Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,058 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Finished My Mother.. (59557 Views)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Bigchristo: 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Religion has turned my mother into a shadow of herself.
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics
Back then she was active and bubbling.

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
Everytime church, church, church
Yet she never gain anything from it
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

I feel she might have a mental disorder and I don't know how to save her.
She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do
Lets be realistic about this whole thing, Christianity is a religion that they use to brainwash we Africans most especially Nigerians into thinking they need to donate to church to stop devora from spoiling their wealth, have you seen any man on Forbe list who are Christians? Smh make una Dey play oo Oyibo wey bring this religion to us 80% nor Dey go church una inherit am

Note you are only a Christian because you were colonized by England lets take for instance we were colonized by China we would have been Buddhist or maybe colonized by Saudi Arabia we all would have been Muslims, don’t get this wrong God is everywhere he is the same God that both religious called in different ways and different names

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
If only you know what her prayers is doing for you unseen, you won't come here to expose yourself and not her. Her prayers for you is what is keeping you young man. Learn to appreciate her and not criticize her. Good or bad she is still your beloved mum.
God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. The prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to God who cannot stand that which is unholy. So unless your pastor is the one answering your prayers, God has nothing to do with them. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Timoleon(m): 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
Buy the foodstuff for her. Reduce the cash allowance. Na church be her opium, allow her breeef

10 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Chibuzoripob: 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
angry Free her. Ogun l’aye. .As long as dem nor scam her
SultanOfPuna:
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Gangster1ms: 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

I swear you just described my mum too.
She is currently behaving the same way and we are Catholics too.

This your post has just gingered me to do everything possible to scatter her connection with anything Pentecostal. Woman wey dey bubble dey plait hair before, now she's looking old and tattered. Not that she lacks money or anything. As you see me so, If anyone tells me face to face that he's a pastor i might beat him to death

13 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by ukpahu(m): 10:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
Praise the Lord

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by twilliamx(m): 10:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
Candidlady:
Iam thinking your mum needs deliverance from a father in catholic church to deliver her from attending redeem/winners/MOF....

Religion is very funny ithink it is Christianity that makes religion very hilarious

A so called christian trying to deliver another christain from being a Christian who attends another denomination

Very laughable

---ishould really pipe down on these angel dust----
Lmao.. Since you are seeing money to send to your mum, maybe her prayer over you is working, she is not into drugs or anything vile and she has not forced you to follow her path, she is an adult and she has done well enough to train you so let her live her life. Maybe it's this associations that has kept her alive by giving her people to talk to and more. But anyway she is your mum and you know her better than us here so do what you think is right.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by obinna58(m): 10:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
Maysdevices:
Calling someone’s mom fickle minded like they aren’t men eating grass in South Africa because of their pastors.

Next time specify who you’re calling fickle minded whether it be some one else’s mom or yours, don’t drag the rest of us or our moms into it.
It’s a general thing, moms are easily deceived by pastors, my mom went to level of leaving some important things she could use to gain for herself to go and pray in the church, I warned her using both her silly bible and even threatened her cos she never reach that level since I was born, I believe she felt she’s finally winning her enemies, I was ready to comot my hand for her matter if she had continued

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Gbadebo19(m): 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

I feel those pastors might have told her that something evil will happen to you (her children). That is most likely the reason she is doing all in her power since she feels you might not hear her out or understand her point of view.
In my opinion, i think you should try sit her down and talk with her about the spiritual. You might be able to decipher a thing or two from what she says.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by TheOldGods: 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
IconicR:
How dare you mention Christ Embassy in such manner. Be warned
shut up. What is Christ embassy? If not a place to feed on the poor.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2023
duro4chang:
She is doing the right thing. She is praying for you people and that is why you are being blessed. Remember John Wesley's mother
Praying to whom? A God that made it clear He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous? The God who made clear that your prayers, praises,offerings, good works are made filthy by your sins and are hence an abomination to Him? You do realize that by that what God said is all your prayers amount to absolutely nothing if you are not first righteous. So how can you claim she is doing the right thing when all she is embroiled in are meaningless religious rituals? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Freemasonry: 10:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
E be like say some of these churchpreneurs dey this thread oo.

Notice how they're rising in defense of their criminal enterprise.

Christ wasn't extorting anyone during his earthly ministry. But these chaps are all about the paper.

Their emotional and spiritual blackmail is also topnotch.

Op, I think I agree with the suggestion to starve her of funds for a little while, let's see if her spiritual fathers will water her as she has watered them.

Remember, this is meant to be a short time experiment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by MeineMutter: 10:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
Are you based abroad? If yes, invite her over. Let her stay with you for like 3 to 6 months. She would see things differently.

I suspect she has been brainwashed.

Those s.cammers called pastors would have saddled her with too much church responsibilities and activities, which would make her more relevant. And their mama no too dey religious o.

Jobless graduates who turn pastors. Reading motivational books to sc.am people.

13 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Dittodat: 10:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
Women are the easiest to brainwash with religion. Not sure that there's anything you can do about it besides giving her money to spend on these Churches (Business Centers)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Jul 12, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
■ Only wrong thing here is jumping from Church to Church. Let her remain in one & all will be fine.
If OP had said his mom was visiting babalawo with his money, would you have said the same? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by GreaterFuture(m): 10:30pm On Jul 12, 2023
Candidlady:

Very laughable

---ishould really pipe down on these angel dust----
Ohh... You use/take Angel's Dust too??
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
Dittodat:
Women are the easiest to brainwash with religion. Not sure that there's anything you can do about it besides giving her money to spend on these Churches (Business Centers)
Nonsense! All those men wey carry religion for head wey full every where, particularly the hypocrites who demand that women be chaste while they pull out every excuse in the book for their convenience, dem be wetin? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by duro4chang(m): 10:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Praying to whom? A God that made it clear He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous? The God who made clear that your prayers, praises,offerings, good works are made filthy by your sins and are hence an abomination to Him? You do realize that by that what God said is all your prayers amount to absolutely nothing if you are not first righteous. So how can you claim she is doing the right thing when all she is embroiled in are meaningless religious rituals? undecided
You are misquoting bible.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
duro4chang:
You are misquoting bible.
Typical religious excuse! undecided

Spoken like a churchian. God is always wrong and you folks right with your interpretions. undecided

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Seunomobo: 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There is. You can cut them off so reality reveals the uselessness of religion that way. But the flip side is you may also consider your loved one may choose to die for religion then.undecided

He is already gone with religion, just waiting for his death, so he can go meet his imaginary God or Satan.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by 43Ronin: 10:33pm On Jul 12, 2023
they have jazzed ur mother. some of these pentecostal churches are jazzed up biz centres (yahoo++). nothing Christian about them. Take her back to Catholic church and get her away from that location for a while, or she starts selling your properties without you even knowing. She's under very strong Hexes.

6 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Jul 12, 2023
Seunomobo:
■ He is already gone with religion, just waiting for his death, so he can go meet his imaginary God or Satan.
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by staga: 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
She is what we call a transactional Christian. Jumping from church to church looking for what I don't know.

God sets the solitary in families, but the rebellious dwell in a dry land. (Psalm 68 verse 6).

Families here is both nuclear and spiritual family. Just as you cannot change your family, so also you should be in a church and take root there. Those who jump from church to church are like vagabonds with no foundation, no covering. A rolling stone gathers no moss.

I just hope your mother can be sensible about what she is really doing. Is she really after God, or just after things she believes she will get by giving beyond her means? God is not a robber and will never demand from you beyond your ability.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by GoldenGTV(m): 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
[quote author=titilo post=124383954]mine use to do same, until i stop sending her money even if she says shes hungry, her brother also stopped, until she realised the so called men of God were only coming to pray for her cause of money.

Same thing on my mind, provide for all her needs physically and not in financial terms. Though she might still gifts them these provisions but at least she won't want to affect her well being.
Constant check up is also paramount.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
would you have preferred your mother jumping from one babalawo to another and flying in the night; maybe in the process, she would donates you and your children for sacrifice. Nonsense, notice me.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by PaulH07: 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

I hope they haven't started sleeping with her sha?

Women, na to just manage them, my own sister too, gonna be 43 next month, but also church all the time, get has the most terrible behavior on earth.

I'm beginning to see her as a fool at 40 already, a fool forever.

She's a lost cause.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by NigerianAngelo(m): 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Ever in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do

1. Pray a Novena to the Sacred Heart for her (online).
2. A Rosary Novena with the intention of her return to faith and grace.
3. You could fast for at least one day.

All the evils and pentecostalism will be chained by St. Michael, sent back to hell fire.

God bless your family.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
LUAN:
Likely Reasons for her behavior:
She love the Lord
She is praying for the children
She is seeing the light
She want to go to heaven
She is afraid of hellfire
She is Brainwashed***
She is just been emotional for church

Nothing like mental issue as you state.

You forgot to include addiction to the list which clearly explains why the majority of churchians are not able to reasonably reason what they are told and why it is they believe whatever they are fed by their gods of men even in the face of contrary evidence right their in scripture. undecided

Addiction is a mental problem. lipsrsealed
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Befii: 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
Religion also finished Africa my dear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by duro4chang(m): 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Typical religious excuse! undecided

Spoken like a churchian. God is always wrong and you folks right with your interpretons. undecided
I will advise you move closer to God.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by charlesdinho(m): 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
IconicR:
How dare you mention Christ Embassy in such manner. Be warned
a mumu who can kill for his church sighted. be wise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them / Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.