Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,661 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business (27016 Views)

Invest In Agro Business And Food Processing / My Agro Journey - A Personal Dairy & Possible Motivator For Procrastinators. / Secret Of How I Easily Sell All My Agro Produce Without Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by maureensylvia(f): 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
A lot of experiences I'll share on this thread
I'll start with this one

Please read and digest with maturity

One fateful Saturday morning during the month of November, as early as 5:30am, I was dressed up to go to the village market to source and buy soyabeans for my client

it's a 3 hour journey, I supposed to be in the market latest 8am to source for the Soyabeans. I selected two of my boys to go with me. it was a smooth ride I must say, past 8am we were already in the market...

Majority of the sellers were not yet in the market, I got a bench and sat down while waiting for them to come. My two boys went to drink Shai at Mai shai stand... Shai is Tea. Mai shai is Tea seller

Past 9am there was no signs of the soyabeans sellers... I put on my "Patience" Jacket πŸ˜„

I was already hungry but I didn't want to eat what I saw there. I yawned and yawned no be person tell me to go to the Aboki Mai shai stand to request for a plate of noodles...

My goodness!!! the noodles was tasteless!

I managed to eat only the eggs that was spicy.

Around 10am they started coming. Atlast !! I exclaimed.
But there was a development... the soyabeans I was seeing there was not up to the grade I wanted. soyabeans differs and I wanted the best grade.

After a short while I saw the grade I was looking for but the quantity was so small as I needed a trailer of soyabeans.

I made up my mind to go and come back in the next market day but my boys suggested we go to another market that's more bigger than the one we came to.

After much deliberation, I gave in.

Me: How long will it take us to get there
My boy: In few hours we'll be there
Me: It's alright, let's go.

We left the bush market past 10am boarded a taxi and that's it...
11am we're still on the road!

Me: Haba we never reach🧐
My boy: no ma, we will soon. reach

Me: ok ooo

Few mins later the taxi dropped us, I looked around I was seeing only bushes no market. Hiannn Sule this is not market na.

He told me here ends where motor can go the rest of the journey will be on bike

whaaat!!! I exclaimed

My boy: Don't worry ma we will soon reach

Me: ok oooooπŸ€”

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by maureensylvia(f): 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
Bike man: madam ur money na 7 taaasan

Me: huh! is it for the two bikes or just me?

Bike man: only u madam two okada 14 tasaan!!!

Me: (talking to myself) no be small thing o
7thousand .. where in heaven's name is this here in Kano that this man is charging such

Well, I climbed bike. this is where the real journey happened!

11:45am the journey began, the road was so lonely filled with trees and bushes no human being except bike men and my boys on the road

One hour later I was still on bike!😲😲😲

Jehovah onye okada isi noo ebee ka ibu m aga? I shouted
we kept going

I saw few humans planting tomatoes waved at them, they waved back with smile lol

we kept going, I saw some old women at a watermelon farm, waves at them they didn't wave back... lol they'll be like who's this alien

2 hours later I was still on bike, I was just confused. jewee ejewe adihii mma, lawa alawa adihii mma

I stopped seeing humans again just trees and bushes and trampolines covering some harvested crops.

I became scared 😩

I was scared of bandits...

The bike man confirmed my fears by telling me the bandits do come but not as frequent as before.

Me: oh Jesus Christ! increase ur speed limit I just want to see myself out of this bushOne mistake I did: Not wearing Hijab!

I wore trouser and t-shirt to look smart and agile.

Just then I sighted a millet farm, I loved what they were doing I brought out my phone to video them, you can never imagine what almost happened to me, they almost attacked me!

All thanks to the bike man that increased his limit.

I quickly threw my phone inside my bag!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by maureensylvia(f): 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
3 hours, we're still on bike

my bum hurts I was feeling pains underneath
and there's no way I can stop to rest a bit.

At a point, the bike men stopped us... there was a small mountain which is not advisable for me to be on bike and pass.

My boys and I came down we strolled on the mountain on foot while the bike man was driving very slowly on his own.

I looked up the sky and said *(Maureen, you're paying your dues)*...

We came down from the mountain and the journey continued

4 hours later, we're still on bike, it was 4pm already.

I've already concluded on my mind that when I reach there, I'll reschedule an appointment with them and come back this time on a better route.

I kept telling my boys this place is so far, very very far.

I know Kano is large but c'mon this is too far for heaven sake.

No wonder bike man get mind charge me such amount.

Around 4:30pm, I started sighting bags of grains from afar, told my boy he confirmed it was soyabeans!!!

Finally! I exclaimed.

We arrived the destination , I looked around to know which local government is this far in Kano

The signboard I saw shocked me!!!!

Welcome to *KATSINA STATE!!!!*
Whaaat no naa there's no local government in Kano that bears *KATSINA*

I queried my boy.
He said yes ma. we're in *KATSINA STATE*

My head wanted to burst!
So many questions
Wait you mean I climbed bike to come Katsina State

For the first time in my life in Katsina na okada carry me come... Chaiii

The sellers welcomed us, I loved what I saw. The grades were perfect.

A saying goes, _good things doesn't come easily_... This journey of sourcing my soyabeans is a perfect example

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by maureensylvia(f): 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
I exchanged contacts
Off I go

I refused to go the way I came

I preferred to use the main route at least I'll be seeing human beings.

We left around 6pm, entered a taxi, the taxi man drove us to a junction and dropped.

We started looking for another taxi to enter Kano.... there was none!

We managed to see a taxi going to Kano but it was just a single seat remaining and it was getting late

My boys did something that surprised me, they volunteered to enter the booth of the taxi

No naa you can't I said, there's two goats at the back of the booth already.

They insisted cos it was getting late.

My boys sat in the booth half opened with the goats.... chaiii

We finally arrived Kano some minutes to 12 midnight

The next day I went to the hospital to get treated for the wound on my bum... Yeah it's that bad

Hours on bike
Close to 5 hours on bike no be moimmoin

Ok that's the end of one of my experiences

Till I gist una next time

I remain ur Agro Jagagban
Agro Queen πŸ‘‘ Mother

188 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by Tinububalls: 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2023
I like you oh, but do you bleach?

9 Likes

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by Icuib4cu: 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2023

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by liminna(m): 12:01am On Jul 13, 2023
Forget easy or medium, this one plays life hard

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by budaatum: 1:09am On Jul 13, 2023
And you live good story!

8 Likes

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:28am On Jul 13, 2023
Tinububalls:

πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by kristonium(m): 6:42am On Jul 13, 2023
maureensylvia:
I exchanged contacts
Off I go

We left around 6pm, entered a taxi, the taxi man drove us to a junction and dropped.

We managed to see a taxi going to Kano but it was just a single seat remaining and it was getting late

My boys did something that surprised me, they volunteered to enter the booth of the taxi

The next day I went to the hospital to get treated for the wound on my bum... Yeah it's that bad

Hours on bike

Agro Queen πŸ‘‘ Mother

Nnwayin oma πŸ’•

Very risky venture..

May God continue to preserve your life

I see a book coming out of this

Ensure you are documenting them

When you are ready, we can run it together

Obrigado 😘

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by FreedomArmy: 8:55am On Jul 13, 2023
You get mind o.

1 Like

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by MrCuteking(m): 7:02pm On Jul 13, 2023
I love seeing hardworking women. Just as people go to the gym to flex their muscles, so is it necessary to flex your resilience towards achieving your goals.

Meanwhile if you’re interested in getting this fully fenced 1plot of land.

Location: Awoyaya, Back of UBA Olorunlanbe street Community Estate. Logos state.
Title: Family Receipt, Survey Plan, Deed of Assignment.
Land is free of acquisition

kindly call or whatsapp me here

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by Blackestjunior(m): 7:03pm On Jul 13, 2023
Wow...e no easy

1 Like

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
smiley
Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by T2Justman(m): 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
C
Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
Tinububalls:
Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
Hmm
Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by id4sho(m): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
Going to agro market is very difficult, not easy at all tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by easyfem(m): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
Thank GOD say na wifi I dey use to read this mumu story

5 Likes

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by crossfm: 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
Hehehe.

Hustle no easy at all. But that's the only way out.

You strong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by Gabbriell: 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2023
Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, and Hosea! cry

1 Like

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by marvellous2222: 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2023
This one want to look like project topic

2 Likes

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by franugo(m): 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2023
Lol
..na to caution those your boys wey say the place no far

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by Quicksilver5: 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2023
life threatening plus risky, nawa oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by toluleke(m): 7:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
Chair
Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by Quebec91(m): 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2023
cheesy
Icuib4cu:
Local man is speechless, good things doesn't comes easily, nice quote, but shell has 1 saying, SAFETY FIRST.
Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2023
Interesting.... The undiscovered Achebe, your suspense lines are thrilling.

9 Likes

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by Quebec91(m): 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2023
You get mind sha shocked
maureensylvia:
I exchanged contacts
Off I go

Hours on bike

Agro Queen πŸ‘‘ Mother

3 Likes

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by Jesusmystrength(f): 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2023
Wow

2 Likes

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by Sirchiboy: 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2023
Tinubu regime will favour me and my family.
I shall get 7 figure job this year, I shall marry this year and I shall be favoured.

11 Likes

Re: My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business by just2endowed: 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2023
Imagine that there is nothing like insecurity in the north by bandit. A lot of us would have venture in going to the north to buy varieties of farm produce to export on international market. πŸ€”

40 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Get bulldozer and tractor service For your farmland . / 10 Acres Of Fertile Farmland ( With Stream For Sale) N60,000/acre SOLD / 6 weeks and 8 Weeks Old Local Turkeys Are For Sale in Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.