Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Finished My Mother.. (59551 Views)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by JooEeL(m): 2:45pm On Jul 14, 2023
Farid24224:

Don't care what you say, your opinion.. šŸ„±šŸ„±

From ur name and arab slave masters, I can tell ure hopeless.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Farid24224(m): 3:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
JooEeL:

From ur name and arab slave masters, I can tell ure hopeless.

Duhhhh!!!!
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by emonkey(m): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
I will not be surprised if Kobojunkie, JooEel and SultanofPuna are one and same person. One initiates a debate; another determines the desired conclusion and the last supports the argument. Waste of time to contribute any opinion here.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by JooEeL(m): 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
emonkey:
I will not be surprised if Kobojunkie, JooEel and SultanofPuna are one and same person. One initiates a debate; another determines the desired conclusion and the last supports the argument. Waste of time to contribute any opinion here.

I will also not be surprised if emonkey is a hired monkey of kpejeworo Jagabandit Apayan.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
ā–  My Opinion, Your Opinion. Everyone is entitled to his. Kobojunkie, you were evasive in our last argument so I won't bother to engage you in another. āœŒļø
I am never evasive so long as the truth of God is concerned so stop lying! undecided

You churchians instead to attacking the messenger rather than the message when you find yourselves cornered and I hate entertaining you lot in your folly is all. undecided

Jesus Christ spoke truth about the way of your kind.. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
emonkey:
See! This is typical churchian tactic.... attack the messenger instead of the message when cornered by the Truth of God. You folks really don't believe in Jesus Christ at all, rather it is your gods of men that pilot your minds. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Tingotoe: 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
Deepspirituals:
. You mean that it's The Government that brought the idea that Prayer doesn't bring Wealth ...? Read What you typed above .

Secondly ,A Jobless Man with all the Academic Qualifications,For 10 years now he has been looking for a good Paying Job ,He couldn't get any ,They Turned him down ,He Became Frustrated and settle down for a 25k Teaching job .

Later he decided to take up an Okada work ,the 25k job wasn't okay .

His Mother Asked him to Travel down ,She advised him to join her in a 3 days fasting and Prayers .

She told him..Son ,write Fresh Applications and send your CV to all those Places you did before ,send to different places too .

Son did ..Like a Magic ,He Got offers from 4 Multinationals Organisation.

He Works in one of them today ,He lives in Great Affluent now .

To make Wealth Sometimes you could get all it takes but you need a Spiritual step to Achieve it .

God does Make Wealth ..
I feel like crying for you grin grin
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by DrDunamis(m): 9:41pm On Jul 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Depth of what sacrificial giving? So all that Jesus Christ said of God desiring obedience over sacrifice obviously went over your head? undecided

By the way, God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; your prayers, praises, offerings/vows/tithes/seed sowing, good works, etc., are tainted by your sins and are filthy abominations to God Meaning that if you are not first righteous, all your prayers, your offerings, your petitions, your praises, etc., never reach God. What this means is that no amount of praying, fasting, seed sowing, church-going, praising, vows, tithes, or offerings, can get anyone close to the power of God. undecided

You claim that what you call sacrificial givings do something in his life. And I wonder by what power except the one that drains his resources in order to line the pockets of her gods of men? undecided

Rom.5.14 - Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
Rom.5.15 - But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Rom.5.16 - And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
Rom.5.17 - For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom.5.18 - Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom.5.19 - For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Rom.5.20 - Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom.5.21 - That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

KINDLY EXPLAIN WHAT THIS SCRIPTURE SAYS IF YOU CLAIM TO BE LEARNED AND INFORMED OF THE THINGS OF GOD. BE CAREFUL HOW YOU JUST ACCRUE TO YOURSELF TROUBLES THAT WERENT MEANT FOR YOU BY JUST MOUTHING OFF AT ANYONE ONLINE
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by emonkey(m): 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
See! This is typical churchian tactic.... attack the messenger instead of the message when cornered by the Truth of God. You folks really don't believe in Jesus Christ at all, rather it is your gods of men that pilot your minds. undecided
JooEeL:

I will also not be surprised if emonkey is a hired monkey of kpejeworo Jagabandit Apayan.

Continue to fool yourselves. In any case I have reported you to MODs for multiple account.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
DrDunamis:
ā–  Rom.5.14 - Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
Rom.5.15 - But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Rom.5.16 - And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
Rom.5.17 - For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom.5.18 - Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom.5.19 - For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Rom.5.20 - Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom.5.21 - That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
ā–  KINDLY EXPLAIN WHAT THIS SCRIPTURE SAYS IF YOU CLAIM TO BE LEARNED AND INFORMED OF THE THINGS OF GOD. BE CAREFUL HOW YOU JUST ACCRUE TO YOURSELF TROUBLES THAT WERENT MEANT FOR YOU BY JUST MOUTHING OFF AT ANYONE ONLINE
1. My first inkling was to ask you why you quote from a passage that has absolutely to do with any of what you or I said in previous posts, but I decided to bite anyways to see if you would realize this for your own self. undecided
12 Sin came into the world because of what one man did. And with sin came death. So this is why all people must dieā€”because all people have sinned.
13 Sin was in the world before the Law of Moses. But God does not consider people guilty of sin if there is no law.
14 But from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, everyone had to die. Adam died because he sinned by not obeying Godā€™s command. But even those who did not sin that same way had to die. That one man, Adam, can be compared to Christ, the one who was coming in the future.
15 But Godā€™s free gift is not like Adamā€™s sin. Many people died because of the sin of that one man. But the grace that people received from God was much greater. Many received Godā€™s gift of life by the grace of this other man, Jesus Christ.
16 After Adam sinned once, he was judged guilty. But the gift of God is different. His free gift came after many sins, and it makes people right with him.
17 One man sinned, and so death ruled all people because of that one man. But now some people accept Godā€™s full grace and his great gift of being made right. Surely they will have true life and rule through the one man, Jesus Christ.
18 So that one sin of Adam brought the punishment of death to all people. But in the same way, Christ did something so good that it makes all people right with God. And that brings them true life.
19 One man disobeyed God and many became sinners. But in the same way, one man obeyed God and many will be made right.
20 The law was brought in so that more people would sin the way Adam did. But where sin increased, there was even more of Godā€™s grace.
21 Sin once used death to rule us. But God gave us more of his grace so that grace could rule by making us right with him. And this brings us eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Romans 5 vs 12 - 21
The passage above is basically Paul drawing a line to show that Jesus Christ's gift of Eternal life is not like Adam's sin and the effect it had on mankind. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by JooEeL(m): 9:16am On Jul 15, 2023
emonkey:

Continue to fool yourselves. In any case I have reported you to MODs for multiple account.

Is that all? Oh what idiocy! Let me help you call their attention here.

Seun, Justwise... please come and take a listen to this guy whose shame dey shame me.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by MozartBethoven: 11:49am On Jul 15, 2023
How dare you mention Christ Embassy in such manner. Be warned

Was that the only church or congregation mentioned. What is so special in that church. When you allow so called men of God to brainwash you.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by victorazy(m): 7:42pm On Jul 15, 2023
sotall:

Ode!

It's think not thinks.

Go back to primary school.

Is "is" not its. Ode! grin
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by DrDunamis(m): 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. My first inkling was to ask you why you quote from a passage that has absolutely to do with any of what you or I said in previous posts, but I decided to bite anyways to see if you would realize this for your own self. undecided The passage above is basically Paul drawing a line to show that Jesus Christ's gift of Eternal life is not like Adam's sin and the effect it had on mankind. undecided

Wow, and you failed to see that part of that gift šŸŽ is Righteousness
Like seriously
You should see 2 Corinthians 5:17-21
It would help your faith.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 11:17pm On Jul 15, 2023
DrDunamis:
ā–  Wow, and you failed to see that part of that gift šŸŽ is Righteousness Like seriously
ā–  You should see 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 It would help your faith.
1. Sadly, what Paul, who clearly mentioned the Law of Moses at the beginning of that passage meant was that , just as Jesus Christ said in John 3 vs 9 - 18 , the gift of eternal life was given as salvation from the condemnation of sin aka the curse of sin, God's Judgement against the sinners of His Old Law. Basically, the free gift of eternal life is meant to grant you righteousness - freedom- by the standard that is the Old Law of Moses. However, it does not grant you penance as far as God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

2. If this faith you speak of is in the Old Law then I am afraid you are doomed. Jesus Christ was not being foolish when He urged His followers--- those already born-again--- to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and then God's righteousness in order that all these things --- the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God --- shall be added to each. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by DrDunamis(m): 11:23pm On Jul 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Sadly, what Paul, who clearly mentioned the Law of Moses at the beginning of that passage meant was that , just as Jesus Christ said in John 3 vs 9 - 18 , the gift of eternal life was given as salvation from the condemnation of sin aka the curse of sin, God's Judgement against the sinners of His Old Law. Basically, the free gift of eternal life is meant to grant you righteousness - freedom- by the standard that is the Old Law of Moses. However, it does not grant you penance as far as God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

2. If this faith you speak of is in the Old Law then I am afraid you are doomed. Jesus Christ was not being foolish when He urged His followers--- those already born-again--- to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and then God's righteousness in order that all these things --- the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God --- shall be added to each. undecided

Wow...
I'm short of words as at this moment I see the challenge glaring... carry on with the wrong doctrines and teachings...
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by NovusHomo(m): 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

You're entitled to your opinions. You should also respect people's right to freedom of worship, especially if it doesn't in any way infringe on your own rights. wink

Who's talking about worship? One could equally worship in the corner of one's bedroom, rather that be among a**-twerking, dik-daring congregations. grin
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by delpee(f): 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2023
Heroicvic:

Thanks for this piece
We're good now... God bless you

Awesome. God bless you and your family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by dettolgel: 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Which God? God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; your prayers, praises, offerings/vows, good works, etc., are tainted by your sins and are filthy abomination to God Meaning that if you are not first righteous, all your prayers, your offerings, your petitions, your praises, etc., never reach God. So, where you people get say your many churchian prayers bless your families? undecided

I think you missed the point. If her prayers are not answered at home or at a particular church then it won't be answered all the other places she has been jumping to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them / Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.