Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. (20253 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Receives Approval For Badagry Deep Seaport Project / LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos / NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. by Oakenshield: 10:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
Shantyken:

Why can't they import through the mentioned port?
politics dey claim it needs dredging that big ships can't berth but big ships bring petroleum products. So last tym it worked was in 2002 because Duke challenge OBJ and went ahead to build Tinapa Free trade zone. Now the project is dead that could have helped in developing the southern areas
Re: Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. by Shantyken(m): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
Oakenshield:
politics dey claim it needs dredging that big ships can't berth but big ships bring petroleum products. So last tym it worked was in 2002 because Duke challenge OBJ and went ahead to build Tinapa Free trade zone. Now the project is dead that could have helped in developing the southern areas
Not politics totally but also the importers that choose Lagos seaport everytime. No sitting governor will see economic development coming to the state and play politics with it. How many of those importers d choose calabar port as destination, with that the state government can dredge it knowing well that it will boost state revenue, create minor jobs for indigens too.
Re: Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. by Oakenshield: 6:21am On Jul 15, 2023
Shantyken:

Not politics totally but also the importers that choose Lagos seaport everytime. No sitting governor will see economic development coming to the state and play politics with it. How many of those importers d choose calabar port as destination, with that the state government can dredge it knowing well that it will boost state revenue, create minor jobs for indigens too.
they use dredging in keeping investors away why since 2002 it hasn't been dredged? It's politics and also state doesn't have power to do it and I think it was just last year state where giving the power to get a seaport or so
Re: Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. by Shantyken(m): 7:16am On Jul 15, 2023
Oakenshield:
they use dredging in keeping investors away why since 2002 it hasn't been dredged? It's politics and also state doesn't have power to do it and I think it was just last year state where giving the power to get a seaport or so

From my town that place through speedboat is 40mins, it was dredged
Re: Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:18am On Jul 15, 2023
Oakenshield:
Even GEJ that is from SS employed politics to the disadvantage of his own region too? Is that what you are saying?
Re: Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. by Eddicated: 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2023
and not IBAKA Deep Sea Port ?
and when those boys vex now una go call them names abi
Re: Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. by Oakenshield: 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2023
Shantyken:

From my town that place through speedboat is 40mins, it was dredged
but the west will do everything possible for ports in other regions not to work
Re: Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. by Oakenshield: 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Even GEJ that is from SS employed politics to the disadvantage of his own region too? Is that what you are saying?
yes he failed in that aspect
Re: Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. by Shantyken(m): 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2023
Oakenshield:
but the west will do everything possible for ports in other regions not to work
Yes, that is the vision of SW leaders my brother because it will bring more money, employment, development there.

While the SS leaders depends solely on oil proceeds legally or illegally, sharing of money from federal.
Re: Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. by Raf4: 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2023
broadman20:

Yes I don't dispute that it was developed in 1850's by white man just like Calabar.

But all I'm saying is that just try and make another south west state to look closely like Lagos.

I've been to Ondo, Oyo, Ekiti, Osun and Kwara is even the worst to compare to Lagos.

Nothing I mean nothing will make anyone from another state in the south live in the states I've mentioned above if not to exploit them.

I know what I'm saying.

Did we complain? Did we write you to come and stay with us or developour land? Why do you want to die on top of our matter? By now you should be working on how to stop ipob from flogging your parents in the market square back in your SE dungeon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Men To Pay N1m For Blocking Governor Yahaya Bello’s Convoy / President Buhari Halted Jonathan's Plan To Sack Workers - Garba Shehu / Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.