Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This (4186 Views)

Will Igbos Take The Bait? / Can Igbos Or Hausas Produce Deputy Governor Of Lagos By 2027 / Can Igbos Get This- Apc Will Only Lose Election In SE Or SS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Princedaniel: 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
Maize247:
Every Nigerians studying in this Federal University, Alex Ekweme University, Emboyi must write Igbo Language as a GNS course, this is compustry and not elective whether you like it or not regardless of your tribe.

Can Igbos keep silent on this if any Federal University in the SW makes Yoruba language a GNS in Unilag, UI or any other University Yoruba land.

Bloody hypocrite!

Don’t forget to tell Nigerians how over 50% senior staff in the same FUNAI are Yoruba. How the first VC who was Yoruba did backyard and shody appointment for his brothers.

Would you take this if it was done in Ogun?

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Slynation(m): 9:38pm On Jul 13, 2023
Shut up...Igbo language is been treated as a GS course for long now, I know Unizik are studying Igbo as a GS course for year 1 students...

But there is always a section to indicate you are non igbo and there questions are always different from S.E states...very very easy, infact one of my Akwa Ibom comrade made a sharp A both semesters...!!
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Maize247(f): 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2023
Greedy people

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Niwdog(m): 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2023
Arapmoi22:

There's something you don't understand about the igbos.
They desire the 1963 -1966 roller-coasters in which their sons occupied positions of authority.
President Azikiwe, Senate president Author orizu, CDS Aguiyi Ironsi, 80% of military officer ranks and high positions in government offices.
That was what ibos see as the right thing. Things are always right and fine when they are in charge and in control.
Outside that, it's skewed.
Know this fact, making igbo language a GNS is fine to every igbo man. It will not be fine if it is itshekiri, ijaw, tiv, kanuri, hausa, fulani or Yoruba.
and what you forgot to ask yourself was during the 1963 era did the Igbos merit those position or they grabbed it?
Our IQ is way above others in Nigeria,,no wonder the hate
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Zupay: 3:57am On Jul 14, 2023
Maize247:
Greedy people

Don't waste your time getting pained, mobilize people to storm the senate buildings of all SW universities and demand for it!
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Christistruth03: 4:04am On Jul 14, 2023
Validated:
Go to court!!!

They don't have to go to Court

They can just do the same in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by comrChris(m): 6:20am On Jul 14, 2023
I schooled in unizik
GS109(first semester) and GS10(second semester) are Igbo and compulsory, though non indigenes own are very easy, they are the ones that pass it easily.
But you must pass it, otherwise you're not leaving the school.

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by comrChris(m): 6:26am On Jul 14, 2023
Slynation:
Shut up...Igbo language is been treated as a GS course for long now, I know Unizik are studying Igbo as a GS course for year 1 students...

But there is always a section to indicate you are non igbo and there questions are always different from S.E states...very very easy, infact one of my Akwa Ibom comrade made a sharp A both semesters...!!
Don't mind this people. You're very correct.
Non indigenes pass the Igbo more than the indigenes because they made theirs very easy.
90% of the non indigenes score As while the indigenes escape with Ds and Es.

Nairaland is losing it
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by madridguy(m): 6:43am On Jul 14, 2023
Everything must turn tribal engagement cheesy Nairalander kiss

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 14, 2023
Zupay:

Not only in the SW but the entire Country, it would enrich the learning experience.

I was born and raised in Lagos, I was taught Yoruba from primary one to J.S.S 3. I communicate fluently in Yoruba language alongside my native language, Igbo.

So let Yoruba, Efik, Tiv, Hausa, Igbo etc be a compulsory GST course in our universities.

So, it's a course studied in 1 semester that'll make you communicate in a language you never learnt before?

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 14, 2023
Gossiphub:

Don't mind him.

He left all th schools in SW to smuggle in Unilag.

Like Lagos is the entirety of SW

because Unilag is in the mudridden Land of the Rising Scorn?

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by flokii: 8:31am On Jul 14, 2023
This is very wrong in a Federal University.. Unical too should make Efik compulsory while UI, UNILAG and OAU should make Yoruba a compulsory general course.

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Slynation(m): 9:17am On Jul 14, 2023
comrChris:
Don't mind this people. You're very correct.
Non indigenes pass the Igbo more than the indigenes because they made theirs very easy.
90% of the non indigenes score As while the indigenes escape with Ds and Es.

Nairaland is losing it
Don't mind those ones, they should keep playing victim, As if I didn't do Hausa language as a subject in Kaduna state...

Heaven will not fall, if they include their language in there study, but coming online to downplay others for studying there language is the height of stupidity...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Jomonix: 9:20am On Jul 14, 2023
DaddyCoool:
Igbos would love that because they are already doing it (studying other Nigerian languages)

Astute. I wanted to say exactly same. Wish I had opportunity to learn Hausa and Yoruba languages.
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by joyandfaith: 9:25am On Jul 14, 2023
Maize247:
Every Nigerians studying in this Federal University, Alex Ekweme University, Emboyi must write Igbo Language as a GNS course, this is compustry and not elective whether you like it or not regardless of your tribe.

Can Igbos keep silent on this if any Federal University in the SW makes Yoruba language a GNS in Unilag, UI or any other University Yoruba land.

When Lagos assembly is enacting law on yoruba language and culture for schools and government functions, some people raise alarm.
Some northern states have been implementing culture and language policy directly or indirectly.
Things fall apart is a prophetic book. Nigeria would be fragmented but it would be slow and gradual.

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by clockwisereport: 9:29am On Jul 14, 2023
This is my problem with Nigerian Universities.

They too dey teach irrelevant things and spend less time teaching core courses to students. Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by 001Lagos: 9:31am On Jul 14, 2023
Maize247:
Every University in the SW should note this
Is Yoruba language not a compulsory subject in lagos

Abi what is this one saying
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by clockwisereport: 9:31am On Jul 14, 2023
@maize247

UNN also teaches Igbo but it is part of GSP 207- Nigerian Peoples and Cultures.

It is also compulsory for all students except students of faculty of arts
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Mindlog: 9:53am On Jul 14, 2023
I as an igbo, as a child was taught and started reading J.F Odunjo's Iwe kini Alawiye up to Iwe Kefa in primary school and summoned the courage to read Fagunwa's Ogboju Ọde ninu Igbo Irunmole in primary 5, is who would be angry if OAU, UI etc adopts Yoruba as a GST course? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Kunle Afolayan should make a movie out of it.
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by olisaEze(m): 10:00am On Jul 14, 2023
Igbo dis Igbo dat, goan get a life abeg make person hear word! No matter how much igbophobia you push, if a rerun is announced today, Peter Obi will still win Lagos & Abuja by landslide again! Nigerians did not vote tribe, we did not vote religion, we did not vote N540/L fuel, we voted for ObiDatti!! grin
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by aljharem(m): 10:05am On Jul 14, 2023
Can you imagine. If any SW university try this, all hell will be let loose

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by maestroferddi: 10:06am On Jul 14, 2023
slam7000:

It shouldn’t be compulsory for all undergraduates. They should be given options to study other Nigerian languages. It’s not fair on students from other ethnic groups who don’t understand Igbo or has done Igbo language at O’level.
Unsmart logic...

You study Julius Caesar and Napoleon Bournaparte, Greek and Roman civilisation but hardly complain...

It is a course to be studied... students are not in universities for playing...

They should request for a rich course material and get on with it...
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Maize247(f): 10:09am On Jul 14, 2023
001Lagos:

Is Yoruba language not a compulsory subject in lagos

Abi what is this one saying
You are not getting it. Yoruba language is compustry in secondary school own by state government but they do not force it on Federal government University like Igbo did

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by MadamExcellency: 10:11am On Jul 14, 2023
Maize247:
We will surely replicate it in SW

Every Child studying in Alvan Ikoku Model Demostaration Secondary School (ALVANA) must do Hausa/Yoruba/Igbo as a second language.

This is in the heart of Igbo land and nobody is protesting.

Travel, you no want. 60% or so of Igbos know and speak fluently one to four other Nigerian languages unlike other tribes.
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by DaddyCoool: 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
Arapmoi22:

There's something you don't understand about the igbos.
They desire the 1963 -1966 roller-coasters in which their sons occupied positions of authority.
President Azikiwe, Senate president Author orizu, CDS Aguiyi Ironsi, 80% of military officer ranks and high positions in government offices.

Sooo, why did they do coup (according to you!)

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Every Child studying in Alvan Ikoku Model Demostaration Secondary School (ALVANA) must do Hausa/Yoruba/Igbo as a second language.

This is in the heart of Igbo land and nobody is protesting.

Travel, you no want. 60% or so of Igbos know and speak fluently one to four other Nigerian languages unlike other tribes.

Because you people are refugees all over Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by XerXers: 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
Maize247:

Are you now playing Victim mentality?
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by XerXers: 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2023
2022Frustrated:
This is all shades of wrong. Not the University imposing a local language on the students in a Federal University.

I hope all Federal universities in Nigeria take a cue and implement a compulsory GST course on the prevalent language in their area. ABU Zaria should implement mandatory Hausa GST, Unilag shoul implement mandatory Yoruba GST, Unical should implement mandatory Efik etc
GST was introduced by UNN, it's good to see another Igbo school introduce compulsory local language too
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by XerXers: 1:45pm On Jul 14, 2023
Styluss:
If this was done by any Yoruba University, i am sure you and your cronies would be shouting marginalization by now. It's a federal Institution and that is all shades of wrong especially when its not being implemented Nationally. When you are wrong, you should admit rather than defend.
But I expect nothing less from the people who always chestbeats
Victim mentality
Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by Styluss: 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2023
I dont understand!
Who has such mentality
XerXers:

Victim mentality

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekweme Federal University: Can Igbos Take This by XerXers: 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2023
Niwdog:
and what you forgot to ask yourself was during the 1963 era did the Igbos merit those position or they grabbed it?
Our IQ is way above others in Nigeria,,no wonder the hate
Weak people hate merit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can The President Fire The Vice President? / Eze Ndigbo Title: Ohazulike Appeals For Calm / Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.