Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview (23400 Views)

I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Hassanmaye(m): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
BEANSANDBREAD00:
I applied for various jobs at indeed after concluding my nysc,but I couldn't secure a job in lagos.

So I decided to go back to port harcourt,to try my luck and after a day of applying. I got an email from biohuman crystal consult scheduling me for an interview.

They were three phases of the interview Writing phase,job description and oral phase.

We were about 25 in the hall taking the tests. Simple questions were asked during the writing phase and it rose my suspicion,after that the manager came for the job description and she started boasting of how she became successful as a worker here.

She took most of our time brainwashing us and telling us how the company stands above others that they are some sort of health consulting firm and they pay real well,she was self assertive.

She was asking us to stand if we want to be part of the workforce,we all stood but she insisted that she wouldn't take us all. We were now worried and anxious.

She told us that we have to make a mandatory payment of 20,000, the 20,000 is for our medical and safety wears and the first people to pay would be among the leading team.

Some stood and she directed them to another office for the payment,she left and her second took the lead.

He was asking if we could make an installmental payment of 10000 when they pay our July salary we would complete it from the salary some stood and they were directed to a separate office for the payment. I told him I could pay only 5k at that moment.

He said no wahala but I must be a man of integrity and pay the remaining balance after I receive my July salary. So I paid.

They told me they would send a text message to me and I later received it.(on the picture below)

I came for the training and it was rubbish as expected. They were just boasting on how they've made it in life and they were talking about the job.

They said they consult with different companies on how to live a healthy life,what to eat and the right way to live. We spent almost 4 hours on the rubbish training, later someone called me outside and I answered and he told me to complete the payment that I would be separated soon but the initial guy told me that I would complete the payment from my July salary.

He told me to go back to the training office,after some time I was separated and told to complete the payment before I continued the training.

I just left the premises smiling to myself. Nigerians and scam sha. You guys should be careful out there any job interview message with consult,global,HR with phone number is suspicious
Haha thank God you are even smart to understand is a scam in the early
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by JobAndVacancies: 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2023
IPDGP:
I once experienced this when I finished my ND 2011, this lady came start giving different acronyms, I was like what the Bleep is what this one saying with my employment, some later later came and start giving testimonies, the head of my mother quickly alert me that this is pure scam.

While preaching thier rubbish I start looking for a nice girl to toast, so that it will not be a total waste of day
at bolded, same thing happened to me, check my profile you'll see the topic. Na so i just vex peep into the forms of fellow applicants commot the number of the females dey toast them for whatsapp grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by lordaltruist(m): 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2023
Like bro them no scam you ooo, na you run.

The thing be say you no dey patient enough to find out the kind of health consultant wey dem be.

Na all those foreign Agbo you for dey sell for street grin grin cheesy.

Health consultant my foot. I nearly break one of dem head that year I dey find work. grin grin

Na so dem go dey claim millionaire and billionaire yet you wey come interview is well looking compare to dem; abi dem no tell you say you no suppose to dey work for anybody say in the near future robot go take over our jobs? grin grin grin

Anyway my bro if you know say you fit teach for primary and secondary school, call me make I link you up: 08146763741

E go better pass if you dey stay for Iwofe or Ada-George Area and you can handle Mathematics and Science subjects very well.

All the same, good luck.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by NickD(m): 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
BEANSANDBREAD00:
I applied for various jobs at indeed after concluding my nysc,but I couldn't secure a job in lagos.

So I decided to go back to port harcourt,to try my luck and after a day of applying. I got an email from biohuman crystal consult scheduling me for an interview.

They were three phases of the interview Writing phase,job description and oral phase.

We were about 25 in the hall taking the tests. Simple questions were asked during the writing phase and it rose my suspicion,after that the manager came for the job description and she started boasting of how she became successful as a worker here.

She took most of our time brainwashing us and telling us how the company stands above others that they are some sort of health consulting firm and they pay real well,she was self assertive.

She was asking us to stand if we want to be part of the workforce,we all stood but she insisted that she wouldn't take us all. We were now worried and anxious.

She told us that we have to make a mandatory payment of 20,000, the 20,000 is for our medical and safety wears and the first people to pay would be among the leading team.

Some stood and she directed them to another office for the payment,she left and her second took the lead.

He was asking if we could make an installmental payment of 10000 when they pay our July salary we would complete it from the salary some stood and they were directed to a separate office for the payment. I told him I could pay only 5k at that moment.

He said no wahala but I must be a man of integrity and pay the remaining balance after I receive my July salary. So I paid.

They told me they would send a text message to me and I later received it.(on the picture below)

I came for the training and it was rubbish as expected. They were just boasting on how they've made it in life and they were talking about the job.

They said they consult with different companies on how to live a healthy life,what to eat and the right way to live. We spent almost 4 hours on the rubbish training, later someone called me outside and I answered and he told me to complete the payment that I would be separated soon but the initial guy told me that I would complete the payment from my July salary.

He told me to go back to the training office,after some time I was separated and told to complete the payment before I continued the training.

I just left the premises smiling to myself. Nigerians and scam sha. You guys should be careful out there any job interview message with consult,global,HR with phone number is suspicious
Lol now you have learnt your lesson on how to do due diligence before going for any interview especially in Nigeria.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Shattuck(m): 3:11pm On Jul 14, 2023
dogtails:
Be there tagging moderators like an idiot don't learn how to mk research next time na igbo etche you go see urself...A graduate cannot mk simple research about a company that he claims invited him for interview SMH..A simple research on this forum would have saved your time and 5k but nothing dey Yr head unfortunately
for a guy who claims to be so informed you sound so immature and without manners.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by adeleks: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
Report them on indeed and leave review to help others.
BEANSANDBREAD00:

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Osgilliat(m): 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2023
@op you should have add Dodo to your NL moniker.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by GraceAndPeace: 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2023
So sorry for what you went through, you can join me on my page where I post genuine jobs daily https:///184037139835240/
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Isony: 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2023
I have had same experience here in Lagos but I it only my time wasted I regretted because I refused paying them shishi.
Their office is at Allen Avenue around Ikeja
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Isony: 6:48pm On Jul 14, 2023
One of their office is at Allen Avenue around Ikeja
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Poisonousman: 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
BEANSANDBREAD00:

Op this place dey very close to my area.. I go stroll go there when I get chance .. make I see for myself before I alert community boys
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Thewesterner(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
A simple search on Google or even naira land here would have saved you...But no
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Youngsage: 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
They will still scam you again. Nansense angry
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by isabi2lof: 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2023
Na wa o , how come you forgot to even search for the job on nairaland undecided
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Honestfrend: 3:46am On Jul 15, 2023
Godsonkemz:
Let me shock you... All those who stood up immediately when asked to make 20k payment are working with them.

The same thing happened to me in Onitsha back then. The casually dressed lady that was seated beside me was working with these scammers and while I was busy trying to discourage her from paying to these scammers, she stood up and walked up to the front to join others who wished to pay.

LOL... The moment I hear payment in any job interview.. I don open door find my way out.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Kaytixy: 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2023
Somebody should explain to me how to check if a job placement is a scam on nairaland thanks.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by dannyspeejay(m): 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2023
E Dey Shake grin grin

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Resurrection212: 12:02am On Jul 16, 2023
cheesy[left][/left] grin cheesy a very very old method. I couldn't believe that they still using this cunning method.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by BEANSANDBREAD00(m): 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
And they are still interviewing more people angry
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by sammywhity: 1:30am On Dec 11, 2023
I got an email invitation to come for an interview today with this same company , that same address NTA Rd Mgbuoba, after applying through indeed job search, I had my suspicions then decided to make a little research about this company and here is the result.
Thank you for this post.
Saved me a huge t fare.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by captaininiobong(m): 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2023
Godsonkemz:
Let me shock you... All those who stood up immediately when asked to make 20k payment are working with them.

The same thing happened to me in Onitsha back then. The casually dressed lady that was seated beside me was working with these scammers and while I was busy trying to discourage her from paying to these scammers, she stood up and walked up to the front to join others who wished to pay.

I swear they are part of them. This thing is strategy.
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Mimicoda(f): 11:03pm On Jan 05
men also beg women for money

Thermodynamics:

That's because men are the ones who look for money, women just seat around begging men for money.
Besides, the leader of the scam is a woman, or didn't you read the OP's post?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AG Leventis Nigeria Plc Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment / Killings: Police Begin Recruitment Of 40,000 Part-time Constables August / Japa: Background Check Requirements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.