a widow for that matter.Infact the pastor brainwashed her to the extent that she sold her only property to sow seed in the church and refused to tell we are children about it,till we found out years later.And the so called pastor had relocated so there was nothing we could do about it.
14: “It will be bad for you, teachers of the law and you Pharisees. You are hypocrites. You cheat widows and take their homes. Then you make long prayers so that people can see you. So you will have a worse punishment.”
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
■ You can only give what you have. If she is happy donating her allowance & staying hungry, so be it. Unless she complained that she is being extorted by pastors. The important thing is her happiness.
You mean kind of like it is OK for your love one, say your son, to donate the allowance you give him to drug dealers and prostitutes? So long as he is not complaining of being extorted by them, the importance thing is his happiness. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2023
kasim155:
■ Why will you say, you feel your mother have a mental disorder, that statement is wrong. Most african Mum are easily brainwash by many of this so called man of God.
It is majorly those with some form of mental deficiency that are easily brainwashed by religious lies. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
Stanbaba30:
■ You are obviously a judge here. How did you come to the very fact that the mother is addicted? So you take his words that his mother is addicted abi? Have you proven it? At least you heard him acknowledge the fact that he’s not going to give her any money again which I think is wicked. There’s no blackmail here anyway. Cheers

Here are some of the symptoms of addiction https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/6407-addiction
Inability to stop: People may use a substance or engage in harmful addictive behavior even if they want to stop. They may have tried multiple times to reduce substance use or behavior but can’t. They may also lie to their loved ones about it or try to hide it.
Increased tolerance: Over time, they may need more of the substance or activity to feel the same euphoric effects as they did before.
Intense focus on the substance or activity: People with addictions become pathologically preoccupied with the substance or activity. They may feel that the addiction has taken over their lives, as they spend more and more time craving, obtaining and thinking of the subject of the addiction.
Lack of control: They may feel like they’ve lost complete control over their substance use or activity and often feel helpless. They may often feel guilty, depressed and/or overwhelmed by their addiction and how much it’s impacted their lives.
Personal problems and health issues: Addiction impacts all aspects of their lives, including their physical health, mental health, personal relationships and career. They may have issues fulfilling responsibilities at work, school or home due to substance use or the activity. Again, despite knowing the detrimental effects their addictions are having on them, they can’t stop.
Withdrawal: People with addiction may experience emotional and physical withdrawal symptoms when they stop using. Physical symptoms include shaking, sweating, or vomiting. They may also become anxious or irritable.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2023
slowice:
■ Lol dey play... You can't predict Satan's move
What Satan? undecided

Do you even begin to realize that religion has led to you folks have essentially made a god out of a character that was never meant to be one? You religious folks practically know more about Satan than you do of the God you claim you serve. Heck, you seem to know even more about Satan than what is presented in scripture of him. Ever wondered how come? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by slowice(m): 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What Satan? undecided

Do you even begin to realize that religion has led to you folks have essentially made a god out of a character that was never meant to be one? You religious folks practically know more about Satan than you do of the God you claim you serve. Heck, you seem to know even more about Satan than what is presented in scripture of him. Ever wondered how come? undecided

Don't know why you re pained man.. Live and let live.. Do you man
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2023
slowice:
■ Don't know why you re pained man.. Live and let live.. Do you man
I am pained because I called out the fact that you seem to know more about Satan than even scripture revealed of him? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by emonkey(m): 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If you had bothered to read the OP, you would have gotten from it that this is a case of a dependent unwisely using limited funds from her son. This is not her own hard-earned money that she is spending here hence the reason why her son is complaining, and rightly too. If he decided to cut her off completely, I bet you would be one of the first to try to blackmail him. lipsrsealed

2. Here's the thing though. The God you lot claim to pray to says He absolutely does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. According to Him, the prayers, praises, giving/offerings/tithes, petitions, "good" works, etc., of the unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and hence an unacceptable abomination to Him. So, your prayers are never in fact answered by God. This means your praying rituals are no more effective than say a humming session. That you pretend it makes your lives happier is one thing but let's not here pretend you are being real. grin

3. Giving it to people who have greater need of it ain't necessarily about greater joy as it may simply just be more about choosing not to be wasteful. You churchians give your pastors your money and they in turn use it to franchise their businesses and income sources, all to the glory of their kingdoms here on earth. I guess if using your sweat to profit another man's legacy here on earth is what gives you joy, I say more grease to your elbow then. undecided

4. Interesting story! I bet your pastor who you keep giving all your money to would not be deterred by such a story when it comes to his leaving an inheritance for his own kids. I remember reading somewhere — Pandora files, I think — that Bishop Oyedepo had money stashed away in a tax-free haven somewhere in some foreign countries for his kids. These so-called pastors and mogs saddle their gullible followers with ridiculous stories such as the one you spewed there in order to deter them from paying serious mind to their duty as parents, while they, our greedy gods of men, continue to stash as much away as they can for their hay days and even for their kids to continue their legacy. Sad isn't it? undecided

With your mindset, it seems you can never understand the power of giving, and how that mere act sets you free from contentions, greed, pride and the senseless desire to hoard things. You'd give someone a goat and hold on to the rope around the animal's neck. Is that giving? When you give money to your own mother and then tell her how to spend it, is that giving?
I quite understand where you are coming from though. It is well.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by alobright17(m): 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
AdaAwka1:

why should you say thison someone's post.
so the one he said to me first you were blind to it I guess ?
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
emonkey:
■ With your mindset, it seems you can never understand the power of giving, and how that mere act sets you free from contentions, greed, pride and the senseless desire to hoard things. You'd give someone a goat and hold on to the rope around the animal's neck. Is that giving? When you give money to your own mother and then tell her how to spend it, is that giving?
I quite understand where you are coming from though. It is well.
1. Jesus Christ is right when He said that you folks don't care about God and the things of God in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 10 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided

The God you lot claim to pray to says He absolutely does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. According to Him, the prayers, praises, giving/offerings/tithes, petitions, "good" works, etc., of the unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and hence an unacceptable abomination to Him. So, your prayers are never in fact answered by God. Your giving never reaches God nor is acknowledged by God. This means there is no power to your giving and definitely no power to your praying rituals, among others since these rituals never reach God as they are all unholy to Him. So unless you are attempting to say that the power you speak of comes from your gods of men, you are not making any sense here. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by alobright17(m): 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
PepeXKermit:

Lol. If you no fot dey gice your mama 200k a month, e mean say na she dey feed you. Oga. You wont hear from me again. Many of una no reach. Lol
I won’t hear from you again ? That’s coward comment .

Now let me say it again I don’t need to brag about giving my mother money online like low life like you does , besides bragging is different from doings.

You can use mouth to give her money but in reality the poor lady is all over the place complaining about how a useless son you are .
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by demoBaba: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

You can only give what you have.
If she is happy donating her allowance & staying hungry, so be it. Unless she complained that she is being extorted by pastors. The important thing is her happiness.

Did you sense any happiness in her, with what his son wrote there? From experience that's what most pastors are.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by emonkey(m): 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ is right when He said that you folks don't care about God and the things of God in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 10 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided

The God you lot claim to pray to says He absolutely does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. According to Him, the prayers, praises, giving/offerings/tithes, petitions, "good" works, etc., of the unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and hence an unacceptable abomination to Him. So, your prayers are never in fact answered by God. Your giving never reaches God nor is acknowledged by God. This means there is no power to your giving and definitely no power to your praying rituals, among others since these rituals never reach God as they are all unholy to Him. So unless you are attempting to say that the power you speak of comes from your gods of men, you are not making any sense here. undecided

What are we saying and what is this one saying? We are talking about how regular people achieve happiness through the mere act of giving, and this one is quoting Bible and Jesus to refute that suggestion. You are a very funny person. Please what is the title of your Tiktok page so that I may subscribe.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by slowice(m): 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am pained because I called out the fact that you seem to know more about Satan than even scripture revealed of him? undecided

And what did I say that is more than what the scripture revealed? Omo you too talk abeg
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2023
emonkey:
What are we saying and what is this one saying? We are talking about how regular people achieve happiness through the mere act of giving, and this one is quoting Bible and Jesus to refute that suggestion. You are a very funny person. Please what is the title of your Tiktok page so that I may subscribe.
1. You mean the fabled power of giving where people pat themselves on the back for giving to another. At least you are not attempting to connect that to God who instead said that our joy should not come from such things. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
slowice:
■ And what did I say that is more than what the scripture revealed? Omo you too talk abeg
Your claim that satan has moves that can possibly be deciphered for one. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by emonkey(m): 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You mean the fabled power of giving where people pat themselves on the back for giving to another. At least you are not attempting to connect that to God who instead said that our joy should not come from such things. undecided
Funny guy. I now understand that you have a one-track mind. If anyone takes Christians away from your sight, you'd be very miserable indeed because of nothing left for you to attack. Sorry o.
PS: You go chop banana?
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by obama99: 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2023
Tell her if she breaks down those church will only come and visit her and pray for her once and after such prayers na bye bye be that . If she die , she die for nothing. There should be moderation I'm everything.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by victorazy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
sotall:

Ode!

It's think not thinks.

Go back to primary school.

grin akuya u know nothing.

See this recalcitrant yaning rubbish to me grin

Stingy idiot. grin
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Solababa91(m): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2023
Metaphysical
Kobojunkie:
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Solababa91(m): 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2023
I believe you know some problems are extraordinary.
Kobojunkie:

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them / Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.