Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. (902 Views)

ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries / ASUU Reveals When Universities Will Reopen / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 2:14am On Jul 13, 2023
As you all know what goes up must come down..

As you also know we Nigerians love you to over do things..

People are just establishing private Universities every were without thinking about the future..

The life span of all the private Universities in Nigeria is currently hanging on a thread...

We may be counting the the end of the era of private Universities in Nigeria..

Why?

I know you will ask ..

Ever since FG introduced the student loan scheme, that was the day the the FG injected a very potent poison, that will lead to the untimly death of private Universities accross the country.

Now parents don't have to spend their hard earned money to train children.. Children on the other hand don't have to depend on their parents to train them, when they can assess the loan scheme and do the needful.

Parents will finally have a sigh of relief... Gone are the days when the windows have to sell their wrappers and properties to train their kids.

Nigerian parents can now save the millions they will spend training their kids in private uni , while their children opt for FG loan scheme for public uni..

Majority of the parents sending their kids to private uni are middle class or above the middle class parents who are still struggling. Most of them will spend all their money training their kids in uni and end up is poverty..

It's actually a Nigerian norm.
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 2:20am On Jul 13, 2023
One the reasons why Nigerians are suffering from endless Poverty is Because most parents spend all that they have to train thier kids and they end up broke after that.

The loan scheme will help them avert that fate only if they are smart..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 2:21am On Jul 13, 2023
Once a child is of age, let them apply for university loans and train themselves..

Nigerian parents should make use of this opportunity..

Save your hard earned money..

Allow your kids take thier destiny in their own hands...

1 Like

Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 2:25am On Jul 13, 2023
The private uni will begin to receive low patronage..

Some sturbon children in glorified secondary school P uni, can now dump the p uni and get admission in public uni, with the aid of the loan..

They don't need to depend on their parents..
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by Writergreat68(m): 2:26am On Jul 13, 2023
Ok nu
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 2:27am On Jul 13, 2023
Children don't have to depend on their parents/ elders any more for uni education..

FG I score you 50/100 on this one.

You are gradually liberating Nigerian youths from their out dated parents filled with many negative and timid ideas...

1 Like

Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 2:29am On Jul 13, 2023
If your stubborn parents still send you to one of the religious P Unis because they want you to be like Oyedepo..

You apply for loan and train your self in Public uni..

You can now train ya sef in the uni..

Yes you can..

It is what it is.

Asiwaju truly no be ju.... Na Juju.

Only on this policy..
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by Babamide(m): 3:42am On Jul 13, 2023
You are making all these noise on loan that the government have started giving out yet. Empty barrel.

2 Likes

Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by falcon01: 7:43am On Jul 13, 2023
You'll pay loan till you die.
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by 07kjb: 8:25am On Jul 13, 2023
Private uni have been more expensive since time immemorial

Do you think that it is the poor that sends there kids to private university?

2 Likes

Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by WeirdAlien: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2023
Nonsense!

The first thing you should know is that, when FG completely removes funding from its universities, students will pay a few millions yearly, maybe even higher than private universities because govt schools have huge overheads that private schools don't have.

Second, the feeble standards of many govt universities will make people to switch to the private ones when the costs are within the same range.

Third, students will look more into universities abroad with higher standards and better global rating - Ghana, South Africa, Egypt, Eastern Europe, etc. where their schooling is not as costly as UK, Canada and co.

1 Like

Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by leroi01(m): 9:25am On Jul 13, 2023
It is quite obvious that none of you read the small print / t & c , attached to the student loans. If you did, you wouldn't be commenting crap.

Nothing will change , except that there will be more uni dropouts.

2 Likes

Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 10:02am On Jul 13, 2023
WeirdAlien:
Nonsense!

The first thing you should know is that, when FG completely removes funding from its universities, students will pay a few millions yearly, maybe even higher than private universities because govt schools have huge overheads that private schools don't have.

Second, the feeble standards of many govt universities will make people to switch to the private ones when the costs are within the same range.

Third, students will look more into universities abroad with higher standards and better global rating - Ghana, South Africa, Egypt, Eastern Europe, etc. where their schooling is not as costly as UK, Canada and co.

Think before you talk..

You think the private uni have higher standards..

You are not exposed.

Most of these private unis in Nigeria borrow quality lecture's from govt uni.. Go and investigate..

They have unqualified lecture's private uni..

You guys are just carried away by the private uni thing....

Typical Nigerian thing..
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 10:04am On Jul 13, 2023
leroi01:
It is quite obvious that none of you read the small print / t & c , attached to the student loans. If you did, you wouldn't be commenting crap.

Nothing will change , except that there will be more uni dropouts.

You are wrong, most Nigerians will go to uni..

Nigerian parents will no longer be burdened to death with training their kids..

Taking a loan and repaying, is a normal thing.
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 10:05am On Jul 13, 2023
WeirdAlien:
Nonsense!

You don forget say students loan dey?

What do you mean by students will pay millions yearly..

Most of you don't have forsight, it's just emotions..

I have told you what will happen.

If you want to argue, let's bet on it.

You guys just lack intelligence..

Your type will argue that $1 will not be equal to 810 Naira when Tinubu floated the Naira..

What do you babies know.
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by Blitzking: 10:59am On Jul 13, 2023
The loan makes the students more accountable...if you wan go school you go know say na book you wan go read and if na babes you wan go nack.. after nacking just know say your life don already minus you wan add to am and for the girls you life dey minus you wan go carry belle for a guy too life wey dey minus..parents can now use the money to build for their old age..ppl tend to forget old age is more important than youthful age.. many ppl would opt for learning a skill or trade rather than reading book..most ppl abroad no dey read book..that's why they av shortage of Dr's...tech talents and the rest and dem no con dey over born one to two max on average while a lot no even want any
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by leroi01(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2023
LikeAking:

You are wrong, most Nigerians will go to uni..

Nigerian parents will no longer be burdened to death with training their kids..

Taking a loan and repaying, is a normal thing.

I will reiterate that you read the small print. Particularly the requirements for accessing the loan.
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by WeirdAlien: 6:32pm On Jul 13, 2023
LikeAking:

Think before you talk..

You think the private uni have higher standards..
You are not exposed.
Most of these private unis in Nigeria borrow quality lecture's from govt uni.. Go and investigate..
They have unqualified lecture's private uni..
You guys are just carried away by the private uni thing....
Typical Nigerian thing..

The private schools borrow your public lecturers to deliver quality teaching, the same lecturers who frustrate your efforts in govt uni.
So this is the only point you picked out.
Did you know Covenant University usually takes top 3 in Nigeria, dragging with UI and Unilag? Landmark is in top 10, while Babcock and Bowen are not far behind.
Did you ever attend any university? Please talk like you did. You would know the challenges students face, and why private schools might be a better choice for some people.

You should also find the meaning of the word "feeble", to understand what I said.
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by WeirdAlien: 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2023
LikeAking:

You don forget say students loan dey?
What do you mean by students will pay millions yearly..
Most of you don't have forsight, it's just emotions..
I have told you what will happen.
If you want to argue, let's bet on it.
You guys just lack intelligence..
Your type will argue that $1 will not be equal to 810 Naira when Tinubu floated the Naira..
What do you babies know.

Now I'm convinced you're unexposed.
Do you know how costly it is to maintain a university? Did you know the meaning of the overhead I mentioned earlier? When you have understanding of those, you will see why total university autonomy in Nigeria will make you pay 7 digits for your education yearly.

Don't even mention foreign exchange, you don't sound like you know anything about that.
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2023
WeirdAlien:

Now I'm convinced you're unexposed.
Do you know how costly it is to maintain a university? Did you know the meaning of the overhead I mentioned earlier? When you have understanding of those, you will see why total university autonomy in Nigeria will make you pay 7 digits for your education yearly.

Don't even mention foreign exchange, you don't sound like you know anything about that.

I won't insult or talk down on you.

Time will prove me wrong or right..

U guys always argue with too much emotions.
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2023
WeirdAlien:

The private schools borrow your public lecturers to deliver quality teaching, the same lecturers who frustrate your efforts in govt uni.
Did you know Covenant University usually takes top 3 in Nigeria, dragging with UI and Unilag? Landmark is in top 10, while Babcock and Bowen are not far behind.
Did you ever attend any university? Please talk like you did. You would know the challenges students face, and why private schools might be a better choice for some people.

You should also find the meaning of the word "feeble", to understand what I said.

It doesn't work like that...

No serious lecturer goes to lecture Inna private uni for full time..

The ones they hire are usually just hustling... They don't give their 100%.

Leave all those stats they can be bought..

What's the bench mark for measuring it in Nigeria..

Don't be moved by unneccesary stats..

That are all paid for..

U gt?
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by WeirdAlien: 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2023
LikeAking:

I won't insult or talk down on you.
Time will prove me wrong or right..
U guys always argue with too much emotions.

Who are the "you guys"? Why do you think I'm one of "you guys"? Kindly clarify.
Maybe that prejudice is not making you to see my point.

LikeAking:

U guys lack exposure..
U are too emotional..
Typical Nigerians..
Think...
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2023
WeirdAlien:

U guys lack exposure..

U are too emotional..

Typical Nigerians..

Think...
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
WeirdAlien:

Who are the "you guys"? Why do you think I'm one of "you guys"? Kindly clarify.
Maybe that prejudice is not making you to see my point.

The owners of these Private unis don't even send their children to them, cos they know the truth..

Go an investigate.

Think..

You have to expand your comciousness.
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by ghettochild(m): 7:50pm On Jul 13, 2023
U r posting nonsense..as long as ASUU lecturers don't get the pay increase they always demand..private universities will continue growing.
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by gammarays(m): 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2023
LikeAking:
If your stubborn parents still send you to one of the religious P Unis because they want you to be like Oyedepo..

You apply for loan and train your self in Public uni..

You can now train ya sef in the uni..

Yes you can..

It is what it is.

Asiwaju truly no be ju.... Na Juju.

Only on this policy..

Mugu
Hope you know the conditions attached to the loan 🙄🙄🙄
I don't blame someone who's brain is filled with agbado and cassava
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 10:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
gammarays:

Mugu
Hope you know the conditions attached to the loan 🙄🙄🙄
I don't blame someone who's brain is filled with agbado and cassava

You are the mugu here, there will always be T & C for thing like this.

Nothing is free, even in Free town..
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 10:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
ghettochild:
U r posting nonsense..as long as ASUU lecturers don't get the pay increase they always demand..private universities will continue growing.

When will you surport something that will benefit you?

P Unis will die..

This I have seen.
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by ghettochild(m): 8:50am On Jul 14, 2023
LikeAking:

When will you surport something that will benefit you?

P Unis will die..

This I have seen.

U have seen nada like ur brother unrighteousness...
Stop dreaming private universities will keep increasing.
The likes of Babcock even offer msc n PhD programs
So stop dreaming.
Re: FG Students Loans - Private Universities will soon be dead in Nigeria.. by LikeAking: 9:24am On Jul 14, 2023
E
ghettochild:

U have seen nada like ur brother unrighteousness...
Stop dreaming private universities will keep increasing.
The likes of Babcock even offer msc n PhD programs
So stop dreaming.

What's Babcock?

Is that the name of a poultry farm or chicken bread..

Na joke o.

P unis will die.

(1) (Reply)

African Universities Produce Unqualified Graduates! / Blog Site For Nigerian Students / All Oau Freshers In Da House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.