Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio (661 Views)

Bishop Abraham Chigbundu Called For Seed Sowing, Nobody Came Out (Photos) / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by FRANCISTOWN: 5:21am On Jul 13, 2023
Hi guys!
I asked someone ( a Christian now) whether he believes in money ritualism (as in blood money).
He answered with "yes".

So I asked him, "where will the money come from, will it rain from heaven like manna? Even if? There is no bank that prints bills in heaven"

So he answered and said "it's not like that, you know? Favour will just keep coming your way, and least expected people will gift you money"

I laughed and asked him again "Don't people who aren't ritualists enjoy some kind of favour and cash gifts as well?"

He said "yes, they do but not on the same levels".

So that brought me to this.

Don't be deceived. There is nothing like blood money or money ritual.

Money comes to you thru several ways
1. You either earn it (work for it)
2. You are gifted(not always consistent)
3. You might find it coincidentally(very very rare)
4. You borrow it
5. You beg for it .

Have you ever wondered why many Nigerians are poor?
It's simple, instead of them to work and think innovatively. They think one imaginary drunken sky daddy will bless them, so their pastors con them , deceive them and brainwash them into paying tithes and offerings.

Let's do a simple maths.

For someone who earns ₦50000 monthly,
His tithe and offerings every month, aside seed sowing and donations is ₦6000

Now for a whole year ₦6000 × 12 = ₦72, 000

Let's say the person has worked for 10 years and has been a faithful tither.
₦72,000 × 10 = ₦720,000.

Now let's say this same person got the job @ 26years.
At 36, he has ₦720,000
In Nigeria, even with this current economy. You can start several side hustles with that amount.
You can go into cowpeel (ponmo) business.
You can open a small shop, and start selling rice at a discount sale price.
You can go into animal husbandry, poultry even fishery(though that's time consuming).
You can rent a land and plant vegetables (those ones don't waste time) so much more you can do.

Instead of your pastors to teach you these things. They'd rather you bring that 10% to church and expect one imaginary friend to bless you. Ha! If their god was capable of blessing anybody, he should start from the church. He shouldn't need your 10%.

Now ask yourself, If tithes and offerings makes for blessings. Christians should be the richest in the world. Your tithes and offerings are as impotent as your god.

The more you pay your offerings, the more broke you are.

Save up your tithes for 10 years , and even the interest on it alone is encouraging.

Money doesn't come by magic, it comes by simply understanding the principle.
Money has a principle.

One of these days I'll share how I became very rich from nothing at 21. How I lost everything before 24. How I became rich again and still lost everything.

Though it's hard getting up now, but I've been up twice, and I'll be up again.
Trust killed me. I learnt a terrible mistake, now I'm wiser. The only thing you should trust in life is yourself.

Now mind you, some people pay more than 10% as tithes.
Go to mosques. They also make daily contributions, just that it's minimal compared to the christians.

Any sensible person knows money cannot be literally sown as seeds. It won't germinate, there is no law of nature that makes money germinate.
Your tithes and offerings are helping your pastors, not your god. Your God doesn't live.

Do you think the god of the whole world would require your money? Dey play.

No God has the ability to bless any human, do you know why? They don't exist.

Take charge of your life now. Don't depend on fairies, you'll be disappointed.

Good morning

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by Farraheights: 5:47am On Jul 13, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:
Hi guys!
I asked someone ( a Christian now) whether he believes in money ritualism (as in blood money).
He answered with "yes".

So I asked him, "where will the money come from, will it rain from heaven like manna? Even if? There is no bank that prints bills in heaven"

So he answered and said "it's not like that, you know? Favour will just keep coming your way, and least expected people will gift you money"

I laughed and asked him again "Don't people who aren't ritualists enjoy some kind of favour and cash gifts as well?"

4. You borrow it
5. You beg for it .

It's simple, instead of them to work and think innovatively. They think one imaginary drunken sky daddy will bless them, so their pastors con them , deceive them and brainwash them into paying tithes and offerings.

Let's do a simple maths.

₦72,000 × 10 = ₦720,000.

At 36, he has ₦720,000
In Nigeria, even with this current economy. You can start several side hustles with that amount.
You can go into animal husbandry, poultry even fishery(though that's time consuming).
You can rent a land and plant vegetables (those ones don't waste time) so much more you can do.

Instead of your pastors to teach you these things. They'd rather you bring that 10% to church and expect one imaginary friend to bless you. Ha! If their god was capable of blessing anybody, he should start from the church. He shouldn't need your 10%.

Now ask yourself, If tithes and offerings makes for blessings. Christians should be the richest in the world. Your tithes and offerings are as impotent as your god.

Save up your tithes for 10 years , and even the interest on it alone is encouraging.

Money has a principle.

One of these days I'll share how I became very rich from nothing at 21. How I lost everything before 24. How I became rich again and still lost everything.

Trust killed me. I learnt a terrible mistake, now I'm wiser. The only thing you should trust in life is yourself.

Go to mosques. They also make daily contributions, just that it's minimal compared to the christians.

Any sensible person knows money cannot be literally sown as seeds. It won't germinate, there is no law of nature that makes money germinate.
Your tithes and offerings are helping your pastors, not your god. Your God doesn't live.

Good morning

These are the ancestral seeds of the colonizers...

Observe the pattern. Nice observation man✅

Even thesame religious text pointed it out to its *believers* that you are right man, but trust Nigerian ignoramus

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MightySparrow: 8:23am On Jul 13, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:
Hi guys!
He answered with "yes".

4. You borrow it
5. You beg for it .

Let's do a simple maths.

₦72,000 × 10 = ₦720,000.

At 36, he has ₦720,000

Money has a principle.

Good morning

I wish your experience were a gospel truth. That is your expectation.. In Africa, we are deep rooted in spirituality. To say there is no blood money, you are joking Sir! Only teach us what you know and stop rationalizing what you don't.

You were up twice, God will raise you up again.

Giving to God or gods is a practice as old as man's existence. It cuts across every race and clime, and time. You would discover that shrines and mosques and cathedrals and temples are atimes the most beautiful buildings in most places.

So, people believe in the invisible God/ gods for blessings. I do also.

Your calculations are reasonable. Have you ever thought of an energetic man sleeping with a perfectly beautiful woman, married as virgins and perfectly healthy, yet no child?

I guess you might have seen people more intelligent than you and with less achievement than yours. Possibly also, people you consider yourself wiser than but have better achievements.

Life's graph is never a straight line through the origin.

Let people live their conviction.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:42am On Jul 13, 2023
If you're sure of your ideology of:

"WÈRÈ LA FI Ń WO WÈRÈ"

Why not enter their place of worship and stop them?
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:46am On Jul 13, 2023
MightySparrow:

In a nutshell you're not against the believe of anyone.
So why creating threads against other people's conviction?
Or you don't think Muslims should be given the right to live their conviction? smiley

MightySparrow:
Good morning brethren. Please re there clear cut prophecies about the rise of Islam? Going true the prophecies of Daniel and Revelations, it doesn't look like Islam is ever implied. Contributions please.
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MightySparrow: 8:55am On Jul 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

In a nutshell you're not against the believe of anyone.
So why creating threads against other people's conviction?
Or you don't think Muslims should be given the right to live their conviction? smiley

Am I against the conviction of Muslims to steal, kill, and destroy? I really should not have problem with Muslims or any sect of any religion. But, when you talk ill about my believe,. I will resist you as I will to the devil.
Muslims don't only live their conviction. They criticize the veracity of the Bible and still use it to justify the prophet hood of Mohammed.

Here I don't attack Muslims but because of Antichristian.

So?
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:59am On Jul 13, 2023
MightySparrow:

Am I against the conviction of Muslims to steal, kill, and destroy? I really should not have problem with Muslims or any sect of any religion. But, when you talk ill about my believe,. I will resist you as I will to the devil.
Muslims don't only live their conviction. They criticize the veracity of the Bible and still use it to justify the prophet hood of Mohammed.
Here I don't attack Muslims but because of Antichristian.
So?

What do you have to say about some so called bus preachers condemning people to Hellfire for not sharing their beliefs?

Are you saying only Antichristian represents all the Muslims in your community?

Do you know any nice and kind person in your neighbourhood who is a Muslim or you've never found one?
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MightySparrow: 9:46am On Jul 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

What do you have to say about some so called bus preachers condemning people to Hellfire for not sharing their beliefs?

Are you saying only Antichristian represents all the Muslims in your community?

Do you know any nice and kind person in your neighbourhood who is a Muslim or you've never found one?

Antichristian comes here not to preach or talk about hell but talks against Christian faith and bible as his name implies, a sworn enemy of Christians of any and denominations.
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by Freshtruth(m): 9:53am On Jul 13, 2023
Please somebody should help me have not eating through out yesterday I have be on job hunting am in tears like this in my room pls I need help
317 Gtbank
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2023
MightySparrow:

Antichristian comes here not to preach or talk about hell but talks against Christian faith and bible as his name implies, a sworn enemy of Christians of any and denominations.

Romans Chapter 12:

Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. Verse 17

Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good. Verse 21

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MightySparrow: 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Romans Chapter 12:

Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. Verse 17

Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good. Verse 21

It is not return of evil, it is showing him the hypocrisy of his religion. There are so many things people don't know about his religion that are no exposed.
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2023
MightySparrow:

It is not return of evil, it is showing him the hypocrisy of his religion. There are so many things people don't know about his religion that are no exposed.
So what is wrong when someone EXPOSE your own religion too? smiley
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MightySparrow: 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So what is wrong when someone EXPOSE your own religion too? smiley

No problem, if there's anything to hide.
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
MightySparrow:

No problem, if there's anything to hide.

So Antichristian also feels like EXPOSING your religion that's why he's coming up with different posts! smiley

MightySparrow:

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MightySparrow: 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So Antichristian also feels like EXPOSING your religion that's why he's coming up with different posts! smiley

His attempt is laden with hatred for christian faith, I advise him to go Sambisa forest and stealing girls like his co jihadists.
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2023
MightySparrow:

His attempt is laden with hatred for christian faith, I advise him to go Sambisa forest and stealing girls like his co jihadists.

Had it been you're particular about him i won't be here asking you but you are attacking the Muslim faith in general not only Antichristian that's what Jesus condemned!
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by FRANCISTOWN: 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2023
Farraheights:

These are the ancestral seeds of the colonizers...

Observe the pattern. Nice observation man✅

Even thesame religious text pointed it out to its *believers* that you are right man, but trust Nigerian ignoramus

We'll try our best to emancipate them from Such stupidity
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by FRANCISTOWN: 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2023
MightySparrow:

I wish your experience were a gospel truth. That is your expectation.. In Africa, we are deep rooted in spirituality. To say there is no blood money, you are joking Sir! Only teach us what you know and stop rationalizing what you don't.
Okay, give me one solid proof of blood money. Why isn't Africa the richest if there was anything like blood money?

MightySparrow:

You were up twice, God will raise you up again.
I go raise myself up. Your fake God has no authority over my life

MightySparrow:

Giving to God or gods is a practice as old as man's existence. It cuts across every race and clime, and time. You would discover that shrines and mosques and cathedrals and temples are atimes the most beautiful buildings in most places.
People give to God yet there is nothing to show for it, instead they go poorer. One empirical benefit of giving to your God?

MightySparrow:

So, people believe in the invisible God/ gods for blessings. I do also.

And how has he blessed them?

MightySparrow:

Your calculations are reasonable. Have you ever thought of an energetic man sleeping with a perfectly beautiful woman, married as virgins and perfectly healthy, yet no child?
Have you ever thought of a pastor who claimed God speaks to him and yet no child.

Haven't you seen a very smart and hardworking person who is broke too.

Life happens and misfortune could happen to anyone.

MightySparrow:

I guess you might have seen people more intelligent than you and with less achievement than yours. Possibly also, people you consider yourself wiser than but have better achievements.

It's a lie, I went broke due to my own foolishness. Anyone who was more intelligent wouldn't fall that hard

MightySparrow:

Life's graph is never a straight line through the origin.

As long as the sermons of the theists are bring preached. The message of atheists must be preached as well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by FRANCISTOWN: 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
If you're sure of your ideology of:

"WÈRÈ LA FI Ń WO WÈRÈ"

Why not enter their place of worship and stop them?
As a christian, why not enter a muslim's house and drag him to church?

The first "were" from you guys is online evangelism so, this is another "were"

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

As a christian, why not enter a muslim's house and drag him to church? The first "were" from you guys is online evangelism so, this is another "were"

Jesus said:
Go and meet them in their homes uninvited to preach and teach them!
So we have been given the power to go into their homes to meet them and as respectable people we speak with them liberally so there is no madness (wèrè) in what we're doing, we are playing according to the rules of the society! wink
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by FRANCISTOWN: 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus said:
Go and meet them in their homes uninvited to preach and teach them!
So we have been given the power to go into their homes to meet them and as respectable people we speak with them liberally so there is no madness (wèrè) in what we're doing, we are playing according to the rules of the society! wink

Your Jesus only has authority on those who believe in him. He's useless in real world
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Your Jesus only has authority on those who believe in him. He's useless in real world

Jesus has authority over everything but until God gives him order {Psalm 110:1-2} to exterminate those who are not submissive, so don't think he is power drunk like imperfect unreasonable humans ruling over you! wink
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MightySparrow: 10:03pm On Jul 13, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Okay, give me one solid proof of blood money. Why isn't Africa the richest if there was anything like blood money?

I go raise myself up. Your fake God has no authority over my life

People give to God yet there is nothing to show for it, instead they go poorer. One empirical benefit of giving to your God?

And how has he blessed them?

Have you ever thought of a pastor who claimed God speaks to him and yet no child.

Haven't you seen a very smart and hardworking person who is broke too.

Life happens and misfortune could happen to anyone.

It's a lie, I went broke due to my own foolishness. Anyone who was more intelligent wouldn't fall that hard

As long as the sermons of the theists are bring preached. The message of atheists must be preached as well

All your explanations are right.
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by FRANCISTOWN: 11:52am On Jul 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus has authority over everything but until God gives him order {Psalm 110:1-2} to exterminate those who are not submissive, so don't think he is power drunk like imperfect unreasonable humans ruling over you! wink
Why are you forcing yourself not to be reasonable now.
How would you say Jesus has authority over everything?
Who is Jesus?
Even the president of Nigeria has no authority over everything.
Isn't it madness to say Jesus has authority over everything.
Go to a market and pick anything especially from a Muslim brethren without pay then say Jesus has authority over everything. You'll realise how useless your Jesus is

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Why are you forcing yourself not to be reasonable now.
How would you say Jesus has authority over everything?
Who is Jesus?
Even the president of Nigeria has no authority over everything.
Isn't it madness to say Jesus has authority over everything.
Go to a market and pick anything especially from a Muslim brethren without pay then say Jesus has authority over everything. You'll realise how useless your Jesus is

You guys always reason like toddlers! cheesy

The four predominant qualities of the true God are: LOVE, JUSTICE, WISDOM and POWER

So before you think about what God supposed to do reason along the line of someone who is LOVING, JUST, WISE and POWERFUL

It's humans like you that always become unreasonable when they are opportuned to gain dominance over their fellow humans but as for the true God none of those qualities can make Him unreasonable.

So stop thinking that since God has all the power He can do everything NO i've discussed this with many atheists on this forum God is not omnipotent there are so many things He can't do because of His attributes.

When i say Jesus has authority over everything i mean this planet belongs to him now {Matthew 28:18} so when he returns anyone not doing his father's will must be destroyed {Luke 19:27} but he must wait for orders from his father {Psalms 110:2} that has always been his way of handling matters! John 5:30

You guy are really really funny the way you often think walahi talahi! cheesy
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by FRANCISTOWN: 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

When i say Jesus has authority over everything i mean this planet belongs to him now.
🤣🤣🤣I have nothing more to say to you
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by Pakman: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
Religion is a scam. Religion is part of the matrix of this world. If you know, you know. Why has the Vatican kept secret, a vast section of its library up till this day. There is forbidden knowledge and it's not in any of the books (Qur'an or the Bible). Know this and know peace.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

🤣🤣🤣I have nothing more to say to you
Good! smiley
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by FRANCISTOWN: 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2023
Pakman:
Religion is a scam. Religion is part of the matrix of this world. If you know, you know. Why has the Vatican kept secret, a vast section of its library up till this day. There is forbidden knowledge and it's not in any of the books (Qur'an or the Bible). Know this and know peace.
If it were just a scam, it would be better. Not only is it a scam. It's lethal
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by Busybrain2233: 11:44pm On Jul 14, 2023
Religion is the Opium of the masses, but it's so funny that the masses are ignorant of this true fact and hence, refuses to know the truth.🤷
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by vdestro: 11:23am On Jul 15, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Let's do a simple maths.

His tithe and offerings every month, aside seed sowing and donations is ₦6000..

All your "lets says" already show that you are not being real eyeistic for the real eyeity shows that people eat all their N50k and remain poor.

But truth is, there are also those who pay tithes and are still poor and hungry.

But the value of tithe is a secret that is not told.
Re: Why You Should Stop Paying Tithes And Offerings, Seed Sowing And Special Donatio by FRANCISTOWN: 10:56pm On Jul 15, 2023
vdestro:

All your "lets says" already show that you are not being real eyeistic for the real eyeity shows that people eat all their N50k and remain poor.

But truth is, there are also those who pay tithes and are still poor and hungry.

But the value of tithe is a secret that is not told.

Yes, a secret that is not told as a mechanism of extortion. A very fraudulent medium.

I'm not talking about people who eat all their income or not, I'm talking about people who pay their tithes regardless of how much they make or how much they save.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Abel Damina & The Bible / Ladies At 40 Yrs Still With No Husband ,gather Here . / Learn To Get Your Prayers Answered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.