Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security (39921 Views)

Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties / Sanwo-Olu Declares State Of Emergency On Roads, Massive Rehabilitation Starts / Lagos Declares State Of Emergency On Bad Roads Across The State - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by ahaz: 8:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
MS247:
Fulani herdsmen better have sense

Tinubu made a NorthCentral man Chief of Army Staff for a reason
Them.ho get sense soon by the time the rain starts falling.
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by MS247: 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
tyup:

Oga Chief of Army Staff na Yoruba demon grin grin

From Kwara... NorthCentral

Make we dey watch the season film

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by Obainoman6: 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2023
oonyeoma50:

Tinubu is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria, he is a god sent.
We the good people of Nigeria urge Tinubu to increase the volume of whatever he is doing to Nigerians, we love it, don't listen to anybody.

God bless president Tinubu,
God bless federal republic of Nigeria

On colos
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by J3susFr3ak: 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2023
XerXers:

Benue, plateau, Kaduna, Niger Zamfara, Katsina, Sokoto, Kebbi are under occupation by non state actors and you want people back to farm? The only people going back to farm are Igbos, thank God for ESN. We are still packing huge money from tomato harvest

Good observation, although this part of the article caught my attention:

“We will engage our security architecture to protect the farms and the farmers so that farmers can return to the farmlands without fear of attacks.”

PLEASE CHANGE THE CURRENT SECURITY ARCHITECTURE TO ENSURE FARMERS WORKING ON THEIR ANCESTRAL LANDS ARE PROTECTED FROM TERRORISTS!

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by Savechild23: 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
Mtchew
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by LegendHero(m): 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
jmoore:
What's the capacity of our food reserve?

If you know the paltry amount of grain in our food reserve, then you will laugh at this declaration.

They are going to expand it. It’s in the report.

Most Nigerians are pessimists. No matter the policy created by government, their first response is to say 1000 reasons why it won’t be possible.

6 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by OnlineBackups: 9:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
Good
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by lexy2014: 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
helinues:

Back to farming. We can produce our local foods in abundance and still export.

I am still wondering why we are still importing ordinary fish and turkey when we can start the production here

Who are the "we" you referring to?

Why are you "wailing" (permit me to borrow your word)? Was buhari not supposed to handle these things u are complaining about?

Is Nigeria not presently producing enough local food in abundance?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by Lankzy1: 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
Hello my name is Lucky🍀 I'm a graphic designer👨‍💻
I Design flyers, Banners
I also do editing of passports, iD cards, Documents, pictures etc. add up on WhatsApp Let me be your Sure plug in editing and designing
😊
@+2349043233397

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by lexy2014: 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2023
LegendHero:

They are going to expand it. It’s in the report.

Most Nigerians are pessimists. No matter the policy created by government, their first response is to say 1000 reasons why it won’t be possible.

"They are going to expand it"....do you see into the future? Is it because something is in the report that it will be done?

Is it the pessimism of Nigerians that is responsible for government policies not working?

Do you want nigerians to be as optimistic as Tinubu regarding buhari in the screenshot below?

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by Chucks13: 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2023
helinues:

I am still wondering why we are still importing ordinary fish and turkey when we can start the production here

You are right bro.
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by enemyofprogress: 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2023
Otundaola:
News Link
nairaland.com
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by lexy2014: 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

Good observation, although this part of the article caught my attention:

“We will engage our security architecture to protect the farms and the farmers so that farmers can return to the farmlands without fear of attacks.”

PLEASE CHANGE THE CURRENT SECURITY ARCHITECTURE TO ENSURE FARMERS WORKING ON THEIR ANCESTRAL LANDS ARE PROTECTED FROM TERRORISTS!

Thank you.

How will the security architecture be changed to ensure farmers are protected from terrorists?

What is the present security architecture?
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by Chucks13: 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2023
lexy2014:

Why are you "wailing" (permit me to borrow your word)? Was buhari not supposed to handle these things u are complaining about?

Mr man pls allow us see road we have no time to waste on people like you no time to waste time bro.

Move or remain behind your luck bro.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by lexy2014: 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2023
oonyeoma50:

We the good people of Nigeria urge Tinubu to increase the volume of whatever he is doing to Nigerians, we love it, don't listen to anybody.

Kindly explain how u arrived at your points raised
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by lexy2014: 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2023
Chucks13:

Mr man pls allow us see road we have no time to waste on people like you no time to waste time bro.

Move or remain behind your luck bro.

Pls try again.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by sameks08(m): 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2023
When herdsmen don't allow farmers to go to their farmland let's see how it works out
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by mauchiz: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
helinues:

They should start production of every food stock in Nigeria.
Every state should have a rice farm

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by Sablexxxtoons: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
Jagaban joor!

Time for farmers to smile
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by sogodihno: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
XerXers:

Benue, plateau, Kaduna, Niger Zamfara, Katsina, Sokoto, Kebbi are under occupation by non state actors and you want people back to farm? The only people going back to farm are Igbos, thank God for ESN. We are still packing huge money from tomato harvest

The same ESN killing and flogging your parents? Declaring sit at home?
When will u have sense?

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by Buhari4sale: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
U can't satisfy Nigerians. This man'move is sometimes unbelievable but when deeply thought about it, you will see there is possibility.
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by sogodihno: 9:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
XerXers:

Chief of Army staff is from the coward region that lost Ilorin to fulani

That's the reason simon Ekpa in far away Finland is dealing with you and your parents, who is the coward or ojukwu that wasted 3 million life's of your fathers and ran in skirt to ivory coast. You urgently need sense

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by grandstar(m): 9:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
Due to my free market leanings, I don't feel too good about this.

"Food security" usually entails the country achieves "self sufficiency" in food it has no comparative advantage in like rice. This will mean the citizenry pay more for rice than it otherwise should. Since the primary cause of hunger isn't a lack of food but a lack of money, higher food prices does not help the poor.

Rather government should focus on food the nation has comparative advantage in and liberalizes imports of the others.

If the attention given to rice over the past 10 years was applied to foods the nation has comparative advantage in, I won't be surprised if earnings from food exports touch $10bn. Shea butter alone can earn the country $2bn. Cashew over $1bn and the list goes on.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by Hsurdluxury: 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2023
I support state of emergency on importation only

the same way nigerians will tell you they prefer Turkish shirts to Nigeria made shirts

i keep wondering how innoson motor survived in this country,we dont value our own

i want to sell Nigeria made shirt to wholesalers at mandillas market lagos and all of them were declining only insisting that if i bring foreign made they will patronise
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by Quebec91(m): 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2023
Mtcheewww! undecided

E be like say reality on ground never hit you abi
oonyeoma50:

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by Sirchigo4: 9:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
Wow wow wow

So they want the prices of food stuff to come down, but fuel price remains where it is or go up. They will not increase the salary of workers but will increase the salary of president, governors and the rest of dem.

In patience voice, there is God o

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by Chucks13: 9:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
lexy2014:

Pls try again.

Abegyyy waka one side biko.

Na so Gej did everything yet na una mouth una take destroyed him plsssssss Park one side....
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by tyup(m): 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2023
MS247:

From Kwara... NorthCentral
Make we dey watch the season film
Oh thanks for the heads-up
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by HateBigots: 9:25pm On Jul 13, 2023
. When will he declare state of emergency on corruption, agberos and election malpractice. Nonsense
Re: President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security by lexy2014: 9:28pm On Jul 13, 2023
Chucks13:

Abegyyy waka one side biko.

Na so Gej did everything yet na una mouth una take destroyed him plsssssss Park one side....

Offpoint. You haven't answered the questions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Troops Recover Weapons After Repeling Boko Haram Attack In Sambisa Forest.Photos / In 2017 Buhari Was Driven From His Office By Patriotic & Courageous Rats – FFK / Solomon Dalung Drinking Tea With Bread At Bauchi Road Motor Park, Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.